October 30 - Halloween Banner

Coolmanio

14 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Well I will be trying for Henry and Jakob, I am just happy I can pull for a Henry that does not hit like a wet paper towel now.  I like Nowi's design but I have NS! Corrin so I will only pull for making a good armor team.  I guess I am one of the few people who want Jakob, my love of Black Butler is showing.

Jakob is my main want :D I adore the guy - both in normal butler form and in Halloween form :D

Sad he's an armour, since I don't use them much, but I'll find a way to use him. Somehow xD

I'll also be trying for Henry, so we're in the same boat :)

Edited by Cute Chao

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one I entirely don’t care about is Jakob. Never really liked him that much as a character, and I don’t think he brings much to the table compared to the other three. I’m sure if a Maria or Lachesis doesn’t break my pity rate, he will, so that makes me all the less excited about him.

Sakura has a lot going for her. First off, adorable art. Second, I like how her weapon can destroy all mages including the pesky horses. Since it’s inheritable, I think Kagero, Felicia, and P!Olivia make the best potential users for it. The rest have pretty poor resistance from what I recall.

Henry is alright. Not really into armored units not named Hector since they’re such a hassle dragging around. But I’m curious to see his stats. My Amelia has a crippling bane in speed so maybe he could replace her in my emblem team.

I’m excited for Nowi. Guess I’m in the minority that adores her art. Making her a witch was a odd choice, but design wise it works for her imo. She’s not going to replace my Caeda (yes, Caeda is a main on my flier team), but I love having more flying mages, especially after missing out on Camilla months ago. Interesting to see whether Raurblade will be recommended or if she’s better off with her signature tome.

Also calm down people. The units with three skills have nothing really op on them and I doubt it’s an indication of inflated stats. In fact, Live for Bounty is considered useless.

My thoughts:

Sakura-Furry bait

Jakob-Who the hell likes Jakob

Henry-Only edgy cucks like Henry

Nowi-Hello police? But really, her top is WAY too short and flimsy.

Henry and Joker being ranged armors looks so appealing.

Especially since Henry has Armor March.

H!Henry being "Halloween Henry"?

Nonononono

More like HEAVY HENRY NYAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by shadowofchaos

I’m definitely rolling for Sakura. I’ll probably give her Cancel Affinity. Armored Jakob is also welcome. 

If I can get those 2 first, I’ll try for the other 2. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Definitely pulling for Sakura. Having a full skill set makes me think she's also getting the +10 growth rates that the CYL winners got, which might actually make her a usable dagger unit, unlike everyone not named Kagero.

She shares her color with Jakob, which I'm actually rather happy about. I'm a fan of armors, and he's a bow armor. Having never played Fates, I don't really care for him as a character, but I'm looking forward to trying him out if he has at least decent stats.

Henry is okay. I really don't care for him as a character, but he's a green tome armor, so I'll at least give him the benefit of the doubt for now. The problem is he probably won't be better than Sheena or Amelia.

I want to +10 a Nowi. But that's a lot of money, and I'm actually pretty strapped for money right now.

The main problem with the armors is that there's a zero chance I'll be able to use them in my Arena Assault team because their stat total will be too low. Jakob is welcome for sure because I can finally do the colorless and bow missions without needing to switch out of my armor team, but it feels so disappointing to have a unit that's not +10 on that team (Zephiel is already disappointing enough with his limited merges).

I really hope next year's event banners have the old limited characters added as 4-star units or something like that. I wouldn't mind having to spend that many feathers if I could just +10 all of the limited characters without destroying my finances.

I'm surprised I actually don't care about the flying tome user for the third time. Nowi is fine as a character but I'm not a fan of her art. I do like Sakura's art and am happy about our new Hoshido seasonal. I also want Jakob. Mainly because that bow looks cool, plus ranged armor! I like Henry too, both as a character and a unit. 

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Jakob is my main want :D I adore the guy - both in normal butler form and in Halloween form :D

Sad he's an armour, since I don't use them much, but I'll find a way to use him. Somehow xD

I'll also be trying for Henry, so we're in the same boat :)

I am happy to see someone else wants Jakob, I am sad to see so many people disliking him in this thread.

1 hour ago, Gebby said:

My thoughts:

Sakura-Furry bait

Jakob-Who the hell likes Jakob

Henry-Only edgy cucks like Henry

Nowi-Hello police? But really, her top is WAY too short and flimsy.

Chill out, just because your favorites are not on the banner does not mean you should hate on the units that are in it.  I personally did not like the spring banner but I did not hate on it or the characters I just did not pull from it.  Look at it this way you will get free orbs because of the banner that you can save for units you do want.

Edited by EricaofRenais

The skills are interesting... Excep that shard grinding skill, I don't care about that lol, everything else... Well, I just say: I hope to sumon someone, anyone, I'm good with anyone!

Hmm... There are no must-haves for me on this banner, so that is a good thing. I'll probably just do my "free full pull" and stock up on orbs.

I like Sakura, but besides the interesting mechanics, I am mostly indifferent to the banner. I would like to have a permanent Mage Flier (Aversa comes to mind, or maybe a Dark Flier Sumia) and would also like some Ranged Armor (although outside of Arvis, I don't know if there are any Armors that fit into the category).

I am a bit wary though. H!Sakura and H!Nowi have some extra skills, and if they continue the trend of raising stats like with Ayra and Sigurd, then Heroes is going in a direction I disagree with...

2 minutes ago, Sire said:

Hmm... There are no must-haves for me on this banner, so that is a good thing. I'll probably just do my "free full pull" and stock up on orbs.

I like Sakura, but besides the interesting mechanics, I am mostly indifferent to the banner. I would like to have a permanent Mage Flier (Aversa comes to mind, or maybe a Dark Flier Sumia) and would also like some Ranged Armor (although outside of Arvis, I don't know if there are any Armors that fit into the category).

I am a bit wary though. H!Sakura and H!Nowi have some extra skills, and if they continue the trend of raising stats like with Ayra and Sigurd, then Heroes is going in a direction I disagree with...

If you're not attached to any of the characters, I'd say just go for Henry.

I'm certain there will be another red mage flier at some point, whether it's Aversa or someone else.

There are also plenty of generals in the series who can wield bows, so any one of them could replace Jakob.

But other than Alvis, there are NO armored mages in the entire series, so they'll only ever be seasonal, if there even are any more

Alright, I didn't think I'd like the banner. Dangit.

Nowi is reliant on her stat spread, but if she's anything like Summer Corrin I'll likely try to get her because those skills are either neat or Grimoire (AKA FF+ 2). Henry seems like a fun option for armours and has Armour March, so I'll likely try for him (I mean, AoE Panic and Live for Bounty's nice as well). Jakob mainly has standing out by being a bow armour who's able to tank going for him. Sakura is mainly relevant because she just Fucks. Mages. Up. She's essentially Felicia+ on the skill end, we'll see if the stats match (Also, missed opportunity for Warding Breath).

So, who's going to guess what the next bond skill is?

2 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I’m excited for Nowi. Guess I’m in the minority that adores her art. Making her a witch was a odd choice, but design wise it works for her imo. She’s not going to replace my Caeda (yes, Caeda is a main on my flier team), but I love having more flying mages, especially after missing out on Camilla months ago. Interesting to see whether Raurblade will be recommended or if she’s better off with her signature tome.

Welcome to the minority, we have pumpkin-shaped cookies and wine glasses shaped like upside-down witches hats!

I actually once had a dream or something where a Halloween banner was mostly Ylissian focused, and Nowi was in it and also a witch. She wasn't a mage or flying unit, nor did she get a personal weapon that now that I think about it is actually pretty neat, but she was most certainly a witch. She had more clothes than she does now though...

Anyways, not only is my only (good) red flier Elincia (which isn't a bad thing, but it'd be nice to have more), but I still only have a few Red Magic units to begin with (well 4 or 5, but only two 5* ones), besides if I care about a unit, by god I'll find a way to use them.

I'm screwed huh? I don't really care about the characters themselves (although Sakura is friggen cute with those cat ears...) but I have no choice but to pull on this banner because Armor mage, Armor archer, Mage killing dagger and Red flying mage.

I think Nowi is going to get the BST bonus because normal Nowi has it too although many will use that as an excuse, this is powercreep ok. DON'T TRY TO DENY IT!, although I'd be fine if Sakura has a bonus too (please IS, she's too cute to stay on the bench!). 

48 minutes ago, Sire said:

and would also like some Ranged Armor (although outside of Arvis, I don't know if there are any Armors that fit into the category).

It's a stretch but in the games, The Archanean and Jugdrali generals can use bows, I suppose.

So maybe one of the old dudes like Lorenz, Hannibal or Xavier who all have a decent starting rank level for bows. These are not exactly amongst the most known and popular units, however.

Sadly, if 2nd gen Arvis doesn't ever come along, there are no other mage armor units other than secondary important characters like Bloom and Reptor (although they both would pack the legendary Mjolnir, which is cool). 

Edited by Vince777

56 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

It's a stretch but in the games, The Archanean and Jugdrali generals can use bows, I suppose.

So maybe one of the old dudes like Lorenz, Hannibal or Xavier who all have a decent starting rank level for bows. These are not exactly amongst the most known and popular units, however.

Sadly, if 2nd gen Arvis doesn't ever come along, there are no other mage armor units other than secondary important characters like Bloom and Reptor (although they both would pack the legendary Mjolnir, which is cool). 

In fact, Xavier don't just can use Bow... it's one of his signature features (he arrives with a complete rank like in Axes, making him able to use the Brave Bow and the Master Bow)

I want all of them, specially the girls, Nowi and Henry look so interesting gameplay-wise; and I like a lot Sakura <3

1 hour ago, dragonlordsd said:

I'm certain there will be another red mage flier at some point, whether it's Aversa or someone else.

There are also plenty of generals in the series who can wield bows, so any one of them could replace Jakob.

But other than Alvis, there are NO armored mages in the entire series, so they'll only ever be seasonal, if there even are any more

Funny how you mention the only canon flying mage in the series that isn't already in the game for red mage flier as a likely lock but ignore Reptor and Bloom for mage armors, the former of which would come with the legendary Thorhammer (though Ishtar is more likely to get it first).

Also, as much as armors are capable of using bows in Judgral and the Akaneia remakes, armors are not typically associated with bows, which makes their inclusion less likely. Heck, as far as weapon association goes, every dragon knight that has so far been included in this game has had an axe as their weapon even if they couldn't use one originally.

Ah, Henry... He, Hawkeye, and Sophia are the units who I think would be great as knights considering their high bulk because they dumped their speed into defense, HP, and resistance. As a ranged knight, Henry would probably have 157-ish BST. So, with 45 HP, 23 Atk, 22 Spd, 32 Def, and 25 Res (147 BST), he's off by 10 stat points. Dividing it up and slapping 5 into his attack and resistance would give him 45 HP, 28 Atk, 22 Res, 32 Def, and 30 Res which would kind of make him like a ranged Sheena; same health, 2 less attack and speed, and 4 less defense and 3 less resistance. 28 attack is average in my book, but he's targeting resistance, the weaker of he defensive stats, so it even out a bit. Regardless, whatever they do that doesn't involve completely changing his stat spread, Henry's probably going to be bulky and he's going to have access to Wary Fighter and Ward Armor for even more bulk. I doubt they'll leave his attack at 23 which would suck for a knight, but at worse, it could end up as average which isn't a bad thing since knights can use their high defensive stats and defensive buffs to unleash strong specials.

Jakob's in a weird spot since he's average with 39 HP, 29 Atk, 31 Spd, 25 Def, and 24 Res (148 BST). He's kind of like a ranged Palla. The easy solution is dump 5 points into defense and resistance, but you'd end up with low HP on a knight; the lowest is Sheena's 45 HP. It wouldn't be impossible, but it might be weird since 39/30/29 bulk for a knight isn't that great even with Wary Fighter or that fact Jakob would be the third-fastest knight under Draug (32) and Amelia and the Black Knight (34). Going off of his art where he's wearing heavy shackles on his arms and legs and having his left leg shackled to a ball and chain, his speed being lower than his regular self would make sense. There's also the deal with him having Ignis where in the trailer, he was able to get 24 additional damage from it meaning that he had 30 defense when attacking; he either has 28 defense or 26 depending on whether or not he had Bracing Blow 1 or 2. Assuming he's not at level 40, then Jakob would probably have more defense and attack since 44 damage on a flier would mean he has 29 total attack if I did the math correctly, so his base would be 17. Anyway, I'm just going to dump Jakob's speed to 19 giving him ~12 stat points to play around with; speed doesn't matter when you're a knight with (default) access to Wary Fighter. Dividing it evenly into his attack, defense, and HP, Jakob could have 43 HP, 33 Atk, 19 Spd, 34 Def, and 29 Res. If you're optimistic and think Jakob's defensive stats leans more to defense than resistance, then let's say it's 25-26 and he has whatever more points into attack, defense, or HP.

Man, I really want Henry and Jakob... Sakura would be cool too and so would Nowi except for the whole, how do you explain Nowi if someone catches her artwork on the screen.

Okay, I'm glad I don't care much for these characters, so I can wait so gather orbs before pulling. Currently I'm still pulling for Deirdre, but I have very few chances left before the FE4 banner goes away.

The only one I care for in the banner is Ojamajo Nowi, who thankfully is the only red in the banner which will make sniping easy. I just hope I can get her early without needing to whale.

Gronnowl Henry with Close Counter in an Armor Emblem could be my worst nightmare, judging how well  my Boye does with Spur Def/Res and 3 Allys near him >.<. +18 DEF and RES and +6 SPD is nothign to scoff off. It all depends on his stat spread tough. Of course you could go with a Gronnblade+ but considering the amount of Panic ploy units meh

Nowi missed a perfectly good opportunity to wear proper clothing.  The slutty witch looks does not go well with a character that looks and acts like a 10 year old.  Why did they have to make her a unique unit type?