Find and Vote Heroes - A Brand New Minigame and ANOTHER Guarenteed 5* : RESULTS ARE IN!

Coolmanio

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Jave said:

I think it could be a good idea to make a separate thread for this. Keeping it on this thread only may cause a lot of people to miss it.

Agreed.

If this works, I need to decide which one I want. I’d be happy with any of them honestly. I’m leaning towards Duma because having a colorless tank who doesn’t have to worry about the enemy’s color sounds really fun if I give him distant counter and quick riposte. But Halloween Myrrh is adorable and has some nice skills, and Azura is apparently really good even though she’d be useless for the team I have that most uses dancers (my Laguz Air Force team). The one I’m least excited to get is Legendary Lyn, but even then I have a plan for her if I wind up forced to get her.

36 minutes ago, Jave said:

I think it could be a good idea to make a separate thread for this. Keeping it on this thread only may cause a lot of people to miss it.

Sure. I can try and put together a thread. Just give me a bit.

8 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Which of these would you consider the best unit, personally? Given the possibility that I can choose, I'm having trouble deciding between Duma, Azura and Myrrh.

Azura, she's nuts in every mode. There's a reason she got way more votes than any of the other finalists.

8 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Which of these would you consider the best unit, personally? Given the possibility that I can choose, I'm having trouble deciding between Duma, Azura and Myrrh.

It depends on what you already have. If you don't have Azura, she is the obvious pick as the most useful support unit currently in the game. If you already do though, it's a matter of if you care for Aether Raids or not. Duma is essential for your defense team in AR, but Myrrh is just better as a unit in general.

3 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Without the context of your preferred playstyle, it's impossible to make a specific recommendation. For instance, I don't use armoured teams at all unless forced to for a quest, so despite the raw combat power of Myrrh (and to a lesser extent, Duma), they wouldn't really help me. Generally speaking though:

- Myrrh is the unit with the most raw combat potential. Being able to double in both phases without a speed check is hard to match, plus Armor March to partially negate the main disadvantage of armours.

- Duma has all the Aether Raid-specific shenanigans that are unique to him. I don't know enough about the game mode to comment in detail, but if Aether Raids are a priority for you, then his utility is surely irreplaceable.

- Azura is hands down the best dancer in the game, and unlike the two armoured units, can be used in just about any composition. I would also think she's the least likely to be powercreeped anytime soon.

Me, I'm going with Azura personally if at all possible as she'd be a mainstay of basically every strong team I field, with the possible exception of pure horse teams. Zelgius and/or BK are more than good enough to fill the red slot in my armour team, and as I don't do Aether Raids at all, Duma would mostly be a waste - hell, I'd take Lyn over him frankly.

24 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

12 minutes ago, Nanima said:

If you already do though, it's a matter of if you care for Aether Raids or not. Duma is essential for your defense team in AR, but Myrrh is just better as a unit in general.

8 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

- Duma has all the Aether Raid-specific shenanigans that are unique to him. I don't know enough about the game mode to comment in detail, but if Aether Raids are a priority for you, then his utility is surely irreplaceable.

Duma is not anywhere near essential for Aether Raids. He has some Aether Raids shenanigans, but being a defense Mythic makes him nowhere near as important as Eir.

He's basically an armor dragon with a different stat spread and a different weapon gimmick. If you have other armor dragons and have experience using them, then you'll basically get the gist of how he works.

And I honestly find Upheaval more useful in Arena than Aether Raids.

Is Azura really that great? Wouldn’t Leanne and Reyson be better than her with their 3 move making them way better at dancing?

At any rate, Halloween Myrrh is a character I’d like to have for sheer cuteness appeal, though given I already have Valentine Ike I’m not sure I can find a place for her. Duma would be awesome as a colorless tank, but I don’t know how much investment he takes. Azura is another option, but the biggest dancer-reliant build I have is my Laguz team where she’d be useless with her inferior move and redundant bonus effect. And Lyn just feels less valuable than the other three.

4 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Is Azura really that great? Wouldn’t Leanne and Reyson be better than her with their 3 move making them way better at dancing?

At any rate, Halloween Myrrh is a character I’d like to have for sheer cuteness appeal, though given I already have Valentine Ike I’m not sure I can find a place for her. Duma would be awesome as a colorless tank, but I don’t know how much investment he takes. Azura is another option, but the biggest dancer-reliant build I have is my Laguz team where she’d be useless with her inferior move and redundant bonus effect. And Lyn just feels less valuable than the other three.

Reyson and Leanne become pretty much standard dancers with any units that aren't beasts or dragons. Keeping them away from any allies can be quite the chore. Any team profits off a dancer and Azura adds significant utility, not just with increased movement, but her weapon being able to spread +6 buffs everywhere. The herons don't give any stat increases. You can also use her in arena more easily than the herons.

5 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Leanne and Reyson gained 3 move on their own while transforming,  while Azura gives three movement to the unit she danced to if they are fliers or infantry. This is more useful for people running infantry/fliers nukes, and Tibarn/Keaton gains 3 moves even if they are untransformed because of Gray Waves.

and that's just Gray Waves. Prayer Wheel gives the highest buff to all stat. So if you have a unit with +7 atk cause hone atk 4 , after danced they got +7 in spd, def and res. That synergizes way too well with bladetomes, and even if you didn't run bladetomes, you will still want that all stat boost. Nevermind that Prayer Wheel also stack with the B Dance skill, so if Azura has Torrent/Earth Dance 3, the danced unit got +5 to all stat even if they didn't got any buff before. 

18 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Leanne and Reyson have 3 movement, which makes them good at reaching the unit you want danced, but Azura gives the (non-armor) target 3 movement, which makes the target better at reaching the enemy you want dead. Prayer Wheel's additional effect also gives the team more freedom with their C skills since you no longer need to run buffs for all stats to get buffs for all stats.

Gray Waves is also good for Arena scoring, unlike the base Sing and Dance.

Leanne and Reyson are generally better on beast, dragon, and cavalry teams, whereas Azura is better on flying and infantry teams.

Duma works as a player-phase unit completely out of the box, but needs a teammate with Armor March to actually be effective. He works fine on enemy phase against melee units without investment, but needs Distant Counter (or Lightning Breath) to counterattack ranged units.

Myrrh is your typical slow armor with solid defenses and a gimmick to let her make a follow-up attack on both phases without the Quick Riposte seal. Like Duma, if you need her to counterattack ranged units, she'll also need Distant Counter.

Lyn can either be a standard player-phase infantry bow (Brave Bow or Firesweep Bow) or can be a ranged tank like Faye (Guard Bow or Swift Mulagir).

Edited by Ice Dragon

27 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

As a support character, it's far more beneficial to give your dance target extra effective range rather than yourself, because your ability to assassinate key targets depends on the effective range of your nukes, not your dancer. Besides, oftentimes the requirement to transform negates the movement advantage in the first place, since you'd have to put them in a less-optimal starting position to give them 3 movement in the first place.

It's worth nothing that cavalry units don't benefit from Azura's Grey Waves, so there's probably a good argument to use a heron on horse-heavy tactics teams.

As for Duma, out of the box he's built as a player-phase unit, so he'd require a fair bit of investment to convert into a tank. He has no DC and no Vengeful Fighter natively and his Solo skill means it's hard to get him properly buffed and positioned to tank. QR seal works as a quick fix of course, but there's a high probability you want it on another unit on the same team. Otherwise, sure, an enemy hitting him won't double him, but he's not doing much to them in return either.

@Ice Dragon Good to hear Duma's not that important in ARs either, in the event I ever try them out. Makes him even more of a hard skip. I should probably look into what the big deal with Eir is though, I've pulled a couple of (+HP) copies already but haven't touched her yet. I don't see any skills on her that only work in ARs?

Edited by Humanoid

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Good to hear Duma's not that important in ARs either, in the event I ever try them out. Makes him even more of a hard skip. I should probably look into what the big deal with Eir is though, I've pulled a couple of (+HP) copies already but haven't touched her yet.

The main difference between Duma and Eir in terms of Aether Raids is the amount of Lift they are able to generate for you. Eir gives you 10 Lift per offense win per Eir per blessed unit. Duma gives you 4? Lift per counted defense loss per Duma per blessed unit.

If you have all of your Aether buildings fully upgraded, you get a minimum of 13 offense runs per week compared to a maximum of 8 counted defense losses per week. Considering you get more than double the Lift benefit from Eir and more than 1.5 times more chances to obtain that Lift benefit, Eir is just way more valuable than Duma if all you factor is Aether Raids scoring.

And that's before you take into account that Eir is actually competent at both combat and support with just her default skills (plus Reposition).

Where Duma really shines is in the Arena.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The main difference between Duma and Eir in terms of Aether Raids is the amount of Lift they are able to generate for you. Eir gives you 10 Lift per offense win per Eir per blessed unit. Duma gives you 4? Lift per counted defense loss per Duma per blessed unit.

If you have all of your Aether buildings fully upgraded, you get a minimum of 13 offense runs per week compared to a maximum of 8 counted defense losses per week. Considering you get more than double the Lift benefit from Eir and more than 1.5 times more chances to obtain that Lift benefit, Eir is just way more valuable than Duma if all you factor is Aether Raids scoring.

And that's before you take into account that Eir is actually competent at both combat and support with just her default skills (plus Reposition).

Where Duma really shines is in the Arena.

Ah right, I totally skipped the Mythic Effect and was just looking at her base skills while wondering if Mythic Boost only worked in ARs or something like that.

Her skills are good but I'm thinking I'd rather have the ranged unit on my default flier team be a mage just so it isn't 100% physical damage. I think I'll wait for a better base copy before deciding to merge mine (since at the moment it'd just be the +HP copy into the free neutral copy once I claim her).

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Ah right, I totally skipped the Mythic Effect and was just looking at her base skills while wondering if Mythic Boost only worked in ARs or something like that.

Oh, that's a common confusion. The skill is called "Mystic Boost" and not "Mythic Boost".

You can blame the translators for being bad at their jobs since the Japanese name of the skill has nothing to do with "mystic" or "boost". In Japanese, it's 生命の護符 (seimei no gofu), "Talisman of Life", which also explains the otherwise random-seeming rectangle in the skill's icon.

Besides Azura being the best support in the game, unlike Myrrh and Duma she comes ready built.  Duma is the only aether defense unit in the game but there will be other defense units in the future, and he hasn't made much of an impact there.  Myrrh is a fantastic red armor, and the only red armor dragon but there are other powerful red armors like Zelgius and the new Valentine Ike each with their own advantages.  

Azura, other than beast teams in which case Leanne/Reyson would be better, is hands down the best dancer in the game.  Best movement type, good stat line for a dancer if she has to see combat, extends the range of any infantry or flier +1 which is absolutely insane as well as quad buffs them all to the max.  She has easily made the biggest impact of all the find and vote characters.

WOW summoning for Myrrh was so not-painful, she's even +Def.

Of course there was a L!Lyn, but that's hardly fair to call painful (plus it was in the first summoning session so she didn't even count as a pity breaker).

Man...

...so wouldn't it be something if they did this again, but with far more dire consequences? Such as, oh I dunno, the winning units, if not already, will be added to the Normal Summoning Pool as 3 5* locks and one 4* demote?

14 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Man...

...so wouldn't it be something if they did this again, but with far more dire consequences? Such as, oh I dunno, the winning units, if not already, will be added to the Normal Summoning Pool as 3 5* locks and one 4* demote?

A person can dream, right?

Sadly, no new units for the Normal Summoning Pool or demotion from this banner...

I don't know who would be the demoted unit... Lyn?

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

A person can dream, right?

Sadly, no new units for the Normal Summoning Pool or demotion from this banner...

I don't know who would be the demoted unit... Lyn?

Oh yeah most definitely Lyn. She's arguably the worst Legendary Hero (I think Fell Robin is starting to show some wear though) and brings very little besides Spd Tactic to the table.

Well, a dreamers gotta dream some more...

Got a +Atk -Def Duma an I am happy about this, I voted for him and I'm glad it paid off. I gave him a weird Fury vantage and brazen build that surprisingly works quite nice. Though I want and need Myrrh's armor march I will wait a bit as the new legendary banner will be arriving shortly and I might pull on this and I have a red armor now so I can wait (my orb count is also 0).

Edited by SuperNova125

Duma for me :/ :/ :/  3/4 chance for me to get something good but I get the thing I want the least. All other choices would've been good:

L!Azura as an OP dancer? Hell yes.

L!Lyn to fix my -spd L!Lyn? Great!

H!Myrrh to replace my -Atk H!Myrrh or to give Vengeful Fighter to H!Jakob! Sure!

But nope, I got Duma who is literally useless to me. I hate his design, his usefulness in AR is a joke, and his only real good fodder is Bold Fighter but I have no one to fodder it to. And can't think of anyone that could make good use of his solo skill. Mehhhh.

Though to be really fair I don't have much right to complain, both my seasonal freebies were units I wanted and I decided I shouldn't be salty if I did get Duma. But it sure hurts when I had so much chance to get something good :'(