Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

@Anacybele You wanted Hawkeye to be a super tank having only one merge? Oh, I see that Hawkeye is not the problem here. Threaten Atk and Aether are not good options either.

As a Hawkeye user, I can say he is so capable in combat. I already tanked units like L!Alm and Thrasirs without problems. And Hawkeye can definitely survive Ophelias and Reinhardt.

This is my Hawkeye. He has Naga's blessing (HP+5, Def+5) and Altina's bessing (HP+5, Atk+3). I am even planning to give him Summoner Support if I decide to get Feh Pass someday. I know he will enjoy the extra stats (40 Def/Res without visible buffs sound pretty good for me).

What do you think, @XRay?

xWp1NIB.png

As support unit, I use Lucius with Joyous Lantern + Atk Opening (he doesn't need Spd), or L!Azura in water seasons. If I get a Lucina in the next Hero Fest, I may use her and change his special to Bonfire, Iceberg or Luna... still thinking about it. I always use Bride Fjorm, which can provide healing, or Lucius can also do it in case I use him.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, XRay said:

Then you need to switch Summoner Supports. It is a hassle, but those stats are crucial.

I don't want to though. Frederick has needed it to be a crucial part of my main horse team.

Aether takes too long without BH!Lucina. I would stick with Moonbow or a 3 cool down Special.

Like I said, I plan to eventually get Brave Lucina.

Kaze has Atk Smoke and Chad has Spd Smoke. They are all 4* units.

Right, thanks.

Then I would rebuild M!Corrin as soon as possible. Running 2 can provide a massive all stat +12, or you can adjust it to something like 9/15/13/13 with 2 Drive Spd and Close Guard and Distant Guard Sacred Seals.

Kaden is also another option if you have him, just make sure he does not get Panicked.

It is crucial to have at least one of those support units for the massive stat boosts they provide.

I do have Kaden, so I can try him, yeah.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I did decide I wanted to merge Hawkeye more too, if he proves to be worth it. And I guess he could be since Diovanni just said his does well.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Anacybele You wanted Hawkeye to be a super tank having only one merge? Oh, I see that Hawkeye is not the problem here. Threaten Atk and Aether are not good options either.

As a Hawkeye user, I can say he is so capable in combat. I already tanked units like L!Alm and Thrasirs without problems. And Hawkeye can definitely survive Ophelias and Reinhardt.

This is my Hawkeye. He has Naga's blessing (HP+5, Def+5) and Altina's bessing (HP+5, Atk+3). I am even planning to give him Summoner Support if I decide to get Feh Pass someday. I know he will enjoy the extra stats (40 Def/Res without visible buffs sound pretty good for me).

xWp1NIB.png

As support unit, I use Lucius with Joyous Lantern + Atk Opening (he doesn't need Spd), or L!Azura in water seasons. If I get a Lucina in the next Hero Fest, I may use her and change his special to Bonfire, Iceberg or Luna... still thinking about it. I always use Bride Fjorm, which can provide healing, or Lucius can also do it in case I use him.

What do you think of using Itsuki in AR as an omega tank? He does have high BST but he lacks HP to withstand the new level 6 panic manor unfortunately. I'm using him with DC, Null C disrupt, attack smoke and swift stance 2 but he seems weak to bold fighter armours in mixed team comps. I guess I should just use my Micaiah to snipe them and then have Itsuki do the rest. Or I use Eliwood or Oscar to take out an armour while using galeforce to retreat allowing Itsuki to deal with the rest of the team. 

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

xWp1NIB.png

I thought you hate Lucina. 

Uh, why is my name on the wrong post again? This is the second time I've seen this happen when someone quoted me. o_O

Anyway, I'm not a fan of Lucina at all, no. But if Brave Lucina can help me to not struggle so much in AR, so be it. I don't care about getting to the top of the top in AR, but I'd like to keep my tier high and my rewards good.

23 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Looks fine, as long as he is not trying to tank SK!Alm or QOV!Celica.

I personally lean towards Lull Atk/Def for further damage reduction since Firesweepers do not deal enough damage to make it worth devoting a slot to counter them.

I would also switch the Ploy with a Smoke for a wider and stronger debuff.

29 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Personally, I rather use combat buffs over bonus buffs since bonus buffs can be Panicked and I rather not deal with the extra hassle. But if you do not need to deal with Panic often, bonus buffs are good for countering Blazing nukes.

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then you will also need to accept the fact your super tank will have more issues when trying to tank things. Switching Summoner Support does not take that long in my opinion since you can just auto battle it on Tempest Trials or Chain Challenges, which takes about 30 to 45 minutes with practically little to no effort. Regaining Summoner Support takes even less time since you regain it at twice the speed.

@XRay These are nice tips. I appreciate them. I don't try to tank SK!Alm that often, just when I am sure he is able to defeat him. Normally, Altina when in Vangate Mode deal with them. I also don't have access to Lull skills to fodder at the moment, but double Lull can be a good option. But it's pretty common for me to run into teams that uses Firesweep archers or Staff units, so Null C-Disrupt is doing a good job.

Also, I don't know why Ana is appearing in posts that I did. That's pretty weird... Happened twice in this page.

I dont know how nobody told you that investing in Hawkeye would be a bad idea

But if you were willing to invest in him then hopefully you are willing to invest in CC Vantage miracle Nino?

Unsure how ideal she would be in Astra, but you could run her in light and put your Brave Ike of No Sympathy on Astra instead 👀

@Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I dont know how nobody told you that investing in Hawkeye would be a bad idea

But if you were willing to invest in him then hopefully you are willing to invest in CC Vantage miracle Nino?

Unsure how ideal she would be in Astra, but you could run her in light and put your Brave Ike of No Sympathy on Astra instead 👀

@Anacybele

Brave Ike needs the Res boost more from Eir though.

I don't care for Nino and I'm neutral to Hawkeye. So I don't care to build Nino anymore than she already is.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Brave Ike needs the Res boost more from Eir though.

I don't care for Nino and I'm neutral to Hawkeye. So I don't care to build Nino anymore than she already is.

Spoiler

But your Ike is beyond OP anyway so who cares about 4 extra res ~

I'm aware of the res b00st... there are always work arounds

How can you not care for Nino and be neutral to Hawkeye when Nino is 10 legions better than he is 😭

Also a random question: do you have a CYL Micaiah?

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:
  Reveal hidden contents

How can you not care for Nino and be neutral to Hawkeye when Nino is 10 legions better than he is 😭

That Res boost is probably what helps him so much though. I notice he doesn't perform quite as well in Astra weeks when I've tried to use him there despite the Light blessing.

I don't like Nino and I'm okay with Hawkeye, that's why.

No. I did see if any tickets I got could get me her from the first Hero Fest banner from this anniversary since she's used in FTP strats sometimes, but I didn't get any 5 stars at all from them.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That Res boost is probably what helps him so much though. I notice he doesn't perform quite as well in Astra weeks when I've tried to use him there despite the Light blessing.

No. I did see if any tickets I got could get me her from the first Hero Fest banner from this anniversary since she's used in FTP strats sometimes, but I didn't get any 5 stars at all from them.

Well Nino doesnt like you either so ha

InvEst in CYL Micaiah 

The armor and horse effectiveness are very clutch, aside from the -6 atk/spd debuff

Just now, Arcanite said:

Well Nino doesnt like you either so ha

InvEst in CYL Micaiah 

The armor and horse effectiveness are very clutch, aside from the -6 atk/spd debuff

Except I just said I don't have her...?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Well, I can't now. She's not on any current banners.

Spoiler

if I just told you I know how to read do you think I also would know she's not on any current banners

I'm aware ~ so you'll have to wait for an opportune time 

If I told you Oboro was a good invEstment option would you invEst

Just now, Arcanite said:

Reveal hidden contents

if I just told you I know how to read do you think I also would know she's not on any current banners

I'm aware ~ so you'll have to wait for an opportune time 

If I told you Oboro was a good invEstment option would you invEst

I don't know, it would depend on how good she is.

On 2/11/2020 at 9:49 PM, XRay said:

Instead of continuing to shift the blame on to Hawkeye, you need to understand that you as a player have all the knowledge and information required to beat a defense team. You can preview the entire map layout AND enemy skills before battle. You need to accept the fact that you did not do your due diligence before going into battle.

Are the enemies running debuffs? Do they have Hector: Marqui of Ostia to precharge Reinhardt's Special? Did you provide Hawkeye with enough stats in the first place? You cannot expect a debuffed Hawkeye +1+0 with no Summoner Support and no buff support to tank a pimped out Reinhardt with Dragon Fang.

Well spoken!

On 2/11/2020 at 9:51 PM, Anacybele said:

I've been previewing maps more often these days than I used to, actually.

And no, I've not run into a single Hector of any form yet this season. And yes, I'm always providing buffs to my units.

And yet it's clearly still not enough. You need to look at all skills, and know what they do.

the Hector was just an example. And always providing buffs is in your case most likely a bad idea. Why? The exact same reason your W!Sothis was performing so poorly. You are not paying attention to weapons, skills and structures enough, so when you throw in your unit with buffs, they are getting panicked pretty much 99% of the time since every map has panic is one way or another. And if you just throw in the tank with buffs, you're not getting +6 to all stats, you're getting -6 to all stats AND your tank will probably also be the target of chills. So they will get a -12 or -13 to multiple stats. No one is tanking when they are debuffed to hell and back.

On 2/11/2020 at 10:11 PM, Anacybele said:

No, it's too much information to remember. And what would writing them down do since I'm always going to face different defense teams?

He only has one merge, no flowers. I never have enough flowers to go around. He isn't able to have a summoner support since I've already given another unit that. He has no Ally support. I don't really do ally supports much because they take so damn long to build. His skillset is his prf weapon (but no refine since I can't get enough dew right now), Reposition, Aether, Distant Counter, Null C-Disrupt, and Threaten Atk. ...I forgot to give him a seal. I'm pretty sure that would've helped. 😕 Stupid me.

Though in my defense, I'm pretty sure he had one previously, I just forgot to give it back to him.

Every team has structures, and defense teams have a large amount of overlap concerning structures. Almost all maps have shrines, flier balls tend to have catapults and cavalry schools. Maps with dazzle and firesweep tend to have an infantry school, since Null C disrupt is only for infantry units. This is what you should know and be looking for when starting a match. 

So Hawkeye, who functions as a supertank, has:

- One merge

- No flowers

- No summoner support

- No ally support

- No refine

- No special that he can activate during the first round of combat

- A worthless C skill

- No seal

- A suboptimal IV

So the supertank, who needs stats, and specific skills to work, is missing in total:

- 4 Hp, 4 Atk, 5 Spd, 5 Def, 5 Res from 9 merges and 5 flowers. This could be one more for another 5 flowers.

- 1 atk/spd/def/res from ally support (assuming they are one space apart)

- 5 Hp, 2 atk/spd/def/res from summoner support

- At least 3 atk/def/res but up to 9 atk/def/res when facing a unit with 6/6/6/6 buffs (of 15 atk/def/res when facing someone with bonus doubler or something similar)

- No healing since aether takes ages to activate since he can't double since he has no QR

- An extra 7 def/res on subsequent attacks because of attack smoke, which could debuff other enemies that have yet to attack.

- No double attack, since he has no QR

- No extra 3 res, which in astra is needed.

So your Hawkeye is missing at minimum: 9 Hp, 10 atk, 8 spd, 18 def, 21 res, or at maximum(assuming 6/6/6/6 buffs no bonus doubler on enemy) he is missing: 10 Hp, 17 atk, 9 spd, 25 def, 28 res  and he would be able to double back if the enemy wouldn't have null follow up. 

So yeah of course it's the unit that sucks, and it is not at all your own fault for not paying enough attention and not properly preparing your units. 

How do you think B!Ike would do if he didn't have a seal, had no merges, no ally support and no refine?

On 2/11/2020 at 10:37 PM, XRay said:

So you know what kinds of nukes and builds are the most common, and then you can prepare countermeasures. You will also learn to avoid using certain types of super tanks against certain types of nukes.

+1+0 with no Summoner Support nor Ally Support is extremely crippling on a super tank. A super tank needs those stats to function. I strongly recommend getting him Summoner Support and Ally Support at the bare minimum since those stats are free; for merges and Flowers, I recommend at least +5+5, but if you are short on resources right now, you need to set aside a budget for about a month for the merges and maybe 1 or 2 months for the Flowers.

I recommend Moonbow as his Special to make sure he can kill things. I think Noontime might be okay since he can charge it extremely quickly, but if you really need healing, I would just run Healing Tower (O) instead.

He also needs his Refine since that is essentially Atk/Def/Res +3.

Null C-Disrupt is not necessary on a super tank in my opinion; I would just wall Firesweep nukes instead of trying to kill them since they are not doing as much damage as the really hard hitting nukes. Ideally, you want to run Lull Atk/Spd on the B slot, but f you cannot afford that, I recommend running Guard since it is cheap compared to other options, although it does require Feathers for tier 3. If he does not reach 50+ Spd though, you will probably want to run Quick Riposte on the B slot instead.

For his C slot, I recommend running Atk Smoke. Spd Smoke is also an alternative option to reduce doubles.

For the Sacred Seal, I would go with Distant Def.

If you have not rebuild your M!Corrin yet, I strongly recommend you do so. Alternatively, you can bring Brave Heroes Lucina if you have her so you can run a stronger Special. Aversa is also an option as it helps reduce the impact of nukes with mass debuffs.

I'd go for the Noontime, and at least ally support. And Qr for the seal seems like a good investment. 

She doesn't have her Corrin anymore, because she blamed us for not informing her that Corrin's stat boost required an ally support, even though we did. So then she sent him home for feathers. Because that's a great idea of course.

23 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I don't want to though. Frederick has needed it to be a crucial part of my main horse team.

Like I said, I plan to eventually get Brave Lucina.

Right, thanks.

I do have Kaden, so I can try him, yeah.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I did decide I wanted to merge Hawkeye more too, if he proves to be worth it. And I guess he could be since Diovanni just said his does well.

And how many times do you use your horse team? Cavalry specific quests haven't been here for a while except the monthly ones. Those don't require a summoner supported Fred.

Besides, it's only 10 minutes to re-assign a SS once you've supported them a first time. Literally put B!Ike in one of the daily maps (navarre, robin etc) and put Fred/Hawkeye in the party without a weapon. All enemies suicide on B!Ike and in 40 matches that each take 20 seconds you get an S summoner support.

23 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, why is my name on the wrong post again? This is the second time I've seen this happen when someone quoted me. o_O

Anyway, I'm not a fan of Lucina at all, no. But if Brave Lucina can help me to not struggle so much in AR, so be it. I don't care about getting to the top of the top in AR, but I'd like to keep my tier high and my rewards good.

If only you did the same with Corrin. Instead of feathering him. Don't forget that you have to refine her weapon for the breath effect to work. Otherwise she won;t help as well and you might be disappointed with her and send her home.

4 hours ago, Arcanite said:
  Hide contents

UWEE HEE HEE HEE Yuss yuss yuss! There areses many of uses and we are better than Hawkeyeses

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Just so you know, B!Ike in astra season with a light blessing also means he won't be getting Naga's Hp/Def buffs or Altina's Hp/Str buffs. 

21 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

And yet it's clearly still not enough. You need to look at all skills, and know what they do.

the Hector was just an example. And always providing buffs is in your case most likely a bad idea. Why? The exact same reason your W!Sothis was performing so poorly. You are not paying attention to weapons, skills and structures enough, so when you throw in your unit with buffs, they are getting panicked pretty much 99% of the time since every map has panic is one way or another. And if you just throw in the tank with buffs, you're not getting +6 to all stats, you're getting -6 to all stats AND your tank will probably also be the target of chills. So they will get a -12 or -13 to multiple stats. No one is tanking when they are debuffed to hell and back.

Okay, fair enough. What do I do to prevent all that debuffing?

22 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

And how many times do you use your horse team? Cavalry specific quests haven't been here for a while except the monthly ones. Those don't require a summoner supported Fred.

A lot, actually. My main horse team clears a lot of tough maps for me. And I also use them in arena when one is a bonus unit as well as AA.

23 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Just so you know, B!Ike in astra season with a light blessing also means he won't be getting Naga's Hp/Def buffs or Altina's Hp/Str buffs. 

Yes, I'm aware.

About Hawkeye, I would like to merge him more when I have the resources. I gave him Aether because that skill is a big part of the reason my Brave Ike can withstand so much. He constantly heals. He does have Special Spiral to help him activate it a lot, though, and my Hawkeye lacks that. I guess Sol or Noontime might be better in that case. I do blame myself for forgetting to give him back the seal he previously had (which I'm pretty sure was either QR or Distant Def).

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, fair enough. What do I do to prevent all that debuffing?

A lot, actually. My main horse team clears a lot of tough maps for me. And I also use them in arena when one is a bonus unit as well as AA.

Yes, I'm aware.

About Hawkeye, I would like to merge him more when I have the resources. I gave him Aether because that skill is a big part of the reason my Brave Ike can withstand so much. He constantly heals. He does have Special Spiral to help him activate it a lot, though, and my Hawkeye lacks that. I guess Sol or Noontime might be better in that case. I do blame myself for forgetting to give him back the seal he previously had (which I'm pretty sure was either QR or Distant Def).

- You don't Yeet in your "tank" and hope it works out. 

- You look at all skills, know what they do and if you don't, look it up. 

- You take not of structures and decide which ones need to be removed before you engage.

- You know which structures you can leave standing since they could block enemies or be helpful to you, like an enemy bolt tower could be great for you.

- You have your teams ready with the appropriate skill sets.

- You have units built specifically to support your carry unit, this includes the mythics.

- For example, you build an M!Corrin that has higher STR, def, and Res than B!Ike, so that bright shrine, chill def, chill atk and chill res always target him instead of Ike. So Ike can never get that -7 to his stats. Furthermore, you build your Eir with Life and death so she takes the chill spd. (Example, not optimal chill soak distribution) My Corrin has Higher Str, Spd, Atk and Res than my Nailah, so he just soaks them all. Leaving my other units to support in other ways.

- You look at the map and decide which team to use.

- You look at what kind of team you are facing, and determine the biggest threats.

And regarding the Horse team, as stated, Switching Summoner support takes 10 minutes. It's not an excuse.

And are these points all you decided to reply to? You left out the most important quotes. Great value there I see.

What I still recommend is just starting screen capture and record yourself doing a match. Just the way you play, start recording before you find a match, and just show us how you play. We can see what you do wrong that way. Besides like, all the other things I've been listing already.

19 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

- You don't Yeet in your "tank" and hope it works out. 

- You look at all skills, know what they do and if you don't, look it up. 

- You take not of structures and decide which ones need to be removed before you engage.

- You know which structures you can leave standing since they could block enemies or be helpful to you, like an enemy bolt tower could be great for you.

- You have your teams ready with the appropriate skill sets.

- You have units built specifically to support your carry unit, this includes the mythics.

- For example, you build an M!Corrin that has higher STR, def, and Res than B!Ike, so that bright shrine, chill def, chill atk and chill res always target him instead of Ike. So Ike can never get that -7 to his stats. Furthermore, you build your Eir with Life and death so she takes the chill spd. (Example, not optimal chill soak distribution) My Corrin has Higher Str, Spd, Atk and Res than my Nailah, so he just soaks them all. Leaving my other units to support in other ways.

- You look at the map and decide which team to use.

- You look at what kind of team you are facing, and determine the biggest threats.

And regarding the Horse team, as stated, Switching Summoner support takes 10 minutes. It's not an excuse.

And are these points all you decided to reply to? You left out the most important quotes. Great value there I see.

What I still recommend is just starting screen capture and record yourself doing a match. Just the way you play, start recording before you find a match, and just show us how you play. We can see what you do wrong that way. Besides like, all the other things I've been listing already.

I see. Though I'd be hard pressed to make a unit with higher Def than my Brave Ike. He's sitting on 44 Def.

Building supports takes a long time for me though. Maybe not you guys, but for me for some reason, it's much slower than that.

This other stuff sounds fine though, yeah. Thanks. And yeah, sorry for not giving a better response. I was on my phone at the time and was also not sure how to respond to the other points.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Building supports takes a long time for me though. Maybe not you guys, but for me for some reason, it's much slower than that.

Are you playing in maps that have foes with Lv 35 or above? You can only get supports in maps with this requirement. Maybe that's why.

I normally use TT or Chain Challenges to do it. The Double Hard CC maps have foes with Lv35+, and they are pretty easy.

Try Book 1 Ch 1-2 Hard Chain Challenge. All maps are pretty easy to beat. Or play CC maps that you didn't beat yet.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

11 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Are you playing in maps that have foes with Lv 35 or above? You can only get supports in maps with this requirement. Maybe that's why.

I normally use TT or Chain Challenges to do it. The Double Hard CC maps have foes with Lv35+, and they are pretty easy.

Try Book 1 Ch 1-2 Hard Chain Challenge. All maps are pretty easy to beat. Or play CC maps that you didn't beat yet.

Of course I do. I'm completely aware that I have to kill lv. 35+ units. And sure, I could do something like that, but it's so tedious that I stop after a little while and wait to pick it back up again later. >_<

19 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I want to say that for Summoner Support. The actual unit needs to kill the foes, whiel for unit to unit support thats not the case.

Hey all, I just finished this handsome mercenary:

GX8w1jg.jpg

And I'm wondering if he'd be helpful in AR if I gave him Slaying Edge+ to proc Radiant Aether more or something? I would eventually change his blessing too, though I want to clear the remaining Blessed Grounds maps I've got left, which includes some wind ones.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hey all, I just finished this handsome mercenary:

GX8w1jg.jpg

And I'm wondering if he'd be helpful in AR if I gave him Slaying Edge+ to proc Radiant Aether more or something? I would eventually change his blessing too, though I want to clear the remaining Blessed Grounds maps I've got left, which includes some wind ones.

I wouldn't recommend using Armors, much less low-Res Red Armors in AR.