Vestaria Saga 1 Localized version and Vestaria Gaidens tentative release date announced

MCProductions

Recently started messing around with Tearring Saga and now this is getting localized? The only thing I can say is; I hope I can get this to work on my mac.

Edited by Modamy
mispelled something

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Interesting. Do you know how many new classes/names are in this game?

Beats me.  I mostly just wanted to ask about the female Fighter after Hardin mentioned it.  Naturally my mind turned to my second favorite weapon type, Dark Magic, after asking about Axes, my first favorite.

I would hold my breath on learning the class names until the localization comes out.

16 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Beats me.  I mostly just wanted to ask about the female Fighter after Hardin mentioned it.  Naturally my mind turned to my second favorite weapon type, Dark Magic, after asking about Axes, my first favorite.

I would hold my breath on learning the class names until the localization comes out.

There was a chapter enemy list with several enemy class listed.

There seem to be a lot of class variants like Bandit, Brigand/Mountain Thief, Pirate both existing, as well as stuff like Tribal Cavalier and Royal cavalier.

There were also things like Javelineer, Elemental Wyverns, and monster units. The monster units were skeletons and mummies that used regular human weapons.

The most interesting thing I noticed was the General class used by the enemy. Despite being an Armored category unit, it had infantry movement, meaning it lacked the restrictions usually associated with armored units. I'm going to guess it'll be available in the next part.

vesta-char-face001.png

Speaking of armors, notice how highly rated, Prody is in the community chosen unit ratings. For reference, he's an A rank unit!

24 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Good call. I guess I'll wait a few more months for localization.

2 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

There was a chapter enemy list with several enemy class listed.

There seem to be a lot of class variants like Bandit, Brigand/Mountain Thief, Pirate both existing, as well as stuff like Tribal Cavalier and Royal cavalier.

There were also things like Javelineer, Elemental Wyverns, and monster units. The monster units were skeletons and mummies that used regular human weapons.

The most interesting thing I noticed was the General class used by the enemy. Despite being an Armored category unit, it had infantry movement, meaning it lacked the restrictions usually associated with armored units. I'm going to guess it'll be available in the next part.

vesta-char-face001.png

Speaking of armors, notice how highly rated, Prody is in the community chosen unit ratings. For reference, he's an A rank unit!

It's amazing what movement can do for a class.

Yes. 

Yes. 

Good. 

Good. 

I hope this will tide some people over until FE16. 

Edited by Slumber

11 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Good call. I guess I'll wait a few more months for localization.

It's amazing what movement can do for a class.

The most interesting thing is how giving the playable Knight, a skill, that improves the defense of nearby units was able to make the class a necessary part of the army.

OH MY GOSH, THIS IS GREAT!

Someone hit me over the head when it's out For Real.  The gameplay was interesting, but I didn't get far enough to truly judge the characters.

Oh, I've been wanting to try this game out. Well, more like being able to understand it. I'm certainly gonna try to get it once it gets released.

I haven't played any of Kaga's post IS games so I'm interested in playing this one and seeing the stuff the old man has learned when he went of to do his own thing.

The stuff I'm reading here does sound very interesting.

8 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

I haven't played any of Kaga's post IS games so I'm interested in playing this one and seeing the stuff the old man has learned when he went of to do his own thing.

The stuff I'm reading here does sound very interesting.

Even TS, his first FE game, was pretty polished and had a ton of new ideas.

I can only imagine how VS feels.

whoa didn't realize people were still talking about this game!

I've beaten it twice and it's amazing. some of the level design are genius when you consider it was made essentially in a tool w/ limitations and not coded from scratch. and the last chapter is freaking massive.

will be playing a 3rd time when the english version comes out. 

Inb4 FE switch is a rip-off of Vestaria Saga

Edited by Bhoop

13 hours ago, Slumber said:

Even TS, his first FE game, was pretty polished and had a ton of new ideas.

I can only imagine how VS feels.

Cool. When Kaga's name drops it's almost always to reference FE4/FE5 and almost never TRS/Berwick saga so it's good to hear that TRS is also a good game.

That reminds me, I remember reading about one specific awesome thing Kaga did with a character in TRS on the subreddit in a thread about gameplay/story integration:

Spoiler

There's a character that refuses to kill only humans as in you can only kill monsters but if you let her brother die in a specific chapter she'll break that vow and you'll be able to kill human characters as well.

Just thought that was really neat and I would love to see stuff like that in VS.

44 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Cool. When Kaga's name drops it's almost always to reference FE4/FE5 and almost never TRS/Berwick saga so it's good to hear that TRS is also a good game.

That reminds me, I remember reading about one specific awesome thing Kaga did with a character in TRS on the subreddit in a thread about gameplay/story integration:

Hide contents

There's a character that refuses to kill only humans as in you can only kill monsters but if you let her brother die in a specific chapter she'll break that vow and you'll be able to kill human characters as well.

Just thought that was really neat and I would love to see stuff like that in VS.

Yeah, there's a lot of cool crazy character stuff in TRS, and from what I hear, it continues in Berwick and Vestaria, so I'm excited to see more stuff like it. 

By the way, I don't think the two Gaiden games are scheduled for Summer. It's possible that the Lucca Gaiden will release in Summer, but Zeid's Gaiden probably won't be ready until next year.

Also, there are some really cool features/additions in Zeid's Gaiden, which I'd love to talk about when I have more time...

53 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

By the way, I don't think the two Gaiden games are scheduled for Summer. It's possible that the Lucca Gaiden will release in Summer, but Zeid's Gaiden probably won't be ready until next year.

Also, there are some really cool features/additions in Zeid's Gaiden, which I'd love to talk about when I have more time...

Thanks for the clarification, my Japanese isn't the best, so I mistook it for saying all three were releasing this summer. Rereading it now, it's clear it's more just the localized game while the Gaidens will be ready to enter the testing phase. Also Kaga apparently hired 50 playtesters. Where can I sign up for that job

I'll update the OP to reflect this

This is great! After many months of silence, we're finally close to that Summer Potential Release :D 

21 hours ago, Bhoop said:

I'm expecting IS to rip-off Vestaria Saga at some moment, they have already did it before with the two previous games.

50 minutes ago, Troykv said:

This is great! After many months of silence, we're finally close to that Summer Potential Release :D 

I'm expecting IS to rip-off Vestaria Saga at some moment, they have already did it before with the two previous games.

Well didn't Nintendo sue Kaga for ripping off Fire Emblem? I guess IS retaliated. 

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

Well didn't Nintendo sue Kaga for ripping off Fire Emblem? I guess IS retaliated. 

They did, but they failed, strangely enough. However, they did manage to sue his company for unfair advertisement during the game's pre-release.

Anyway, the joke in the strikethrough is unrelated to that, I believe.

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

IS still used a lot of framework that Kaga laid out, and if it's to be believed, straight up used his concepts and ideas for Tellius. 

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

They did, but they failed, strangely enough. However, they did manage to sue his company for unfair advertisement during the game's pre-release.

Anyway, the joke in the strikethrough is unrelated to that, I believe.

Well, you can't copyright game concepts or mechanics, so it's not that strange. Which is something I am rather glad, to be honest. Just imagine if somebody could hold the copyright on something like an attack stat or a life meter.

Edit:

27 minutes ago, Slumber said:

IS still used a lot of framework that Kaga laid out, and if it's to be believed, straight up used his concepts and ideas for Tellius. 

Are you referring to the similarities between Berwick Saga and Tellius? Because Berwick Saga was released after PoR in the very same year. Not that I think that the similarities are a coincidence but it probably just means that both studios were using concepts that were discussed back when Kaga was still at IS.

Now the similarities between Tear Ring Saga and FE7 are a lot more juicier, seeing how Tear Ring Saga was out before even FE6, so it beats FE7 by almost 2 years.

Edited by BrightBow

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Are you referring to the similarities between Berwick Saga and Tellius? Because Berwick Saga was released after PoR in the very same year. Not that I think that the similarities are a coincidence but it probably just means that both studios were using concepts that were discussed back when Kaga was still at IS.

Now the similarities between Tear Ring Saga and FE7 are a lot more juicier, seeing how Tear Ring Saga was out before even FE6, so it beats FE7 by almost 2 years

No, I mean that IS used stuff they still had from Kaga's time there to make PoR. 

On surface level, PoR resembles Kaga's FEs waaaaaay more than the post-Kaga FEs that came out for the GBA, going back to a lot of stuff he laid out in the Archanea and Jugdral games. They definitely went back to his template for that game and RD. 

Going even deeper, "apparently"(I say apparently because I've seen it said a bunch and I've regurgitated this statement a lot, but I don't remember if I've ever seen any interview where it was said) they just used ideas and notes Kaga came up with while he was there. 

Not talking about any similarities between BS and PoR. 

Edited by Slumber

On 5/9/2018 at 4:41 PM, Hekselka said:

Hide contents

Yep and she is perfect for helping to level your growth stock characters. i.e. she can get an enemy down to 1 hp and then your low levels can finish them off.

TRS's stealing system also gave way to the game's lone recruitable bandit who steals a random item (or all, can't remember) from enemies he kills. Problem of course is that he sucks so he rarely finishes anyone off. But you can get the skill book for it and give it to a much better character.

It's funny how people are blown away by the creativity of Kaga's characters. The only reason this is happening is because his successors just have been recycling the same old crap and not been very creative or thinking-outside-the-box at all.

On 5/9/2018 at 3:57 PM, Bhoop said:

Dude I wish! If that was the case, FE Switch would actually be awesome. But it'll probably be more simplistic waifu bullshit.

Edited by bufkus