Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Why would the writer actually have written her that way? Like seriously. It's like, they took all of the bad attributes of Camilla and Tharja, and removes literally everything that made them a good character. 

Probably the writer was a sadist. Maybe there were plans of having Alm be able to marry her at some point kinda like how Eliwood and Hector could have a choice of different women as possible wives but the plan was dropped so the game would remain as close to Gaiden as it could. Faye, as well as the rest of the SoV crew needed more support conversations to better lay out their personalities. Genny in particular is screwed in that department if you choose a certain character. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, voting her is dumb. All she has is boobs. She has less going for her than Camilla or Tharja ever did.

I dunno.  I actually quite liked Loki before her character art was revealed.  I thought she was mischievous and interesting.  Her art actually made me dislike her but I thought she was a good character before they released her art.  So I wouldn't say she's "all boobs" although that's why people are voting for her.

We see this all the time.  Tharja, for example.  IS's provocative art always ends up on random characters.  I guess with Loki it isn't that strange, but I think they went too far and made Loki significantly less interesting because instead of being an interesting character she's just that character IS throws in every game for boobs.

Edited by Lushen

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Probably the writer was a sadist. Maybe there were plans of having Alm be able to marry her at some point kinda like how Eliwood and Hector could have a choice of different women as possible wives but the plan was dropped so the game would remain as close to Gaiden as it could. Faye, as well as the rest of the SoV crew needed more support conversations to better lay out their personalities. Genny in particular is screwed in that department if you choose a certain character. 

But did they have to make her into such an unlikable irredeemable character? Honestly, I doubt that it was the case that you could choose Faye as a pairing, since Gaiden is a remake of intended pairings. Whatever pairing was made, it happens. They wouldn't change Shadow Dragon's things where Marth gets with Catria or Palla with Abel. 

So I still don't see how Faye's existence works given that she was a unit exclusive to Echoes.

Day 1: Ninian
Day 2: Dheginhansea
Day 3: Ninian
Day 4: Dheginhansea
Day 5: Ninian
Day 6: Dheginhansea
Day 7: Ninian

Almost there.

2 hours ago, DarkLordIvy said:

All it sometimes takes is one missing nail to bring down half a building I suppose.

Or one missing load-bearing wall, more likely.

2 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Honestly I think Jaafers is a troll since this is the first time I have seen them post.

Never attribute to malice what could be adequately explained by incompetence.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Lachesis, Naesala and Canas, repeated once, Lachesis gets the leftover vote for three. Canas and Naesala are personal favorites who I hope can squeeze in soon.

Lachesis is also a personal favorite who I think was butchered the first time around. Lets get a horse, a real weapon, and an artist who won't moe her too much. 

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

But did they have to make her into such an unlikable irredeemable character? Honestly, I doubt that it was the case that you could choose Faye as a pairing, since Gaiden is a remake of intended pairings. Whatever pairing was made, it happens. They wouldn't change Shadow Dragon's things where Marth gets with Catria or Palla with Abel. 

So I still don't see how Faye's existence works given that she was a unit exclusive to Echoes.

They probably saw people like those traits on Tharja and Camilla and attempted to do it again with Faye. This time, just leaving those traits alone. As I said, being able to have Faye as a wife option was probably planned early but dropped later in development. Ideas get proposed, planned and dropped a lot during game development after all. Being able to marry Catria instead of Caeda would be neat, though. I’d be all for it. 

As for how her existence “works”; she’s the only recruitable female villager so there’s that. They probably wanted to add more units to the roster. 

4 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

They probably saw people like those traits on Tharja and Camilla and attempted to do it again with Faye. This time, just leaving those traits alone. As I said, being able to have Faye as a wife option was probably planned early but dropped later in development. Ideas get proposed, planned and dropped a lot during game development after all. Being able to marry Catria instead of Caeda would be neat, though. I’d be all for it. 

As for how her existence “works”; she’s the only recruitable female villager so there’s that. They probably wanted to add more units to the roster. 

I personally won't believe the theory that she was intended as a pairing. It just doesn't work for me. I'd believe these things more on games that did allow for options in pairings, which an Echoes of Binding Blade would work on.

Maybe they were trying to go for the cute yandere look here, instead of the sexy yandere. Actually no. Even with the yandere personality, both Tharja and Camilla had reasons for it or moments of redemption. And they do get over the source of their yandere. 

Well, Gaiden did actually have THE smallest roster in the series.

30 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I personally won't believe the theory that she was intended as a pairing. It just doesn't work for me. I'd believe these things more on games that did allow for options in pairings, which an Echoes of Binding Blade would work on.

Maybe they were trying to go for the cute yandere look here, instead of the sexy yandere. Actually no. Even with the yandere personality, both Tharja and Camilla had reasons for it or moments of redemption. And they do get over the source of their yandere. 

Well, Gaiden did actually have THE smallest roster in the series.

Well, as I said, ideas get put on the table and dropped all the time during game development. Look at character concept art for example, it’s very, very rare to get it right with the first design. Ah, Binding Blade, the game where only Roy could marry and poor Gonzales was left unmarried to Lilina as well as many others. SoV tried a bit too hard to stick to the original Gaiden that it also ended up getting some of its worst parts like the map design. 

Faye wasn’t given a moment of “redemption” due to how SoV’s story was limited by the original Gaiden as well as bad writing from IS. Faye’s love for Alm started ever since he saved her a long time ago. Her FEH LV40 confession has her finally getting over Alm so there’s that since she was no longer restrained to her rather restrictive source material. She’s a flawed character that deserved better treatment from IS. 

In a way, she reminds me of FGO’s Kiyohime. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

20 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Well, as I said, ideas get put on the table and dropped all the time during game development. Look at character concept art for example, it’s very, very rare to get it right with the first design. Ah, Binding Blade, the game where only Roy could marry and poor Gonzales was left unmarried to Lilina as well as many others. SoV tried a bit too hard to stick to the original Gaiden that it also ended up getting some of its worst parts like the map design. 

Faye wasn’t given a moment of “redemption” due to how SoV’s story was limited by the original Gaiden as well as bad writing from IS. Faye’s love for Alm started ever since he saved her a long time ago. Her FEH LV40 confession has her finally getting over Alm so there’s that since she was no longer restrained to her rather restrictive source material. She’s a flawed character that deserved better treatment from IS. 

In a way, she reminds me of FGO’s Kiyohime. 

Well, Lilina is the closest to a canon relationship in the game. But in regards to a remake of a game that doesn't have free choosing of pairings, I highly doubt they would have entertained the idea of allowing you to choose who marries who. It really would not have been viewed well. I don't mind being cases of being dedicated to the original, but yeah, some cases were too loyal when they could have improved. Well, least they sort of tied in the story about the Falchion being in Valentia. 

Saved her? She clearly showed to have a crush on him before that even, in how she seemed upset that Alm spent more time with Celica and even questioned if the two would end up marrying in the future. And no, she never does get over Alm. Her ending in the game is proof of that, and that is what cemented my great dislike for her. And it really doesn't help how the support with Silque made her appear no better than before. Yeah, the LV40 confession was nice, but still isn't enough. 

Will Ryoma rank high again this time (within top 50 at least), and if so would it to do anything for him? I really would like my Ryoma to be able to keep up with the current Sword Meta. Ayra and Mia just straight up outspeed him even with DC, and I spent money for Ryoma lol. Maybe for like the top 50 that are under the +5 BST increase can get like 4-5 free points that can be allocated however the player wants. I'm dreaming now lol.  

Just now, Ae†her said:

Will Ryoma rank high again this time (within top 50 at least), and if so would it to do anything for him? I really would like my Ryoma to be able to keep up with the current Sword Meta. Ayra and Mia just straight up outspeed him even with DC, and I spent money for Ryoma lol. Maybe for like the top 50 that are under the +5 BST increase can get like 4-5 free points that can be allocated however the player wants. I'm dreaming now lol.  

I think that depends solely on when IS begins incorporating information from the poll and what is their plan for implementation because even though the top 2 spots are seen as the most important that doesn't mean they won't do anything with characters in the top 20. Take Joshua, Lute, Dorcas, and Mia for example all of them received good kits and stat spreads due to being a part of CYL despite not reaching the top. As far as I'm aware though nobody in the top 50 will likely receive a new variant over someone in the top 20 unless it's a new unit where boosting their bst is to garner interest constantly seeking powerful units. Although it's still fairly likely even if he holds the same place since he's a fates royal and comes from the best selling mainline games.

1 minute ago, MisfitMiju said:

I think that depends solely on when IS begins incorporating information from the poll and what is their plan for implementation because even though the top 2 spots are seen as the most important that doesn't mean they won't do anything with characters in the top 20. Take Joshua, Lute, Dorcas, and Mia for example all of them received good kits and stat spreads due to being a part of CYL despite not reaching the top. As far as I'm aware though nobody in the top 50 will likely receive a new variant over someone in the top 20 unless it's a new unit where boosting their bst is to garner interest constantly seeking powerful units. Although it's still fairly likely even if he holds the same place since he's a fates royal and comes from the best selling mainline games.

Ah, I didn't realize that the Top 20 had that going for them from the last CYL 1 Poll. Hmm, you're right in that it wouldn't make sense to go so far as top 50. However, if the same characters who already got a BST Boost (or good base kits, etc.) reach the top 20 again, does that mean IS might go past top 20 this time just to get to other more popular characters and reach favorability with more players?

Just now, Ae†her said:

Ah, I didn't realize that the Top 20 had that going for them from the last CYL 1 Poll. Hmm, you're right in that it wouldn't make sense to go so far as top 50. However, if the same characters who already got a BST Boost (or good base kits, etc.) reach the top 20 again, does that mean IS might go past top 20 this time just to get to other more popular characters and reach favorability with more players?

I think it depends more on who reappears in the top 20 since they still have a decent bit of characters they can choose from CYL for stat spread alterations based on the polling or by awarding them seasonals with better stats and entirely different niches. For the sake of discussion the units from CYL 1 who have not received any variants or highlighted as CYL units would be Micaiah,Nino, Nephenee, and Fe13 Anna as opposed to the boys which are Owain,Marth,Eliwood,Hector, Ephraim,Donnel,Lon'qu, and Niles. So they still have plenty of choices and if the rankings were to remain largely the same it would only make sense to pick from a less restrictive selection of characters by going down the list. If that new Eirika is anything to go by then we can expect everyone who reached the top 20 to receive one and would likely apply to this one as well and I doubt they would give out repeats.

Poor Glade is so out of place on my ballet. Someone should help the poor guy. 

Spoiler

unknown.png

The mid-term placements are... interesting. Can't say I'm thrilled about all of them but it is great to see Celica and Hector in 1st! And its awesome to see Keaton and Kaden in the top at all!

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Or one missing load-bearing wall, more likely.

That too.

2 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Poor Glade is so out of place on my ballet. Someone should help the poor guy. 

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

The mid-term placements are... interesting. Can't say I'm thrilled about all of them but it is great to see Celica and Hector in 1st! And its awesome to see Keaton and Kaden in the top at all!

That too.

And Selkie too!

MORE SHAPE SHIFTERS IS!!

9 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

DUb29l_U8AAEQvZ.jpgDUb29l_U8AEC_aZ.jpg

DUb29l-VoAE1KPJ.jpg

Here are the mid-term results everyone! Looks like the combination of Western + Japanese votes have led to SOME unexpected placements ^.^

Marth! Push ahead! Defeat Ephraim! Or Male Robin, make a comeback!!!

But why Celica ugh, she's not even a good character.

Interesting results, I'm just disappointed that none of the people I voted for made it up in top 10. Especially Cordelia.

I sincerely hope Ophelia, and Ryoma will also rank a little bit higher.