New characters leaked

Timeman

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

I doubt they would make the same mistake twice with leaking characters via sprites on a special edition box, awesome as it would be to have these characters. I wouldn't want them leaked anyway. I want to be surprised by official confirmations. I wish leakers would understand that.

That every single amiibo is compatible is no surprise at all. T'was the same case with Hyrule Warriors, giving materials and money while series-related give something more unique like weapons. If Fire Emblem amiibo unlock the respective characters, they should be unlockable alternatively in the game itself.

In Hyrule Warriors, Amiibo from a character in the game gave a lvl3 weapon drop, while random Amiibos, including Zelda related ones, just give a random prize, from weapons to materials to money. So, if every FE Amiibo has specific compatibility with this game, it likely won't be the same system used in HWs. Of course, that doesn't guarantee they'll all be playable either. Considering how this game has multiple weapon types, Amiibo might just give specific weapons related to the Amiibo, like Ike giving Ragnell replicas and such.

3 hours ago, KaSlider said:

Didn't they choose female Corrin to be the one featured in the story to increase the number of female characters? Maybe that was their reasoning with Celica, and they didn't want to or couldn't add Alm and Ike due to time constraints or there being enough sword users?

But the "Leaked" Box art has way more Females than male not to mention while Celica is probably going to use magic, the fact that they aren't even using her Princess sprite  and a modified Hero one (for some reason) leans me to believe she will use Sword as a main weapon. Not to mention that is 2 more sword users so there really isn't much of a reason to not use Ike and Alm over them. 

While I would completely discount this and call it fake, a lot of this just doesn't make sense. 

17 minutes ago, Fireball260 said:

But the "Leaked" Box art has way more Females than male not to mention while Celica is probably going to use magic, the fact that they aren't even using her Princess sprite  and a modified Hero one (for some reason) leans me to believe she will use Sword as a main weapon. Not to mention that is 2 more sword users so there really isn't much of a reason to not use Ike and Alm over them. 

While I would completely discount this and call it fake, a lot of this just doesn't make sense. 

The problem with the "leaked" box art is that male Corrin and female Robin were both confirmed to be alts, for one, which already makes its legitimacy questionable. Second, that Lyn sprite stands out like a sore thumb - like it obviously doesn't fit. And let's not forget that the base game is only going to be SD, Awakening, and Fates, which is the final nail in the coffin of this supposed leak.

5 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

The problem with the "leaked" box art is that male Corrin and female Robin were both confirmed to be alts, for one, which already makes its legitimacy questionable. Second, that Lyn sprite stands out like a sore thumb - like it obviously doesn't fit. And let's not forget that the base game is only going to be SD, Awakening, and Fates, which is the final nail in the coffin of this supposed leak.

While I doubt the legitimacy of the leak, to be fair, they didn't say "only" SD, Awakening, and Fates. Those are the games they're focusing on but I believe the term they used was "mostly", suggesting that one or two bonus characters isn't out of the question.

13 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

They weren't "Confirmed to be alts". They just said they don't count them as characters regarding the overall line up since they're the same as the gender variations. Everything so far, like magazine reveals and the official site, has listed them like actual characters though, so this just goes in line with that.

27 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

While I doubt the legitimacy of the leak, to be fair, they didn't say "only" SD, Awakening, and Fates. Those are the games they're focusing on but I believe the term they used was "mostly", suggesting that one or two bonus characters isn't out of the question.

Maybe, but then again, I don't remember them saying "mostly".

19 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

They weren't "Confirmed to be alts". They just said they don't count them as characters regarding the overall line up since they're the same as the gender variations. Everything so far, like magazine reveals and the official site, has listed them like actual characters though, so this just goes in line with that.

Oh. Well, either way, there's the fact that the Tiki sprite looks more like her adult sprite from Awakening, among other things.

32 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

That "mostly" probably referred to the OCs, not any characters outside of SD/Awakening/Fates. It could also refer to Anna, but she technically could count as a rep from any of those games.

I'm going to be skeptic and say this is probably fake. I would really enjoy having Celica and Lyn in the game (mostly because it opens the possibility to other FE7 or Echoes: SoV characters). But this does make Shadow Dragon highly out numbered. Fates already has 10 character slots (which is a bit much in my opinion).

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/30/fire-emblem-warriors-will-mostly-feature-heroes-shadow-dragon-awakening-fates/

The developers have said that FE: Warriors will "Mostly feature characters from SD, Awakening, and Fates", so that could mean one or two characters from other games will be added. The developers also said that it would be a get together of all the main characters in one game, partially because they don't want too many sword users. And with the "Leak" of Celica and Lyn, whom both wield swords, that goes against a lot that the developers have said. 

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

It was mentioned before, but if it's real, it could potentially cause more backlash than the game already has with it's horrendous PR.

What's exactly is bad about the PR? It just a bunch of people complaining for the sake of complaining at this point & I don't see how this make a worse at this point?

Anyways, if this is real then I'm bummed out that Azura didn't make the cut.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

What's exactly is bad about the PR? It just a bunch of people complaining for the sake of complaining at this point & I don't see how this make a worse at this point?

The PR and complaints are two different things. The PR is the marketing. Stuff like "we didn't include the Lords from the other games because there'd be too many sword characters" while making the OCs sword-users. Then there's the fact that character reveales and the E3 trailer barely showed any gamplay. Sure, gameplay was shown in demos but not everyone sees those. And when ever new characters get revealed, the trailer is usually Japan-only.  It's only just now that we're finally getting a clear understanding of how the game works.

It also doesn't help Warriors that it's releasing in NA/EU six days before Super Mario Odyssey.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

The PR and complaints are two different things. The PR is the marketing. Stuff like "we didn't include the Lords from the other games because there'd be too many sword characters" while making the OCs sword-users. Then there's the fact that character reveales and the E3 trailer barely showed any gamplay. Sure, gameplay was shown in demos but not everyone sees those. And when ever new characters get revealed, the trailer is usually Japan-only.  It's only just now that we're finally getting a clear understanding of how the game works.

It also doesn't help Warriors that it's releasing in NA/EU six days before Super Mario Odyssey.

Excuse me, I need to pound my head to the nearest wall........

Ok, now that I got that out of they way, I guess somebody didn't learn their lesson with Radiant Dawn & Mario Galaxy.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I guess somebody didn't learn their lesson with Radiant Dawn & Mario Galaxy.

To be fair, Radiant Dawn was unfortunate because it was released in a time where Nintendo barely cared about Fire Emblem. But now with FE Warriors, given that Nintendo considers the series to be one of it's A-Tier franchises, it's inexcusable how Nintendo is treating this game.

I honestly don't see FE Warriors selling that well outside of Japan. Because at least in Japan, the game comes out a month before Odyssey. Plenty of time between the releases.

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Oh. Well, either way, there's the fact that the Tiki sprite looks more like her adult sprite from Awakening, among other things.

I'd consider that a point against the leak since I--well, most of us-- feel her amiibo as her Young self from SD soft-confirms her as playable. Because why would they reveal her and Chrom's amiibo during the game's showcase during Treehouse at E3 if she wasn't gonna be playable? Chrom's clearly matches his Warriors-based-off-Awakening artwork whilst Tiki's is original with her SD artwork on the box itself. I'll show it again for you.

package.jpgIt's a tad surprising that neither amiibo are under a Fire Emblem Warriors sub-line. Actually I'm rather glad it's just one main Fire Emblem line.

It was probably obvious and a common thought for a long while that she's soft-confirmed, but I've been wanting to say it anyway.

Looking at EU's Special Edition Box again, I'm inclined to believe this leak is fake. Just adding sprites is simple enough, though I must admit I'm impressed how they managed to flip the the box horizontally while keeping everything facing the correct way instead of being mirrored. But honestly, I hate leaks, especially with the horrible PR this game has had. Why butt heads over this when we have a Nintendo Direct on Wednesday and TGS to look forward to? It won't be much longer. Keep it together, comrades!

But it's rather convenient timing, isn't it? The direct is tomorrow and TGS is a week on Thursday, prime time for leaks to stir up the fanbase.

By the way...upon a quick search, the UK Mario + Rabbids bundle that comes with an amiibo doesn't have the amiibo logo. If the FE SE box does, and this leaked one doesn't...hmm...

Either way, I'm calling fake. ...I kinda hope it is. I love Celica and Caeda but I'm indifferent to Lyn...and I really don't want SD to get THAT shafted...

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

To be fair, Radiant Dawn was unfortunate because it was released in a time where Nintendo barely cared about Fire Emblem. But now with FE Warriors, given that Nintendo considers the series to be one of it's A-Tier franchises, it's inexcusable how Nintendo is treating this game.

I honestly don't see FE Warriors selling that well outside of Japan. Because at least in Japan, the game comes out a month before Odyssey. Plenty of time between the releases.

We're getting off topic but yeah the marketing strategy here is God awful.

In other news, apparently someone on reddit confirm this is fake because of the lack of the amiibo logo? And something about how there's already box art for the limited edition.

It's just weird to me how there are so many girls. HW was almost a pretty even 50/50, but this is nowhere near that. Not saying they have to replicate HW in anyway or even do another 50/50 split, but 10 males to 15 females is a bit weird don't you think? Maybe some villains would make up for that though if Validar and others (when they are revealed) end up being playable.  Also the fact that we would literally only have 3 lances (and all Pegasus Knights at that), 3 axes, 3 bows, and 10+ swords is crazy. 

They may have included Celica and Lyn so they have an excuse to bring in more characters from their games as DLC without it being too weird, but it still is off. I'm leaning fake now. Though if it is real I hope it won't end up being the final roster.

I was skeptical initially, but after looking at it more, this is probably real.

One factor that makes me believe this leak is real is that unlike something like smash or pokemon, NO ONE is hyping this game up. Most fans really hate the game's roster and have been preaching how they aren't going to buy the game. Its gotten to the point where "3ds Fire Emblem Warriors with Marth shoehorned in" is becoming the top comment on nearly every video featuring Warriors.

With Smash, Pokemon, and Nintendo directs, there's a lot of fake leaks because the community is excited for these games / events, so people are more willing to be tricked by them. With this game, there is no hype from fans. Making a fake leak like this is like making a fake leak for games like Hey Pikmin or Metroid Prime federation Force. People ultimately aren't going to care that much.

Things like the Amiibo logo being featured and a sprite being ripped from devianart are just picking at straws I feel. The amiibo logo isn't featured on most switch games (that I've bought at least) and the devianart sprite theory has as much weight behind it as the "Shulk is a photoshopped little mac"  theory that was made a few years ago. Celica being a modified hero sprite doesn't seem as concrete evidence to me either, considering that she was intentionally made to be in the style of the Awakening and fates sprites to go along better with the box art, so some similarities would naturally exist..

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

In other news, apparently someone on reddit confirm this is fake because of the lack of the amiibo logo? And something about how there's already box art for the limited edition.

Yeah its fake, honestly the 4chan leak is looking more creditable than this one.