Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I am mildly annoyed by the fact that all of the 40% bonus heroes are neither fast nor built for enemy-phase combat.

You could go with Renewal/Reciprocal Aid Alm. That's what I ended up doing with Lucina last season, and it worked decently well with my core A-team. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun to see the Echoes banner back up! 

Just pulled a -HP/+Def Faye. Not sure how I feel about her IVs, but I trained her up and gave her Darting Blow. 

I already have an Alm and Mae... would be cool to get Boey! (I’m probably done pulling from the Summer banner as I already got Tiki and Robin). 

I didn’t read through the thread, so do we know what type of unit Tobin will be? For some reason I feel Blue lance armor unit (but that might be just because I made him a Baron in my Echoes game...)

Edited by SaMaster14

4 minutes ago, thatsleepyguy said:

You could go with Renewal/Reciprocal Aid Alm. That's what I ended up doing with Lucina last season, and it worked decently well with my core A-team. 

The problem with Alm is he can't one-round kill Veronica like Lucina could, unless Veronica is slower than I remember.

8 minutes ago, SaMaster14 said:

I didn’t read through the thread, so do we know what type of unit Tobin will be? For some reason I feel Blue lance armor unit (but that might be just because I made him a Baron in my Echoes game...)

Tobin is a swordsman.

12 minutes ago, JSND said:

Veronica is 32 yeah

@Ice Dragon

+Spd Alm with fury and Speed +1 seal reaches 37 speed which is barely enough to double Veronica. Alternatively, Hone speed can make up for not having +Speed IVs

Edited by Korath88

8 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

+Spd Alm with fury and Speed +1 seal reaches 37 speed which is barely enough to double Veronica. Alternatively, Hone speed can make up for not having +Speed IVs

Yeah i was thinking along that line, but i don't think off SPD Seals since the comparison is Lucina who does reach beyond 37 naturally with skills,

16 minutes ago, JSND said:

Veronica is 32 yeah

Wow, I completely read that the wrong way

*AHEM*

Damn this looks like is going to really hard to get a good score this time around. I don't have any Echoes/Gaiden units.

While I'm happy that Tobin has been selected to be the free unit I would have much prefer him as an archer unit. I was hoping the Tempest Trial would keep a mask/incognito theme going on here.

13 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I have all of my money on Celica being the final boss.

It’s actually Kagero disguised as Celica. That’s how Sharena doesn’t need to hurt Celica!

YES TOBIN THE BEST BOY

i can't believe he is the unit you get but YESSSSS FKLJlkg i can't believe he's free and i don't have to pray to the RNG gods while bleeding orbs into the void!

not even slightly disappointed about him not being an archer since i made him a mage in my run now when do we get Kliff and Gray

on the other hand the only 1.4 bonus units i have are a -Spd Mae..and Faye..who is also just great for trying to speedrun, hhhh. and they didn't change the weight of speed and survival either, boo!

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

She did it so that her liege Celica wouldn't have to die... True love...

Kagero is a treacherous ninja. I would never trust her, just like @Arcanite is a treacherous mechanism that can’t be trusted.

Even if she fakes loyalty, she can’t fake love. Celica should feel abused. Poor girl.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Kagero is a treacherous ninja. I would never trust her, just like @Arcanite is a treacherous mechanism that can’t be trusted.

Even if she fakes loyalty, she can’t fake love. Celica should feel abused. Poor girl.

My +Spd Kagerou can't ORKO (and loses to) Ryoma because of loyalty. But she is obliged to Celica. No fakery here.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

My +Spd Kagerou can't ORKO (and loses to) Ryoma because of loyalty. But she is obliged to Celica. No fakery here.

You see it, she is only loyal to Ryoma. Treacherous jiggly physics ninja.

I hope it's not another repetitive grindfest.

Once you figured out how to complete the Lunatic 7 map reliably on the first one, it was simply a matter of repetition with minor variation due to enemy changes.

I have a 4* Mae, but I didn't bother levelling her since I have a 5* +Spd Linde.

I guess I'll do the strat of starting with a throwaway team of just a bonus unit, surrendering, then moving on to my real team.

Tobin's a nice surprise, but another sword user...?

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

She certainly fights like one, but she's different when she's with Celica...

You are already corrupted. You have no chance to survive make your time.

at least I already got a +Atk/-Spd Faye, I'm glad I kept her instead of giving her bow to Bride Cordelia.

and a chance to get another firesweep bow if I want to spend orbs before the CYL banner.

Well this is a surprise. One of the dataminers were hinting at another Awakening tempest trial. I mean I doubt it was possible but I also had a feeling that it was gonna happen.

But Tobin? Hell yeah! Although I was expecting him to be released alongside Gray.

Interesting. "Can't predict new TT unit patterns based on just one unit" turned out even more true than we thought. Unfortunate that he's another sword unit, though. I already have plenty of red 5*s; what I could really use right now is another blue one.

Grinding Hero Merit here will be odd. Boey is my only 1.4x bonus unit, and by now my only blue 5*s without capped HM are s!Lucina and Reinhardt. Reinhardt is almost capped anyway, so it'll be pretty much all s!Lucina I guess? I guess I could try using slightly color-imbalanced teams, especially since I have s!Gaius now. Also 4*s like Catria if I can pull it off.

Not sure how much I'll end up playing this. I got to 90k last time, but that was a bit much. I'll probably slow down a lot sooner after 50k this time around and see how it goes.