Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

I was freaking out about Anima/Earth/Water, and ended up not running into anything super-cancerous. I’m 90% relieved, and 10% disappointed...I was admittedly curious as to how I would’ve fared against a map stacked up with Thrasir, Alm, and Azura. Anyway, no deaths on offense and -38 on defense resulted in a T27 finish (13682 Lift).

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have the amount of Divine Codes that AR gives.

Players will be rewarded with Divine Codes based on Rank.

• Rank 1 ~ 1,000: 50 Divine Codes;
  • Rank 1,001 ~ 3,000: 40 Divine Codes;
  • Rank 3,001 ~ 6,000: 36 Divine Codes;
  • Rank 6,001 ~ 10,000: 32 Divine Codes;
  • Rank 10,001 ~ 20,000: 28 Divine Codes;
  • Rank 20,001 ~ 30,000: 24 Divine Codes;
  • Rank 30,001 ~ 50,000: 20 Divine Codes;
  • Rank 50,001 ~ 70,000: 18 Divine Codes;
  • Rank 70,001 ~ 100,000: 16 Divine Codes;
  • Rank 100,001 ~ 300,000: 14 Divine Codes;
  • Rank 300,001 ~ : 12 Divine Codes;

Got cocky only doing four battles this week and so close to being punished with demotion to T20, ended up at like 11040 points.

I thought to myself it'd have been a doddle if I had a defensive Mythic for Astra/Anima season. So I checked the wiki for exactly who those heroes are ...I completely forgot Lif (who I have at +1 and have never fielded) is one of them. Played with fire for no reason.

Edited by Humanoid

6 hours ago, XRay said:

Hopefully, Altina does not win, and if she does win, hopefully there is some delay in handing her out so I get a few more tries to get that Gold Throne.

I think players in tier 25 and higher already got two offensive mythics for each season and an Astra-merge for everyone wouldn't make a big difference. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I think players in tier 25 and higher already got two offensive mythics for each season and an Astra-merge for everyone wouldn't make a big difference. 

No, it won’t. The amount of people that have only 1 astra mythic and will now get two will make a drastic increase. So I understand Xray’s worries. 

I just want altina for the merge, higher lift and MS score increase,  but I do understand that it will enable more people ton score higher

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

No, it won’t. The amount of people that have only 1 astra mythic and will now get two will make a drastic increase. So I understand Xray’s worries. 

I just want altina for the merge, higher lift and MS score increase,  but I do understand that it will enable more people ton score higher

I can say that players with only 1 Mythic Hero can go pretty high in Tiers. I can be used as an example.

I use 2 Mythic Heroes in both seasons. However, sometimes (if not most of) I do not use a bonus unit (two mythic heroes and three blessed heroes that are not a bonus unit). A team with 1 Mythic Hero and 1 bonus unit scores the same as a team with 2 Mythic Heroes and no bonus unit, which is 140.

I can get pretty high with a 140 Team, and almost reached Tier 27 during light seasons sometimes, so I can also understand Xray's worries.

Hm... Maybe I will try running a bonus unit and bless it next week and see if that helps. Kronya will be losing a ton of damage support though, so I guess I will just run two versions of her team, and try to run the bonus team as often as I can if the enemy defense teams are not that powerful.

Edited by XRay

50 minutes ago, XRay said:

Hm... Maybe I will try running a bonus unit and bless it next week and see if that helps. Kronya will be losing a ton of damage support though, so I guess I will just run two versions of her team, and try to run the bonus team as often as I can if the enemy defense teams are not that powerful.

Have you been doing most weeks without a bonus unit?

10 minutes ago, Johann said:

Have you been doing most weeks without a bonus unit?

Yeah. With a bonus unit, Kronya becomes a lot less reliable with only 1 AMH!Hector supporting her. For the past several Astra seasons, I can achieve about 1 or 2 deaths a week, although I still miss some of the Aether Structures, so I could not get that last single Lift battle in on the last day. I have seen less Infantry Pulse teams and my Kronya is at +7+5 now, so she stands a better chance when she does face them.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah. With a bonus unit, Kronya becomes a lot less reliable with only 1 AMH!Hector supporting her. For the past several Astra seasons, I can achieve about 1 or 2 deaths a week, although I still miss some of the Aether Structures, so I could not get that last single Lift battle in on the last day. I have seen less Infantry Pulse teams and my Kronya is at +7+5 now, so she stands a better chance when she does face them.

Are Kronya and Halloween Hector on all of your teams, or do you have more setups?

11 hours ago, Johann said:

Are Kronya and Halloween Hector on all of your teams, or do you have more setups?

I only have 1 Astra team consisting of Kronya, 2 AMH!Hectors, and 2 Nagas. I have a Player Phase team, but it is not meant for scoring and it is just there for Light weeks when I want to take a break or if I really need a win and I cannot afford to forfeit a loss on Astra. I still have plenty of empty team slots left.

I think I will have to dump my Orbs on Altina whenever she comes around, so I feel more comfortable running only 1 AMH!Hector.

— — — — — — —

Yeah, I do not think running a bonus unit is going to be a good idea for performance. Went through 2 Ladders before I got my win. Kronya just does not have enough punch and straight up fails unless the defense map is a no brainer. I am already lugging around two Nagas and she is already just plain crap, and weighing down the team with a third piece of crap seems like the breaking point. This is Light Season, so might be different if Kronya got 2 Altinas during Astra Season so she can afford to lose one 1 AMH!Hector.

I think I will just grab 2 Altinas when she shows up and wait for Naga and Altina to be bonus units. Hope I can still score into top 3,000 then.

With 2 Altinas, I can also build a second Astra team utilizing them as Counter-Vantage Galeforcers. I already have Reyson and a copy of Velouria, so I can slot in a bonus unit there to see if that team setup can handle it. If not, I guess I can just summon an additional Velouria to give Altina nearly instant Galeforce, and just wait for Altina to be a bonus unit. I do feel more comfortable with a Player Phase team, so maybe it might be easier to run a bonus unit there.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

This is probably the funniest defense win I've had in a while.

I liked the Eirs dancing near the end.

If that Kronya had Savage Blow Seal, she would have won that match. Maybe this player forgot to equip it before starting the match.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

9 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I liked the Eirs dancing near the end.

If that Kronya had Savage Blow Seal, she would have won that match. Maybe this player forgot to equip it before starting the match.

Nah, Celica would've been at 1 HP, back up to 31 with the Healing Tower, so she'd still survive the Moonbow. They needed Fierce Stance or Brazen Atk/Def or something.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh RIP I read 5 as 3 because my eyes are worse than your grandparents'.

Ouch!

Yeah. I believe this player probably changed the skillset of another unit, maybe to play Arena Assault, but then forgot to equip whatever seal Kronya had. That Celica and peony would be dead.

Could be the first week to reach T26. Today I was too greedy. Just should have taken the 1 unit loss, still have 2 ladders left and 3 rounds to go. So far I am pretty happy with Leila. Want to invest more in her later on. Also play a bit more risky with Alphonse for scoring. 

I still think the turn limit needs to be increased or removed. I lose more often because I don't have enough turns than because everyone dies. It's stupid. I'd win far more matches if I just had one or two more turns.

Edited by Anacybele

36 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I still think the turn limit needs to be increased or removed. I lose more often because I don't have enough turns than because everyone dies. It's stupid. I'd win far more matches if I just had one or two more turns.

Do you have a Player Phase team? If you do not have one yet, make one.

Bring 3 nukes and 2 Dancers/Singers. You also ideally want one of the nukes to be a Firesweep nuke, so either bring a Firesweep archer or staff unit with Dazzling Staff-Wrathful Staff combo. 

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Do you have a Player Phase team? If you do not have one yet, make one.

Bring 3 nukes and 2 Dancers/Singers. You also ideally want one of the nukes to be a Firesweep nuke, so either bring a Firesweep archer or staff unit with Dazzling Staff-Wrathful Staff combo. 

Those don't work for me in AR. I've tried them in the past before. I also don't have a Firesweep archer.

Another nice match in AR for me.

Hawkeye did a great job, tanking Reinhardt, Veronica and Winter Sothis, while Naga dealt with Legendary Azura and Altina.

In Defense, right now I have 3 Successes and 0 Failures.

I have to train the free Altina, so I can merge her.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Those don't work for me in AR. I've tried them in the past before. I also don't have a Firesweep archer.

Have you practiced using them?

You also do not need a Firesweep archer. I have just mentioned Dazzling Staff-Warthful Staff as an alternative.

You cannot afford to waste time waiting for stall teams to come to you, and a super tank team simply does not have the damage output necessary to take them out quickly.