Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wonder what would happen if you deleted the gender divide from the start and just took the top 4?

CYL1 would have gotten Brave Tharja instead of Brave Roy. CYL2's top 4 was an even split, but who knows how that might have changed with Roy in the mix.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

AND IT'S SO UNFAIR! On top of all that we have people that try to make us feel guilty for IS' mistakes, like it's our fault. Like we decide which banners get made. Breaking news, even us Fates fans would like longer breaks between content made for us. The orbs don't replenish themselves, y'know?

The fans decide on one banner a year. Who did they decide on, and who did you vote for?

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

The fans decide on one banner a year. Who did they decide on, and who did you vote for?

Well, I helped Lute for sure the first year, but I don't remember much else. The second time I was among those that voted Brave Veronica into existence, so you've got me there.

2 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Well, I helped Lute for sure the first year, but I don't remember much else. The second time I was among those that voted Brave Veronica into existence, so you've got me there.

6 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Tanith x2

Jeanne

Camilla x4

Okay, I'm officially an idiot, or I need some sleep. Now I get what you meant. Yes, this year I helped Brave Camilla (assuming she wins, it's not over yet), so I guess with Veronica it makes two characters I decided. Initially I wanted to vote only for Tanith, than to vote for a combination of characters I like, but once you see the results it's difficult to not switch to a character you like who has a fair shot for the top 2.

Edited by GrandeRampel

10 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Initially I wanted to vote only for Tanith, than to vote for a combination of characters I like, but once you see the results it's difficult to not switch to a character you like who has a fair shot for the top 2.

Vote who you like, but your claim about not wanting more frequent Fates content is bullshit, and I will call you on it.

Edited by Baldrick

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Vote who you like, but your claims about not wanting more Fates content is bullshit, and I will call you on it.

??? I said I don't want more Fates content? Are you referring to when I said that it's not my fault as a Fates fan if IS manages the banners poorly?

The two things don't necessarly contradict one another. It is true that I'm not directly responsable for the banners, since I'm not the one who creates them. And I'm in favor of less seasonals, for more actual new characters. At the same time I would enjoy more Fates content.

Mainly Charlotte.

And a Fates Brave hero.

And the beasts.

And more kids.

And another Hinoka alt... okay now I see your point. I am among the ones who pull when Fates gets new content, so I'm sending the data at IS that new content from Fates is acceptable.

But in my defense I pull on every banner anyway, until I get at least one unit. I didn't stop pulling on the Laguz before I got Nailah. Same thing with the banner before and seasonal Gunnthra.

Same thing for the banner before and seasonal Fae. Same thing for the Legendary Azura banner until I got seasonal Young Tiki. Or did I get her on the legendary Hrid banner? I don't remember. And I also pulled on the Surtr banner until I got him, but in my defense I was looking for Ylgr, he pity broke me.

In hindsight I'm glad he pitybroke me. I don't know how I would survive in AR without him.

Anyway going back to the point, I never said I don't want Fates to get more content. I don't know where you got that idea.

26 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Initially I wanted to vote only for Tanith, than to vote for a combination of characters I like, but once you see the results it's difficult to not switch to a character you like who has a fair shot for the top 2.

I can't relate. Was rooting for Veronica last time and I'm rooting for Alm this time (among others), but I've managed to stick with my votes for Osian. It's all a matter of priorities.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I can't relate. Was rooting for Veronica last time and I'm rooting for Alm this time (among others), but I've managed to stick with my votes for Osian. It's all a matter of priorities.

I know, I'm weak willed. I see people here voting for Nowi 7 times, for Brom 7 times, for Anna 7 times, for Camilla 7 times, and they don't care what the midterms reveal, they stick to their guts. I admire you for being such a loyal fan to your fave.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I've been thinking all day about who I should give my last vote to, and I still haven't decided so now I'm willing to take suggestions. Hopefully I won't be swarmed by too many responses. The characters I've voted for already are Idunn, Lilith (because she deserves to be relevant), Eliwood, Julia (because she should have an alt), Micaiah, and Stefan.

If you don’t mind a repeat vote, you can always give Eliwood another vote to help him get to the top 2. 

7 hours ago, Jave said:

Oh my, Eliwood pushing Marth out of the top 2 might be a bigger deal than anything that may happen in the women’s side. 

I don’t think it’d be nearly as crazy as what could happen on the female side if the F!Robin rallying was strong enough to actually dethrone Camilla. 

Finally had a chance to finish my ballot

Spoiler

tkHJtMo.png

Opted to finish the pattern over another pity vote.

Well, hopefully tomorrow the fanbase won't be completely burned to the ground.

34 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Well, hopefully tomorrow the fanbase won't be completely burned to the ground.

I'm pretty sure it became the Burned-Over District a few days ago.

"I found that region of Serenes Forest what, in the English phrase, would be called, a 'burnt district.' There had been, a few years previously, a wild excitement passing through that region, which they called a revival of Fire Emblem love, but which turned out to be spurious." "It was reported as having been a very extravagant excitement; and resulted in a reaction so extensive and profound, as to leave the impression on many minds that Choose Your Legends was a mere delusion. A great many people seemed to be settled in that conviction. Taking what they had seen as a specimen of a revival of Fire Emblem love, they felt justified in opposing anything looking toward the promoting of another CYL."

Thanks Wikipedia! ...With some tweaking of the block quote found on this page.

20 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The Serenes Massacre was an inside job.

Eye witness accounts place Lehran, Heron idol, at the scene of the crime for the first time in generations. Coincidence? I think not!

To be honest, after having Ike, Hector, and Veronica win; I’m partially indifferent to who wins, even while there are specific nonCamila characters I’d prefer to lose, worst case is I just save some orbs on that particular banner.

I am among the ones who pull when Fates gets new content, so I'm sending the data at IS that new content from Fates is acceptable.

Not necessarily. There are other reasons to pull on a banner apart from liking the characters, e.g. to get fodder, to fill unit niches, if you want all three units of a colour on Legendary banners. Maybe IS also tracks what players do after they pull a focus unit, but that would be a lot harder to collect and interpret.

For CYL voting, though, since we have no idea of the stats/skills of a prospective Brave unit would be, that's much less ambiguous as to what kind of content you want IS to make in the future.

Anyway going back to the point, I never said I don't want Fates to get more content. I don't know where you got that idea.

I edited for clarity, but I was too slow. When you said you wanted less frequent content to save orbs.

So I assume the results come in tonight? This is the first I’ve voted all the way through and been actively engaged in the conversation so excuse my ignorance

46 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

So I assume the results come in tonight? This is the first I’ve voted all the way through and been actively engaged in the conversation so excuse my ignorance

No. Give it at most 2 weeks. 

The event just ended. Now they have to tally up the numbers. 

It’s the calm before the storm.

I hope Eliwood made it to the top 2. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

The results should pop up either Friday or Sunday (Monday for Japan). The last Choose Your Legends had its results revealed on Feburary 1st IIRC, three days after its voting concluded, so I imagine we won't have to wait too long for this round either. 

Edited by Medeus