Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Warning fake image spreading around:

Marth and Camilla getting screwed again? Not funny.

That would more or less be ideal for me, only unit I’d avoid completely is Robin.

If the current positions stand, I'd want:

• Marth: Sword cavalry (Anri outfit? Is that a thing?)
  • Alm: Lance cavalry (Rudolf outfit)
  • Camilla: Axe armor (Garon outfit)
  • Micaiah: Staff infantry (Sephiran outfit)

Personally, I'm rooting for an Alm/Eliwood finish, but they have the problem of both wanting their CYL versions to be lance cavalry. I'm not sure how that would be resolved.

I just had a thought. If we Anna fans want more Anna alts, maybe we should have Anna be consistently place in the top 10 for a few years (but not top 2), and each year with a different Anna. That way, there is a higher chance that Anna might appear in multiple Foci featuring popular Heroes. Once we get a few copies of her that way, we can then vote her into the top 2 and get a Brave version of her.

My preferred results probably won't happen for several years since everyone focuses on the main characters in the various FE games. I'd rather the more obscure characters get spotlighted, even if they're not actually all that obscure (i.e., Soren(FE9), Griel(FE9), Leila(FE7) and (obviously) Elena(FE9.)) I also wouldn't be opposed to most FEH characters winning. For example, it would be interesting to get a younger version of King Gustav as a playable character, since apparently, he did similar things to what Alfonse is doing now when he was younger (and so would fit in very well with the Order of Heroes.) Even though there are several more obscure characters I like, though, I wouldn't want all of them to win this particular mass poll since it may be a bit weird for them to dress as someone else, depending on the character (like, who even would Kieran or Oscar dress as? Kieran looks up to Geoffrey and respects Oscar, and Oscar does have family to draw inspiration from, but...) especially if said characters naturally come in sets (again, using Kieran and Oscar as an example) and only one gets a brave alt. It would just feel so...lopsided.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Figure its obviously fake since I follow the official Twitter but gods....I almost fainted seeing this my girl go 3rd...which is unlikely anything than Female Robin(love my bird boy 100% but got 0 attachment to her...)

1 hour ago, Othin said:

If the current positions stand, I'd want:

• Marth: Sword cavalry (Anri outfit? Is that a thing?)
  • Alm: Lance cavalry (Rudolf outfit)
  • Camilla: Axe armor (Garon outfit)
  • Micaiah: Staff infantry (Sephiran outfit)

Personally, I'm rooting for an Alm/Eliwood finish, but they have the problem of both wanting their CYL versions to be lance cavalry. I'm not sure how that would be resolved.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking Alm will get his fathers look and unit type and Camilla just HAS to get her fathers axe especially since I think this is the only real good chance of Bolverk to really happen atm.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

29 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I got this:

Nope! Remember how that one Tiger went running at Zelgius in Part 3 RD? That Tiger was Female Robin, Zelgius was Camilla, and the off-the-screen person whom that Tiger's dying body crushed was Micaiah.

3 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Any ideas for Brave Micaiah? I want her to use daggers. 

Were you thinking of the Blood Pact when you thought of this?

Edit: I somehow forgot Sothe existed. And I guess I was drawn to more depressing thoughts.

16 minutes ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Glad I'm not the only one thinking Alm will get his fathers look and unit type and Camilla just HAS to get her fathers axe especially since I think this is the only real good chance of Bolverk to really happen atm.

Can there be a Forging Bond with Garon's Beard as a Camilla reward then?

1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I'm probably one of the few people interested more in the lower ranks rather then the top 20.

I'd be interested in the full results as well, since they could determine who they would be adding in say November and this time next year.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I can't get the idea of Marth using Starlight out of my head, so it would be cool to see that happen, along with his pantsless outfit. Not expecting him to use magic though. Maybe Gradivus? Whatever the case, pantsless Marth has to happen.

4 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I can't get the idea of Marth using Starlight out of my head, so it would be cool to see that happen, along with his pantsless outfit. Not expecting him to use magic though. Maybe Gradivus? Whatever the case, pantsless Marth has to happen.

I will certainly be bothered if this isn’t what they go with. In my opinion, Legendary Marth is one of two perfect forms for Marth. Pantsless is all that’s really needed.

Edited by Arcphoenix

Hmm. Pantsless Marth makes sense, but I feel like a third sword infantry Marth would be silly. (Like how getting three axe armor versions of Hector was silly.) Maybe as a staff user, with references to Elice?

That'd be neat, but it would force Micaiah out of staffs.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hmm. Pantsless Marth makes sense, but I feel like a third sword infantry Marth would be silly. (Like how getting three axe armor versions of Hector was silly.) Maybe as a staff user, with references to Elice?

That'd be neat, but it would force Micaiah out of staffs.

Why would a CYL Micaiah need to have staves in the first place? CYL characters all reference characters other than themselves. Micaiah would more likely have a dagger or tome, which are the weapon types of the characters she is closest to.

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if it actually happens. The dislike over Camilla being first was pretty intense. In Marth’s case, he’d still rank high next year even with 3 Houses characters around just by being Marth. 

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why would a CYL Micaiah need to have staves in the first place? CYL characters all reference characters other than themselves. Micaiah would more likely have a dagger or tome, which are the weapon types of the characters she is closest to.

She wouldn't need to, but referencing Sephiran/Ashera could still put her in staffs. Better than sticking with light magic, at least.

Cymbeline is an option but another red tome Micaiah could feel redundant, unless they make her a flier or something. Daggers are possible, but Sothe uses colorless daggers in Heroes, and another could could feel tacked on.

Making her a red tome flier does seem better than all the other options, and it'd make her our first flier CYL unit. They introduced the first armored ones last time, so that fits.

Putting all that together adds up to:

• Micaiah: Red tome flier (Sanaki theme)
  • Alm: Lance cavalry (Rudolf theme)
  • Camilla: Axe armor or cavalry (Garon theme)
  • Marth: Staff infantry (Old outfit, Elice theme)

I'd originally thought of CYL Camilla as an axe armor, but she could be an axe cavalry instead, if they don't want to repeat Ephraim's unit type. And we actually have way more axe armors than axe cavalry at this point: 10 vs 6. Garon's never been seen on a horse, but the other three Nohr siblings all have, so they could work with that.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Cymbeline is an option but another red tome Micaiah could feel redundant, unless they make her a flier or something. Daggers are possible, but Sothe uses colorless daggers in Heroes, and another could could feel tacked on.

I feel a Sothe-cosplay Micaiah would more likely be a blue or green dagger unit instead of a colorless dagger unit. Blue if they're powered by Micaiah's light magic or green if they want to run off of Sothe's wind theme.

And a Sanaki theme could use Rexflame (and be slow as molasses), which could drop her "magic rapier" weapon theme and give her something different (like "effective against infantry" terror).

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I feel a Sothe-cosplay Micaiah would more likely be a blue or green dagger unit instead of a colorless dagger unit. Blue if they're powered by Micaiah's light magic or green if they want to run off of Sothe's wind theme.

And a Sanaki theme could use Rexflame (and be slow as molasses), which could drop her "magic rapier" weapon theme and give her something different (like "effective against infantry" terror).

Blue or green is possible but that's where Alm and Camilla want to be.

Rexflame is an option. I still like the idea of her being a flier, though, and I think Sanaki has enough association with pegasus knights for it to work. Losing the rapier effectiveness would help differentiate her from Dancer Micaiah, but being as slow as molasses wouldn't, because Dancer Micaiah already is. So I feel like that isn't enough.

49 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Friendly reminder that the only thing in CYL1 that the characters themselves couldn't use were the horses.

Edited by bethany81707

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Blue or green is possible but that's where Alm and Camilla want to be.

That's where you want Alm and Camilla to be.

Camilla can run Xander's Siegfried instead of Garon's Bolverk. I'd picture Alm using one of Celica's weapons to reference how Brave Celica uses one of Alm's weapons.

1 minute ago, bethany81707 said:

Friendly reminder that the only thing in CYL1 that the characters themselves couldn't use was Roy's horse.

Friendly reminder that Ephraim has an axe now, and Veronica has both a staff and horse.

1 minute ago, bethany81707 said:

Friendly reminder that the only thing in CYL1 that the characters themselves couldn't use was Roy's horse.

Lyn never uses a horse in her game either. Also, Lucina's lance didn't exist. She had access to lances, but not that one. Also, Brave Ike was based on FE9, but he only gained the ability to use axes in FE10. And Lyn never had access to Mulagir during her game, it was sealed away until 20 years later.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's where you want Alm and Camilla to be.

Camilla can run Xander's Siegfried instead of Garon's Bolverk. I'd picture Alm using one of Celica's weapons to reference how Brave Celica uses one of Alm's weapons.

Those are possible, but I think they'd be a bit of a letdown.