Tempest Trials+: Heating Things Up (Jan 25th)

Diovani Bressan

7 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

Ok, also random question Ice Dragon. How much research do you do for this forum website. 

These days, not much unless I'm arguing with someone or something silly like that.

I just play Heroes with the language set to Japanese to get the audio and because I know the language well enough, so I'm reasonably familiar with the localization differences.

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Also, Camilla's personal skill in Fates, Rose’s Thorn, and her Camilla's Axe refinement have a flower, a rose, on the icon.

He already mentioned those in the post I quoted.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Steamy secrets," hmm... Could it be...that this whole time...Camilla's actually been male? (Just being silly. It'd be hilarious to watch people's reactions to that, though, if it were true.)

Camilla's art looks pretty terrible. Now I just feel more motivated to try and win a CYL alt for her that actually looks good. What on earth was Lack thinking with that tiny head and bony limbs.

Oh boy - many Camilla's are gonna die in a few days!

Spoiler

Ouch Pouch+ (dagger version of Ryoma's weapon)
Atk/Spd 2
Hone Fliers (4* unlock!)

Also the seals are ridiculous.

Spoiler

Brazen Atk/Def
Fire Boost
Even Def Wave

Edited by Roflolxp54

I don't have much interest in this Camilla, but I do like the Ouch pouch. I have a neko Sakura thats not all that usefull without mages so perhaps she can take the weapon. Hone flier also comes in handy since Hinoka having it isn't all that good when all your other good fliers are also blue.

The Bonus units are interesting: 

Spoiler

Xander, Leo and Takumi (all OG).

I'm looking forward using Xander again and also Takumi. But it's strange Leo is bonus again ...

... there are enough other Fates units that haven't been bonus yet. 

@Diovani Bressan Will you add the spoiler tag to the topic for 2-3 days? 

3 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Also the seals are ridiculous.

Spoiler

Brazen ATK/DEF is cool, but it doesn't help much more than ATK/RES. 

Boost skills are useless in the harder modes.

Wave skill is something new, I'm not a big fan though. 

3 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Oh boy - many Camilla's are gonna die in a few days!

This. Seems like IS wants us to spend Grails on her. 

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yes. 

Thanks! That will make things easier. :-) 

Ok, seals aren't that interesting for me, Camilla (or her skills) is the real prize here. 

Have to think of a team around Xander and Takumi. Naesala and Nailah deserve some more play-time. Looks like NY!Fjorm will come along, since I don't have any new green unit. 

Hm... Hone Fliers is one thing that interested me. I couldn't care less about Camilla. She will probable be the type of units that I will never use, since I have Eir. I believe that I am one of the few players that don't see her weapon as a good weapon. I will keep the 5-Stars, and use the 4-Stars copy as fodder.

About the Seals, Brazen Atk/Def is great! I will probably refine it to Lv 3. Even Def Wave could be useful to units like Laevatein, so with Odd Spd Wave she will always have +6 damage, or Silas, so he will have +6 Def all the time and can grant +6 Def to allies in any turn. Fire Boost... I couldn't care less. We have both Panic Ploy and Fire Boost as seal, and Panic Ploy is also in a GHB unit at 4-Stars. There is no reason to keep Luke as a 5-Stars Exclusive unit anymore. Please, IntSys, we need new changes to the summoning pool.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

The Bonus units are interesting: 

Reveal hidden contents

Xander, Leo and Takumi (all OG).

I'm looking forward using Xander again and also Takumi. But it's strange Leo is bonus again ...

... there are enough other Fates units that haven't been bonus yet. 

@Diovani Bressan Will you add the spoiler tag to the topic for 2-3 days? 

Hide contents

Brazen ATK/DEF is cool, but it doesn't help much more than ATK/RES. 

Boost skills are useless in the harder modes.

This. Seems like IS wants us to spend Grails on her. 

Spoiler

Well yeah Atk/Def is oke and definitly very good for PVE in Arena its nice too. It has its uses.

I for once would like to see the following seals:

Vantage
Cancel Affinity
Shield Pulse (its really high time for how niche this skill is)
Life and Death
Close Counter
Triangle Adept
SPD and Atk Tactics

Seals i would like to see too but would prolly break the game because of Bold Fighter/Wary Fighter/Surtr etc. or other stuff:
Desperation
Wings of Mercy
Escape Route
Distant Counter

Special Seals not based on existing skills:
Armor Smasher Seal (effectiv dmg against Armorers), This is very much needed so one doesnt need to run an Armor Smasher Weapon instead of Personal weapon to deal with Armors effectivly.
Note: not usable by Staff users
Horse Smasher Seal

Not putting up Dragon or Flier smasher because they dont have Shield to nullyfie it and Bows are effectiv by default on Flier and it kinda destroys the niche Naga and Falchion users have.

42 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Special Seals not based on existing skills:
Armor Smasher Seal (effectiv dmg against Armorers), This is very much needed so one doesnt need to run an Armor Smasher Weapon instead of Personal weapon to deal with Armors effectivly.
Horse Smasher Seal

Not putting up Dragon or Flier smasher because they dont have Shield to nullyfie it and Bows are effectiv by default on Flier and it kinda destroys the niche Naga and Falchion users have.

I don't know if we will ever see a seal that grants effective damage against some type of units. If the player wants a unit to be effective against a cavalry or armored foe, this player needs to pay a price, which is not using that unit's personal weapon.

A seal that grants effective againts some type of units would make some units a little broken. Units that already have a effective weapon would get 2 effective effects (poor armored dragon units). Kinshi Hinoka, for example, who has a weapon effective against Fliers and Armored, will have three effective effects if she uses a seal that grants effective against cavalry.

I can see the introduction of Breaker Skills for Movement Types: Cavalry Breaker, Armored Breaker... And even if it happens, I don't believe it will become a seal.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

20 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

Also summer Hoshido please. 

Well... we already have Summer Takumi, so the banner could be Summer Ryoma, Summer Sakura, Summer Hinoka and Summer Male Corrin (since the Nohrian Summer Banner had Female Corrin). It's not what I want (I don't want another summer banner with Awakening and Fates characters), but I know that's possible to happen.

45 minutes ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

I’m thinking of using Camilla with an AoE special with her Ouch Pouch (Atk) and Quickened Pulse.

Better go with Heavy Blade, since you won't proc a 4 CD special with Ouch P. + QP at first attack anyway. Heavy Blade would help to charge a second or third proc faster. 

48 minutes ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

Which would be more useful for AR defense? Growing Wind, Blazing Wind, or another?

I'd go with Blazing specials for the 1.5 factor. 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Better go with Heavy Blade, since you won't proc a 4 CD special with Ouch P. + QP at first attack anyway. Heavy Blade would help to charge a second or third proc faster. 

I'd go with Blazing specials for the 1.5 factor. 

So, this?

Ouch Pouch+ (Atk)

Blazing Wind

Atk/Spd 2

*Don’t know which budget B-Skill would be good here*

Hone Fliers

Heavy Blade 3

I also thought about trying out that build on another dagger unit. My first idea was Sothe, but he has a solid dagger. Also this might require Hardy Bearing, which I don't even have in stage 1.

2 minutes ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

*Don’t know which budget B-Skill would be good here*

Special Spiral. 

For AR defense beaming specials like WoM add randomness. If she is going to kill a certain threat, you could go with a breaker. 

3 minutes ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

So, this?

Looking good for me, you'll have fun with her in TTs. Do you already have team mates for her? 

(Perhaps SPD refine is better since it gives +2 SPD instead of +1 ATK. )

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

The main use case I see for the Even Def Wave Sacred Seal is to run it with Odd Def Wave in the C slot, which gives you a stronger version of the (not yet existing) Joint Fortify Def. Dual Waves gives +6 to the stat regardless of if there is an adjacent unit, compared to Joint Hone/Fortify, which gives only +5 and only when there is an adjacent unit.

The only problem right now is that Odd Def Wave is only available on Legendary Eirika, Festival Xander, and Onsen Ryoma.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The only problem right now is that Odd Def Wave is only available on Legendary Eirika, Festival Xander, and Onsen Ryoma.

The other problem is that you block 2 slots for a self-buff, where a team mate could do that with 1 slot for your tank.