Another FEH Channel Confirmed on Monday (for most)

I am happy to the demotion, as it'll be easier to get some decent units that aren't quite 5-stars worthy, plus their skills and not having as much crap units (right Odin?)

I always welcome the new characters, but I'll save my orbs for later 

New mode, not that exited

removal of stamina cost for some modes is great, as these require building a strategy via trial and error, but the stamina cost was insane

Anyways, I think this was a decent Feh channel, better than the one before, but not quite top tier like the others. Guess I'll have to keep waiting for my new brave heroes 

One thing that disappoints me is Leif not using the Blaggi Sword. Oh well, there are still two possible users that may appear in the game 

Edited by Midnox

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So the suicide of all of humanity is necessary to defeat this evil? Well it was nice knowing you.

Or we could surrender to our cute dragon overlords as Zephiel has constantly preached to us. :p

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reinhardt is no Hero of Time and Hylia. You seriously cannot use the term in Nintendo games freely when Link is well-known quintessential Nintendo and the Master Sword is his weapon.

Reinhardt wearing Link's tunic would be pretty hilarious now that I think about it. Could you imagine a man as severe as him wearing a green floppy cap?

Anyway, I'm just going to go with Reinhardt's Meisterschwert being a hilariously uninspired name for his personal Master Sword. Now, the real question: what is his horse's name? Is it Dire Horse, Dire Mare, or Dire Stallion? Reinhorse? Meisterpferd? I don't know German, so that's probably grammatically incorrect.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Reinhardt wearing Link's tunic would be pretty hilarious now that I think about it. Could you imagine a man as severe as him wearing a green floppy cap?

Reminds me Astram exists, he is the closest visually to Link we've ever gotten. Not very, but blonde with green armor and infantry sword is about it.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Anyway, I'm just going to go with Reinhardt's Meisterschwert being a hilariously uninspired name for his personal Master Sword. Now, the real question: what is his horse's name? Is it Dire Horse, Dire Mare, or Dire Stallion? Reinhorse? Meisterpferd? I don't know German, so that's probably grammatically incorrect.

If it's a female, it might be Olwen, more likely Ishtar (if so, don't get Rein too drunk- lest you like looking at a nightmare).

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Awww no barracks expansion

But still lots of quality of life upgrades

@mampfoid @Zeo Just when finished all the remaining Orb quests for the GHB we suddenly get new ones haha

Don't have space for more GHB units right now though..

A second daily GHB rotation is nice, even if I dread Zephiels map (4 times Wary fighter make one-turn clears hard). 

The new mode sounds ... not very interesting. 

Less stamina per TT map? Will make it harder to keep up with the auto-mode people. At least they made it 10 days permanently. 

Best part of the update: 3* Cordelia, yeah! 

Now Reinhardt is the bravest of all.

The rarity drop was easily the best thing to come out of this whole FEHC, very happy about that. 

Hoping the Nameless Blade has a cool refine effect, it's too bad they couldn't tell us what that and Forblaze had x\

2 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Hoping the Nameless Blade has a cool refine effect, it's too bad they couldn't tell us what that and Forblaze had x\

The weapons are already available in-game on Android (no idea for iOS).

Nameless Blade is identical to Hauteclere. Forblaze has Death Blow 3 as its refine effect.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The weapons are already available in-game on Android (no idea for iOS).

Nameless Blade is identical to Hauteclere. Forblaze has Death Blow 3 as its refine effect.

Hot damb. And Lilina was ALREADY a great abuser of Death Blow + Brash Desperation....

Alright, direct time, avoided spoilers (mostly, CAN THE HOT THREADS PLEASE BE POSSIBLE TO TURN OFF?)

Spoiler

I'd be feeling that snow a month ago. Also cold doesn't bother her. They know.

So, Nanna, Boi, Berkut and Anna eh? Last two are curious. AND NANNA'S COLOURLESS!

AAAHHH LEIF FINN AND NANNA! Light Brand confirmed! Odd effect with defence breaking, Restore cures allies (YOOOOOOOO, FINALLY!), She also gets Absorb+ AND REIN AND OLWEN ARE HERE AGAIN! REIN'S FACE CONCERNS ME! So that's all we get sadly, and Finn's a TT unit. Shit, I can't merge best knight now! And it turns out Rein's a sword (Shit.) and Olwen is likely green. Why no Holy Sword IS?

Update time. Refines first, Forblaze gets chill Res (no dragonbreaking for the Scouring weapons, eh?), Nameless blade is another QP weapon, Boi is effective against dragons, Gets Def/Res +4 and QR5 (It's so beautiful. Finally BB's worth it, just need to get DC and a nature tweak), Lloyd gets Bond Drive near infantry mages (That's neat, shame it's on Lloyd), Both Ephraim and Hector don't need those other weapons (Just give QR3 on Armads, please?).

Edit: Turns out Forblaze gets DB3 on refine and Nameless Blade gets Wo Dao effect. Forblaze is nuts.

TT recommends difficulty (huh?), makes everyone stronger on the bonus runs (Time to smash those scales, right?), double Exp/SP within it (not needed personally), all bonus allies give 40% (NIIIIIIICE), take less stamina and the rewards have changed.... Huh? It's now 10 days and scores for rewards like Mini TT. Isn't that nice? It is separate though. It also has Finn, so that's good.

Special Orb promo? 21 + 6000 feathers, likely for a shit price here. Bah.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA UNITS GETTING DROPPED TO 3/4*. AND IT STARTS WITH REDS HOLY SHIT THIS IS REAL. I'll put down the list here for posterity: 

Spoiler

Marth, Roy (Nice), Chrom, Seliph, Ogma, Cain (YOOOOO), Caeda (Neat), Tharja, Eirika, M!Corrin, Seth, Lilina, Athena, Lukas, Effie, Abel (Nice), Rody, Mathilda, Oscar (Aw yeah), Peri (The nightmare is finally over....), Catria, Clair, Cordelia, Mae, Rein (Maybe I'll finally get a good nature), Nowi, Raven, Hawkeye, Sheena, Titania, Camilla, Merric (I'll never know how this feels), Boey, Soren, Fae (NICE), Jeorge, Leon, Klein (YASSSS), Rebecca, Jakob (I sadly know how this feels. Both versions), Kagero, Maria, Lachesis, Lucius, Sakura and Priscilla.

46. Dayum.

Never forget the pitybreakers. Also, neat it's for before the update. This nearly doubles the 3/4* pool as well. Also Fae's a bitch sometimes, poor Alfonse.

Merit caps's already up (Didn't even hit 4,000 yet), Friend cap's up and I'm curious about home screen banners.

Second GHB rotation (Nothing being removed), SO CAMUS IS REAL. I always knew, he's been here for months and I wish I'd convinced everyone. Feh says Camu, Mekkah got to her. ALSO SAIAS YASSSSSS. He's blue tome sadly, I wish they'd alluded to.... well, you know who. GHBs also now cost 0.... Well that's nice. Also BHB and LHB (Which confirms that that is now regular). At this rate Stamina won't even matter.

Feh got ran over, kinda asked for it. So, it's a 3 faction war, with Alfonse, Sharena and Anna going all civil war on us all. It also has a new currency. It's also an expanded Rival Domains but is there some kind of PVP? I'm a little confused and I think I'll need more explanation. Music's also nice. Also we get 20 orbs. Thracia orbs? Thracia orbs.

Go sleep Feh. That actually looks pretty full.

TLDR: Lots of good shit. Best Lord, Best Knight, Good refines and a second Rein (Really? Rein Emblem now?)

Edit 2 (This is getting annoying): Also, Thracia trailer's out. For Leif, Stamina Drink (HAHAHHAHAH) is great for TT/CC, Drive Atk and Steady Blow are alright and that weapon effect is a neat thing. Nanna gets Drive Def, an alright A skill and Restore's great. Olwen gets Thunderhead (PFFFFFFFF), it's a Bladetome (RIP Cecilia), Swift Sparrow and Renewal. Rein gets the Master Sword (In german), DB3 and some other skills that will not be staying on anyone's Rein.

Edited by Dayni

So as for weapon refinery...

~Guess we're in a sort of "Chill" craze right now. Forblaze at least looks cool, but like Soren I don't see it outright replacing Liinas Raudhrblade nuking, just being an alternative when Bladetome nuking isn't available (arena assault and used up all your buffers, for instance). Though DB6 is certainly interesting...

~Nameless Blade did about what I was expecting given the original weapons of both. I expect this will drastically improve Fir given her Sonic the Hedgehog level of speed, but I'm still not that interested.

~MAH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIII- okay it's not the BEST of what we got, but it'll certainly improve Roys performance a little, especially since QR5 with Roys speed basically lets him avoid some doubles and double attack anyways. Also i already bought the upgrade.

~Not that amazed by Regal Blade, but I'll admit it's certainly interesting to see them continue to expand on the idea of a unit being in range of specific other types of units.

~I'm not sure how to feel about Ephraim and Hector getting their alternate weapons, mostly because Vhector is better all around and I don't feel I need two separate same units, as well as never using Flame Siegmund myself. I don't know if I'll go for it myself since I kinda prefer having two separate bladetome buffers.

All in all, a decent refinery update, but nothing I'm throwing feathers at right now (already have Roy and Lilina at 5* with decent natures, have Ehraim and Hector if I really wanna go for it, don't care much for Fir or Lloyd and don't have Karel)

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:
  Hide contents

Elite quests for the second set of GHB daily maps are set for lunatic, not infernal

Spoiler

Thank freaking god, having to do Infernal 7 times with specific teams for a week straight was stressing me out, even if I did appreciate the challenge when all was said and done.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Forblaze at least looks cool, but like Soren I don't see it outright replacing Liinas Raudhrblade nuking, just being an alternative when Bladetome nuking isn't available (arena assault and used up all your buffers, for instance). Though DB6 is certainly interesting...

+14 Atk over Raudhrblade+ against the opponent with the highest Res is pretty much just Raudhrblade+ without the need for buffs against just that one enemy.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

+14 Atk over Raudhrblade+ against the opponent with the highest Res is pretty much just Raudhrblade+ without the need for buffs against just that one enemy.

Not accounting for atk field buffs on Forblaze builds, close. Raudhrblade will net a slightly higher atk bonus on teams using Tactic skills (even without Speed Tactic still), which should now be even better now that Olwen will get a legendary Bladetome (with no cooldown penalty to boot). In thinking though, it's still a more applicable weapon than Raudhrblade (don't need to hover around buffers as often, RES debuff benefits everyone) and also lets Lilina run, say, Speed Seal to let her be support for the army.

Also Forblaze is only 1 attack more than Raudhrblade+ (bladetomes all have 13 might instead of the 12 common on ranged weapons), so where'd you get +14 atk?

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Also Forblaze is only 1 attack more than Raudhrblade+ (bladetomes all have 13 might instead of the 12 common on ranged weapons), so where'd you get +14 atk?

+1 for Forblaze's 14 Mt over Raudhrblade+'s 13 Mt.

+7 for Chill Res 3 from Forblaze's base effect.

+6 for Death Blow 3 from Forblaze's refine.

Basically, Forblaze is a self-sufficient Raudhrblade+ that only works against one enemy unit at a time.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

+1 for Forblaze's 14 Mt over Raudhrblade+'s 13 Mt.

+7 for Chill Res 3 from Forblaze's base effect.

+6 for Death Blow 3 from Forblaze's refine.

Basically, Forblaze is a self-sufficient Raudhrblade+ that only works against one enemy unit at a time.

Ooooh, I thought you were only counting combat/field buffs in addition to the higher might (+1 might and DB6, LnD3 works to but slightly weaker), my bad.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

His JP English name is Leaf. His NA/EU English name is Leif.

So yes, his name in English is Leaf.

It is not though, and you can watch the trailer again to see the spelling they used. Leif fits thematically and within the context of Jugdral, Leaf does not, unless I'm missing something very obvious. 

You are effectively arguing that the localization messed up his spelling and that their way of fixing it is making another mistake. With the spelling of Leif, they are mispronouncing his name. 

Should Lucina start being called Lukina because that's what the Japanese call her? 

1 minute ago, Thane said:

It is not though, and you can watch the trailer again to see the spelling they used.

It is. Both Leaf and Leif are his name. You cannot say one is more valid than another, just like how Charles V is called variously Charles, Carlos, Karl, etc. depending on the language being spoken. "Leaf" is the correct spelling of his name in Japanese using Latin characters.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

Leif fits thematically and within the context of Jugdral, Leaf does not, unless I'm missing something very obvious. 

It doesn't matter if "Leif" thematically fits. That's not his name in Japanese.

If I write up a piece of fiction about a grand playwright named Willem, and a localization to a different language chooses to rename him "William" for thematic purposes, that doesn't make "Willem" any less correct as the man's name.

8 minutes ago, Thane said:

You are effectively arguing that the localization messed up his spelling and that their way of fixing it is making another mistake. With the spelling of Leif, they are mispronouncing his name. 

I'm basically saying NoA is being dumb and digging their localization credibility hole deeper.

8 minutes ago, Thane said:

Should Lucina start being called Lukina because that's what the Japanese call her? 

That's how I pronounce her name. But it's still spelled "Lucina" because that's how it's spelled in Japanese.

I liked the Feh announcement, but the only thing that got me pumping was the weapon refinement.

• Good to know Tharcia banner will be easy to skip
  • So many demotion, maybe I can get a better Chrom now
  • Good to know it won't be so exhausting to play future Temple Trials now, but then what's the point of Mini Trials?
  • Future GHB no longer costing any stamina is cool & all, but I still need to know what I should waste my stamina's beside the training rooms
  • Even though I like Rival Domains, Grand Conquest looks like a chore to play. Here's hoping it's better than it looks

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So the suicide of all of humanity is necessary to defeat this evil? Well it was nice knowing you.

Master Sword in a Nintendo game is trademarked to this:

File:OoT Master Sword Artwork.png

Reinhardt is no Hero of Time and Hylia. You seriously cannot use the term in Nintendo games freely when Link is well-known quintessential Nintendo and the Master Sword is his weapon.

I already have enough reasons to dislike Reinhardt, I don't need more

41 minutes ago, Thane said:

It is not though, and you can watch the trailer again to see the spelling they used. Leif fits thematically and within the context of Jugdral, Leaf does not, unless I'm missing something very obvious. 

It's not a Japanese name. It's a Japanese phonetic representation of a foreign sound; if you read the Japanese "text", katakana will be used. Thus, the translator(s) has creative freedom of whether to match an actual foreign word or stick with a novel phonetic equivalent or even do it like MeisterSchwert, where the name actually translated it into GERMAN instead of English. 

I do wonder if they concocted the entire Hoshido story just so fans might actually catch the drift of what "authentic Japanese" is like since weeaboos can't seem to grasp that the Japanese are fond of using Engrish because it's "cool and foreign" to them. But even names like Ryoma or Oboro are romanizations of sounds pronounced in Japanese but they will be written in hiragana. 

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

Man, SOME people are never happy I see and bitch about every little thing.

The Feh channel was so awesome! The new mode looks really awesome! i'm looking forward to it! And i'm so glad about the new Daily Rotation GHBS!

4 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

It's not a Japanese name. It's a Japanese phonetic representation of a foreign sound; if you read the Japanese "text", katakana will be used. Thus, the translator(s) has creative freedom of whether to match an actual foreign word or stick with a novel phonetic equivalent or even do it like MeisterSchwert, where the name actually translated it into GERMAN instead of English. 

I do wonder if they concocted the entire Hoshido story just so fans might actually catch the drift of what "authentic Japanese" is like since weeaboos can't seem to grasp that the Japanese are fond of using Engrish because it's "cool and foreign" to them. But even names like Ryoma or Oboro are romanizations of sounds pronounced in Japanese but they will be written in hiragana. 

Somehow, it seems that the moment a language stops using the Latin character set, the rules that govern translation and transliteration from one language to another suddenly go out the window.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Somehow, it seems that the moment a language stops using the Latin character set, the rules that govern translation and transliteration from one language to another suddenly go out the window.

Does it matter though?