Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

26 minutes ago, redlight said:

I managed to find the 4chan board: http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/448201354/redditors-and-feg-having-meltdowns-right-now

Make of it what you will

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

4chan loves to trigger people + some of Camilla's personality quirks your supposed to question actually appeal to them.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have gone back to vote for Rinkah. The last day I may vote her as well, or I will give 1 vote to Elice or Nagi. Elice was a character I truly thought why she is still not in the game. And Merric just feels lonely. Most of the time I just focus my votes, because I believe that its more efficient to point out at a certain character. 

Edited by Stroud

8 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Look, I'm not trying to bring down Camilla fans or anyone who likes her, or anything else negative and divisive right now, but do you guys not realize how tone deaf this sounds? Yes, I get that you're excited because Camilla gets a lot of good stuff so better for people who like her. More power for you, but it comes off as indirect gloating and kind of greedy in the face of anyone whose favorite characters have no alts or aren't even in the game. Again, there's a time and place and I'm not sure if this is the best place.

To be fair, Camilla isn't my favorite character... she isn't my favorite royal in Fates either. I am only being realist. In my opinion, Brave Camilla is guaranteed right know, being 1st or 2nd. And we all know this will not be the last Camilla we will see.

I am not happy that we will guaranteed to receive the 7th Camilla alt, but I already accepted and I am happy for the players who voted for her. And even if most of the players don't like her, most of her alts are pretty good units.

I am saying that a prefer Camilla to don't win this CYL, I am saying that from the top 4 she is my least favorite, but if her Brave Version is a great unit, like how Brave Lyn and Brave Veronica are, I will use my free summon on her. In CYL 1 I picked Lyn because she was the only unique unit from thta banner, and I picked Veronica in CYL 2 because she was the units thta I saw more potencial to be useful. Before the CYL 2 channel, I was thinking to get Celica, but her Brave Alt disappointed me, and Brave Veronica caught my attention right way! Despite I am saying that I don't like Camilla, it may happen with her in this CYL.

8 hours ago, Stroud said:

Next month is a link skill banner. This could be a chance for Adrift Camilla. Hopefully it is a 3 unit banner. In that case I try my luck to get her. Also was unlucky on the adrift banner. Pulled for Mikoto and Camilla and got neither one. Guess who tries to go for 2 gets none. xD

Oh, I forgot about the Link Skills banner. I hope for Laevatein to be on the banner. I got 5 Laevateins in the Hríd Banner, and another one in the New Years Banner, so know she is +5. Now that I reached the halfway, I might go for the +10.

The candidates for this banner are Sumia, Laevatein, Nina and Adrift Camilla. Since both Sumia and Laevatein have Atk/Def Link, and 2 of the 4 units are red, I believe the banner will be Sumia, Camilla and Nina. But this banner will come in a bad time, because the February's Legendary Banner have Hríd, that I didn't get before because of Laevatein, and Gunnthrá, which mine is +5.

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh, I forgot about the Link Skills banner. I hope for Laevatein to be on the banner. I got 5 Laevateins in the Hríd Banner, and another one in the New Years Banner, so know she is +5. Now that I reached the halfway, I might go for the +10.

The candidates for this banner are Sumia, Laevatein, Nina and Adrift Camilla. Since both Sumia and Laevatein have Atk/Def Link, and 2 of the 4 units are red, I believe the banner will be Sumia, Camilla and Nina. But this banner will come in a bad time, because the February's Legendary Banner have Hríd, that I didn't get before because of Laevatein, and Gunnthrá, which mine is +5.

Either they it seems to be a solid banner to go for one. But true, if you want to go for Hríd it may be a bad timing. Going for a legendary hero is just difficult and I ignored most of them out of not wanting to throw all my orbs out. Even messed up myself this month. Because I realized that another Mythic hero would be good. Maybe I just wait until a second light mythic hero comes out. Missed the best opportunity for Eir anyway.

Good luck on merging Laevatein if she gets on this banner and you decide for pulling her.

11 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Hope you get her! You deserve to see the glory of the full 6milla AR team.

Thanks! 6Milla is a dream, but even if I'm trying to get every Camilla, I'm always getting someone else (Yes I'm talking about you BOTH Morgan)

6 hours ago, Lewyn said:

One other thing about Eirika vs Camilla fans that I didn't address, Adrift Camilla is just as "serious" as an alt as the wild far fetched Glepnir wielding Eirika.  That tome wielding Eirika was the only alt of her in the game during CYL2.  Legendary Eirika, since people are talking about Bolverk legendary Camilla, only came in November long after CYL2 finished.  So the serious alt argument doesn't really work here.

Adrift Camilla isn't Camilla, but Tome wielding Eirika is Eirika. This is a huge difference for me. In the adrift banner, the only real alt is for me the only one that is not really in: Azura.

Adrift Camilla is the Camilla that the young Azura wanted to have when she came to Nohr, but Camilla's mother said to her daughter to not get close with Azura.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Adrift Camilla is the weird everyone wearing white banner, right? Regardless as to how serious and accurate she is a unit, I think it was pretty senseless to use her in that one when it was Valla themed. Should have given us Arete or Sumaragi instead (or hell just straight up give us Anankos).

As I said, she made sense in the Adrift banner, because it was already in Fate's lore that Azura wanted Camilla to be her new sister, and

Spoiler

she was scared because it was pretty much at this time that her real mother died, this is why Arete is not in this banner. Mikoto is her aunt, so it's fine. At this time, she didn't even know about Sumeragi, so he is out too.

The more I think about it, the more I want the top 4 to remain exactly as it is.

I believe it will be the only way to avoid a disaster. If either Alm or Camilla drop to second place it sets a precedent that I don't like, with people on top at mid-term not being as safe as we thought.

If Alm or Camilla drop to 3rd place, it will be World War III. People will get REALLY mad at IS because there will be proof that revealing the mid-term results SCREWED their character over.

It will be especially bad in the case of Camilla because the hatebase proved time and again how obnoxious they can be. Remember the CYL voting gauntlet? Remember all the offensive Ike THOT SLAYER memes? I remember... poor Ike will never get that stain off his reputation, no matter how many blessed fans make fanart of Ike and Camilla being good friends.

Plus another precedent that I don't want to be set is the hatebase "winning" anything.  The kind of people who would vote against other people's happiness deserve to be losers. And yes, there are such losers even on Camilla's side, but honestly with how consistent her placing has been in previous CYL events and with 4 major competitors (Lucina, Lyn, Celica and Veronica) out of the picture I find believable that she would win even without the trolls. But I find less believable that she would lose without people specifically going against her.

If Micaiah gets pushed out by Robin nobody will save Alpharad from the shitstorm. That poor fool doesn't deserve so much hate. Plus F!Robin as a character will get a ton of unnecessary hate too.

Marth losing to Eliwood isn't as big of a deal, but it would still be bad. Almost winning two years in a row won't be pretty for his fans.

What a mess... I really, really hope things stay as they are. If you are a Marth, Camilla, Alm or Micaiah fan give your last vote to them. If you haven't decided who to give your last vote to, consider helping the Elite 4.

A vote for the Elite 4 is a vote for an healthier community.

Edited by GrandeRampel

Well I dumped today's vote on F!Robin. Of the ones that seem likely to win on the female side she is my fav. I think tomorrow's vote will be Kaden. He is one of my favorite guys from fates so I wouldn't feel right dropping one on him.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

What a mess... I really, really hope things stay as they are. If you are a Marth, Camilla, Alm or Micaiah fan give your last vote to them. If you haven't decided who to give your last vote to, consider helping the Elite 4.

I really like that turn of phrase ^^ (I don't know if this how I should say that, but we say it like this in French, and it seems that it is the same in English, but I'm not sure)

And sorry, I had to do it: (EDIT: I failed, the background is not the right one, the two layers of the hexagon are not the right, same for the shading, and I erased the first layer xD)

Spoiler

5c4dac28e18c5_Cyl3elite4V2.thumb.jpg.2885ea0b9de1b748d64d86282f8660eb.jpg

Edited by Drakhis

i had a peaceful discussion with a friend about the presumed camilla fans' greediness, and i presented him this parallelism, which i think is quite suitable

"imagine you love babas (a typical neapolitan sweet);

your boss gives you, and many other employees who love babas just like you, 6 chocolate cream puffs for free: you and these employees don't love chocolate cream puffs, but you don't dislike them either so you accept them

but they're also free, you didn't actively ask your boss to get them;

plus, there are also other employees who'd love to get even just one cream puff for them as well

what then? will you ask for a baba, because that's what you really wanted since the beginning?

or you feel satisfied and let other employees get their cream puff they're desperately begging for, since you know they're almost never gonna get their chance?"

just curious about your opinions, if you feel like sharing them

Edited by Yexin

7 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i had a peaceful discussion with a friend about the presumed camilla fans' greediness, and i presented him this parallelism, which i think is quite suitable

your boss gives you, and many other employees who love babas just like you, 6 chocolate cream puffs for free: you and these employees don't love chocolate cream puffs, but you don't dislike them either so you accept them

plus, there are also many other employees who'd love to get even just one cream puff for them as well

what then? will you ask for a baba, because that's what you really wanted since the beginning?

or you feel satisfied and let other employees get their cream puff they're desperately begging for, since you know they're almost never gonna get their chance?"

Even if I like this parallelism, there is a HUGE difference with the reality in my opinion: The boss chooses what you're getting first.

In this situation, they are free, and the boss gives them. Even if I hated chocolate cream puffs, it's free so I'm not going to complain, and I will give mine to someone else.

In this situation, you've said that I don't dislike them, so even if I accept them, I will give mine to someone who loves it, because it's a fixed gift, and I want the person who will get it to be happier than I will.

If the boss is asking what we want, then I will ask what I like. If he doesn't ask, I will say nothing. The situation isn't the same if the gift is fixed or not.

(It's just my opinion by the way)

15 minutes ago, Yexin said:

plus, there are also other employees who'd love to get even just one cream puff for them as well

You see, the problem with this analogy is that in our situation, we aren't denying the CYL alt to someone who never had a single cream puff. We are denying the cream puffs to Robin fans who had 2 cream puffs (4 if you are like me and love both Robins equally), Eirika fans who had 3, Azura fans who had 4, and Corrin fans who had either 2 or 4.

If we had Julia from Genealogy in 3rd place, or even Anna, I could see the "help those who have nothing" argument winning me over. But that's not the case, so I don't particularly feel selfish, nor do I feel like I could help those in need by changing my votes.

9 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

Even if I like this parallelism, there is a HUGE difference with the reality in my opinion: The boss chooses what you're getting first.

If the boss is asking what we want, then I will ask what I like. If he doesn't ask, I will say nothing. The situation isn't the same if the gift is fixed or not.

yeah, you're right 

you could change the "you and other baba-loving employees can ask the boss to have one each" with "the boss gives everyone the chance to democratically choose which sweet everyone's gonna get"

4 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

You see, the problem with this analogy is that in our situation, we aren't denying the CYL alt to someone who never had a single cream puff. We are denying the cream puffs to Robin fans who had 2 cream puffs (4 if you are like me and love both Robins equally), Eirika fans who had 3, Azura fans who had 4, and Corrin fans who had either 2 or 4.

If we had Julia from Genealogy in 3rd place, or even Anna, I could see the "help those who have nothing" argument winning me over. But that's not the case, so I don't particularly feel selfish, nor do I feel like I could help those in need by changing my votes.

...yeah, this is also true

guess my parallelism wasn't that fitting to begin with

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

The more I think about it, the more I want the top 4 to remain exactly as it is.

I believe it will be the only way to avoid a disaster. If either Alm or Camilla drop to second place it sets a precedent that I don't like, with people on top at mid-term not being as safe as we thought.

If Alm or Camilla drop to 3rd place, it will be World War III. People will get REALLY mad at IS because there will be proof that revealing the mid-term results SCREWED their character over.

It will be especially bad in the case of Camilla because the hatebase proved time and again how obnoxious they can be. Remember the CYL voting gauntlet? Remember all the offensive Ike THOT SLAYER memes? I remember... poor Ike will never get that stain off his reputation, no matter how many blessed fans make fanart of Ike and Camilla being good friends.

Plus another precedent that I don't want to be set is the hatebase "winning" anything.  The kind of people who would vote against other people's happiness deserve to be losers. And yes, there are such losers even on Camilla's side, but honestly with how consistent her placing has been in previous CYL events and with 4 major competitors (Lucina, Lyn, Celica and Veronica) out of the picture I find believable that she would win even without the trolls. But I find less believable that she would lose without people specifically going against her.

If Micaiah gets pushed out by Robin nobody will save Alpharad from the shitstorm. That poor fool doesn't deserve so much hate. Plus F!Robin as a character will get a ton of unnecessary hate too.

Marth losing to Eliwood isn't as big of a deal, but it would still be bad. Almost winning two years in a row won't be pretty for his fans.

I've barely seen anyone mention those Ike slaying thot memes after that Voting Gauntlet ended (You're talking about the one where Camilla beat Lyn right?) so I don't think that Ike's reputation took a serious beating.

This isn't the first CYL event so this time people know what the prize is. People now know about alts and that the top 2 male/female get a Brave alt so when people see the mid votes results not everyone thinks of kicking Camilla away, some people simply would prefer a Micaiah or FCorrin alt instead.

When the mid votes results happened last year a lot of people voted for Veronica for other reasons then to keep Camilla away. 

I thought Camilla was out because it's Eirika's case all over again, boy was I wrong. Whatever I got over it; I'm pushing for Micaiah now. To be honest it doesn't piss me as much as the fact that Rein and a bunch of OCs in the top 20. I mean what the hell is Lif doing up there?!

28 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

I've barely seen anyone mention those Ike slaying thot memes after that Voting Gauntlet ended (You're talking about the one where Camilla beat Lyn right?) so I don't think that Ike's reputation took a serious beating.

This isn't the first CYL event so this time people know what the prize is. People now know about alts and that the top 2 male/female get a Brave alt so when people see the mid votes results not everyone thinks of kicking Camilla away, some people simply would prefer a Micaiah or FCorrin alt instead.

When the mid votes results happened last year a lot of people voted for Veronica for other reasons then to keep Camilla away. 

You see. If Camilla was second place and ended up third, I would believe that Robin simply had more supporters.

But if Camilla becomes the very first character to drop from 1st to 3rd we all know it will be because of the hatevotes. Let's not kid ourselves.

And yes, I meant the voting gauntlet with Camilla beating Lyn.

And I don't know man, the mere fact that people still bring up the thot memes every time Ike fights a woman, or the fact every time a male wins the final against a female atleast one person calls him "the new Ike" is unsettling.

If every time a new ThOt SlAyEr comes out they call him "the new Ike" I say that is a BIG stain on his image.

My Ike would never...

Edited by GrandeRampel

You see. If Camilla was second place and ended up third, I would believe that Robin simply had more supporters.

But if Camilla becomes the very first character to drop from 1st to 3rd we all know it will be because of the hatevotes. Let's not kid ourselves.

The mid results notably do not show a vote count. 1st and 3rd could literally be separated by 2 votes for all we know. Stop trying to attach a moral weight to the people who want to vote for Eirika or F Robin or Micaiah or anyone else simply because you want the vote to go your way. Sinking to the level of those calling Camilla voter selfish does not help your campaign.

But if Camilla becomes the very first character to drop from

1st to 3rd we all know it will be because of the hatevotes. Let's not kid ourselves.

These were the mid results from the second CYL:

DUb29l_U8AAEQvZ.jpg

Celica stayed on top.

Veronica went from fifth to second

Camilla dropped from second to third and Eirika went from third to fourth. 

So we have a character that was WAY behind jump all the way up to the second spot and we have Eirika and Camilla who were always fighting back to back (there was only a 603 votes difference).

And back when CYL2 happened many people just voted for Veronica after the mid results dropped because they were interested in seeing what IS would do if she won. I'm just saying that people who voted for Veronica didn't all do it because they wanted to get rid of Camilla.

10 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The mid results notably do not show a vote count. 1st and 3rd could literally be separated by 2 votes for all we know. Stop trying to attach a moral weight to the people who want to vote for Eirika or F Robin or Micaiah or anyone else simply because you want the vote to go your way. Sinking to the level of those calling Camilla voter selfish does not help your campaign.

I'm not against Robin fans who are happy they realized they have a chance. I'm not even mad at people who are now jumping to Anna or Eliwood. I find them and their fanarts awesome.

It's just that I saw A LOT. A LOT. A LOT. A LOT. A LOT. A LOT of people, mostly on Reddit writing comments with a variation of "we can not let Camilla win".

I can't help but feel skeptical of the effect those people may have on the voting. If you noticed I told people who already were fan of the elite 4 or who are neutral to spare a vote for them. I didn't ask fan of other characters to change their minds. 

If Robin wins, more power to her. I wouldn't mind a grandmaster Robin.

And yet because of Alpharad and of the general shitty situation, her victory will be tainted somewhat.

Also, I want to add that while the people on 4chan are scum (I wish I didn't click that link) that thread opened after mid-terms were out. Which means that trolls are not who put Camilla up there. At most they will help her stay there.

If mid-terms were not posted, I would be supporting Tanith right now, or maybe switching to Patty or Jill. I wouldn't be helping Camilla, because she would not be needing my help.

Maybe I'm overthinking this. Maybe Camilla has 10000 votes more than Micaiah and I'm worrying over nothing. Maybe there are way less dishonest voters than I think and I'm just judging the community harshly for no reason. The only thing I know for certain is that I can't wait to put CYL3 behind me. This event gets more stressfull every year.

Edited by GrandeRampel

19 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

And yet because of Alpharad and of the general shitty situation, her victory will be tainted somewhat.

And the 4chan Camilla salt voter haven't tainted her victory? No side here is without sin, and none deserve the moral high ground.

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

There is no vote here that leads to a healthier community, and claiming there is only adds to the toxicity felt by those who want to vote for someone else.

Edit: Sorry if this came across as too harsh, I wrote it before seeing your edit GrandeRampel. I hope there is less dishonesty in the voting than people claim.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

And the 4chan Camilla salt voter haven't tainted her victory? No side here is without sin, and none deserve the moral high ground.

As I said, the 4chan people arrived only after mid-term. She climbed to first place on her own. If she ends up winning by 3 votes, than yes, the trolls would be who made the difference in the end. Which is why I hope she wins with a huge vantage, to avoid having to deal with a tainted victory.

But perhaps you are right. Perhaps everything is tainted already. In that case I hope IS changes the rules for CYL4. I can't stand another event like this one.

8 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

There is no vote here that leads to a healthier community, and claiming there is only adds to the toxicity felt by those who want to vote for someone else.

If Camilla doesn't win, think about next year. Camilla's fan will be unhappy. There will be more salt vote next time, more Camilla hate, more anti-Camilla hate, less real vote, and all...

You can vote for who you want, and it's the only good thing to vote for someone you like.

But for now, it's not the case: many people are not voting for who they, because of midterm-results. Some people vote against Camilla because they hate her, some people vote for her because they hate this community, and want to see more salt, some vote F!Robin not because they want her to win but because someone told them to. Those things could have been better if midterm-results wasn't there.

But if Camilla doesn't win, it will have consequences next year, and not some good one. It's pretty much a fact. There are some people who will do something stupid from both sides, and it will only get worse next year.

1 minute ago, GrandeRampel said:

As I said, the 4chan people arrived only after mid-term. She climbed to first place on her own. If she ends up winning by 3 votes, than yes, the trolls would be who made the difference in the end. Which is why I hope she wins with a huge vantage, to avoid having to deal with a tainted victory.

But perhaps you are right. Perhaps everything is tainted already. In that case I hope IS changes the rules for CYL4. I can't stand another event like this one

Yeah I think everything is a bit tainted. In a perfect world, people are voting for who they like. But it's not the case, so I'm hoping that CYL4 will change the rules.

Edited by Drakhis

Despite the hate for the mid results I don't think it is what is wrong with CYL. The mid results push people to vote for their favorite of those who have a chance, while still allowing them to vote for whomever they want. The way people can vote multiple times could possibly be fixed (or at least reduced) by having people need to sign in to a Nintendo account (even if it isn't linked to FEH), but doing so would greatly reduce engagement. Most of CYL's issues is with the actions of voters, and the actions that the FEH team can take to reduce it any further would undermine the process even worse.

I’m torn on who my last vote should go to. On one hand I just wanna vote for my favorite girl again but on the other I feel it’s best for the community if Camilla won. Ugh I dunno