We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, athena_57 said:

I didn't think you were accusing us of being buddies, I felt you were accusing me of piggybacking Bartozio's case, in which case my argument stands.

It's a common scum tactic to feign disagreement yet steer towards the same result. That combined with the fact that you backed off so easily made you suspicious to me.

10 hours ago, eclipse said:

Now I'm getting uneasy.

See, the vote thing was way back when, and if it really was an issue, you could ask this in your role PM.  Meanwhile, you're not using your vote, so why does it matter?

Why shouldn't you be lynched today?

I figured that if it was an error, the hosts would just clarify. Since they didn't, it was probably part of the game. I remember there being a role like Persuader that takes away people's votes, so I was wondering if that was related.

At this point, I'm inclined to believe zeus is just Town but confused. He doesn't have much direction in his posts, and he's mostly just agreeing with people critiquing his play instead of trying to defend himself from eclipse and others. Even if he does flip scum, we won't really get an idea of who could be related to him; so far, only Bibbon (and me) have had second thoughts about lynching him. Still, he's probably the best candidate for a lynch, since I'm getting the feeling that even if we push him on later days we won't get much more than what we have right now.

People said Bartozio's role PM thing is suspicious, but he also went out of his way to tell us not to visit him at night. That's a pretty risky bluff for scum. Also, other than FoSing me, he hasn't really done anything else. I don't have much to say about his alignment, but lynching him would resolve the role problem.

I'm going to give Athena the benefit of the doubt and say he's probably not a good lynch target yet. I want to see more movements from him first.

Weapons  has actively replied to people's questions with short and unhelpful answers several times, which suggests to me that he has nothing to lose.

Shinori seems the most Town to me, and I think eclipse is confirmed Mayor too? So those would be strongest Town. Everyone else is still pending for me.

4 minutes ago, zeus_112 said:

hm, I'm off now. -Maybe tomorrow I'll be more thougtfull..

I certainly hope you're more productive at the very least.

In any case, as for how I feel about Zeus now, I'm still null to be completely honest. His posts are bad, but for "IRL-meta" reasons they're NAI for me.
However, I'm not opposed to him getting vigged if he doesn't start producing, I feel a lynch can be better spent though.

6 minutes ago, Fable said:

Also to reply to something eclipse said I'm against lynching low posters for the sake of it. I understand they're not useful but policy lynches are bad IMO. 

They're a lost discussion anyway, so I'd rather address it sooner than later.  D3 sucks when it's bandying around some inactive's one content post.

As for zeus, he's null.  However, I feel that his actions are harmful enough to the town that he's a liability, and I'm not confident that he'll suddenly become better about it in later phases.  I want Marth to answer for his actions, but I'd be willing to consolidate on zeus just to get him out of the game.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Even if he does flip scum, we won't really get an idea of who could be related to him; so far, only Bibbon (and me) have had second thoughts about lynching him. Still, he's probably the best candidate for a lynch, since I'm getting the feeling that even if we push him on later days we won't get much more than what we have right now.

People said Bartozio's role PM thing is suspicious, but he also went out of his way to tell us not to visit him at night. That's a pretty risky bluff for scum. Also, other than FoSing me, he hasn't really done anything else. I don't have much to say about his alignment, but lynching him would resolve the role problem.

I'm going to give Athena the benefit of the doubt and say he's probably not a good lynch target yet. I want to see more movements from him first.

Weapons  has actively replied to people's questions with short and unhelpful answers several times, which suggests to me that he has nothing to lose.

Shinori seems the most Town to me, and I think eclipse is confirmed Mayor too? So those would be strongest Town. Everyone else is still pending for me.

Eh, Bibbon is advocating a lynch atm and there are multiple people who didn't agree with lynching zeus, not just you two. This reads like you preparing for him flipping town tbh. Also, just because him dying isn't awful, doesn't mean the lynch can't be better spent elsewhere.

How does it have to be a bluff? What about a scum ascetic?

How much more movement do you want, I've been quite active. Seems like a BS reason to keep your vote on me.

Implying what exactly? I'm not sure I know what your conclusion is.

Confirmed mayor does not mean confirmed town. (FTR I am townreading her, but not because of her role)

Day 1.8 - Votals
Polydeuces + SatsumaFSoySoy (4): Bartozio, Eurykins, athena_57, Refa
Bartozio (3): Anime27Arts, WeaponsofMassConstruction, Shinori
Magnificence Incarnate (3): Walrein, eclipse
zeus_112 (3): vi-astra, Bibbon, Fable
Fable (2): Jaybee, zeus_112
Junk (2): Zkirsche, Magnificence Incarnate
Zkirsche (2): Junk, Nightmare
Shinori (1): Elieson
WeaponsofMassConstruction (1): BBM

Not Voting: Eärendil, Polydeuces + SatsumaFSoySoy

You have ~24.75 hours left in the day. With 22 alive, it takes 8 to lynch and 15 to hammer.

rein is playing this game right cuz him coasting as scum is 100% something he would do lol.

sigh zeus is talking like bad new town but I'm still not comfy with him. lynching marth would be cool though too.

scum still benefits from us lynching town who are playing in distracting ways so like it sucks man.

Something has happened!

image.png.59faa8f3d2db056431c2d31f3087b285.png

There was once a man named Poly,
Who thought he was quite jolly,
He signed up to play
On April Fools' day
One helluva game, by golly.

His partner Soy got raked,
With votes that weren't quite baked.
While poly fed Zyra,
he could've heiled Hydra,
if only he hadn't flaked!

- William Snikespeare

Polydeuces was subbed out for Snike.

Hot takes:

-I think Athena's scummy, Mostly off of gut but look at the snippy comment@ jb around page 12 when he didn't immediately content after the unvote. IDT that's townie.

-I'd be down with a rein lynch except he's not on the playerlist. He might be a hidden but that's a waste of time at this pt. This makes a lot of kirsche's case on BBM look weak, but the tunneling is more in line w/ town kirsche.

More after I read my rolepm.

21 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

Eh, Bibbon is advocating a lynch atm and there are multiple people who didn't agree with lynching zeus, not just you two. This reads like you preparing for him flipping town tbh. Also, just because him dying isn't awful, doesn't mean the lynch can't be better spent elsewhere.

How does it have to be a bluff? What about a scum ascetic?

How much more movement do you want, I've been quite active. Seems like a BS reason to keep your vote on me.

Implying what exactly? I'm not sure I know what your conclusion is.

Confirmed mayor does not mean confirmed town. (FTR I am townreading her, but not because of her role)

Bibbon is advocating a lynch at this moment, but he wasn't at first. Just pointing that out. Unless I missed posts, Bibbon was the only one who explicitly said zeus might be a bad lynch; the others acknowledge it but would grudingly go with it.

I was saying, it would be risky for scum to air out a specific of their role on Day 1, so that's a point against Bartozio being scum.

A different day. Obviously people's play changes as we hit Day 2, 3 etc. and people start to die. If I'm actually watching someone I want to be precise about it. Would you feel better if I actually voted you or something? I'm still accusing you, I'm just not stringing your name up in bold. Anyone who really wants to read back and see who I've been talking about would still know.

Oh, I see. Another format difference. Thanks.

I imagine the thread came up with a case of BBMitis. It's a tragic illness that causes posts to mysteriously vanish right before one's own eyes, and the leading cause for imaginary d1 lynches.

##Vote: Athena

Aforementioned gutread + I feel like the back and forth between him and zeus was really just padding instead of advancing the gamestate. I might be overly critical but esp. after Bard salt in brexitland the snark on unvote posts/lack of content is a warning sign. Rereading back now.

Satsuma get in our scum qt

Also I should probably announce that our slot is kind of weird in that we're sort of a role miller. idk what this means setupwise, but rolecop results and the like are going to be inaccurate.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Bibbon is advocating a lynch at this moment, but he wasn't at first. Just pointing that out. Unless I missed posts, Bibbon was the only one who explicitly said zeus might be a bad lynch; the others acknowledge it but would grudingly go with it.

I was saying, it would be risky for scum to air out a specific of their role on Day 1, so that's a point against Bartozio being scum

Your first point is fair, but the later part isn't. I for example have said before I felt his laziness was NAI and I wouldn't interpret the lack of comment of others on him as "begrudgingly going along with it", I'd interpret is as null/awaiting content.

Let's say they're scum and don't claim. N3 he gets docced/copped and the roles becomes blocked. What's he going to say then? I don't think it's risky for scum!ascetic to claim at all, on the contrary.

4 minutes ago, Snike said:

Also I should probably announce that our slot is kind of weird in that we're sort of a role miller. idk what this means setupwise, but rolecop results and the like are going to be inaccurate.

Why didn't we hear this earlier (question directed at satsuma ofc)

7 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

Why didn't we hear this earlier (question directed at satsuma ofc)

Because his scumbuddy flaked  and didn't even care to leave him with a script rude af

More seriously I think sats is first time playing.