Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Oh and just something fun: Being a whale might not even get you front page anymore:

This was early monday morning, Levitt is a 14040 player, he lost 1 lift on defense apparently.Screenshot_20201116-222902_Fire_Emblem_H

And later that day, the rest of the whales filled up the last slot. So even whales may lose the bragging rights of being a front pager. Harsh.

Screenshot_20201116-175946.png

It also means I am expecting T27 to become a new benchmark like T21 and when you get there, you don’t reset and can climb further. Maybe starting next book or so.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless I get another defense loss in the next hour, I'm sitting at 13,518 points, which seems securely enough in the top 3k that I don't think even a complete defense loss could knock me out of it.

Lost 78 points on defense, and gained 2,596 on offense out of a maximum of 2,608. Lost 12 points due to deploying Plumeria instead of Naga in three of the eight matches, since Plumeria doesn't have any merges. Naga wasn't very relevant since I used Sharena as my bonus, but most of the time I didn't need the extra help. Still had three spare ladders on hand, even.

Had a funny defense match yesterday where my team cleared out all five attackers in one turn, I don't think I've ever seen that before.

oIcGJjW.jpginyagqw.jpgZumYFmf.jpgtF4HDss.jpgxp0uGAw.jpg8LnZ9D9.jpg

On 11/18/2020 at 11:52 AM, Vicious Sal said:

It also means I am expecting T27 to become a new benchmark like T21 and when you get there, you don’t reset and can climb further. Maybe starting next book or so.

I don't see any point in that, it'd just make T27 the new T21.

30 minutes ago, Othin said:

Unless I get another defense loss in the next hour, I'm sitting at 13,518 points, which seems securely enough in the top 3k that I don't think even a complete defense loss could knock me out of it.

Lost 78 points on defense, and gained 2,596 on offense out of a maximum of 2,608. Lost 12 points due to deploying Plumeria instead of Naga in three of the eight matches, since Plumeria doesn't have any merges. Naga wasn't very relevant since I used Sharena as my bonus, but most of the time I didn't need the extra help. Still had three spare ladders on hand, even.

Had a funny defense match yesterday where my team cleared out all five attackers in one turn, I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Hide contents

oIcGJjW.jpginyagqw.jpgZumYFmf.jpgtF4HDss.jpgxp0uGAw.jpg8LnZ9D9.jpg

I don't see any point in that, it'd just make T27 the new T21.

It would remove a sizeable portion of the current T21 crowd, since there is just around 3.5K people who make T27 weekly. There are easily over 10, maybe 20K people in T21. That's such a bloated pool that it's easily doable to create a new bracket. Not saying it will happen, just saying it would not be unreasonable and not something I wouldn't not put past IS.  
T21 is just the new T11, at a certain part you have a top that is too crowded, so you make a new top. It's how a lot of games with leaderboards function. Creating new restrictions to up the challenge and create a new top spot environment.

21 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

It would remove a sizeable portion of the current T21 crowd, since there is just around 3.5K people who make T27 weekly. There are easily over 10, maybe 20K people in T21. That's such a bloated pool that it's easily doable to create a new bracket. Not saying it will happen, just saying it would not be unreasonable and not something I wouldn't not put past IS.  
T21 is just the new T11, at a certain part you have a top that is too crowded, so you make a new top. It's how a lot of games with leaderboards function. Creating new restrictions to up the challenge and create a new top spot environment.

Who's to say what number is too many?

If they want to further reward people for getting past 13,400, they can just make new "temporary" tiers past T27, probably with smaller point thresholds. If they want to make new "permanent" tiers past T21, they could rework the numbers so those tiers directly follow T21 rather than having a bunch of temporary tiers in the middle, although if that meant a sizeable reward drop for a lot of players it would probably lead to backlash.

Definitely going to hit T21 at this rate - I think i finally perfected my defense as a whole-ass +10 (and fort 5+1 vs my 4+1) army threw itself against mine and only survived with one Nino with 3HP standing. :3c   And fixed *that* particular hole by adding a Close Foil Midori to fix my mage weakness, and I know it works 'cause I've been seeing a bunch of 'Successes' now.

re: making new tiers: this is approaching it from a totally different POV, but i notice on the left hand-side of the rankings (where you scroll and see all the names?) there's still some room above the "top".  Definitely wondering if they'll add some bonus tiers before too long.

17 hours ago, Othin said:

They were helpless against my Cecilia, but I loved this Valbar + Leon x5 team.

@eclipse

On one hand, I'm proud that you recruited Leon/Valbar the proper way!

On the other hand, what is this Bow of Beauty nonsense?  Still, I appreciate the ping, just because whoever did that has a lot more dedication than I do!

I should not be so smug at my defense team continuing to demolish decent offense teams ... here's a picture for any lurkers, god knows i "borrowed" a few defense setups before making this one from scratch. 

The bit that's really working is when transformed!Reyson can fly to the mountain and refresh Hel (offense teams usually put a tank in front of Hel), and Midori does the > rally sigurd > sigurd refreshes her > midori does another attack I can tell they haven't prepared for.

1726067665_Screenshot2020-11-27at2_35_40PM.png.540097646d0c79e1a1586dfd92d058bb.png

I don't want to jinx it, but will be in T21 this season if the trend keeps going that way.  \o/

( slightly off topic: I'm surprised there isn't a Grand Conquests thread on this board. is there a reason why?)

15 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

I should not be so smug at my defense team continuing to demolish decent offense teams ... here's a picture for any lurkers, god knows i "borrowed" a few defense setups before making this one from scratch. 

The bit that's really working is when transformed!Reyson can fly to the mountain and refresh Hel (offense teams usually put a tank in front of Hel), and Midori does the > rally sigurd > sigurd refreshes her > midori does another attack I can tell they haven't prepared for.

1726067665_Screenshot2020-11-27at2_35_40PM.png.540097646d0c79e1a1586dfd92d058bb.png

I don't want to jinx it, but will be in T21 this season if the trend keeps going that way.  \o/

( slightly off topic: I'm surprised there isn't a Grand Conquests thread on this board. is there a reason why?)

You mentioned Sigurd, but I don't see a Sigurd there?

Rally traps can be very effective. Good luck hitting T21!

It looks like the Grand Conquests thread fell out of use and never got moved: 

6 hours ago, Othin said:

You mentioned Sigurd, but I don't see a Sigurd there?

Rally traps can be very effective. Good luck hitting T21!

It looks like the Grand Conquests thread fell out of use and never got moved: 

Ah, thank you for digging that up, and likewise for the kind words! ❤️

(Eldigan, I meant him, my apologies.  I can't remember FE4 names very well. )

Currently sitting at 13,520 lift. I think the threshold for a gold throne is about 13,500, so as long as I don't get another complete loss, I should be good.

Last night's -40 defense was my only lift lost so far this season, but awkwardly, it was almost exactly 21 hours before the end of the season. So there's one hour of vulnerability, just a question of if I can make it through that.

9 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Today played AR for the first time after Plumeria's debut.I had demoted to T17 and I really don't mind it. Taking it easy was something I wanted to do anyway before I started going back to "hardcore" AR (T21+). 

Once you hit Tier 21, it actually is not that difficult to maintain. Getting to 21 from 20 is a lot more difficult than maintaining 21. Getting a Gold Throne is also challenging, but if you are just aiming to rank well, then hitting Tier 23 or 24 every week is actually pretty easy. If you have a proper BH!Ike super tank team, hitting Tier 26 is pretty easy too, and hitting Tier 27 is doable if you do not mind the challenge of running a bonus unit.

Today got from 17 to 18 really easily. Leila and BEdelgard in Astra and triple mythic FIke in light carried me weekly to somewhere around T25 before I stopped AR so I am fine I think as far as Offense goes. 

I am wondering if my defence teams need updating though. Until I go back to T21 I will have a picture of how they are holding up. 

Surprised at how easy the climb is being from T21 to T22, not even trying and almost there despite a shitty defense week. 

I'm low key actually building the Askr bonus units as reposition support now after seeing how amazing Zihark has been as a bonus scorer never mind supertanking Thrasir/Edelgard like it's nobody's business.  Nice thing about Askr crew is that I actually have them, unlike Altina or any Astra mythic. x.x   Repo, various support skills, and juuust enough attack to kill a low HP straggler or go break some pots ... they'll be useful.

4 hours ago, kradeelav said:

Surprised at how easy the climb is being from T21 to T22, not even trying and almost there despite a shitty defense week. 

Tier 21 to Tier 22 is only 400 lift... it's very easy to get. All tiers after Tier 21 require 400 points to reach.

The challenging part was going from Tier 20 to 21, which requires 1,600 lift... but that amount is not hard to get these days. 1,600 lift is the amount require to go from Tier 21 to 25, and you can easy do it even without a bonus unit.

Pulse Smoke really has a huge impact on Brunnya's kit. This was the easiest and safest T27 I've ever got.

Defense helped with -39 Lift loss (only loss of the season, on the last day).
Next season I'll have Pulse Smoke B!Ike to play with, lets see how it goes.

On 12/3/2020 at 3:52 PM, kradeelav said:

I'm low key actually building the Askr bonus units as reposition support now after seeing how amazing Zihark has been as a bonus scorer never mind supertanking Thrasir/Edelgard like it's nobody's business.  Nice thing about Askr crew is that I actually have them, unlike Altina or any Astra mythic. x.x   Repo, various support skills, and juuust enough attack to kill a low HP straggler or go break some pots ... they'll be useful.

Being one time a bonus unit doesnt mean the unit will autoqualify as a supertank. Bonus stats add alot of fake bulk, the unit actually doesnt have when its not a bonus unit. However building up teh Askr units is allways good, because they will be allways bonus units.

I got a perfect offense score and three -39 losses, for a total of 13,491 and rank of 2,907! Closer to the 3k threshold than I expected, but it worked out. My main team was Altina/Naga/Plumeria, Fallen Lyon, and Bride Fjorm, they proved very effective and I didn't usually need anything else. Only had to use one ladder.

> aims for chill week of AR tier 22

> ends up at tier 23 instead??? lol

here i come bronze throne~ :3

On 12/7/2020 at 6:11 PM, Hilda said:

Being one time a bonus unit doesnt mean the unit will autoqualify as a supertank. Bonus stats add alot of fake bulk, the unit actually doesnt have when its not a bonus unit. However building up teh Askr units is allways good, because they will be allways bonus units.

oh yeah, no worries, I'm not putting them in the line of fire (never have with Eir either 'cause i can't stand using her).  it's more mobile buff support and reposition support that I'm interested in.  but thanks for the tips regardless! ❤️

edit for this week's status update:  Not gonna get bronze throne this week, but I'm in the tier right under and was briefly in that tier. :v  Might hit T25, currently low-middle T24. Defense lift this weeks suuuucks with the AR changes... Freyja's broken.

Edited by kradeelav

So... I guess I made it to Tier 28. Let's see next week how things go with the new mythic.

My def this week only took one loss that counted, but Dark is still my worst performing season. I'll need to do some changes but I think I'll wait for the next mythic just for the chance it's a Dark hero.