Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

Went Mila, Eyvel, Echidna, Perceval, Jill, Tauroneo, Mareeta. Tried to spread it between characters I like and games that seem like they need more love. In retrospect, I regret that Mila vote. While I'd still like her in Heroes, I would've rather given it to Galzus, Renning, or Brunya/Murdock/Igrene/Niime depending on which game I was feeling at the moment.

Also, wait, what Elise panty shot? I mean I know I don't remember the majority of Fates, but I would've thought I'd remember something like that.

As far as Camilla goes, I don't actually have anything wrong with her as a character. Her design is quite absurd, and I'm in the camp that would like FE to stay more grounded, but Camilla is quite fun in my book, and I liked her enough to marry her in my Conquest PT. Someone mentioned it quite a while back, but regarding the whole not liking portrayal of women in video games and simultaneously calling Camilla a THOT, it kinda makes sense to me. They're going to say any woman who isn't is a slut and that any sexualized character is just to appeal to horny teens. They're the type of people who want women to be demure and submissive.

Loki I unapologetically love. Her design is ridiculous to say the least, but she's a fun character, and I do find her attractive in addition to liking the general elements of her design. Could they have toned it down, absolutely, but eh, it fits her character. Christmas Cecilia is the only one that really bothered me because it seemed weird for her. Cecilia in both personality and appearance has always seemed very modest and then IS ups her about three cup sizes and gives her a boob window with some very definite framing.

As far as the alt situation goes, mostly, I just want serious characters. I can absolutely empathize with the Camilla fans who expressed their desire for a serious, in-character alt. I'm so, so sick of seasonals and what a joke they are. There are some I like, like NY!Fjorm is adorable, but as a whole concept, I'm not a fan, especially with how they seem to be stretching it even farther with the recent addition of another one. If they made a deal that every new hero banner would have one or two alts, but cut seasonal banners down to 3 or 4 a year, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Edited by bottlegnomes

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Ether said:

This just makes me think Robin is about to have either the best, or worst time of her life. And I'm not sure which it is.

What can I say I love my twintails

Hey I mean with severa it's always a fun time.

26 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

What can I say I love my twintails

Hey I mean with severa it's always a fun time.

Not always! Maybe this is Grima Robin and she's about to get punched. A lot. Unless she's into that...

UNkK0iK.jpg?1

Marth: FOR THE KINGDOM WITHOUT PANTS! Or just, y'know, giving Marth the spot he rightfully deserves among the heroes of the world.

Ninian: Felt that she deserved a little more than just a bride alt. Plus she's a nice girl.

Alm: I mean, among the main lords of FE, he was certainly blessed with having a more story-focused game than had Gaiden never got re-made.

Elincia: Don't remember who, but whoever it was around here somewhat influenced me to throw my 7th vote to Elincia.

Edited by Xenomata

Aaaand last vote cast! To those of you who haven't used your last vote yet and don't know who to give it to, please consider Elena! (Ike and Mist's mom.) She was only present in flashbacks and in references to the past in her home game, but even through such a limited medium, she was shown to be loving and brave. Showing your support may yet bring her into Heroes, where she would not only be playable for the first time, but able to be interacted with for the first time!

And for those of you who gave her a vote or two, thank you very much! At least I, personally, greatly appreciate the help in getting her recognized, even if she doesn't make it in. :)

And with that another CYL comes to an end for me. Would have liked to have spent votes on other characters since I usually vote all different characters but I had other priorities this year and I would really like to see a version of Anna that is mergeable in Heroes.

Edited by NSSKG151

5 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I would really like to see a version of Anna that is mergeable in Heroes.

Another worshiper of the Rightful Goddess I see! May Anna bless us all.

wdzVDlm.jpg

1 minute ago, SuperNova125 said:

When will the results be announced?

I assume at least after 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time tomorrow, so maybe an hour or two after that.

Here's my ballot:

Spoiler

5c4e9a5ebc7f0_CYL3.thumb.PNG.d94c217e9a84eef2420aa16a407cead7.PNG

Overall, I'll be happy regardless of who wins. I'm just excited for new characters. I wish you all the best with your efforts, and hope to see new interesting developments!

Voted for Tanith two times and Jeanne one time. After that, only Camilla.

Whatever may happen, remember to stay civil. This is only a silly popularity contest after all, so no need to lose your cool.

In fact try this little exercise with me. Pretend that not only your character lost, but the winners are the worst, and try to come to peace with their victory.

And I mean Surtr levels of "the worst".

My ballot:

ttqqckG.png

Decided to throw another vote to Alm midway cause I'm terrified he's thrown out somehow. Though I do think there won't change much with the males, the only thing I can imagine is Eliwood throwing Marth out maybe. With the girls I could see Micaiah taking first place instead or being thrown out by F!Robin. Camilla stays in top 2 either way I think.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

Voted for Tanith two times and Jeanne one time. After that, only Camilla.

Whatever may happen, remember to stay civil. This is only a silly popularity contest after all, so no need to lose your cool.

In fact try this little exercise with me. Pretend that not only your character lost, but the winners are the worst, and try to come to peace with their victory.

And I mean Surtr levels of "the worst".

That is easy to say if one doesn't care for games pre Awakening.  A contest and a single banner is a drop in the bucket, influence on a year's worth of banners is a lot more than that.  

• Marcus
  • Mycen
  • Ranulf
  • Kieran
  • Duessel
  • Valbar

And I missed Day 1's vote by mere minutes because of work and the site being down. My CYL2 picks were pretty much the same, plus Maribelle, so let's see if I can also get one of these guys as New Heroes.

Lyon, Cynthia, A!Tiki, F!Robin, Micaiah, Soren, and F!Morgan. There are so many characters that need a vote, and all too few votes! I tried looking out for some characters further down to give them a little boost; A!Tiki and Soren reaching top 10 would be great.

We got the CYL2 results on February 1st, correct? I hope they'll be as quick to show us the results this year too; this is a real nailbiter.

5c4ec14b59507_QuickMemo_2019-01-28-09-25-53.thumb.png.3cfabc5c922161c922731b8efffe80fa.png

Those are my votes. I went for my favourite characters. The midterm results showed that Tellius has been doing pretty well. I hope a lot of characters from PoR and RD place high enough so that IntSys realizes that Awakening and Fates aren't the only popular games.