Tempest Torture

Arthur97

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

By win, do you mean survive or actually kill her, because that just seems ludicrous.

Speed+3 Neutral Azura vs unbuffed Fury 3 Xander:

Enemy Phase:

Azura attacks. Triangle advantage boosts attack by 20%. Attack is boosted by another 20% [Sapphire Lance+]. 20 damage dealt.
Xander HP: 44 → 24

Xander counter-attacks. Triangle disadvantage reduces attack by 20%. Opponent reduces attack by another 20% [Sapphire Lance+]. 10 damage dealt.
Azura HP: 36 → 26

Azura makes a follow-up attack, while canceling any follow-up attack from the opponent [Swordbreaker 3]. Triangle advantage boosts attack by 20%. Attack is boosted by another 20% [Sapphire Lance+]. 20 damage dealt.
Xander HP: 24 → 4

Xander takes damage after combat [Fury 3]. 6 damage dealt.
Xander HP: 4 → 1

PP:

Xander attacks. Triangle disadvantage reduces attack by 20%. Opponent reduces attack by another 20% [Sapphire Lance+]. Damage boosted by 50% of defense [Bonfire]. 30 damage dealt.
Azura HP: 26 → 0

The MU is still roughly in Azura's favor, but yeah

That said one of the biggest reason i'm not too happy with this release is because i already invested in Camus lol.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, JSND said:

Speed+3 Neutral Azura vs unbuffed Fury 3 Xander:

Enemy Phase:

Azura attacks. Triangle advantage boosts attack by 20%. Attack is boosted by another 20% [Sapphire Lance+]. 20 damage dealt.
Xander HP: 44 → 24

Xander counter-attacks. Triangle disadvantage reduces attack by 20%. Opponent reduces attack by another 20% [Sapphire Lance+]. 10 damage dealt.
Azura HP: 36 → 26

Azura makes a follow-up attack, while canceling any follow-up attack from the opponent [Swordbreaker 3]. Triangle advantage boosts attack by 20%. Attack is boosted by another 20% [Sapphire Lance+]. 20 damage dealt.
Xander HP: 24 → 4

Xander takes damage after combat [Fury 3]. 6 damage dealt.
Xander HP: 4 → 1

PP:

Xander attacks. Triangle disadvantage reduces attack by 20%. Opponent reduces attack by another 20% [Sapphire Lance+]. Damage boosted by 50% of defense [Bonfire]. 30 damage dealt.
Azura HP: 26 → 0

The MU is still roughly in Azura's favor, but yeah

That said one of the biggest reason i'm not too happy with this release is because i already invested in Camus lol.

So did I, but Camus and Lucina fill two different roles.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

So did I, but Camus and Lucina fill two different roles.

I mean i already invested in Camus for the next 3 season shuffle

If Lucina ended up becoming the next Bonus Hero alongside Camus i basically got trolled by IS

Just now, JSND said:

I mean i already invested in Camus for the next 3 season shuffle

If Lucina ended up becoming the next Bonus Hero alongside Camus i basically got trolled by IS

Oh, yeah, but I invested in him for long term (distant counter lance).

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Oh, yeah, but I invested in him for long term (distant counter lance).

Long term is nice and all but muh feathers

I'm already salty as hell during Xander season, since one of the bonus hero was Roy lol. If it happened again its a sign IS didn't want me to run Horse Emblem

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Long term is nice and all but muh feathers

I'm already salty as hell during Xander season, since one of the bonus hero was Roy lol. If it happened again its a sign IS didn't want me to run Horse Emblem

Camus is really the only good horse unit I have...at five star. I have Xander, but never promoted him (and I'm kind of glad about that since Camus came along who seems pretty much a better Xander).

Honestly I hope that Masked Lucina is a bonus unit next season since Bride Cordelia kind of ate all my feathers so I have none for Camus right now.

21 minutes ago, a bear said:

Hoping this is the start of a trend, I could use a free neutral Ike.

Next one is probably going to be Veronica though

56 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

I don't have a Lucina yet so I'm glad that this one has the same stats.  I was worried she might have been worse since she's free.   Actually I don't have any  5 star falchion users so it'll be nice to get one.

Is there any information that points to Marth: Enigmatic Blade having the same stats as (I'm assuming) neutral Lucina: Future Witness?

4 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Is there any information that points to Marth: Enigmatic Blade having the same stats as (I'm assuming) neutral Lucina: Future Witness?

Here you go:

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Here you go:

Thanks.

Huh, so Marth: Enigmatic Blade is functionally a reskin of Lucina: Future Witness. Congratulations, Lucina, you now have an actual clone (and not in Smash Bros.).

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Thanks.

Huh, so Marth: Enigmatic Blade is functionally a reskin of Lucina: Future Witness. Congratulations, Lucina, you now have an actual clone (and not in Smash Bros.).

Enigmatic Blade for Smash 5!

Anyway, how do you think they'll handle these in the future? It could get Ike's RD design in the game (especially since they don't seem to care what time frame they're pulling from since masked Lucina seems like she was pulled directly from the time portal as she was going back compared to regular Lucina). Do you think they'll also do some of the more notable promotions such as, well, almost any lord?

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Anyway, how do you think they'll handle these in the future? It could get Ike's RD design in the game (especially since they don't seem to care what time frame they're pulling from since masked Lucina seems like she was pulled directly from the time portal as she was going back compared to regular Lucina). Do you think they'll also do some of the more notable promotions such as, well, almost any lord?

I think RD Ike looks different enough to be released on a banner with different stats, but they might do something similar with PoR Ike's promoted look.  I see them doing this for popular characters that have an alternate appearance, but one that's close to their regular look. 

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

That'd be a pretty easy alternate costume to give her. 

Just now, pumpkinspice48 said:

I think RD Ike looks different enough to be released on a banner with different stats, but they might do something similar with PoR Ike's promoted look.  I see them doing this for popular characters that have an alternate appearance, but one that's close to their regular look. 

That'd be a pretty easy alternate costume to give her. 

The problem I see with promotes, is that they usually add new weapons and could therefore be turned into separate units. In this case, functionality may matter more than appearance so RD Ike (plus then I could get an Ike) may still be viable.

4 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Going off the "alternates"  idea

Zeke & eventually Sirius are super easy pulls for this. 

Possessed Takumi w/ Skaldi if they're willing to alter weapons any.

FE6 Hector. They'd need to put FE6 Eliwood on a horse though.

Severa & Inigo would make sense too. Owain, though he'd go from blue tome (with trash stats) to red sword (with trash stats).

Rhajat, Caeldori, Asugi. I guess for flavor reasons they could give Rhajat the fire tomes instead of dark but still end in the blade.

April Fools Leon, Kaumi & Valbar.

I don't see them going whole hog on throwing every alternate in here (see also: tiki, corrin, robin, the spring/bridal alts), but especially if they decide to put multiple units in here there's lots of fun they could have with using the tempest as a way to get out really similar characters without devoting a banner to it.

3 minutes ago, r_n said:

Going off the "alternates"  idea

Zeke & eventually Sirius are super easy pulls for this. 

Possessed Takumi w/ Skaldi if they're willing to alter weapons any.

FE6 Hector. They'd need to put FE6 Eliwood on a horse though.

Severa & Inigo would make sense too. Owain, though he'd go from blue tome (with trash stats) to red sword (with trash stats).

Rhajat, Caeldori, Asugi. I guess for flavor reasons they could give Rhajat the fire tomes instead of dark but still end in the blade.

April Fools Leon, Kaumi & Valbar.

I don't see them going whole hog on throwing every alternate in here (see also: tiki, corrin, robin, the spring/bridal alts), but especially if they decide to put multiple units in here there's lots of fun they could have with using the tempest as a way to get out really similar characters without devoting a banner to it.

Technically, the Hoshido kids are different characters so they'd probably be normal units. Also, Eliwood is already on a horse which is kind of odd as I think he is the only unit based off of his promoted state.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Technically, the Hoshido kids are different characters so they'd probably be normal units. Also, Eliwood is already on a horse which is kind of odd as I think he is the only unit based off of his promoted state.

I had thought FE6 Eliwood was a swordmaster, but double checking yeah he was a paladin. Not sure who I was thinking of...maybe his official art confused me.

And yeah the hoshido kids are they're own people but still!

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Also, Eliwood is already on a horse which is kind of odd as I think he is the only unit based off of his promoted state.

Hector says hi. Hector is only armored as a Great Lord.

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hector says hi. Hector is only armored as a Great Lord.

Oh, well, he isn't as obvious. Honestly, looking at his designs, I have a hard time telling a difference visually. Of course I didn't see one of him just standing as a Great Lord.

Zeke/Sirius
Zelgius (TBK isn't in the game yet but lets be real, its happening)
RD Ike
RD Mist
FE6 Hector
FE6 Eliwood
FE6 Karel
FE7 Bartre
Echoes Whitewing Sisters
King Marth

If they wanted to continue the trend of "Alt costumes from normal series games = neutral IV special costume version of base character in Heroes" they have a pretty good selection they can choose from. And almost all of those characters are pretty good as well. Haven't even touched on the possible FE4/FE5 characters like Lief.

I think that would be a pretty fair reward for the Vortex stuff/way to let F2P have a shot at 5*s without hurting their money from summon pulls: neutral IVs are nice but not ideal after all. And by the looks F2P still have to put in a lot of work to get a good enough score, which probably requires more summon pulls depending on the maps they bring out for each Vortex. 

3 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Zeke/Sirius
Zelgius (TBK isn't in the game yet but lets be real, its happening)
RD Ike
RD Mist
FE6 Hector
FE6 Eliwood
FE6 Karel
FE7 Bartre
Echoes Whitewing Sisters
King Marth

If they wanted to continue the trend of "Alt costumes from normal series games = neutral IV special costume version of base character in Heroes" they have a pretty good selection they can choose from. And almost all of those characters are pretty good as well. Haven't even touched on the possible FE4/FE5 characters like Lief.

I think that would be a pretty fair reward for the Vortex stuff/way to let F2P have a shot at 5*s without hurting their money from summon pulls: neutral IVs are nice but not ideal after all. And by the looks F2P still have to put in a lot of work to get a good enough score, which probably requires more summon pulls depending on the maps they bring out for each Vortex. 

I think people are looking into this too deeply and making too broad of assumptions. Lucina and Masked Marth are literally the same person at the same point in life from the same game wearing two different outfits from the same game. I thought it was pretty clear that they'd be given the same stats.

Camus and Zelgius are probably the only other characters I can see this pattern applying to, and Camus is a slight stretch.

If any Tellius characters are getting alternate versions for both their Path of Radiance appearance and their Radiant Dawn appearance, I'd expect different stats. Radiant Dawn Ike in particular would almost certainly be stronger, but slower, than his existing Path of Radiance version.

The Elibe time skip is even greater, and there's no reason the Sword of Seal and Sword of Flame shared characters would necessarily have the same stats.

"Alternate costumes implemented as neutral versions with the same stats" is also far too broad of a generalization. Masked Marth is no different from any other limited reward character, and reward characters are by definition in this game neutral. I think people are looking too deeply into a shallow pool and trying to determine the nature of the pool by looking at the mud.

That's why I said "If they wanted to continue this trend". They might have no plans to do that at all. I was simply pointing out that the option is available. 

If you wanted to really narrow it down to the same/almost same time frame as a "rule" then yeah your options drop. But its not zero even then: Camus/Zeke, Whitewing Sisters/ FE4/5 characters all have extremely small windows of time. Exact same time frame for FE4/5, seeing as FE5 is a midquel. 

As for Masked Marth's stats, I was actually expecting them to be in between Lucina and Marth: its Lucina trying to imitate Marth. Their stat ranges are very similar but not identical:

Lucina: 43/34/36/25/19
Marth: 41/31/34/29/23
What I was expecting: 41/33/35/27/21, Defiant Speed + Escape Route

Something minor like that.