Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

17 hours ago, Alexmender said:

All this talk about Waver vs Tamamo while I have neither of them don't worry Helena, we don't need those broken mages to survive, you're more than good enough for me

Pfft, you pulled a SR caster.  I'm still without one.

. . .this means I'm immediately pulling Merlin, right? :P:

Man, the story of Camelot is hilarious.

Spoiler

Touta telling Agravain "I don't like you because of your face" was pretty damn good.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Pfft, you pulled a SR caster.  I'm still without one.

. . .this means I'm immediately pulling Merlin, right? :P:

Man, the story of Camelot is hilarious.

Reveal hidden contents

Touta telling Agravain "I don't like you because of your face" was pretty damn good.

Do you remember what chapter that was? I was skipping cutscenes so I must have missed it.

22 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Do you remember what chapter that was? I was skipping cutscenes so I must have missed it.

Spoiler

The Fort cutscene in the Underground Prison. It's where you met both of them for the first time.

Btw. guys, I want some opinion on this.

I'm thinking about moving Asterios to A but with the reservation that he needs Grails. The list doesn't take grailing into account because raw stats alone don't change a Servant's worth. Sure, having more Hp on Hans, Leonidas and Georgios is great but it doesn't elevate them to an entire new level.
Asterios is imo the sole exception because his only problem are his atrocious stats. As a Berserker he scales very well with them and his kit pretty much lets his improved base stats explode. It can even be argued that he reaches S-Tier potential.

The problem is he needs a lot of them and I'm not sure if I should ignore the opportunity cost of Grails since they are so limited.

EDIT:
I got hassan'd.

Edited by The Priest

17 minutes ago, The Priest said:

I'm thinking about moving Asterios to A but with the reservation that he needs Grails. The list doesn't take grailing into account because raw stats alone don't change a Servant's worth. Sure, having more Hp on Hans, Leonidas and Georgios is great but it doesn't elevate them to an entire new level.
Asterios is imo the sole exception because his only problem are his atrocious stats. As a Berserker he scales very well with them and his kit pretty much lets his improved base stats explode. It can even be argued that he reaches S-Tier potential.

The problem is he needs a lot of them and I'm not sure if I should ignore the opportunity cost of Grails since they are so limited.

I suggest keeping him at his current rank (because let's be real, most people are going to save those grails for waifus), but make a note that he scales insanely well with grails.

41 minutes ago, The Priest said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The Fort cutscene in the Underground Prison. It's where you met both of them for the first time.

EDIT:
I got hassan'd.

thing is, when compared to other grailing options of similar rarity, how much does Asterios compare when placed against the likes of others who benefit from grails.

I mean even if we consider Herc/Jalter/etc., they still function just fine. At best, we still have the whole deal with Hans/Leo/George and the grails boosting their HP. If Asterios produces amazing results for this, then it's kinda like talking about fe10 Jill getting all the resources to shitstomp the game.

Finally finished with Camelot. Man, I loved the entire thing and did not want it to end, and now that it is over I am definitely craving for more. As for my experience in Camelot... 

Spoiler

Everything is awesome. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Seriously, the music, the characters, the story, the CGs... Everything in Camelot is top notch! I was smiling whenever King Hassan showed up, even though I mostly know him through the Gramps comics on Reddit. If I could whale, I would probably end up whaling for King Hassan. He is such a bad***!

I also ended up loving our beautiful monk Sanzang. At first I honestly did not care for her, even during the Journey to the West event. Camelot changes things. Arash definitely earned my respect with his respective storyline, and I liked seeing more of Cursed Arm Hassan. I also see why Serenity is liked with her adorable antics. Ozzy and Nito also earned my respect, whereas previously I did not care much for them.

As for the battles, Camelot is definitely harder than what I have dealt with previously. I had plenty of close calls where I had to rely on my backline and Heracles to finish the battle, and I had to use some Command Seals (NP Charge on the Mordred and Artoria Lancer 1.0 fights. Rhongomyniad 1.0 had me using the command seal on my own Artoria and it ended up being an epic finish). The final fight with Artoria Lancer was also rough for me since she spammed her NP charge ability (Artoria, Mash, Story Bedivere, Artoria Lily, Tamamo Mae, Heracles || Tamamo Mae and Herc are mostly present for Bond Points, but I did put that Volumen Hydrargyrum CE on Herc. Herc ended up finishing off Rhongomyniad by himself).

I see why now people want to see an anime adaptation of Camelot. I am now in those ranks! I need to stop gushing about how great Camelot is, so I will force myself to stop here.

Serenes FGO - Friend Code IDs (NA)

Spoiler

If I missed anyone or need to make a correction, let me know! (Use the [@UserName] feature so I get a notification, or just quote one of my posts.)

[UPDATE LOG - July 4th, 2018]
-- Phillius the Crestfallen (Time) has been moved to Inactive Members.

Active Members
SecondWorld - 403,067,254 (David)
eclipse - 917,798,708 (eclipse)
MediocreLee - 015,794,040 (MediocreLee)
MrSmokestack - 062,476,598 (MrSmokestack)
Rothene - 750,157,837 (Rothene)
Ebony - 233,925,133 (Hannah)
Zeratul  - 863,169,679 (Ren)
Sire - 815 519 689 (Sire)
TheGeek - 722,418,335 (Geek)
N30 - 086,951,059 (Arcadia)
JSND Alter Dragon Boner - 283,900,798 (JSND)
Czarpy - 356,589,556 (Czarpy)
Jingle Jangle - 812,852,640 (Jingles)
Glaceon Mage -  171,099,109 (Glaceon Mage) Note: Please notify Glaceon Mage if adding as a friend in FGO.
Scoot -  999,540,146 (Nat)
Alexmender - 423,824,954 (Alexmender)

Friends List Capped
Zak Something - 883,068,826 (Zak)
QKumber - 314,369,629 (QK)
Emeraldfox - 674,653,620  (Emeraldfox)
Lord-Zero - 285,321,342 (Lord-Zero)
Polydeuces - 302,111,199 (Poly)
Sekki - 082,416,051 (Sekki)

Inactive Members
Phillius the Crestfallen - 961, 944, 081 (Time)

3 hours ago, The Priest said:

Good that were on the same page then, considering I only defend her position in Arts team. I'm not arguing against Waver being more versatile and therefore being better.

That feeling when you argue for a whole day just to realize you were basically in agreement to begin with, lul.

3 hours ago, The Priest said:

... you do realize that CD reduction also has the benefit to stack on top of these, right? Having 2 reductions in single turn is better than waiting out 2 turns since Stun and Charm don't stop your opponent from gaining NP ticks. Plus I mentioned multiple times that these are debuffs, therefore much more unreliable.

Don't certain debuffs skills auto-succeed? That is, I'm pretty sure some charms/stuns straight up ignore things like magic resistance once they're leveled enough. I could be remembering wrong, though.

Edit: I think Tamamo Lancer has one.

And regarding the NP tick thing, that's actually neither good nor bad---against Gil and the like you'd prefer to be able to control when he gains NP, rather than him getting to golden rule + treasury of babylon and exploding your team when he had 1 or 2 ticks left to gain. It's a lot safer to have him stunned up with 1 tick left so you can use your evade and invuls than play the 50/50 'is he going to charge np' game.

It helps that Scathach has a guaranteed stun on her NP, but she usually kills him in one shot anyway.

Edited by DehNutCase

Hey all, glad this is a thread!  B/c I couldn't find FGO forums anywhere and had a question as a complete newbie.  

How is the progression aspect of this and how does RNG affect it?  Afaik, you get Servants (randomly, sometimes not randomly) and do they just level up?  Do you need to improve them w/ equipment that is RNG based or anything like that?  What microtransactions are in place to improve your party/Servants?

Thanks!

40 minutes ago, Dr. Cheesesteak said:

Hey all, glad this is a thread!  B/c I couldn't find FGO forums anywhere and had a question as a complete newbie.  

How is the progression aspect of this and how does RNG affect it?  Afaik, you get Servants (randomly, sometimes not randomly) and do they just level up?  Do you need to improve them w/ equipment that is RNG based or anything like that?  What microtransactions are in place to improve your party/Servants?

Thanks!

Yo FGO is fun.

• The story chapters are locked behind each other. RNG isn't really a thing for the progression of the story tho.
  • Servants level up with the exp. cards, aka Embers. There's 7 kinds for the 7 main classes plus an "all" kind. The only difference is the exp embers give boosted amounts of exp. depending on their class. So rider exp tossed onto a rider servant gives about 20%. However, "all" exp embers give the same 20% boost to all classes, even extra classes like shielders and ruler. 
  • There's no equipment per se, but you upgrade them with ascension materials. Also the skills have their own ascensions as well. Plan out and prioritize your roster early on in your FGO playtime so you don't wind up fretting. There's a lot of guides on reddit, youtube, and even in this thread.
  • You can buy saint quartz. The gacha rates are shitty, as even a full ten roll of quartz only guarantees one 4* CE or higher rarity card. There are occassional guaranteed gachas for getting a random 5* servant, but you need to get paid quartz for those, not the free ones. 
  • You can literally get through this game without spending anything or relying on 4-5* servants from the gacha. @The Priest has a 1-2-3* servant tier list he updates every once in a while. Plus there was some input on the tutorial roll 4* servants in some recent posts. (The tutorial roll guarantees at least 1 4* servant from a small pool.)

Have fun and play with your favorites! Unless you're some kinda metawhore who talks about saving 4 Jalter/Waver/Tamamo/Merlin.

A big thank you to everyone who chimed in to give tips. I decided to not reroll and persevere with what I got. I was able to complete Orleans yesterday which allowed me to do a couple of pulls from the Friend banner as well as one more pull from the Camelot banner. 

Quick question regarding Craft Essence, I managed to snag 4 copies of Origin bullet and was wondering if I was better off merging them or keeping the various copies to spread it around.

From that, I was able to get a line-up that looks good enough :

- Saber : Ceasar. I actually just pulled him from a ticket so I haven't had the chance to test him out, but he's rated higher than Fergus on @The Priest tier list so I'll give him a try.

- Lancer : I managed to pull Cu Chulainn prototype so I'll try using him instead of Romulus for a while to see what works.

- Archer : David's worked very well in Orleans in conjunction with Nitocris and Jeanne thanks to all of them having a big focus on Arts cards. I'll probably swap him for Robin Hood to see how they compare.

- Rider : Ushiwakamaru is still the best rider I have at the moment, but I haven't used her all that much for now. 

- Caster : Nitocris was extremely helpful in Orleans thanks to her NP despite all the rider dragons. I managed to get a second copy of her on my second pull, which made her NP even more useful. I see that she'll probably fall behind at one point due to being more focused on farming and that all her upgrades mats are farmable way down the line in story mode. If she does, I'll probably try replacing her with Hans, whom I just got from the free friend summon of the day.

- Assassin : Carmilla's been pretty good, though a bit squishy during my times in Orleans.  I spent sometime farming the daily quests today however and managed to bring her up to level 27 which doubled her HP. Hopefully that

- Berserker : I managed to pull Lu Bu and his damage output has been insane. Probably couldn't have beaten the final boss of Orleans without him dealing tons of damage despite being low leveled at the time. 

10 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

A big thank you to everyone who chimed in to give tips. I decided to not reroll and persevere with what I got. I was able to complete Orleans yesterday which allowed me to do a couple of pulls from the Friend banner as well as one more pull from the Camelot banner. 

Quick question regarding Craft Essence, I managed to snag 4 copies of Origin bullet and was wondering if I was better off merging them or keeping the various copies to spread it around.

- Saber : Ceasar. I actually just pulled him from a ticket so I haven't had the chance to test him out, but he's rated higher than Fergus on @The Priest tier list so I'll give him a try.

- Lancer : I managed to pull Cu Chulainn prototype so I'll try using him instead of Romulus for a while to see what works.

- Archer : David's worked very well in Orleans in conjunction with Nitocris and Jeanne thanks to all of them having a big focus on Arts cards. I'll probably swap him for Robin Hood to see how they compare.

- Rider : Ushiwakamaru is still the best rider I have at the moment, but I haven't used her all that much for now. 

- Caster : Nitocris was extremely helpful in Orleans thanks to her NP despite all the rider dragons. I managed to get a second copy of her on my second pull, which made her NP even more useful. I see that she'll probably fall behind at one point due to being more focused on farming and that all her upgrades mats are farmable way down the line in story mode. If she does, I'll probably try replacing her with Hans, whom I just got from the free friend summon of the day.

- Assassin : Carmilla's been pretty good, though a bit squishy during my times in Orleans.  I spent sometime farming the daily quests today however and managed to bring her up to level 27 which doubled her HP. Hopefully that

- Berserker : I managed to pull Lu Bu and his damage output has been insane. Probably couldn't have beaten the final boss of Orleans without him dealing tons of damage despite being low leveled at the time. 

Wait until you get 5 copies of a CE to consider MLBing it.

• Caesar is great. He's an STNP saber so you're still gonna use fergus for farming lol.
  • Proto Cu is pretty good. He's basically a more offensive vanila Cu FSN. 
  • David's great for support, but you'll want n actual archer dps like Robin or Euryale. I'd recommend Robin since he's easier to get to FA. 
  • Ushi is good and is likely the only STNP rider you'll have unless you build up Georgios. (He's not dps, more of a tank tho.) , but Medusa/Alexander/Blackbeard are AoE spammers that you'll want sometime too.
  • Nito is fun. I'd recommend Hans and Medea for your next focuses due to utility.
  • Carmilla should do you well. 
  • Lu Bu is actually the best 3* berserker and has one of the highest NP damage numbers for berserkers in general, even in JP.

Oh Orleans. I remember all the fun trying to clear that with my low level d'Eon and Caster Liz. However, I learned of the wonders of picking a friend list Herc with bond CE and rampaging shit.

1 hour ago, LuxSpes said:

Oooh, congrats!

David's Harp of Healing (he gets this after his first ascension, if he doesn't start with it) will be a huge help for the second singularity.  There's no harm in running multiple servants of the same class.  For nodes with a single enemy type (like those Rider nodes in Orleans), running three teammates that counter it (in this case, Assassins) drastically cuts down the damage you take.

If you haven't already added some people on SF, please do so!  Our supports can carry you through the second singularity (and possibly the third and fourth).

Support carry is always a thing.  Supports can carry you basically all the way through all the singularities.

You can be fine with just supports pretty much all the way until

Spoiler

Epic of Remnant

13 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

Glad you are enjoying the game :D

About Craft Essences (CE for short) is: you don`t merge them until you have at least 5 (since the effects of them won`t change until the said CE is MAX limit broken). And even then, some CEs you still keep separated - a case by case. CEs like Kaleidoscope (+80% starting np) for exemple is a great option to have more then 1, and ppl tend to not merge them until they acquire 6 or 7

On the tier list thing, sure that is an okay direction to take but still, this is a PVE game and you can complete it perfectly fine just playing your favorites! Don`t be afraid to ignore top tier units on tierlists if you find them boring/ugly or whathever. Same the other way around, if you fancy a lowtier, nothing wrong with using and abusing it!

Support carry is a thing - you pick and uber high lvl support and let it smash everything for you. But I would advise against it honestly. Unless you need to rush the story fights, I say enjoy those because those are 1 time only - specially big bosses!

Let supports carry you on farming days - like hands and free quests. On story nodes, do your thing!

That is just how I roll. And congrats on Nitocris, she is a CUTE!

Soooooooo

Lostbelt 2, eh? It's about fucking time they got around to releasing it!

Spoiler

I think Lostbelt Archer (the one in the banner image) has 3 possible identities going for him:

• Napoleon Bonaparte (knee jerk reaction of most of us, but this is the guy we think of when we think of "artillery commanders")
  • Henry Shrapnel (Uniform fits the era he's from, also heavily associated with artillery as he is credited with creating the Shrapnel Shell)
  • Gustav II Adolf (This guy here has a lot going for him besides the location of LB2. (Sweden is in Scandinavia) He's called "The Father of Modern Warfare", and he too is noted for his usage of artillery and is often credited as the first "modern general.")

And we're finally getting some lore on the Wandering Sea. It's a rather hype time

20 minutes ago, N30 said:

Soooooooo

Lostbelt 2, eh? It's about fucking time they got around to releasing it!

Hide contents

I think Lostbelt Archer (the one in the banner image) has 3 possible identities going for him:

• Napoleon Bonaparte (knee jerk reaction of most of us, but this is the guy we think of when we think of "artillery commanders")
  • Henry Shrapnel (Uniform fits the era he's from, also heavily associated with artillery as he is credited with creating the Shrapnel Shell)
  • Gustav II Adolf (This guy here has a lot going for him besides the location of LB2. (Sweden is in Scandinavia) He's called "The Father of Modern Warfare", and he too is noted for his usage of artillery and is often credited as the first "modern general.")

And we're finally getting some lore on the Wandering Sea. It's a rather hype time

Spoiler

Wasn't there speculation on him being based on the guy who designed the Armstrong cannons too?

but yeah I'm honestly betting on him being Napoleon, although I'd rather see it be Gustav II.

I sent invites to a couple of people from SF. If I missed some people that wishes to add me, my FC is 292,726,441 and UN is Lux.

Also, I managed to scrounge up enough resources to do one last ticket pull from the Camelot banner and was rewarded with this :

Spoiler

LhZBEBGvC5MFPw7Tg_baKhKtJBfFwbiRKGV-PXh085YUgkzy4PpKW1XgR7J-L0gN5enk46isVunyVfPQVIlI82EPwlRypXZjuZFza_Q5wOYNNGssg8_mpDEFyfeZewhxOkERGU9W4OALX1afIwx4wjeKY8ip7U2JtE-mW5trAbEzBM0D2z3UOVBbox1vCa4UepzElfJXkp0rWzSOGSCvBF9IUo-huBIctZdxgpEruEF843xKXv-ssR7cq50DGZ5uPlNxIuXj-N5IDUV3dVxqSio5BiWdFDW0yDb2wnvabIPj_U0MWQJQ-vLjBPoezyyFFOwc0P0EBuaPglnvI7t2Kr_VScJoiqkg8NutyUZ6tHT8PU4V7VfCzykhX6QBLhTr6RRCOZCYxQlq1MXiRnE8JICMvg8F7919C-SCn0eNJHwqiGXZ9i1glOeHk8X4Vd8kt_LnH4ei3oMWC8CGI1qi36vXDcmIKFQckBz2sSsDAOLB4mu9VVoYgjMRYksmTBNWN81SY6i_zpGQYH6iV9u2Gmf74vypbQZfpCs3wec5wKISYvoGzndHMlcU79orxHoRvYOlOVdmTT0vpUbG3OK-80o0Tcwq5DuVY7Tl9Wg=w1628-h915-no

I'll consider this as a combination of beginners luck and a welcome present.

I also got Imaginary Around earlier, which I gathered is a good CE for Quick users, so I might try it on Carmilla. 

9 hours ago, QKumber said:

Glad you are enjoying the game :D

About Craft Essences (CE for short) is: you don`t merge them until you have at least 5 (since the effects of them won`t change until the said CE is MAX limit broken). And even then, some CEs you still keep separated - a case by case. CEs like Kaleidoscope (+80% starting np) for exemple is a great option to have more then 1, and ppl tend to not merge them until they acquire 6 or 7

On the tier list thing, sure that is an okay direction to take but still, this is a PVE game and you can complete it perfectly fine just playing your favorites! Don`t be afraid to ignore top tier units on tierlists if you find them boring/ugly or whathever. Same the other way around, if you fancy a lowtier, nothing wrong with using and abusing it!

Support carry is a thing - you pick and uber high lvl support and let it smash everything for you. But I would advise against it honestly. Unless you need to rush the story fights, I say enjoy those because those are 1 time only - specially big bosses!

Let supports carry you on farming days - like hands and free quests. On story nodes, do your thing!

That is just how I roll. And congrats on Nitocris, she is a CUTE!

Thanks for all the advice.

I only use OP supports when I'm doing the daily farm quests or when there's no story support available. I do think I'll remember the fight against Jeanne Alter more considering I struggled against her using story Jeanne instead of a level 90 Iskandar so I'll continue with that mentality going forward.

@Mister Rogers 

Spoiler

I mean if someone had to with artillery and was a dude, then people pinned that down to Lostbelt Archer. For me, it honestly depends if the dude is our ally or not.
If he is, then I can't see him being Napoleon due to the dude's potential attitude that would stir unnecessary shit up. I however, think we're fighting him so anything goes tbh.

Also, Ophelia summoned "the strongest knight" - which fits Sigurd's description rather aptly (one of his titles was "King of Noble Warriors" after all.) Think we'll be seeing him finally after 3 years of being in the fucking datamine. 

@LuxSpes Welcome to hell, enjoy your stay here comrade 
But yeah, anniversary is about to come by tomorrow for us NA folk (and JP got half AP dailies and super and great success rate up for exp on servants and CEs) so I'll say wait for that to drop, just in case.

1 hour ago, N30 said:

@Mister Rogers 

Hide contents

I mean if someone had to with artillery and was a dude, then people pinned that down to Lostbelt Archer. For me, it honestly depends if the dude is our ally or not.
If he is, then I can't see him being Napoleon due to the dude's potential attitude that would stir unnecessary shit up. I however, think we're fighting him so anything goes tbh.

Also, Ophelia summoned "the strongest knight" - which fits Sigurd's description rather aptly (one of his titles was "King of Noble Warriors" after all.) Think we'll be seeing him finally after 3 years of being in the fucking datamine. 

@LuxSpes Welcome to hell, enjoy your stay here comrade 
But yeah, anniversary is about to come by tomorrow for us NA folk (and JP got half AP dailies and super and great success rate up for exp on servants and CEs) so I'll say wait for that to drop, just in case.

Spoiler

I'd rather they not turn the cool Nii-san looking dude into budget Iskandar.

On 7/5/2018 at 9:00 PM, Mister Rogers said:

Yo FGO is fun.

• The story chapters are locked behind each other. RNG isn't really a thing for the progression of the story tho.
  • Servants level up with the exp. cards, aka Embers. There's 7 kinds for the 7 main classes plus an "all" kind. The only difference is the exp embers give boosted amounts of exp. depending on their class. So rider exp tossed onto a rider servant gives about 20%. However, "all" exp embers give the same 20% boost to all classes, even extra classes like shielders and ruler. 
  • There's no equipment per se, but you upgrade them with ascension materials. Also the skills have their own ascensions as well. Plan out and prioritize your roster early on in your FGO playtime so you don't wind up fretting. There's a lot of guides on reddit, youtube, and even in this thread.
  • You can buy saint quartz. The gacha rates are shitty, as even a full ten roll of quartz only guarantees one 4* CE or higher rarity card. There are occassional guaranteed gachas for getting a random 5* servant, but you need to get paid quartz for those, not the free ones. 
  • You can literally get through this game without spending anything or relying on 4-5* servants from the gacha. @The Priest has a 1-2-3* servant tier list he updates every once in a while. Plus there was some input on the tutorial roll 4* servants in some recent posts. (The tutorial roll guarantees at least 1 4* servant from a small pool.)

Have fun and play with your favorites! Unless you're some kinda metawhore who talks about saving 4 Jalter/Waver/Tamamo/Merlin.

Cool, thanks for the head's up.  

I think i'll probably be picking up this game.  FFRK has become too burdensome on my phone (load times are horrible, as are just changing screens sometimes) and FE:H takes up 1GB of space!  :o:

I kinda like to at least know/experience a little bit about a franchise before I delve into it, so I'm gonna try to binge Fate/stay night this weekend.  

Oh, and that brings up another question, is your account/save file server side or no?  I had played FGO just until I could access the menus.  I uninstalled and after re-installing earlier today, i had to start over.  Which I'm fine with, but just curious if my first draw was saved (I didn't get back to that part).  

45 minutes ago, Dr. Cheesesteak said:

Cool, thanks for the head's up.  

I think i'll probably be picking up this game.  FFRK has become too burdensome on my phone (load times are horrible, as are just changing screens sometimes) and FE:H takes up 1GB of space!  :o:

I kinda like to at least know/experience a little bit about a franchise before I delve into it, so I'm gonna try to binge Fate/stay night this weekend.  

Oh, and that brings up another question, is your account/save file server side or no?  I had played FGO just until I could access the menus.  I uninstalled and after re-installing earlier today, i had to start over.  Which I'm fine with, but just curious if my first draw was saved (I didn't get back to that part).  

yeah you need to manually get the transfer code every time.

It's a pain, but be sure to do it and save it in your google drive or something.

I don't know if the Studio Deen Fate series is the best in terms of quality. I'd personally recommend Unlimited Blade Works or Fate/Zero if you're looking for higher quality Fate Anime. The original Fate/Stay Night adaptation by studio deen is kind of there for lore nowadays since it has kinda aged badly.

so if you want to start off with the lore, I'd say Fate/ Stay Night by studio deen or Fate/Zero to get a kickoff into the fate lore

Fate/Unlimited Blade Works, Fate/Zero, or Carnival Phantasm for high quality. The Prisma Illya series also kind of falls into this category, but it's a little different from the standard Fate-verse so I'd recommend only picking it up if you like Fate or Mahou Shoujo Shows like the Madoka series. 

Fate/Apocrypha is a series of fights and bullshit storytelling. It's worth watching just for the goofy ass fights and shit, but the story's lackluster.  Oh yeah and the whole Mo-san and Kairi dynamic is cute. 

Fate/ Last Encore is still airing, but it's part of a whole different thing and doesn't really involve the magical Fate lore in as much as other shit. However, it's steeped heavily in Fate/Extra lore so I don't know if one should watch it right off the bat for an entry to the nasuverse.

It's not exactly related to Fate, but there's also the Kara no Kyoukai series which is also part of the Nasuverse. The UFOTABLE movies are really good in terms of quality and share some worldbuilding elements with Fate. Also, a Kara No Kyoukai event has occurred in FGO and might be up for reruns someday in NA.

The Shokugeki no Soma-esque "What's Cooking at the Emiya Household" should be watched immediately after your first viewing of Fate/Stay Night, Unlimited Blade Works, or Heaven's Feel depending on whichever one you chose to binge first. It'll be good for your soul.

Oh yeah speaking of Heaven's Feel, it's the film adaptation of the third Fate/Stay Night route. The Fate series all came from a visual novel and there were only 3 routes. 

Also

I totally wish this was an anime.

oh yeah, by the way Carnival Phantasm is kind of a gag show based on the nasuverse. It's really only intended for viewing if you've grown to love Fate/Kara No Kyoukai/etc. 

Prisma Illya is a long ass spin-off magical girl anime that began as a nice and fluffy show that turned incredibly dark, gritty, and had really high stakes plus a shitload of feels from the Oath under the Snow movie. I'd totally recommend it if you're ok with the magical girl aesthetic. 

10 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

yeah you need to manually get the transfer code every time.

It's a pain, but be sure to do it and save it in your google drive or something.

Roger, ty.  

And re: the anime, I'm watching Unlimited Blade Works, by Ufotable afaik.  Afaik, the only one on Crunchyroll (the only service I use if only to intentionally limit myself from going overboard trying to watch 30000000 anime.  It lacks some I really want to see, but oh well.  My que is already around 40.).  

Edit:
ugh, there's Fate/Zero and First Order too lol.  Oh well, more to watch!  ...also...Fate/kaleid liner.  Looks like it's not set in the typical Fate universe, but has Fate/ in the title, so...  But yeah, guess should watch Fate/Zero before UBW.  

Edit2:
just watched a couple "how to watch Fate series" videos lol.  Ok, I got a good idea now.  Zero > UBW > Fist Order.  ...or Zero > First Order as just a warmup to FGO (cuz those seem to have a stronger focus on characters in the FGO game?  Maybe?  I make that conclusion just based on thumbnails of each episode.  UBW shows high school kids, Zero shows warriors.) and watch UBW later.  And Prism Illya (which I see now is the kaleid liner series I mentioned) just whenever.  Again, I'm lucky I'm limited by Crunchyroll.  :D:

Edit3:
last one, I swear.  Ok, so it seems the Holy Grail War is timeless, so even the modern day high school setting can still have the ancient warriors/heroes summoned.  The same ones that are/could be in FGO.  So I shouldn't really presume it wouldn't help me get to know the Servants in FGO better, b/c it very well could!  

Edited by Dr. Cheesesteak

1 hour ago, Dr. Cheesesteak said:

Roger, ty.  

And re: the anime, I'm watching Unlimited Blade Works, by Ufotable afaik.  Afaik, the only one on Crunchyroll (the only service I use if only to intentionally limit myself from going overboard trying to watch 30000000 anime.  It lacks some I really want to see, but oh well.  My que is already around 40.).  

Edit:
ugh, there's Fate/Zero and First Order too lol.  Oh well, more to watch!  ...also...Fate/kaleid liner.  Looks like it's not set in the typical Fate universe, but has Fate/ in the title, so...  But yeah, guess should watch Fate/Zero before UBW.  

Edit2:
just watched a couple "how to watch Fate series" videos lol.  Ok, I got a good idea now.  Zero > UBW > Fist Order.  ...or Zero > First Order as just a warmup to FGO (cuz those seem to have a stronger focus on characters in the FGO game?  Maybe?  I make that conclusion just based on thumbnails of each episode.  UBW shows high school kids, Zero shows warriors.) and watch UBW later.  And Prism Illya (which I see now is the kaleid liner series I mentioned) just whenever.  Again, I'm lucky I'm limited by Crunchyroll.  :D:

Edit3:
last one, I swear.  Ok, so it seems the Holy Grail War is timeless, so even the modern day high school setting can still have the ancient warriors/heroes summoned.  The same ones that are/could be in FGO.  So I shouldn't really presume it wouldn't help me get to know the Servants in FGO better, b/c it very well could!  

if you ant to know more about fgo's story, then I'd recommend checking out the Kara no kyoukai event and the fate/zero accel order event's dialogue on youtube or something.

2 hours ago, Dr. Cheesesteak said:

Roger, ty.  

Honestly? Just wathc Unlimited blade works -> Zero. It works just fine as a starter point. Just don`t start with Prisma Ilya - that one is more of a gag/spin off show

About the chars, yeah Lengendary heroes are kinda of summonned to modern day and fight each other