• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

[10:52 AM] Athena_57: Hello

[10:52 AM] Athena_57: Could you talk to me here or in thread

[10:52 AM] Athena_57: Cause your case on me is pretty bad

[10:52 AM] Athena_57: And I want to know whether you're sloppy or scummy for it

[10:52 AM] thateclipse: . . .what.

[10:53 AM] Athena_57: You voted me for not doing stuff by quoting a post from 14 hours ago from me when I said I hadnt done everything

[10:53 AM] Athena_57: Which is kind of dumb

[10:53 AM] Athena_57: Given that I've been talking to people since then

[10:53 AM] thateclipse: In four lines, you've convinced me that I've placed my vote in the right place.

[10:54 AM] Athena_57: Mh, okay, could you at least for my sake still answer the question

[10:54 AM] thateclipse: You're ignoring the tonal part of my case. And the four opening lines? Are even more tonally off.

[10:54 AM] thateclipse: You're not going to convince me by saying I'm sloppy/scum.

[10:54 AM] Athena_57: I'm ignoring the tone because I can't defend against it if that's how you feel

[10:55 AM] Athena_57: And even if that's a reason

[10:55 AM] Athena_57: Why was the other part there

[10:55 AM] Athena_57: And I apologize for calling you scum/sloppy

[10:55 AM] Athena_57: But a misrep is either scummy or a mistake

[10:56 AM] thateclipse: Part of OC is actually going out and talking to people, not making a long post in public chat, while using wording that weirds me out.

[10:57 AM] Athena_57: But I am talking to people out of thread

[10:57 AM] Athena_57: And I can do both, I don't see the problem

[10:57 AM] thateclipse: Weird me out with wording?

[10:58 AM] Athena_57: post OC and ITT

[10:58 AM] thateclipse: I'm doing something similar.

[10:59 AM] thateclipse: Except I didn't make a giant post telling people to contact me, complete with weird wording. And luckily, Discord came back before I had to resort to PMing people.

[10:59 AM] Athena_57: That still leaves me wondering why you told me to talk to people when that was already something I was doing

[10:59 AM] thateclipse: So why post telling people to talk to you?

[10:59 AM] thateclipse: Instead of doing it yourself?

[11:00 AM] Athena_57: Because I didn;t really want to talk yet, just woke up and didn;t have much to ask, but if people have questions I can reply

[11:00 AM] thateclipse: If you don't want to talk, then why bother posting that? Again, if you want to chat, go bug people. If you don't want to chat, don't.

[11:01 AM] Athena_57: Like I said, I didnt have questions so I don't approach people, would rather do that later, but I'm there if needed

[11:01 AM] thateclipse: That's not going to convince me. Between that, and what you opened the conversation with, I'm quite happy leaving my vote where it is.

[11:02 AM] Athena_57: I know that

[11:02 AM] Athena_57: But still, I want you to answer my question

[11:03 AM] thateclipse: I already did.

[11:03 AM] Athena_57: You did not. Why did you tell me to talk to people when that was already what I was doing?

[11:04 AM] thateclipse: How is the rest of the game supposed to know that?

[11:04 AM] thateclipse: I had to vote you before you reached out.

NEW MESSAGES

[11:05 AM] Athena_57: You could maybe try to find that out first. In any case, I have my answer as well

I'm not moving my vote, and this is why.  I normally don't post entire OC logs, but this is weirding me out way too much.

Talked to Snike a bit and decided to post this stuff.

[3:54 PM] Snike: so uh what did you say to marth?

[3:55 PM] Shinori: uh

[3:55 PM] Shinori: basically nothing

[3:55 PM] Shinori: sec

[3:55 PM] Shinori: [12:49 AM] bluedoom: Do you think Snike is sus?
[12:51 AM] bluedoom: I feel like him claiming just to undermine amph is sus
[12:51 AM] bluedoom: Given that he retracted his leader claim
[1:01 AM] Shinori: He didn't claim just to undermine amph I feel.
[1:01 AM] Shinori: Like I said I don't think snike was actualy wanting to be a leader
[1:01 AM] Shinori: But more or less stating
[1:01 AM] Shinori: that just because a claime is provable doesn't mean you make it town leader
[1:02 AM] bluedoom: Ah I see
[1:02 AM] bluedoom: I haven't seen the claims only what you've told me
[1:02 AM] bluedoom: Is amph sus?
[1:03 AM] Shinori: Nah I don't think so yet
[1:04 AM] bluedoom: Ah cool
[1:04 AM] bluedoom: Who have you talked to?

[3:55 PM] Shinori: That's literally our entire convo that was private

[3:55 PM] Shinori: anything else was done in the public

4 hours ago, Athena_57 said:

That's not what I was saying, in fact, I'm saying the opposite (I said it would be bad if it wasn't there, but not bad since it WAS there).

I can relate to that sentiment, but felt your reply was overblown. Stuff like "They seem really lackluster and frozen." coming out of nowhere feels off to me regardless of whether it makes sense for you to scumread me.

Thanks for the clarification.

However what you had given at the time of making that post was very weak and the lackluster and frozen comment in regards to you was because I've seen you do much more at the same stage in the game but I think I jumped the gun a bit.

OC has been weird today. I'd like to share a few things but I need a SoCal minute to assemble it. Not much to get hard reads off (some though) of but more observations at the very least

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

Lolok

Hey Evan

What does this even mean and why should anybody take it, or you, seriously for making it? It reads like you're just puffing your chest and inflating your ego, rather than calling someone scummy for doing something that is or isn't (you haven't told us if it's scummy so what even it is) scummy. Why the need to blow hot air when you should be blowing hot reads?

Why are you taking my shade comment like a joke? It wasn't. 

Why did I ask the question about Acid? To create discussion. I wanted other people to give thoughts on Acid so I proposed a question. If I hate something, the immediate conclusion would be to think it's scummy so I don't get why you aren't piecing that together. I was literally voting Acid too so my thoughts should have been clear. 

2 hours ago, dyachei said:

I don't see the huge issue here with athena.

Like to me it seemed like they were pushing back on something evan said. It didn't really seem like they just came in to shade? Evan's response is kind of OMGUS

It may look like OMGUS but the way it happened just sparks that thought regardless of what was actually going on in my head. I had a problem with Athena's posts. I couldn't have cared less who it was on, it was bad and needed to be called out. And while it may not have been intentful shade it definitely was and there are definitely other ways to word yourself. 

1 minute ago, EvanManManMan said:

Why did I ask the question about Acid? To create discussion. I wanted other people to give thoughts on Acid so I proposed a question. If I hate something, the immediate conclusion would be to think it's scummy so I don't get why you aren't piecing that together.

You can dislike things, but not find them to be scummy. Finding something that isn't good, doesn't make it bad.

It's earlygame and votes are more akin to pressure prods rather than dedicated scumreads (if you so strongly find someone to be scum in the first 12 hours of the game, they really flubbed up), so your vote on Acid doesn't fully convey your thoughts without a solid backing as to why your vote is on someone because of specifically stated to be scummy behavior. 

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

The former was about them (evan and acid) just pointing their fingers at each other and shouting about it. Nothing was moving forward between the two of them, despite their rampant complaining about each other. Though honestly, I didn't even look at the votes at that time to see if they were voting eachother. I'll go check that in a sec

The snike thing is more "People like prims have told me that Snike can do no wrong, and I've not seen Snike do stuff like this before

" disingenuous vapid "? Hurtful! I mean everything I say, no matter how pointless!

Acid never said anything about me.  It was one way. I can't tell if this misrep is intentional or not but it's nagl.

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

You can dislike things, but not find them to be scummy. Finding something that isn't good, doesn't make it bad.

It's earlygame and votes are more akin to pressure prods rather than dedicated scumreads (if you so strongly find someone to be scum in the first 12 hours of the game, they really flubbed up), so your vote on Acid doesn't fully convey your thoughts without a solid backing as to why your vote is on someone because of specifically stated to be scummy behavior. 

Whatever? I mean this isn't worth talking about. However what was worth talking about is why I pinged Acid out the way I did, which you misrepresented in the beginning and then proceeded to ignore. Are you trying to be wrong? It feels that way.

2 minutes ago, EvanManManMan said:

Acid never said anything about me.  It was one way. I can't tell if this misrep is intentional or not but it's nagl.

Erm...First was (quoting acid)

9 hours ago, EvanManManMan said:

Does anybody else hate how acid has literally only done this?

Then was (quoting you)

6 hours ago, Athena_57 said:

Does anybody else hate this post?

OH MY GOD

THAT WAS ATHENA NOT ACID

I EVEN QUOTED IT AND I DIDNT NOTICE IT JUST NOW

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't think I've ever so strongly believed in anything, only for it to not even be about the people I thought it was about.

all orange cheese

i can't physically touch it

With my bare fingers

I wear gloves

yea

It's so freakin wierd

Even I don't quite get it

But enough about this wierd thing that's apparently a phobia of orange cheese

@Elieson

Also Elie sucks.

##Unvote

##Vote Killthestory

Timeline:

Earlier today, KTS approached me and Elieson (as in, created a private group chat between the three of us), and, after some inconsequential conversation (i can and will post logs if anyone is curious, but it doesn't relate to the rest of this), came up with this

Spoiler

elijah-Today at 1:38 PM

right, can i ask a favor?

Elieson-Today at 1:39 PM

Even if I said no, I hope you do

elijah-Today at 1:39 PM

please push ct for me

hes a slot with zero information surrounding him

Camdar-Today at 1:39 PM

uh

i'd rather not, really

Elieson-Today at 1:40 PM

hmm

elijah-Today at 1:40 PM

i asked elieson

Elieson-Today at 1:41 PM

I can poke CT but

Camdar-Today at 1:41 PM

i can say that

i have lots of

personal

private

Elieson-Today at 1:41 PM

do you want Cam here to do anything?

surprised you're asking me for favors

information

elijah-Today at 1:41 PM

cam who do you know well?

about CT

including CT's role

elijah-Today at 1:41 PM

ah

okay

nvm

(the joke here, being that i am, in fact, CT075)

Now, I'm not voting KTS for not realizing that "Camdar" and "CT075" are the same slot, but I want to include this part of the conversation to point out that KTS did not realize that there was only one slot here.

Now, shortly afterwards, we were given our "assignment":

Spoiler

elijah-Today at 1:42 PM

you two should solve ampharos and iris collectively then

Elieson-Today at 1:43 PM

I'm engaged in both somewhat, Iris moreso in case you aren't thread-reading

Camdar-Today at 1:43 PM

i've been talking with iris

amp contacted me privately

elijah-Today at 1:44 PM

of course he/she/they did

Camdar-Today at 1:44 PM

you told them to, i hear

elijah-Today at 1:45 PM

the two most vocal players

is your job

give me firm reads on them, and we can work from there

Immediately after this part of the conversation, what do you know? Both Amp and Iris came to me privately, admitting that they were asked by KTS to come "solve" my slot. I've also heard through the grapevine that KTS has been doing this to many other groups as well.

Now, I'm not sure about anybody else, but to me, making private groups and asking them to investigate each other (without really caring to scumhunt on their own, from the sounds of the conversation) is suspicious as fuck and reeks of trying to create factions/voting blocks turned against each other. And I'm inclined to believe that the plan wasn't to have two groups attempt to "solve" each other directly, but that instead there was some kind of fuckup involving "CT075" and "Camdar", which is why I'm saying anything at all.

1 hour ago, Snike said:

on: wagon. I think it's kinda ok on the first half.

Brooke wanted to prove role so etc.

i think the in thread looks like a kinda catch by sb so his voting me looks ok.

i'd like to think we dealt with that in oc last night but i'm not certain given no vote shifts.

that being said i do take issue with the  last 2 votes, Refa less so than Marth.

refa at least had the excuse around that time in chat he said he ran out of scumreads but marth has not said a word to me nor have I heard much abiut him.

##Unvote

##Vote: Marth.

currently contemplating the ethics of an elie vote. I'm a little hesitant about Evan but I trust yolo and iris and elie was nullish to me. To chew, or not to chew?

would also be interested in what people think about cam rn.

What gives you your thoughts on me?

4 minutes ago, CT075 said:

##Unvote

##Vote Killthestory

Timeline:

Earlier today, KTS approached me and Elieson (as in, created a private group chat between the three of us), and, after some inconsequential conversation (i can and will post logs if anyone is curious, but it doesn't relate to the rest of this), came up with this

Hide contents

Now, I'm not voting KTS for not realizing that "Camdar" and "CT075" are the same slot, but I want to include this part of the conversation to point out that KTS did not realize that there was only one slot here.

Now, shortly afterwards, we were given our "assignment":

Hide contents

Immediately after this part of the conversation, what do you know? Both Amp and Iris came to me privately, admitting that they were asked by KTS to come "solve" my slot. I've also heard through the grapevine that KTS has been doing this to many other groups as well.

Now, I'm not sure about anybody else, but to me, making private groups and asking them to investigate each other (without really caring to scumhunt on their own, from the sounds of the conversation) is suspicious as fuck and reeks of trying to create factions/voting blocks turned against each other. And I'm inclined to believe that the plan wasn't to have two groups attempt to "solve" each other directly, but that instead there was some kind of fuckup involving "CT075" and "Camdar", which is why I'm saying anything at all.

This is why I haven't spoke to KTS lul

##Vote: Eclipse

The logs are posted by her above, she used an old post from the chat from me from when I hadn't spoken to people yet without bothering to check whether it's even true anymore to tell me this:

46 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The reason why I wanted to reread the public chat thread was to make sure I wasn't taking this out of context:

The additional context is a whole lot of nothing.  You're pushing people in-thread, yet (apparently) not doing anything in OC.  If you want to talk to people, go start up a conversation.

##Vote: athena_57

From the chat I had with her I gathered she did not care this was a misrep. I can get being stubborn on a toneread, but not acknowledging a (perhaps unintentional) misrep, but doubling down on it is just weird af. Maybe I just need to cool down and sleep on it, but for now my vote is here.