March's Legendary Hero - F!Robin: Fell Vessel, Flying Colorless Dragon (March 29 ~ April 3)

Coolmanio

2 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Every time a map like this comes out, I try my hardest to beat infernal with a proper team, but eventually get frustrated and cheese it with Reinhardt, firesweep B!Lyn and 2 dancers. Reinforcement spam is stupid.

Ran Rein with DB and Atk+3, Lyn with firesweep and poison strike, and another Atk+3 seal so she can ORKO the green flier on turn 1. Dancers were Airzura and Ninian

I actually like the fact we got basicly a free BHB banner basicly with a legendary hero. its harder but nice

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pulled out the big guns for Infernal and used my fully merged arena core (Laslow/F-Corrin/B-Ike) and Olivia (+3).  :XD:  Most of the kills were done on the enemy phase since they're all pretty tanky and have Aether (except Olivia).  Took me a few tries to get it right, though.  Pretty tricky one since there's so many reinforcements.

I get a legendary hero at last after 5 banners.

All it took was all my orbs. And getting nothing else. And -Spd.

Point being this didn't work out too well and the Legendary banners are yet again disappointing.

Warning, newbie opinions incoming:

Seeing F!Grima's stats now, it looks like +Spd/-HP or +Res/-HP are the optimal spreads. +Spd at 38 is nothing to laugh at, avoiding doubles from all but the fastest units in the game while also letting her blitz down slowpokes. On the other hand, +Res is a superboon that patches up her obvious weakpoint and lets her get the drop on mages. HP doesn't matter much in either case as she'll be focusing on stacking defenses to avoid damage entirely (though she may need healer support).

As for her base skillset: Dragonskin is obviously to be kept on at all times, as that Def/Res boost during enemy phase is godly and she likely won't be initiating unless it's an immediate kill. Cancel Affinity 3 lets F!Grima clown on Raven- tomes, but unless those are/become commonplace this can definitely be dropped for something else. Res Smoke 3 should probably be kept, since it both synergizes with Dragonskin and lets her hit a little harder.

Edited by Some Jerk

I stepped away from the game for a while, so I am missing a fair bit of the people...and dang it if the Legendary I got wasn't another Brave Lyn instead of someone new. Since, I do F2P and don't purchase orbs I am torn on what to do. I basically will have two more full pulls (maybe 3 if I can clear all of the extras they just threw at us and some of the chain challenges). Trying to decide if I waste both pulls here or try to get at least one bunny. I'm torn because outside of Lyn and Ike....I don't have anyone else here.

I found this infernal pretty hard, since I didn't have any reliable way of tanking that Bonfire. I eventually did it by dragging M.Marth along with Jeorge, Reinhardt and Axura. It was pretty hairy, but enjoyable! 

I actually enjoyed that infernal. It was challenging, but it also didn't feel impossible. It also felt nice since there were some lovely orb rewards. :3 I ended up using my +10 Raven, +3 Lucius, +8 Mae, and 4*+10 Olivia. Raven did a lot of the heavy lifting with Galeforce, but Lucius's Pain+Savage Blow was very VERY powerful. Mae just rocks. She's not even using a -blade tome. I love how she's easily become my best blue mage.

I kinda' wanna' start leveling up Robin...But I should probably wait until there's double SP bonus stuff...

Just beat it with my regular Horse Emblem team of Sigurd, Reinhardt, Blyn and Priscilla. Reinhardt needed to change his seal to +3 Attack to get out of a tricky spot. 

That was a difficult and immensely satisfying map. What a nice surprise that was.

I am a F2P player and I restart quite often as free orbs run out quickly and I don't spend money. So is this Robin worth summoning or not? Also don't know if this is the correct place for this but, if I had to pick one colourless unit should I choose BLyn, SpringKagero, or LRobin?

2 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I am a F2P player and I restart quite often as free orbs run out quickly and I don't spend money. So is this Robin worth summoning or not? Also don't know if this is the correct place for this but, if I had to pick one colourless unit should I choose BLyn, SpringKagero, or LRobin?

It's worth summoning as flier emblem material, but as standalone flexible unit, male Grima is more flexible. Bow is flier than daggers because there is brave bow, brave bow lyn is basically physical reinhardt when Kagero do not have access to firesweep nor braves. It also depends on the playstyle and damage you want to deal. BLyn is physical damage player phase. Lrobin is dual phase magic damage unit. 

Got f!Grima in about 75 orbs, plus a Zelgius along the way! Also a duplicate Lyn, which I don't really need but I sure can't complain about Swift Sparrow fodder. Zelgius was my most wanted unit out of the ones I was missing, so I'm really happy about how this turned out.

2 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

Seeing F!Grima's stats now, it looks like +Spd/-HP or +Res/-HP are the optimal spreads. +Spd at 38 is nothing to laugh at, avoiding doubles from all but the fastest units in the game while also letting her blitz down slowpokes. On the other hand, +Res is a superboon that patches up her obvious weakpoint and lets her get the drop on mages. HP doesn't matter much in either case as she'll be focusing on stacking defenses to avoid damage entirely (though she may need healer support).

As for her base skillset: Dragonskin is obviously to be kept on at all times, as that Def/Res boost during enemy phase is godly and she likely won't be initiating unless it's an immediate kill. Cancel Affinity 3 lets F!Grima clown on Raven- tomes, but unless those are/become commonplace this can definitely be dropped for something else. Res Smoke 3 should probably be kept, since it both synergizes with Dragonskin and lets her hit a little harder.

I would not use her to tank magic nukes unless you give her Moonbow-Steady Breath/Warding Breath to immediately knock out the enemy nuke on the counter. 38 Speed is not bad, but she will need a little more than that to stop top tier mages from doubling her; 29 Res is also nowhere close enough to handle being doubled. Felicia got 37 neutral Spd and 35 neutral Res, and she can barely tank Celica.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would not use her to tank magic nukes unless you give her Moonbow-Steady Breath/Warding Breath to immediately knock out the enemy nuke on the counter. 38 Speed is not bad, but she will need a little more than that to stop top tier mages from doubling her; 29 Res is also nowhere close enough to handle being doubled. Felicia got 37 neutral Spd and 35 neutral Res, and she can barely tank Celica.

She's a flier, so no good once again sadly.

2 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

She can run either phase reasonably well.

On player phase, she's pretty much always going to want to run [+Spd, -Res] just like any other 35-Spd non-Brave attacker.

On enemy phase, I'm inclined to say [+Atk / Def, -Res / HP]. If she isn't intending to fight magic, she should run -Res with Quick Riposte and S Distant Def. If she is intending to fight magic, I'd run -HP with Dull Ranged and S Quick Riposte, though her ability to deal with magic is shaky at best due to being colorless without an absurd base Res stat.

Dragonskin is a given for an enemy-phase build, though she'll want to run the more conventional Life and Death or Swift Sparrow for player phase. She has no business keeping Cancel Affinity as a player-controlled unit, but it's good to use on a defense team. Res Smoke depends on your play style, though I'd personally switch it out for Hone/Fortify/Goad/Ward Fliers/Dragons. If she's running a mixed-phase build, Atk Smoke makes a good C or S skill.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

She can run either phase reasonably well.

On player phase, she's pretty much always going to want to run [+Spd, -Res] just like any other 35-Spd non-Brave attacker.

On enemy phase, I'm inclined to say [+Atk / Def, -Res / HP]. If she isn't intending to fight magic, she should run -Res with Quick Riposte and S Distant Def. If she is intending to fight magic, I'd run -HP with Dull Ranged and S Quick Riposte, though her ability to deal with magic is shaky at best due to being colorless without an absurd base Res stat.

Dragonskin is a given for an enemy-phase build, though she'll want to run the more conventional Life and Death or Swift Sparrow for player phase. She has no business keeping Cancel Affinity as a player-controlled unit, but it's good to use on a defense team. Res Smoke depends on your play style, though I'd personally switch it out for Hone/Fortify/Goad/Ward Fliers/Dragons. If she's running a mixed-phase build, Atk Smoke makes a good C or S skill.

So what does that mean for a +Spd -HP one? I planned on using her for enemy phase, but is player phase better?

While not directly related to FG!Robin, the banner info shows that we'll be getting L!Ike and FG!Robin again in early may, and Fjorm and Gunnthra again in late May.  This seems odd, both that May apparently gets 2 legendary banners, and that we were told earlier that L!Ephraim would be available again late April.  Unless they're planning to start running legendary banners more frequently starting in April, it seems like the next legendary banner got pushed back a little bit.

Assuming that L!Ephraim's next banner is now the early May banner, our next Legendary Hero should be green, as that's the only unknown color on the banner.  Otherwise, if he's still supposed to run late April, pretty much everything except blue is open, since no one but L!Ephraim has been announced for that banner.

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

So what does that mean for a +Spd -HP one? I planned on using her for enemy phase, but is player phase better?

Two cents:

1. I'm always going to respond with, "Make do with what you have". If you want to run enemy phase, go for it. Your own play style should be more important than ±3 points in stats.
  2. The natures I listed are "the best nature given the role" and not "the best role given the nature". I personally do not ever choose a role based on the natures I have.

The BHB-esque maps were a nice surprise.  Aside from maybe Ch. 11+12 chain challenge, that was the hardest 4 orbs I've ever earned. o_o

As much as I think a colorless-dragon-flier would be a nice to have, it's really hard to get excited about alts, especially since the last Grima was barely a month ago...

21 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

While not directly related to FG!Robin, the banner info shows that we'll be getting L!Ike and FG!Robin again in early may, and Fjorm and Gunnthra again in late May.  This seems odd, both that May apparently gets 2 legendary banners, and that we were told earlier that L!Ephraim would be available again late April.  Unless they're planning to start running legendary banners more frequently starting in April, it seems like the next legendary banner got pushed back a little bit.

Assuming that L!Ephraim's next banner is now the early May banner, our next Legendary Hero should be green, as that's the only unknown color on the banner.  Otherwise, if he's still supposed to run late April, pretty much everything except blue is open, since no one but L!Ephraim has been announced for that banner.

I'm sure it's the same banner as the one they said Ephraim would be returning on, just now listed for early May instead of late April.

A possible explanation is that it could be scheduled to launch on May 1. We know they've had trouble coordinating their schedules with daylight savings time, so if that's true, it would have been 11:00 PM on April 30 if the time change didn't happen, but the time change shifted it to 12:00 AM on May 1.

Edited by Othin

Hmm, hmm, hmmm

Just like I freaking feared.

By all intents and purposes I shouldn't be mad I got a lot of five stars, but I knew F!Grima sharing colorless with BLyn and Kitty Sakura would bring me grief.

Two Brave Lyns... Guess I got Swift Sparrow fodder!

On the other hand, Summer Tiki and Summer Elise came home which is nice, since I didn't have them, and my first four star normal Sakura, so its not that bad...

Pulled a summer divine dragon waifu (who I've missed in her banner BTW), two BLyn, one BLucina, one Lute, Nekomata Sakura, and the evil waifu herself with about 240 orbs. Can't say I'm mad, and my FGrima is +hp/-res, which could be worse in my opinion.

BTW, what logic is behind her being an earth legendary hero? I don't see a logic behind it. VIke was his earth affinity, and LEphraim is because of his lance

12 minutes ago, Midnox said:

BTW, what logic is behind her being an earth legendary hero? I don't see a logic behind it. VIke was his earth affinity, and LEphraim is because of his lance

Ike's canon element in his home game was Earth, Ephraim's was Fire... as for Grima, physically and scientifically speaking , if you fell you fell to the ground, right? ground=earth,  so theres that. 

5 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Ike's canon element in his home game was Earth, Ephraim's was Fire... as for Grima, physically and scientifically speaking , if you fell you fell to the ground, right? ground=earth,  so theres that. 

Maybe... well, Earth Dragons are almost always the villains, and some theorized Grima was related to Earth Dragons, so maybe that's where it came from?