Jump to content
Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Recommended Posts

Looks like Mist overshot Lissa, wonder if they'll over shot in return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team Maria lost. It was sadly inevitable. But hey, at least I got feathers. Good game Team Lachesis.

Which teams do you guys think will advance this round? What's the score?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team Elise is down 180 million and only gained 40 million against Sakura last hour. We need to average a gain of 90 million per hour to win. This'll be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna grab some popcorn and watch Sakura vs Elise and Lissa vs Mist now since Priscilla is guaranteed to advance. I wonder if we'll see any upsets.

If Elise fails to catch up and Lissa overshoots in this hour, we might actually see both of them lose.

Edited by Korath88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Korath88 said:

Gonna grab some popcorn and watch Sakura vs Elise and Lissa vs Mist now since Priscilla is guaranteed to advance. I wonder if we'll see any upsets.

well the most popular character is losing the popularity contest, i don't see how we won't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, kei rosen said:

 

i do agree that IS failed in having character who was way more popular than the others, however,giving crazy multipliers to create upsets is not the way to go. i think of it this way. People are racing a marathon. person A is the favorite. person A is leading with a one mile to go, when they are forcefully stopped, letting the others racers surpass them, leaving them to try to play catch up. that is pretty much what the crazy multiplier can do in the late hours.

I'm also of the opinion that the multiplier is a horrible idea if IS wants the gauntlet to be a popularity contest. The teams that have the biggest amount of people backing them should be the ones who win in a given round, it's as simple as that. I'm just going to come out and say that if Sakura ends up winning, it will be completely illegitimate because she needed a handicap mechanic to achieve it. Without the multiplier, Sakura would've been dead and buried a while ago. Simply, I hate this mechanic because of its potential to screw over characters who would be winning handily if it wasn't there.

Edited by Tybrosion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm scared of overshooting and giving Mist the multiplier for the last hour but I'm also scared that if I don't use flags then we've lost ugh. This is nerve racking!

Edited by Anime27Arts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Us Lachesis people are fighting in the most low key close match right now lmao 

3a5fae66dc48594b07fa3e16f4f590f6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, a bear said:

I won't hear any more words against Mario Kart

lmao

 

yeaa i do wonder if we'll see an instance of the multiplier messing things up at the end this time. and if it does, what IS's response will be. i like the multiplier because it helps even out rewards for losers and is satisfying, but i don't really want it to secure an undeserved win...that ruins the whole point, doesn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I'm scared of overshooting and giving Mist the multiplier for the last hour but I'm also scared that if I don't use flags then we've lost ugh. This is nerve racking!

I JUST DUMPED IN 200 FLAGS CAUSE WHY NOT

TEAM FLIPPING LISSA MUST WIN

DO IT FOR THE VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTGsJMe9Tjs&ab_channel=SuperPaltos23

Anyone have better ideas for an intense theme? This one's plays during a comeback mechanic.

Uh...I guess play the theme that plays during the Veronica battle...or use this...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LiberatorMasurao said:

Well then. Team Elise is losing to Sakura. Please, anyone in Team Elise, save us. Do it for her. 

Oh don't worry. If we're going down thanks to a stupid handicap mechanic, then I at least choose to go out swinging. I'm gonna burn 200 flags per win for the rest of the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tybrosion said:

Oh don't worry. If we're going down thanks to a stupid handicap mechanic, then I at least choose to go out swinging. I'm gonna burn 200 flags per win for the rest of the way.

Do it for her (*^*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTGsJMe9Tjs&ab_channel=SuperPaltos23

Anyone have better ideas for an intense theme? This one's plays during a comeback mechanic.

it sounds so happy..

a streamer i watch always plays this during a comeback so it's been my go-to ever since haha.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LiberatorMasurao said:

Do it for her (*^*

We're not letting the precious cinnamon roll die again, I will fight to the death in her name!

 

Ya know, unless she does lose... then I guess I'm going with whoever wins Maria v. Lachesis. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I JUST DUMPED IN 200 FLAGS CAUSE WHY NOT

TEAM FLIPPING LISSA MUST WIN

DO IT FOR THE VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Its crazy how many points 200 With this multiplier with the team captain gives you. 162,800 points for one battle is crazy! But I'm willing to do it.  LISSA PLS WIIIIIN!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

yeaa i do wonder if we'll see an instance of the multiplier messing things up at the end this time. and if it does, what IS's response will be. i like the multiplier because it helps even out rewards for losers and is satisfying, but i don't really want it to secure an undeserved win...that ruins the whole point, doesn't it?

That's what I've been saying. It's not really satisfying for an underdog to win anymore when the multipliers (now even bigger) just make for artificial competition.

(And I say this as someone who was vouching for Elise but joined team Sakura since I actually have her, and just did over 150k points per match during the 7.2 multiplier we just had. That was pretty absurd)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...