CYL3 winners predictions

Midnox

I don't know how part of the last page turned into arguing over Camilla. The only thing I'm going to say about her is that I'm not a fan of her personality. Not a fan of obsessive, yandere types and in my opinion Camilla doesn't really have enough depth or good sides in her supports to pull me back. Despite not liking Tharja's interactions with the avatar and the support between Noire and her father that describes Tharja, I've actually found that I'm okay with other aspects of Tharja and so she has pulled me back recently. Camilla hasn't been able to do that between any of her game supports or supplemental materials.

If CYL3 polling is released before Three Houses, then the Three Houses characters probably won't be on it. If they are, though ... I expect to see Edelgard and Claude pretty high up, if not number 1 girl and at least number 2 boy.

But assuming the Three Houses cast won't be in ... Camilla and Eirika are in an interesting spot right now. Remember what happened with Tharja, where she was still popular but inexplicably fell to top 10 in the midterms? It's not impossible for that to happen to Camilla. Or maybe Tharja will make a comeback while Camilla falls, or they both end up taking top 1 or 2. Loki, Laevateinn, and Laegjarn are also possible, considering that the former two scored highly, the last one is very popular, and Veronica was runner up this year. Eirika might do decently, but it's also possible that people don't want her to get another alt (especially if they expect a legendary hero version of her) and so she'll be high up but not high enough.

(Since the other half of page two's argument was on Laegjarn, I might as well give my opinions on her too. At first I thought she was interesting, but that probably speaks more to the poor quality of villains we've had up until then. Maybe one reason she gets less flak than Xander is because she hasn't been around as long as he has, and because Heroes' story is a bit more forgettable, especially with the rate it had been released over the summer. And because she's a girl, but Xander does have a big fanbase despite his detractors so all is forgiven if you're pretty I guess.)

Marth's definitely going to score high on the guys' side, if not score number one. I think the biggest issue is his split votes, though. Western players who haven't played FE12, or just prefer Marth as he was in FE11, will vote for FE11!Marth, while I've heard that many Japanese people prefer FE12!Marth. At the very least, Marth is definitely getting torn apart by both of his versions being equally desirable. Alm might also score decently, depending on how much of his support was due to being most recent FE guy and if it will continue to stick around now. Reinhardt ... I'm not really sure. The fact that he got all the way up to 5th place for guys was a big enough surprise. He may not be the most OP thing anymore, but he's still plenty powerful, and I'm sure he's gained popularity through Heroes. He will likely place decently again, but I don't know if he will actually be top two. Chrom probably doesn't have a chance anymore.

Hrid gets his own paragraph because I think this might be a bit of an important note. While it's possible for him to be top two for guys, I think it'll be more likely for him to place if he's playable. The male OCs generally don't score as highly as the female ones do in the polls, and the playable Askrs and Nifl crew actually didn't do as well as the bad guys. Even if people think Hrid is cool, I think if he doesn't become playable people become less attached to him and they'll want to vote in someone they actually use and know more about. And even if he is playable, he still has to beat out more popular characters.

Edited by Sunwoo

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So since we've two Brave sets of color symmetry, I'd expect the 3rd to also adhere to this. In which case, what may we be dealing with? 

Now I know they've been inventing weapons out of nothing for some Braves, but so far only one per banner, so let's keep to that.

Marth: Falchion again could be boring. Mercurius could be better if he had to go sword, as an FE1 reference where it was locked to him. Wing Spear to reference Caeda, or Gradivus to allude to his pal Emperor Brodin would be his Blue options. Blue Tome as in Starlight would be a surprise. Marth's only viable Green option would be an Excalibur variant in reference to Merric. Colorless could see him bring the Aum Staff. As long as he has the Binding Shield as a skill. 

Camilla: Daddy Garoony's Bolverk, the Aurgelmir, and Excalibur are her Green choices. Swiping Siegfried or Brynhildr from her bros give her good Red picks, or maybe even Yato or Ganglari. Bifrost is a Colorless possibility. I can't see a good Blue for her.

Eirika: Well all but Latona of the SS Sacred Twins are in, well no "Sacred Excalibur", but we still have plenty of Excal. Thankfully, Broy says she can just bring a better version of a preexisting weapon, so the sky is the limit with her- any color or type.

Micaiah: She seems quite restricted in what she could get. Rexaura would be Blue Tome again, Balberith for Red Tome, I doubt. Staff is most likely. Dagger as in borrowing from Sothe? Possible. Steal Ragnell from Ike? Too weird.

Alm: Luna, Sol, Astra- Bow, Lance, Sword. A horse, Kriemhild, and Angel Ring as a skill for a double familial reference sounds kinda fun too. Celica's Golden Dagger or Seraphim since she stole his Royal Sword? The one color I can't see him getting is Green.

Tharja: No limits really. Blue with a stolen Thoron? Colorless with Noire's Bow? A Scroll from her reincarnation?

Chrom: Like The Tharj, no real limits. FE13 invented practically no new legendary weapons, this is a reason why.

Reinhardt: By Heim almighty, please don't give him Mjolnir- please keep to Jugdral's "Holy Weapons for Major Holy Blooded only!" rule! No idea what he'd get then, outside of Olwen, Ishtar, and Kempf the nobody, he has no real connections to anyone. Red with the Blessed Sword he gives Olwen?

Low Key, Lajam, Leavenbread, etc.: OCs are I'd say guaranteed to get a brand new weapon, which can be any color and any type.

Long story condensed, there are practically no restrictions on who could get what color, when so many are so flexible.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't know how part of the last page turned into arguing over Camilla. The only thing I'm going to say about her is that I'm not a fan of her personality. Not a fan of obsessive, yandere types and in my opinion Camilla doesn't really have enough depth or good sides in her supports to pull me back. Despite not liking Tharja's interactions with the avatar and the support between Noire and her father that describes Tharja, I've actually found that I'm okay with other aspects of Tharja and so she has pulled me back recently. Camilla hasn't been able to do that between any of her game supports or supplemental materials.

If CYL3 polling is released before Three Houses, then the Three Houses characters probably won't be on it. If they are, though ... I expect to see Edelgard and Claude pretty high up, if not number 1 girl and at least number 2 boy.

But assuming the Three Houses cast won't be in ... Camilla and Eirika are in an interesting spot right now. Remember what happened with Tharja, where she was still popular but inexplicably fell to top 10 in the midterms? It's not impossible for that to happen to Camilla. Or maybe Tharja will make a comeback while Camilla falls, or they both end up taking top 1 or 2. Loki, Laevateinn, and Laegjarn are also possible, considering that the former two scored highly, the last one is very popular, and Veronica was runner up this year. Eirika might do decently, but it's also possible that people don't want her to get another alt (especially if they expect a legendary hero version of her) and so she'll be high up but not high enough.

(Since the other half of page two's argument was on Laegjarn, I might as well give my opinions on her too. At first I thought she was interesting, but that probably speaks more to the poor quality of villains we've had up until then. Maybe one reason she gets less flak than Xander is because she hasn't been around as long as he has, and because Heroes' story is a bit more forgettable, especially with the rate it had been released over the summer. And because she's a girl, but Xander does have a big fanbase despite his detractors so all is forgiven if you're pretty I guess.)

Marth's definitely going to score high on the guys' side, if not score number one. I think the biggest issue is his split votes, though. Western players who haven't played FE12, or just prefer Marth as he was in FE11, will vote for FE11!Marth, while I've heard that many Japanese people prefer FE12!Marth. At the very least, Marth is definitely getting torn apart by both of his versions being equally desirable. Alm might also score decently, depending on how much of his support was due to being most recent FE guy and if it will continue to stick around now. Reinhardt ... I'm not really sure. The fact that he got all the way up to 5th place for guys was a big enough surprise. He may not be the most OP thing anymore, but he's still plenty powerful, and I'm sure he's gained popularity through Heroes. He will likely place decently again, but I don't know if he will actually be top two. Chrom probably doesn't have a chance anymore.

Hrid gets his own paragraph because I think this might be a bit of an important note. While it's possible for him to be top two for guys, I think it'll be more likely for him to place if he's playable. The male OCs generally don't score as highly as the female ones do in the polls, and the playable Askrs and Nifl crew actually didn't do as well as the bad guys. Even if people think Hrid is cool, I think if he doesn't become playable people become less attached to him and they'll want to vote in someone they actually use and know more about. And even if he is playable, he still has to beat out more popular characters.

With respect to Laegjarn, I think that she gets less flak than Xander since this is a mobile game and so I generally don't think people take the story very seriously. I certainly know I don't. FEH just doesn't carry the same weight and expectations as a regular installation to the franchise when it comes to things like that. Meanwhile, the advertisement campaign surrounding Fates emphasized the story and characters, so, if people found those deficient, they have a reasonable basis for offering vocal complaints.

As for Hrid, I consider him extremely unlikely. I haven't seen any evidence that he's that popular, and I found him so forgettable that I actually had to look up who he was. He doesn't have any particular quirks that would attract people to him. He hasn't established himself as an interesting or different character. I think that Bruno is a much better possibility, but even Bruno seems like an extreme longshot. Is there any evidence or reason to suggest that Hrid is popular enough to compete with Marth, Chrom, or Robin?

13 minutes ago, Astellius said:

As for Hrid, I consider him extremely unlikely. I haven't seen any evidence that he's that popular, and I found him so forgettable that I actually had to look up who he was. He doesn't have any particular quirks that would attract people to him. He hasn't established himself as an interesting or different character. I think that Bruno is a much better possibility, but even Bruno seems like an extreme longshot. Is there any evidence or reason to suggest that Hrid is popular enough to compete with Marth, Chrom, or Robin?

Realistically, I don't think Hrid is all that likely either. But I wouldn't have considered Loki or Laevateinn to climb the ranks so quickly either, so I'm not throwing out any possibility. Like ... I would not have expected Loki or Laevateinn to score higher than Tharja, for example, and I think at least one of them beat out f!Corrin and f!Robin? So I think there is a shred of evidence.

Hrid is definitely not beating out Marth for sure. As for Chrom or Robin, I think that depends. Chrom fell behind Reinhardt, Marth, and Ephraim. Marth may have been expected, but losing to Ephraim (who was initially ranked lower than Chrom), and Reinhardt (whose game is obscure and is popular through Heroes) may be a sign that he doesn't have as much lasting power as he used to. Robin stayed kind of consistent, didn't he?

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Realistically, I don't think Hrid is all that likely either. But I wouldn't have considered Loki or Laevateinn to climb the ranks so quickly either, so I'm not throwing out any possibility. Like ... I would not have expected Loki or Laevateinn to score higher than Tharja, for example, and I think at least one of them beat out f!Corrin and f!Robin? So I think there is a shred of evidence.

Hrid is definitely not beating out Marth for sure. As for Chrom or Robin, I think that depends. Chrom fell behind Reinhardt, Marth, and Ephraim. Marth may have been expected, but losing to Ephraim (who was initially ranked lower than Chrom), and Reinhardt (whose game is obscure and is popular through Heroes) may be a sign that he doesn't have as much lasting power as he used to. Robin stayed kind of consistent, didn't he?

Fair enough, but none of that is really any evidence that Hrid himself is popular, or that he could pull off a feat like Loki. You could just as easily sub in the names "Alfonse" or "Surtr" to the same effect, but nobody really thinks that either of those guys stands a chance. I haven't seen any evidence that Hrid is especially popular, so it seems especially out there for me. If an OC were to make top 2 on the male side, I would think it to be Bruno, but even that seems unlikely.

And yeah, Robin was pretty consistent in his popularity, and he might be more popular now than he was then, since he got his Grima form. Chrom might get a popularity boost from being included in Smash.

Maybe it's just me looking around in the wrong places, but I seem to remember a decent number of people liking Hrid (or at least his appearance) and wanting him to be playable. But you're right that doesn't exactly translate to possibility, or being top two in a popularity poll. The OC guys don't really seem to do as well as the OC girls, and the good guys fare even worse. At this point, I'm not even sure if Bruno will be able to beat out Marth, Alm, Reinhardt, Chrom, or Robin. I don't know if he will even beat out the Fates bros. It seems like, for some reason, amongst the guys the popular established characters do better, but the girls' half is a lot more ... fluid. And the OCs have a fighting chance.

Possibly, although I'm still not 100% sure. Chrom would have to be like super OP, maybe the most powerful character in Smash, to receive a popularity growth that big, since he is already known in Smash as "that guy in Robin's smash who gets dunked on in that one Pit's Guidance", and people already familiar with Awakening have known him for years already.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The OC guys don't really seem to do as well as the OC girls, and the good guys fare even worse.

Remember that in the first voting guantlet, Sharena was the 3rd most popular character, getting more points than Ephraim.

It's not being new or a protagonist that's the problem; it's that we got to know them, got to use them as units and found them underwhelming.

Re: Laegjarn, she at least is consistent in her portrayal. There aren’t two Laegjarns as there are two Xanders.

3 hours ago, Lemmy said:

Remember that in the first voting guantlet, Sharena was the 3rd most popular character, getting more points than Ephraim.

The first gauntlet was in March 2017. A year and a half later, Sharena hasn’t got any character development beside “We can’t eat hay, brother”.

Marth and Alm for guys. I don't think there's any way Marth won't be one of them. He should just get an alternate outfit now tbh. Like, why get rid of both versions of a character after they win if you don't even count their votes together? Dumb. As for girls, probably Eirika, Camilla, Loki, or Azura.

For the probable winners, I'm going with Marth and either Chrom/Alm/Reinhardt for the men's division and Eirika and Loki for the women's.

Marth was cheated out of his CYL2 win so he'll get a lot of support. Men's #2 is harder to predict but I think Alm is highly likely to match up with Celica winning. Chrom is also highly ranking and has his playable Smash debut. Reinhardt only has a chance if his meme power stays strong. For women, Eirika is likely for the same reason as Marth (she lost because she got an alt while voting was still being done) and her fans (Ephraim fans included) will want a rematch. Loki will likely win for filling a fanservice role and for having the strongest presence in the story (which before was Veronica). Laegjarn is probably the best written female OC at this point, but her appearances are too sporadic to gain enough fandom.

Who I'd want to win, with somewhat realistic chances, would be Marth/Eliwood/Micaiah/Laegjarn

On 8/24/2018 at 7:25 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

I see her win a lot of polls but I don't really get it. Not only is she a fairly run of the mill Camus, but the Camus she has most in common with is the much maligned Xander. Its not liker her dad is any better then Garon. 

On 8/24/2018 at 7:40 AM, Tybrosion said:

He's honestly worse than Garon at this point, as up to this point we haven't been given any proof that Surtr wasn't always a murderous despot.

And yeah, Laegjarn is pretty much female Xander yet gets none of the shit that he does. Instead, she's widely loved for reasons I don't understand and do not want to understand.

Too bad, you're getting a learnin'

The way I see it is, Laegjarn is a consistently written character who 'supports' an evil tyrant but doesn't have any illusions about said tyrant being a good guy. The key difference between Surtr and Garon is, Surtr is an immortal fire god and Garon (as far as Xander is aware) is just an old man with an axe. Defeating Surtr is almost inconceivable, and Laegjarn would be used to that reality. It's also suggested by Helbindi that Muspell has always been a brutal society, which further establishes that the way Surtr behaves isn't something new that should be rebelled against.

Xander supports Garon even though he knows it's wrong, but simultaneously doesn't think Garon is evil. He constantly flip-flops on this. Even though Garon openly admits he wants Corrin to suffer and die, Xander cooperates with him, which is something I can't imagine Laegjarn doing if her sister were in danger. Laegjarn has all the positive traits of Xander (mostly seen in supports) but not all the bad ones.

Concerning Selena who has also been mentioned, I find her a more credible Camus as well. Selena was raised out of poverty and had her entire life defined by Vigarde. That's a credible excuse for her to follow him with absolute loyalty, and unlike Garon who is constantly talking about torturing and killing his children, Vigarde is simply colder than the way Selena once knew him. If I recall correctly, almost no one in Grado knew that Lyon was pulling the strings or that he was possessed by the demon king. 

Edited by NekoKnight

On 8/23/2018 at 5:48 PM, Drakhis said:

I don't understand why there is so much hatred towards Camilla, especially with her last alt where she's not mean to be seductive, but rather calm.

while I can't speak for everyone, I hate camilla for what she represents in the minds of the developers. In that she is a waifu first and a character second. Like the developers are more concerned with otaku fetish pandering than writing an actually good character and that bothers me. I mean I'm all down for waifus as well as some fun and sexy fanservice now and again but I hate it when it's done at the expense of the writing quality. Like I realize there are people out there who like camilla for reasons other than her pandering nature but I can't help but not shake the feeling that the reason she does so well on these popularity polls is because of dem titties or if it isn't I assume that's the reason the devs thinks she's so popular and are willing to make more characters like that and I hate it. 

Anyway Camilla aside I do see Laegjarn, her sister, and as much as I loathe to admit it Loki doing pretty well on this CYL though when it comes to the female poll it's a lot harder to predict who will come out on top due different taste in waifus I suppose.

Though the male side of things is a lot easier to predict. I see, as stated before by others, Robin, Alm, Hrid, and even alphonse doing pretty well.

Edited by Otts486

32 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

while I can't speak for everyone, I hate camilla for what she represents in the minds of the developers. In that she is a waifu first and a character second. Like the developers are more concerned with otaku fetish pandering than writing an actually good character and that bothers me. I mean I'm all down for waifus as well as some fun and sexy fanservice now and again but I hate it when it's done at the expense of the writing quality. Like I realize there are people out there who like camilla for reasons other than her pandering nature but I can't help but not shake the feeling that the reason she does so well on these popularity polls is because of dem titties or if it isn't I assume that's the reason the devs thinks she's so popular and are willing to make more characters like that and I hate it. 

For me, in the idea of the developers, Camilla represents the big sister, and that's the role she plays. In Fate, only her look is meant to be attractive. She just loves her family and will do everything for them. When she sees a conflict between two members of her family, she is lost. Even her sexy appearance compensated by her actions: when she exposes herself, she acts as an over-protective big sister? She has no evil thoughts in the game and acts the same way with Xander, Leo, Elise and the Avatar. The otaku fetish that she represents does not interfere with the writing of her personality. She rarely acts in a sexy way in the game. I think she is one of the best characters of fates, not because of her body, but because it is precisely well written. What you say sticks more with Loki.

37 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

Anyway Camilla aside I do see Laegjarn, her sister, and as much as I loathe to admit it Loki doing pretty well on this CYL though when it comes to the female poll it's a lot harder to predict who will come out on top due different taste in waifus I suppose.

Though the male side of things is a lot easier to predict. I see, as stated before by others, Robin, Alm, Hrid, and even alphonse doing pretty well.

Precisely, that’s my beef with her always being so high. Just seen this video to try to find out why she’s so popular to always get over top 5 in every CYL so far

My conclusion? She’s popular because of b00bz. For real, I would believe any argument about her personality and gameplay wise, if:

1-Like you’ve mentioned, the developers ACTUALLY plays on her actual virtues. But nope, just tities, and is evident with all of her alts, and the cutscenes in the video above

2-She’s clearly powerful gameplay wise evidently, but it’s not like powerful ladies are endangered in the franchise 

3-Personality and backstory. Not bad, but again, nothing revolutionary in the franchise 

4-And this one hurts everything overall, Fates basis in creating characters was following the modern anime cliches checklist, plus the game is known for it’s weak writing 

So yeah: tities. That’s her only stand out. She otherwise offers nothing other FE maidens haven’t done before. In fact, let’s compare her to the other two notorious  fanservices:

1-Tharja: Her Token Evil Teammate being clearly her main trait is a huge plus she has over Camilla, and is refreshing 

2-Loki: you may detest Loki as well for the same reason, and she doesn’t do anything other villains haven’t done before. But unlike Camilla, other than her default art, she isn’t in every scene she appears just displaying her tits, she instea makes you more and more aware that she’s a threat, and extremely dangerous, and her tits being used as a distracting first impression.

So, yeah, even her fellow fanservices at least bring something else than just tits, and their tits are a complement, not their main quirk, unlike Camilla. That’s why, if Any of them has a chance on defeating Camilla next CYL, I’ll give all my votes to them

13 minutes ago, Midnox said:

So, yeah, even her fellow fanservices at least bring something else than just tits, and their tits are a complement, not their main quirk, unlike Camilla. That’s why, if Any of them has a chance on defeating Camilla next CYL, I’ll give all my votes to them

Please don't vote against someone but FOR someone. If you don't like a character, others have the right to love him. Vote for someone you like, even if he does not have a chance to win, please. Imagine someone doing the same thing with your favorite character.

. . .really.

For those of us that give a shit about Fates gameplay, Camilla is ridiculous.  She's promoted, has good base stats, hits both Def and Res, and flies.  In terms of non-utility OP-ness, I think the only female characters that can match her are Titania and Robin (the latter of which gets Galeforce for herself and her kids). . .and Robin takes a few levels to warm up.  If she's paired up with a guy that she can have babies with, the modifiers she passes are perfect for a front-line physical fighter - granted, it won't be as specialized as Charlotte, but it's good for someone who wants a little bit of everything.

Camilla's good out of the box, and just gets better as the game goes on.  The EXP nerf she gets from being promoted doesn't hinder her that much - she can be benched for a few chapters, re-enter the fray, and still stomp the game flat.

@NekoKnight Look, while I like Xander (given my blatant Conquest bias) he is also still the same to me as every other Camus: a complete dumbass. If there ever was a character archetype that needs to die in FE, it's that one.

As far as Laegjarn is concerned, I find she doesn't do or say anything radically different enough from past Camus types for me to give a remote shit about her especially since she isn't one that's likely to become playable outside of a possible CYL3. So with that in mind, all she is to me at the end of the day is an annoying fly kinda the like the two sky knights Xander effortlessly swats away in that one Warriors cutscene that needs swatting about every other story chapter.

What do you hate about the Camus archetype? The fact that they are human cause they don't hate their soldiers? The fact that they are loyal to their nation? For Laegjarn we have to wait, maybe she's not a Camus archetype but a Lorenz archetype. If Laevatein comes with us, Laegjarn will certainly come too, so it's more Lorenz than Camus.

58 minutes ago, Midnox said:

My conclusion? She’s popular because of b00bz. For real, I would believe any argument about her personality and gameplay wise, if:

1-Like you’ve mentioned, the developers ACTUALLY plays on her actual virtues. But nope, just tities, and is evident with all of her alts, and the cutscenes in the video above

2-She’s clearly powerful gameplay wise evidently, but it’s not like powerful ladies are endangered in the franchise 

3-Personality and backstory. Not bad, but again, nothing revolutionary in the franchise 

4-And this one hurts everything overall, Fates basis in creating characters was following the modern anime cliches checklist, plus the game is known for it’s weak writing 

I'm sure your "conclusion" is very well-researched. How do you square it with the fact that Camilla is a popular character with (straight) female players? You can go back and dig through old threads on the Fates boards here and find plenty of female Camilla fans. Camilla is my wife's favourite character, by the way.

She is indeed extremely powerful gameplaywise; Eclipse covered that point well.

Her personality/backstory is actually fairly unique in the franchise. "Revolutionary" would going a bit far but Camilla has a number of traits that aren't normally seen in FE women; she's got a messed-up past and is violently overprotective. Her design also sticks out, and not just because she's busty; she's got gorgeous hair and looks like a powerful warrior woman who could carve a foe in two with her axe. Demure, kind, petite young women are a dime a dozen in FE; Camilla is very far from that, so a lot of players gravitate to her.

As I said before and as you ignored before, Fates being "known for weak writing" is not a universal opinion and generally does not extend to its cast, which, along with Awakening, is one of the two most popular Fire Emblem casts as seen in Choose Your Legends.

God bless you, Eclipse.

Can you take the Camilla hate somewhere else please? I love Camilla, so it's rather irritating to see all this.

If I had to choose my top two from both sides, after a long, arduous process...

Males: 1) Marth 2) Eliwood

Females: 1) Micaiah 2) Camilla

47 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

What do you hate about the Camus archetype? The fact that they are human cause they don't hate their soldiers? The fact that they are loyal to their nation? For Laegjarn we have to wait, maybe she's not a Camus archetype but a Lorenz archetype. If Laevatein comes with us, Laegjarn will certainly come too, so it's more Lorenz than Camus.

It's the whole "yeah I'm 100% willing to die for my country even though we are so obviously in the wrong and/or have a sociopath for a ruler" trait they all share that makes me want to drink. I'm not sure whether I should be amused or highly irritated that Heroes lampshades the appalling lack of common sense they all share.

Spoiler

FeKl5T8.png?1

I like cute girls. Don't care about personalities. Though I'm not into Camilla and Tharja since they're not my type as they're kinda goth looking and give me the jeepers with their yandereism. Not that that's a bad thing. Just that that combination turns me off. While I say I like attractive women, it doesn't mean that I'm a fan of a certain character. I find female Corrin attractive, especially that new Cipher artwork of her in a kimono, but I still find her personality to be, let's just say not something nice. I just find X character attractive and that's it. Call me shallow or whatever?

What I'm trying to say is if people like a character for whatever reason, let them like it. I know I probably have no right to say this as I was a dick in the past towards Camilla and Tharja fans. For that I apologize.

32 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It's the whole "yeah I'm 100% willing to die for my country even though we are so obviously in the wrong and/or have a sociopath for a ruler" trait they all share that makes me want to drink. I'm not sure whether I should be amused or highly irritated that Heroes lampshades the appalling lack of common sense they all share.

Reveal hidden contents

FeKl5T8.png?1

Ishtar was blinded by love and choose to follow her love, but not her moral sense. She regrets afterward and she is right, but again for love, it's not crazy to do that.

Laegjarn is even more legitimate because she has no choice or envy. The life of her sister depends on her actions. if she did what she wanted, she would be just a horrible person.

For Xander regrets his old father, I do not know many people who will fill his father even if he goes crazy.

I'm not saying they're right, but it's normal and human reactions.

12 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I like cute girls. Don't care about personalities. Though I'm not into Camilla and Tharja since they're not my type as they're kinda goth looking and give me the jeepers with their yandereism. Not that that's a bad thing. Just that that combination turns me off. While I say I like attractive women, it doesn't mean that I'm a fan of a certain character. I find female Corrin attractive, especially that new Cipher artwork of her in a kimono, but I still find her personality to be, let's just say not something nice. I just find X character attractive and that's it. Call me shallow or whatever?

What I'm trying to say is if people like a character for whatever reason, let them like it. I know I probably have no right to say this as I was a dick in the past towards Camilla and Tharja fans. For that I apologize.

It's a video game, I'll fangirl over whoever I want~!  And that should hold true for everyone - if someone thinks Glade is the bee's knees, more power to them.

Attraction is a weird thing - Rule 34 has multiple interpretations, with one of them being "someone out there thinks you're beautiful".  This holds true for video game characters as well.

first of all I'd like to apologize for starting this camilla hate train and derailing the thread. And secondly I don't hate camilla she's a fine character and an excellent unit but I digress. again I must apologize for starting this.

3 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

first of all I'd like to apologize for starting this camilla hate train and derailing the thread. And secondly I don't hate camilla she's a fine character and an excellent unit but I digress. again I must apologize for starting this.

Do not worry, you did not start this hate train, this started on page 1 ^^, now can we go back to the subject of this thread in a happy way? ^^