Tempest Trials+: Heating Things Up (Jan 25th)

Diovani Bressan

Currently thinking of running a flier team consisting of HS!Sakura, HS!Camilla, NYoFaI!Fjorm, and Tana as my final TT team.

Until I get HS!Camilla, the plan is to run Takumi, NS!Elise, NYoFaI!Laegjarn, and NYoFaI!Lavaetain. 

Edited by Flying Shogi

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently thinking of running a flier team consisting of HS!Sakura, HS!Camilla, NYoFaI!Fjorm, and Tana as my final TT team.

Until I get HS!Camilla, the plan is to have Takumi, NS!Elise, NYoFaI!Laegjarn, and NYoFaI!Lavaetain. 

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

Until I get HS!Camilla, the plan is to run Takumi, NS!Elise, NYoFaI!Laegjarn, and NYoFaI!Lavaetain. 

Slightly off topic, but seeing other people use the alphabet soup naming system brings tears of joy to my eyes.

I am personally going to run ASS!Takumi, VS!Azura, NS!F!Corrin, and HS!Sakura. Once I get HS!Camilla, I will use her to replace HS!Sakura.

@Ice Dragon, see? I am not the only one who likes alphabet soup!

8 hours ago, XRay said:

Slightly off topic, but seeing other people use the alphabet soup naming system brings tears of joy to my eyes.

I think I committed to alphabet soup after seeing you do it but the main reason I do it is so there's no ambiguity when referring to an alternate version of a character.

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

I think I committed to alphabet soup after seeing you do it but the main reason I do it is so there's no ambiguity when referring to an alternate version of a character.

What happens when they make another banner with the exact same initials, though?

Halloween Myrrh will always be Halloween Myrrh. Even if they somehow make another Halloween Myrrh (which is very unlikely), you can still amend it as Halloween 2018 Myrrh.

It's more likely to get a second alt with the same banner initials than to get a second alt for the same seasonal event.

I don't bother with the exclamation points, or even abbreviation capitalization with alts. It isn't B!Hector for me, it's Bector, Lector, Vector, Brilyn, Bralyn, Vlyn, Lawood, Laroy, Vilina, Sander, Hander, etc.. And it'll be Brarth and Balm.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

What happens when they make another banner with the exact same initials, though?

To start, I would be annoyed. 

I might switch over to the Season/Event!Name notation in that case. Another reason I commit to alphabet soup is so that I don't forget the banner names and the initials serve as a reminder. 

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's more likely to get a second alt with the same banner initials than to get a second alt for the same seasonal event.

Out of curiosity, has the former happened to a character?

54 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Out of curiosity, has the former happened to a character?

No idea because I don't keep track of banner names. Which is why it is really difficult for me to deal with alphabet soup.

I'm also just bad with acronyms in general if they aren't things I use often, and I'm worse with acronyms that mix capital and lowercase characters. "LotR" is "lotter" to me, not "Lord of the Rings", to give an example. It actually takes a few seconds for me to actually remember what the acronym stands for when I see it.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I almost forgot this was going to happen in a few hours (the saltstorm from the last few days really clouded my vision). Well, I have both Leo and Takumi so I'll try to use them to farm HM I seriously want to max Takumi's HM to fodder him to W!Eirika, while I'm not the biggest fan I feel bad about how this particular Camilla has crappy art so I'll probably use her for a while even if Eir is the superior unit.

The seals are nice, I always appreciate more Brazen seals and I may upgrade Even Def Wave although I don't think it's that good of a skill. 

My 5* from the Hostile Springs banner was Ylgr, so I'm going to go with Takumi, and run a Falchion healer.  It's not that efficient, but it's better than nothing.

Xander, Takumi, Camilla, and a healer. Should make for a decent auto battle team that deals mostly neutral damage. Though I definitely foresee Xander running ahead to get sniped by mages. Plus the three movement classes present allows for Tactics seals.

So didn't get lucky on this banner so all I got are regular Leo and Takumi to bonus it up. Though I suppose I could level up a Xander. I've never got around to that yet.

So, I don't know if it is the maps or what, but auto battle is failing hard core this time round. Maybe Takumi just sucks that much. Though to be fair to him he is often the last one standing. Him or Sakura. Though Sakura tries to die first since she apparently thinks it is her job to face tank every foe on the map at the same time. The one who always drops first is Legendary Ryoma. That guy apparently lacks anything resembling a survival instinct. Trying a Leo horse team doesn't go much better.

Also is it just me or does Bath Camilla have noodle arms? Kinda disappointing since she is the only way I would get a flier team going(and hopefully that should fair much better). Until then though I will have to painfully manually grind by the looks of it. Or just wait how many ever days of bonuses it takes for 5 star Bath Camilla to show.

35 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Don't know why, but I'm somehow not really excited for this event. TTs have been my favorite mode so far. 

Maybe because we are getting better rewards each new TT+. Recently, for units we got Yong Azura, which is a pretty good dancer, Winter Cecilia, which is the first of her type (Armored Dagger)*, and now Hot Springs Camilla, which is a type of unit that only exist 3 of them (Flying Dagger), despite we got Eir recently. Even if the player doesn't use the units, they have good skills to fodder. And for the Seals, for the last 4-5 months we got 2 Brazen Seals, 2 Bond Seals, 2 Stance Seals, 2 Drive Seals, 2 Double Stats Plus Seals and 1 Double Spur Seal, which are great and very useful sacred seals.

TT+ is my favorite mode too, because we can get good things for free (without spending orbs or money).

*EDIT: Winter Cecilia is the first Armored Colorless Dagger. The first Armored Dagger unit is Halloween Kagero, but she is a gree dagger unit.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Maybe because we are getting better rewards each new TT+. Recently, for units we got Yong Azura, which is a pretty good dancer, Winter Cecilia, which is the first of her type (Armored Dagger), and now Hot Springs Camilla, which is a type of unit that only exist 3 of them (Flying Dagger), despite we got Eir recently. Even if the player doesn't use the units, they have good skills to fodder. And for the Seals, for the last 4-5 months we got 2 Brazen Seals, 2 Bond Seals, 2 Stance Seals, 2 Drive Seals, 2 Double Stats Plus Seals and 1 Double Spur Seal, which are great and very useful sacred seals.

TT+ is my favorite mode too, because we can get good things for free (without spending orbs or money).

Actually, Halloween Kagero was the first Armored Dagger.

But yeah, things have been good.

20 minutes ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

Actually, Halloween Kagero was the first Armored Dagger.

But yeah, things have been good.

Oh Yes... I forgot about Kagero, but she is a green dagger unit (which I still don't know why it exist)

@Azuni I still don't see the reason of Colored Bows and Daggers... Legendary Lyn could be a Colorless Bow unit, and it would be great. It would resolve the problem we had last year of only 1 Colorless Legendary Hero.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I'm using Xander/Tana/F!Grima/Surtr for now,until I get Camilla. Which should be soon.

I hit 20k feathers in the meantime, so I'll be able to train her alongside my next upgrade, whoever I end up picking. That'll put me at 230 unique 5*s, 10 away from upgrading everyone I have.

Edited by Othin

I am been playing with Leo in this TT+, and he is pretty good.

With his refinement, and thanks to the bonus stats, Leo has enough Def for not being doubled by mages and most of the archers. And if the foe has more Def than Leo, normally they don't have Spd to double Leo. Leo, however, has QR in his kit, so most of his battles he is guaranteed to double the enemy. The magic damage reduction for the foe's first attack is also pretty useful.

53 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am been playing with Leo in this TT+, and he is pretty good.

With his refinement, and thanks to the bonus stats, Leo has enough Def for not being doubled by mages and most of the archers. And if the foe has more Def than Leo, normally they don't have Spd to double Leo. Leo, however, has QR in his kit, so most of his battles he is guaranteed to double the enemy. The magic damage reduction for the foe's first attack is also pretty useful.

Maybe that's my problem, I forgot to refine his weapon~ I been using Leo, too, but he's -Atk, so he's really struggling and I'm trying not to just feed all the kills to Elise because I want to grind his SP~