Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

220 Lift short of hitting tier 14, which means I'll be dropped back to the floor of 13 next season.

I'm really frustrated with the defense system, honestly. It's a total grab bag if you get your score dragged down or not. You can't control what kind of person fights you or if you get a battle at all. Some people get lucky and have nobody fight them period, which is just as good as having gotten a win that day. Even when I've made something that seemed to do decently, the first match of the day keeps managing to be a full loss so I've lost 80 lift every day anyway. Doesn't matter if I get a win and some 3/4 units killed failures after that, since the damage is already done. I'm still enjoying the mode otherwise, but losing progress out of your control is really just not fun.

Edited by Alkaid

Whew, another season done.

And I am really happy with the results. 5360 should stay in the top 3k as I already have my lose for today and I also got my secondary objective of reaching tier 14 done.

Luck must have been really on my side this week, I got attacked 13 times this season, but 5 were before 4k lift and the rest stacked in a way to make me lose lift only three times. And reaching tier 14 let's me start next week with a 400 lift advantage over everyone only getting to 13.

But despite having profited from both mechanics, I don't like them. Having some people attacked more than others or in certain more convenient ways is not a good thing if it is such a huge factor. And setting people who barely made tier 14 and those who barely missed it 400 lift apart for next season is just bad, especially because it could have been the result of defense matchmaking. Setting people back to the floor of tier 21 is important so nobody could become uncatchable but on the lower tiers it seems unnecessary.

@Azuris :O 5360 well done congrats!

seriously struggling whether to buy the 5th offense or defense slot. On one hand my offense hasn't needed the help so far whereas my defense might, but on the other hand if I suddenly start losing battles or running out of time because everyone invested in a 5th defender that would suck...but if everyone thought like that and invested in 5th attacker it would be useless for me to do so as well...prisoners dilemma strikes again

edit: does anyone have the 5th defense slot and can confirm you don't lose an extra 20 lift from defensive failure if you have an extra person?

Edited by dethneer

12 minutes ago, dethneer said:

@Azuris :O 5360 well done congrats!

Thank you. But luck played a pretty big part in that. I got the 5th unit for offense and didn't fight a single 5 unit defense, meanwhile my defense only lost Lift 3 times, while 6 times would have been possible, which may have dropped me right back out of tier 14.

17 minutes ago, dethneer said:

seriously struggling whether to buy the 5th offense or defense slot. On one hand my offense hasn't needed the help so far whereas my defense might, but on the other hand if I suddenly start losing battles or running out of time because everyone invested in a 5th defender that would suck...but if everyone thought like that and invested in 5th attacker it would be useless for me to do so as well...prisoners dilemma strikes again

Yes, that is a pretty big decision. If you have confidence in your abilities, unlike me, the 5th unit for defense will be useful if it minimizes your lost lift.

19 minutes ago, dethneer said:

edit: does anyone have the 5th defense slot and can confirm you don't lose an extra 20 lift from defensive failure if you have an extra person?

I don't have it myself, but I watched someone who did, and it's still -80 for a total defeat.

15 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Whelp. Need 54 Aether to play my last match and I have 53. Why do the game devs try their hardest to make sure I can't play the mode they created? I hope everyone is sending feedback for this. Needing to break pots just to ensure you get even 2 matches a day is beyond absurd.

Hopefully they either make it possible to play one last time on the last day regardless of how much aether you have left. Or leftover aether could be converted into resources.

55 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Hopefully they either make it possible to play one last time on the last day regardless of how much aether you have left. Or leftover aether could be converted into resources.

I'd say add the left over Aether to your Aether storage the next week (for my case, 150 Aether + 53 roll over). If you get the final match regardless of your Aether, the player with 1 Aether will be better off than the person with 53, it's still the difference of 1 match because of a missed pot. Alternatively, the extra aether spent from one's last match (if insufficient) could be deducted from the next week (for me, 150 -1= 149)

I didn't get any thrones last time, but I got silver this time.

I'm kind of frustrated by healing towers being the bonus structures next season, because I don't have either the offense or defense ones. I have 380 stones, so I can afford to get the offense team expansion followed by an offense healing tower after the first daily fight, but I won't be able to afford a defense healing tower until after that season ends. Also it'll take a while to save up for a defense team expansion.

Not that I got any defense wins this past season in the first place, but still.

4 hours ago, dethneer said:

I've come across plenty of nasty defence teams with only 4 units, so IMO a 5th attacker isn't useless if it makes your offence team more versatile.

If your defence team kills a unit, or you lose a unit on offence, it's a difference of 20 lift. If your defence team times out the opponent, it's a difference of 80 lift, and if you time out, it's a difference of 100 lift.

Unless your defence team is designed to make the opponent time out, you should invest in offence.

Edited by Baldrick

45 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm kind of frustrated by healing towers being the bonus structures next season, because I don't have either the offense or defense ones. I have 380 stones, so I can afford to get the offense team expansion followed by an offense healing tower after the first daily fight, but I won't be able to afford a defense healing tower until after that season ends. Also it'll take a while to save up for a defense team expansion.

I'm having the exact same dilemma -- I even have the same amount of stones you do.  Now I regret building the Armor School (D) and especially the Catapult (O).  Neither has been particularly useful so far.  I really need the 300 Dew for the level 3 Aether upgrade before the reset, so I'll probably just go ahead and get the 5th offense slot for now. 

2 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

I'm having the exact same dilemma -- I even have the same amount of stones you do.  Now I regret building the Armor School (D) and especially the Catapult (O).  Neither has been particularly useful so far.  I really need the 300 Dew for the level 3 Aether upgrade before the reset, so I'll probably just go ahead and get the 5th offense slot for now. 

Is it possible to buy the 5th offense slot during the downtime? I don't see an option for it.

16 minutes ago, Othin said:

Is it possible to buy the 5th offense slot during the downtime? I don't see an option for it.

No idea what the English menu names are, but it should be something like this:

Allies menu > Special teams (third from the bottom) > Aether Raids offense teams

Then tap the fifth unit slot to prompt you to purchase it.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

No idea what the English menu names are, but it should be something like this:

Allies menu > Special teams (third from the bottom) > Aether Raids offense teams

Then tap the fifth unit slot to prompt you to purchase it.

So it is! I didn't think of getting to it that way.

The English name is "Raiding Parties".

Rip 200+ Lift (due to new AR season).

It seems that when the new AR season starts, the current Lift gets rounded down to the minimum required for the current tier.

For instance, I ended last season in tier 13 with over 5K Lift. Upon the start of this new season, I have 4.8K Lift, the minimum for tier 13.

So what’s a better use of stones? Bonus offense healing tower or 5th slot offense slot?

not sure about healing tower on offense (sounds better on defense anyway) but i don’t want to go against bonus stat merged units. Regret getting catapults for offense and defense in the first week now since i only have enough for one thing to buy..

@mcsilas I was dubious about the utility of the healing tower on offense but it's actually been useful on occasion when I need to stall an enemy unit until I can get the pots. I would just plop down a hero who can't retaliate near the healing tower and let them get attacked every turn while being healed.

It still kind of sucks though and personally I think a 5th team member is a way better use of stones, especially since it'll still be useful after this season is over.

Welp, I think I may have hit my ceiling. At Tier 11 and I get the feeling that's as high as I'll go.

Off the 5 matches I just got, I only won one of them. And almost every team is the exact same "Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, Brave Veronica, Dancer" combo. Talk about broken. There's like no way to counter such a thing with only 7 turns to work with.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

So what’s a better use of stones? Bonus offense healing tower or 5th slot offense slot?

If you run a Player Phase team with high mobility, the 5th unit slot is not super necessary for the near future in my opinion. I run BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Olivia, and they can handle most maps without trouble as long as I do not make mistakes like forgetting about Armor March range. I do have trouble facing my own map and similar ones that forces the offense team through choke points though.

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

Welp, I think I may have hit my ceiling. At Tier 11 and I get the feeling that's as high as I'll go.

Off the 5 matches I just got, I only won one of them. And almost every team is the exact same "Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, Brave Veronica, Dancer" combo. Talk about broken. There's like no way to counter such a thing with only 7 turns to work with.

What are you running in your Raid teams? I've benefited from having some luxury units (namely L!Hector and Loki) but there are some big difference makers with good accessibility.

Cecelia running raven/TA deals with alot of common threats. Keeping Aversa around also helps alot since she hits horse units with great consistency and can take alot of damage off. 

Other than that great support units like Titania, Marth and M!Corrin are always nice to get your stats up and dancers can help you clear buildings to set up baits that the map isn't built for.