Kemono Friends Mafia - Game Over

Prims

For the newer players both me and Arc are probably not going to get scum killed at least not for the first few nights. Not necessarily because either of us are scum but because us being "safe" can make us look scummy and in Arc's case serve to discredit her role claim. Then again cause it's so early on they might just kill them off so they can't make any claims in the case they are sane.

I know saying this is a risk considering I am under scrutiny but I figured it needed to be said so the new players know.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Are people purposely doing this to screw with me?

Whoops I thought I made sure to not do that.

Sorry!

Also Beep you changed your profile picture back. I miss white girl Arden. :/

2 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

Also Beep you changed your profile picture back. I miss white girl Arden. :/

I was planning to keep Arden until the end of the Mafia game, but then the Counting thread brought to my attention the fact that it's Mole Day. I couldn't resist taking this opportunity. I'll probably change it back after today though.

5 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

I miss white girl Arden. :/

Wow

5 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

Whoops I thought I made sure to not do that.

Sorry!

no worries!

scum

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I was planning to keep Arden until the end of the Mafia game, but then the Counting thread brought to my attention the fact that it's Mole Day. I couldn't resist taking this opportunity. I'll probably change it back after today though.

I like this much better

26 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

For the newer players both me and Arc are probably not going to get scum killed at least not for the first few nights. Not necessarily because either of us are scum but because us being "safe" can make us look scummy and in Arc's case serve to discredit her role claim. Then again cause it's so early on they might just kill them off so they can't make any claims in the case they are sane.

I know saying this is a risk considering I am under scrutiny but I figured it needed to be said so the new players know.

I get your reasoning for scum not targeting you and likely not Arc for the next night, but what would Arc being sane matter? I'm pretty sure we won't learn whether they were sain if they die.

Honestly, if Arc is town, I'm pretty sure scum will target them with roleblocking on one of the first two days, or just try to kill them on D3. Probably the former. The interaction of power roles is going to be intresting if we keep Arc alive, though it could backfire if we end up using good actions on scum!Arcanite.

Day 1.7 - Votals
YV3ebOo.jpg

Arcanite (3) - Sunwoo, Rex Glacies, Bartozio
Bartozio (2) - SB., Greencapps
Greencapps (1) - DefaultBeep
Mackc2 (1) - Michelaar
Magnificence Incarnate (1) - Rapier
Michelaar (1) - Anime27arts
Rex Glacies (1) - Magnificence Incarnate
Sunwoo (1) - Shinori

Not Voting (2): Arcanite, Mackc2

You have 3 hours and 25 minutes left in the day. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to hammer. For Day 1 only, the player with the most votes will be lynched (no hammer required).

Arcanites role claim just sounds convenient, she it is showing that they are highly valuable because they are a cop, but they can't prove it because if their scumread flips town they can just claim "Well must be an insane cop then." and we wouldn't get anything of use until day 3 if we got anything of use and by then mislinching will be more dangerous. I am in half a mind to vote them ignoring their role claim because if they happen to be town then they will be rb'ed to hell if not outright killed for the next few nights.

I still think Michelaar is scummy because they responded to my post very quickly showing they are paying some attention to the thread but they aren't commenting unless they specifically are called out. Its not good play for the town.

I just woke up read through the last few pages and what is this shit

Arcanite is town insane cop, huh? On the one hand, cop claim. But on the other hand, "insane cop" is pretty much functionally vanilla. They scan someone's alignment, and their results could be either right or wrong. Godfathers and millers are one thing, but when the cop itself cannot be trusted wholly this role is pretty much worse than vanilla. Since it gives the illusion of being something useful.

That said, I don't think Arcanite would've pulled a role like insane cop out of thin air, which means they're either town or they were given the role as a scum claim. Ugh ... based on their actions I still want to lynch but based on the circumstances of how they came up with a weird role ... I'm a bit more reluctant.

Give me a bit to think about this.

Lynch priority:

Arcanite ≥ Glacies = Marth > Greencapps >>>> Mackc2 >>> Michelaar > other people

I don't quite feel comfortable with an Arc lynch, I feel like most of their play is just newbie town.  I feel that if they were scum, their buddies would have told them to avoid just vote-sitting on me.  I need to reread Bartozio's stuff, I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to that slot.

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

Arcanites role claim just sounds convenient, she it is showing that they are highly valuable because they are a cop, but they can't prove it because if their scumread flips town they can just claim "Well must be an insane cop then." and we wouldn't get anything of use until day 3 if we got anything of use and by then mislinching will be more dangerous. I am in half a mind to vote them ignoring their role claim because if they happen to be town then they will be rb'ed to hell if not outright killed for the next few nights.

I still think Michelaar is scummy because they responded to my post very quickly showing they are paying some attention to the thread but they aren't commenting unless they specifically are called out. Its not good play for the town.

If they are roll blocked, it would at least mean or other power roles aren't blocked though. Also, since they claimed right from the start he might be insane, it's not like we would believe someone is scum just because Arc got that out of their check.

Even if Arc is scum and claims to be roleblocked, it means scum can't roleblock or Arc's claim will conflict with someone else.

We will at least get something useful out of keeping Arc alive, but the question for is whether that's worth enough when I'm finding them acting really sus.

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

That said, I don't think Arcanite would've pulled a role like insane cop out of thin air, which means they're either town or they were given the role as a scum claim. Ugh ... based on their actions I still want to lynch but based on the circumstances of how they came up with a weird role ... I'm a bit more reluctant.

Couldn't someone else on the scumteam have also come up with it? The scum team is allowed to talk to one another right?

33 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I get your reasoning for scum not targeting you and likely not Arc for the next night, but what would Arc being sane matter? I'm pretty sure we won't learn whether they were sain if they die.

Honestly, if Arc is town, I'm pretty sure scum will target them with roleblocking on one of the first two days, or just try to kill them on D3. Probably the former. The interaction of power roles is going to be interesting if we keep Arc alive, though it could backfire if we end up using good actions on scum!Arcanite.

I am not sure if there are other people with a role similar to mine too, but at the very least, the scum will try to do something to me.

Perhaps we can use use this to our advantage.... hunt the scum while the scum tries to kill me/block me/stay on me like white on rice or whatever?

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I just woke up read through the last few pages and what is this shit

Arcanite is town insane cop, huh? On the one hand, cop claim. But on the other hand, "insane cop" is pretty much functionally vanilla. They scan someone's alignment, and their results could be either right or wrong. Godfathers and millers are one thing, but when the cop itself cannot be trusted wholly this role is pretty much worse than vanilla. Since it gives the illusion of being something useful.

Give me a bit to think about this.

Lynch priority:

Arcanite ≥ Glacies = Marth > Greencapps >>>> Mackc2 >>> Michelaar > other people

I had a feeling you'd be skeptical

Now the attention is on me, I am not sure what the mafia will do, but they will do something. Keeping me alive turns this into of who does what with their roles, killing me turns this into "Well we just killed a town for no reason, now what"

I find it funny that Shinori still has their vote on you for this long and you... don't really seem to care. He also falls into the group of "other people" so he isn't a priority for you either
And he's the only person who has you voted lol
Are you.... not suspicious? Or do you also think he is scum, and you too are scum yourself so you're choosing not to acknowledge it? 

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

The scum team is allowed to talk to one another right?

Is this true?

I had no idea

The only other person who I think would come up with a claim like that (aside from Prims or me I guess) would be Marth. I think it's worth keeping alive to sponge roleblocks/a nightkill if nothing else and I don't think Arcanite's late phase play has come from scum anyway?

Can someone summarise the Rex case for me because I'm reading him and I'm not really seeing it yet beyond early lack of contributions.

5 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Couldn't someone else on the scumteam have also come up with it? The scum team is allowed to talk to one another right?

Yes, but town insane cop is really ... well, I feel it's pretty out of bounds even for veteran players to come up with. That said, if it was given to him as a fake claim that's something else entirely.

So, my bedroom is under reform and I don't have access to my computer until Wednesday. I hope Rex Glacies lets me sit in the unexistance-until-wednesday wagon until then.

Jokes aside (which means, no, I won't disappear, but really, my access will be less frequent until the reforms are finished):

On 22/10/2017 at 4:34 AM, Michelaar said:

Just woke up, let's explain.

@Bartozio, Greencapps I feel, has an untownly reaction to rapier's vote, but it's nothing too bad, I don't think he's that suspicious. Him taking the opening votes seriously is strange, but that is not enough to make me think he is scum. Mack2 I do find a bit more suspicious because he was taking things very serious when things are clearly supposed to be a joke. He's also throwing out a lotta votes, which is not to my liking. It makes him less believable in my book.

## Unvote

## Vote: Mack2

What makes Mack2's votes bad? You're saying it is bad to be trigger happy with votes, which I can understand, but you didn't address the reasons he was voting and why they're scummy on intent, which makes your vote empty.

Also, other players have switched votes as much as Mack (who switched like, 2 or 3 times?). Can you explain why Mack was more noticeable than others to your eyes?

On 22/10/2017 at 5:19 PM, SB. said:

Bartozio's side though actually makes me like him even less though. He kind of admits that his vote doesn't have much ground to stand on after one of Capps' points, but I feel like a total shift in cases on the same player in such a short period of time is kind of weird. It feels like he keeps trying too hard to hold his vote down, especially in the last line of this post. "This could be a playstyle thing, but you COULD also be mafia anyway" is what this reads like to me and it doesn't look like real scumhunting. He has since unvoted Capps for Arcanite with a similar style of reason for unvoting which is wack.

I think I'm being stupid, but...

I don't understand the bolded part. If he does total shifts in cases on the same player, how is he trying too hard to hold his vote down? Wouldn't that be accomplished by not doing total shifts and insisting in a case?

I agree with the discontentment about his "playing on both sides" however, because it is very convenient to shift your position from "he's town for X" then "well he's actually Mafia for X 'cause it can be interpreted that way!". It is not productive for scumhunting and does provide an excuse for scum to shift according to the wind's favor. It's also a way for faking effort because those actions accomplish nothing but make it seem like the player is doing something.

On 22/10/2017 at 7:13 PM, Shinori said:

[Sunwoo's] vote [on Arcanite] is weak in my opinion and there is no other substance in this post that says anything.  I mean, yes, Arc's vote isn't that good, but do you truly find him scummy over his vote on rapier? Why isn't there any other scumhunting coming from you around this time, most of your other posts don't contain much either.  I just don't feel like this vote is pressuring all that much and I would like to see more actual scumhunting instead of complacently sitting a vote one person for iffy reasons then no real other pressing on to other players.

On one hand, I don't have a problem with Rex glacies vote on Arc because I feel like Arc's vote is weak, but I also feel that it's an easy vote, and there is little else in his post regarding ANYTHING.  Rex what are your opinions on Greencapps? What about your opinions on Sunwoo?  As well as what are your thoughts on Rapier? If you feel Arc is scum because of his poor rapier vote then does that mean you think Rapier is town?

I don't understand how Sunwoo's vote on Arcanite is bad, but Rex's vote on Arcanite, which used similar reasons, is ok in your radar. You also said Sunwoo hasn't been contributing at all, but s/he made points about Mack, Green, pressed Michelaar on the start of the game and contributed with scumhunting for the later part of D1, therefore it's not true. I don't think I like this because it feels like you're intentionally trying to implicate Sunwoo through cherrypicking.

--

I'm not liking Michelaar's play much. On the entirety of D1 he's been very passive - Sunwoo had to press him to get things done a couple of times, and his votes have been superficial and easy. Scum like to stay out of the limelight and find easy scapegoats for lynching. Conveniently, he repeats what other people have said about players who were controversial at the time without adding anything new to the discussion and uses them as easy justifications for voting.

I'm also seeing Arcanite in a different light now, simply because their actions don't make sense as scum. They seem very confused about what is going on, which is a null tell, but what would scum accomplish by voting Shinori, a player who is very unlikely to get lynched right now? I'm betting at least someone in the scum cave of villainy would tell them what to do instead of letting a fellow scum partner be confused for the whole game and contribute nothing to the scumteam (and also get the limelights and lynched on D1). I'm leaning more toward a confused town player right now, although I still think their actions in the game were bad.

PS: Oh well. 2 hours left. Ok, I'll skim through the thread fast and conclude my play for the Phase when I am done. No time to waste with posts like this one, questioning other people and all that.

Prims has literally used Insane Cop in a setup before iirc.

And after finishing reading Rex I thought he had more meat to his posts than that. I don't think they've been actively bad but they do feel very safe. 

Cut by Rapier. What I mean isn't that he's changed his read, but moreso he's come back with a completely different reason to keep his vote down after the first was disregarded. I guess it could just be him reevaluating the read after though, now that I think about it.

Ughhhhh

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I find it funny that Shinori still has their vote on you for this long and you... don't really seem to care. He also falls into the group of "other people" so he isn't a priority for you either
And he's the only person who has you voted lol
Are you.... not suspicious? Or do you also think he is scum, and you too are scum yourself so you're choosing not to acknowledge it? 

I just wanna point out I have posted reasoning for why my vote is on Sunwoo that isn't just "You didn't post early on."  You are really tunneled on me though huh. Jeez.