Elise Confirmed!

RotomGuy

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I was originally hoping that leo and takumi wouldn't be in so elise and sakura could wield their respective divine weapons. That being said, am I seeing things, or is there something wrong with elise's face in that thumbnail?

9 minutes ago, Namarid said:

Gameplay from the livestream Takumi's wind sword attack is at the end.

He uses his bow as a sword!! The Fuujin is multi-purpose, just one more way to show how broken it is haha. I hope this will help put the "Takumi gave up swordfighting" myth to rest. (Also hope Leon uses his sword too, so people are reminded that he is a Dark Knight, and not just another frail, little nerd archetype).

Actually, he's using his energy arrow as a sword. Fujin Yumi rests on his back while he swings the "sword" around. 

@Elise reveal: Okay...that means that Sakura is pretty much confirmed. M!Corrin would most likely end up like F!Robin and Azura will most likely be the final Fates character to be revealed that isn't a villain. 

4 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Actually, he's using his energy arrow as a sword. Fujin Yumi rests on his back while he swings the "sword" around.

Yeah, but the arrows are made from the Fuujin's magic, so technically he is using his bow as a sword. Totally not trying to cover for my bad eyesight

3 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah, if you notice in Elise's attack pattern, some of her moves resembles Robin's own. The orbs that spin around and scatter enemies that surround her. 

I've been thinking in terms of that road for a while, since the description for Leo on the English site stated he'd be specializing in lightning magic: Since Robin is the only mage revealed so far that actually specializes in thunder magic and was revealed to practically use any normal FE magic element, I think the notion of the magic user in Fire Emblem Warriors came about as they designed him and his moveset (use every main Fire Emblem element/various FE spells, probably uses lightning magic like the thunder spheres for their normal attacks, perhaps in order to reliably combo their targets and/or to have a close-range option).

Though I'm also thinking that way because Robin was designed with the intent that he would be the player's first experience with a moveset that doesn't give any inherent advantage or disadvantage over the weapon triangle and, by proxy, your first introduction to magic using movesets (and thus the Tome weapon type). Robin could well be the bridge between the probably easier to learn physical weapon movesets and the more long-range magic movesets, and I'm going to guess that aspects of Robin is going to be present in most (maybe all) magic users' movesets.

3 hours ago, Iridium said:

Maybe wires got crossed and they thought they were revealing Elice? Elise is truly my favorite Shadow Dragon character, anyhow.

Oh well, at least this probably means Sakura is in, and she's the only royal out of the entire goddamn set who I don't despise.

One of the few sister characters that came out of Japan that I actually like and aren't annoying ONII-CHAN cliches. Not saying Elise is 100% of the time, it's just that when she is (like in her random anime cutscene) I feel like killing myself from cringe.

The oddest thing about this trailer is that the surcoat on Elise's horse is blue with white/grey trim, rather than pink with white trim.

I don't think it's actually called a surcoat on horses, but I don't know what the proper term for it is.

3 hours ago, JDtheBA said:

You know, I was originally hoping that leo and takumi wouldn't be in so elise and sakura could wield their respective divine weapons. That being said, am I seeing things, or is there something wrong with elise's face in that thumbnail?

It's not just you.  Her face looks off to me too, but I can't quite place what the issue is.

1 minute ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

The oddest thing about this trailer is that the surcoat on Elise's horse is blue with white/grey trim, rather than pink with white trim.

I don't think it's actually called a surcoat on horses, but I don't know what the proper term for it is.

It's not just you.  Her face looks off to me too, but I can't quite place what the issue is.

First it was her 4 finger right hand, now it's a face. Guess they like to screw Elise up. I just realized that sounded sexual.

54 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Yeah, but the arrows are made from the Fuujin's magic, so technically he is using his bow as a sword. Totally not trying to cover for my bad eyesight

Then the proper wording would be: He's using an arrow made from Fujin Yumi's power as a sword; not swinging the bow itself. 

In a way, he's like a Quincy from Bleach.

@Elise: Her face looks a bit too long. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

I'm not surprised. They weren't just gonna leave Elise and Sakura out, and probably Azura as well. 

1 hour ago, Namarid said:

Gameplay from the livestream Takumi's wind sword attack is at the end.

Takumi uses Close Counter. We got this.

1 hour ago, Amanroth said:

I'm beginning to think a more appropriate title for this game would have been "Fire Emblem Fates Warriors with a touch of Awakening, featuring Marth!". :P:

The fight for the planet of the fate of the awakening of warriors ft. marth

10 hours ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Corrin could be the exception to the rule - while I'm personally a bit doubtful I'm not ruling it out entirely either.
I mean there's no spot for Darios either on that poster (Rowan and Lianna are too close) and he's...well we know he's in the game.

Unless the European image is different from the NA one, aside from logos on boxes, then Lianna isn't actually seen on the poster since that section, aside from Rowan, is hidden behind a case.

That said we don't actually know if Darios is playable yet. Remember that Cia, Volga, and Wizzro weren't initially playable and both Zant and Ghirahim almost weren't. However, even if he is, that poster image is still clearly not the final product.

4 hours ago, familyplayer said:

One of the few sister characters that came out of Japan that I actually like and aren't annoying ONII-CHAN cliches. Not saying Elise is 100% of the time, it's just that when she is (like in her random anime cutscene) I feel like killing myself from cringe.

If only because the English release drastically lowered her Moé traits..Hopefully that carries over to this localization.

Edited by Deva Ashera

1 hour ago, Deva Ashera said:

If only because the English release drastically lowered her Moé traits..Hopefully that carries over to this localization.

Honestly, that's what made me like Nowi so much.

1 hour ago, Deva Ashera said:

Unless the European image is different from the NA one, aside from logos on boxes, then Lianna isn't actually seen on the poster since that section, aside from Rowan, is hidden behind a case.

That said we don't actually know if Darios is playable yet. Remember that Cia, Volga, and Wizzro weren't initially playable and both Zant and Ghirahim almost weren't. However, even if he is, that poster image is still clearly not the final product.

I ought to have clarfied that Lianna can be seen on the preview for the US boxart:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/902285893427499009

Yes, that's pretty much my point - it isn't finished, but we could assume that Elise and Sakura could be on it based on there being a logical spot for them - as the preview currently looks, there's no obvious spot for Azura, but the spot for M!Corrin would make Corrin's portrait exactly like Robin's, aligned with their boxart. 
Which imo, just feels more likely than moving the portrait and boxart.

In the end that doesn't necessarily mean Azura won't be in - for all we know the reason she wouldn't be on the poster could be because her role in FEW is too much of a spoiler or something (which could be why Darios isn't there either). It's anyone's guess in the end.

And true re: Darios, we're in "As far as we know" territory when it comes to his role - playable, NPC...villain? Only time will tell his tale (and the final roster). 

15 hours ago, Pokechu said:

omg omg omg omg omg omg

this was EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED oh m y god

so many people were against these cutie pies

but I NEVER GAVE UP

my SWEET SWEET CINNAMON ROLLS ARE HOME

everyone was saying no they won't be in, no they'll have retainers in those spots, no they'll be npc's

BUT MY CINNAMON ROLLS ARE IN

i feel blessed I have been worried about these two for a long while now, now I'm preordering the special edition with NO hesitation

they just have to show Sakura to really get me to cry :'^)))))))) who else ready to have a team of Sakura, Elise, and Lissa? Such purity and innocence!!!!

now i feel SO vindicated

Seeing the trailer makes me want to post a certain wise man saying something... What was it now? Oh, I remember!

3 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

This will be the only time I will say that I prefer what Treehouse did in some aspect when it came to changing things in localization.