FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

2 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Well, with the Pokemon Direct next week it looks like 3H isn't getting one and is going to need a really great E3 showing to generate buzz. Though I guess an FE Direct makes more sense for early July. It's so weird how quiet they're being with details on the game aside from character profiles (and even then, NoA stopped doing those).

Didnt even know a Pokemon Direct was happening till now. At least we're getting a famitsu focus issue real soon. For the buzz its getting much more than other upcoming games despite it only coming from JP Twitter. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, User name said:

I think her "hobby" may be writing ,she is a amateur novelist who writes romance novels( maybe with herself as a main character).

lmao, that's called a self-insert fantasy.

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Please don't make her into an introverted Nina.

There's, like, all kinds of different novelists she could be.

I mean, there's two very different ones I can think of even off the top of my head from the same franchise.  One's a romance novelist who, in all honesty, is probably one of the most normal characters from her game (Nadine from Valkyria Chronicles) and another who is so utterly desperate to find an interesting hook for his novel that he chased after a debtor along with a crazy doctor lady to try to get him to donate one of his organs to the black market (Connor Doherty from Valkyria Chronicles 4).

And then there're characters like Mitama from FE Fates that are the more lazy kinds of shut-ins.  I know, she isn't a novelist, but you pretty much could turn her into one and not too much would be different at the most basic level.

With that said, if Bernadetta's a writer (not sure where everyone's getting that idea, though), I could see her going one of two ways.  Either she's the shut-in who secretly writes some really messed up, weird shit, or she writes extremely tame stuff but gets embarrassed as if her works were a violation of social norms.

In any case, I do have an inclination to like shy/sheepish/shut-in characters, including the likes of Sakura (FE Fates), Noire (FE Awakening), Isara Gunther (Valkyria Chronicles), Arcade Ganon (Fallout: New Vegas), and Yoko Suzuki (Resident Evil: Outbreak).  I guess I just relate to them.

3 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

They're really not being quiet we're getting new character info every second day it's far more frequent than some other games, remember when we didn't get any new info between June 2018 and February this year.

This is NoJ, not NoA.

Japan and America have two different marketing teams from Nintendo.

Nintendo of America has put out barely anything.  Which doesn't mean much for those of us gathering info, but it does mean the game could see less sales, as marketing is a huge part of making those sales.

I sincerely hope this isn't because of the recent transfer in the executive branch of NoA.

I'm sure NoA will finally start truly pushing the game during/after E3 hopefully their site finally updates soon but they're probably waiting for all the character reveals, gameplay details and other stuff from the JP version we'll likely get all this in June.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

7 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

I'm sure NoA will finally start truly pushing the game during/after E3 hopefully their site finally updates soon but they're probably waiting for all the character reveals, gameplay details and other stuff from the JP version we'll likely get all this in June.

I don't know, maybe the localization or voice acting isn't don't entirely yet, and NoA/NoE wait for it to be done... Yet, the game launches in 2 months, it's weird to me, barely promoting, barely Infos from NoA and NoE, while NoJ kinda promotes the shit out of FE16. 

14 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

I don't know, maybe the localization or voice acting isn't don't entirely yet, and NoA/NoE wait for it to be done... Yet, the game launches in 2 months, it's weird to me, barely promoting, barely Infos from NoA and NoE, while NoJ kinda promotes the shit out of FE16. 

The fact that the game has a rating already that's unlikely since production is likely finish by now and Nintendo UK is slow but is advertising it. June will likely be when we finally get more stuff from NoA.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

3 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

The fact that the game has a rating already that's unlikely since production is likely finish by now and Nintendo UK is slow but is advertising it. June will likely be when we finally get more stuff from NoA.

Hm, I can't seem to find the USK rating on the usk site for FE16. 

But yeah, you're probably right, still it's weird to me, that both, NoA and NoE don't advertise it much. (NoE is not NoUK) 

45 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

With that said, if Bernadetta's a writer (not sure where everyone's getting that idea, though), I could see her going one of two ways.  Either she's the shut-in who secretly writes some really messed up, weird shit, or she writes extremely tame stuff but gets embarrassed as if her works were a violation of social norms.

To be honest considering the time period  game takes place in, there arent THAT many hobbies she could be having, like what is there? Writing, drawing, sewing, reading and maybe music.

And i dont see her reading considering she in school,so she does that plenty already.

Edited by User name

2 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

No way omfg. Yeah writing novels would be an interesting character trait, but if those novels are overtly romantic and sexual to the point where it's the idea of all of her supports. Don't use her shyness as a way to spy on male students.
I also find it hilarious that she has a positive modifier in Hvy Armour and she's such a tiny little human.

But she starts with E rank in Armour. Every strength a student has had started with at least E+ rank which means that it is very unlikely Bernadetta is proficient in it. Has anyone considered that the blue arrow could just be showing that she did the most work of the two, or just happened to get more than normal from the task. If it was just showing she was proficient in it the arrow would be more likely to appear next to the armour rank. Petra has a D rank in Flying so it is very likely that she has a strength in Flying, and since she got the arrow after her task I assume people are taking this to mean it shows a strength but I doubt that. 

The naming scheme for the Nobles is at least consistent: the Adrestrian Nobles are "von -" wherever their domain is which also lines up with the name of their crest if they have one. Every noble from both Faerghus and Leicester apart from Claude has a middle name instead of "von" followed by their domain/crest name - e.g. Hilda Valentin Goneril and Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd. I wonder why Claude's is different to the rest.

@SpiceMan I highly doubt they'd change the meaning of an icon that has been previously established to mean that a unit has a positive modifier in a specific professor level. Just because she has an E to begin with doesn't mean she can't have a postive modifier in it.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

10 minutes ago, User name said:

To be honest considering the time period  game takes place in, there arent THAT many hobbies she could be having, like what is there? Writing, drawing, sewing, reading and maybe music.

And i dont see her reading considering she in school,so she does that plenty already.

Try reading a textbook, and then read a novel, and tell me it's the same thing.  There's a difference between reading to study and reading for entertainment.  Just like there's a difference between writing for work and writing for fun; one of the two are incredibly dry and boring.

In terms of hobbies, there's also exercising, playing card games (there are solo card games), practicing games (namely chess), solving puzzles, crafting, and roleplaying (just look at Owain/Odin and Ophelia, they do it all the time even when no one's looking).  And of course there's a lot more one can do with a friend or two, but there's always been quite a bit one could do in their alone time.

9 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but the site updated and she is indeed von Varley

So that's confirmed, she's a noble.

Which also means she's confirmed to be a crucial member of the meta that is known as holy blood crests in this game.

25 minutes ago, WolfWind said:

Cutest character confirmed? 

I say don't sleep on Annette, the one good portrait we got of her doesn't do her justice. She's also best friends with Mercedes, so chances are she's a good girl. Bernadetta's a strong contender for sure though.
Additionally she seems to be the mage of the blue lions, meaning she may be the resident cute mage of this game.

4 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

So that's confirmed, she's a noble.

Which also means she's confirmed to be a crucial member of the meta that is known as holy blood crests in this game. 

Is that wishful thinking I'm smelling?:p

Edited by Cysx

As I mentioned before, Varley appears on the map so one can presume she has a crest since it appears every character with a name relating to a location on the map has a crest (for example both Hubert and Mercedes are nobles (or were in Mercedes’ case) but they don’t seem to have crests as their surnames aren’t prominent locations on the map). 

20 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

In terms of hobbies, there's also exercising, playing card games (there are solo card games), practicing games (namely chess), solving puzzles, crafting, and roleplaying (just look at Owain/Odin and Ophelia, they do it all the time even when no one's looking).  And of course there's a lot more one can do with a friend or two, but there's always been quite a bit one could do in their alone time.

Thats it we got it!

She is scared of folk finding out about her chuuni tendencies! Case closed! 

Also there is a Shut-in character in New vegas? What?

Edited by User name

11 minutes ago, User name said:

Also there is a Shut-in character in New vegas? What?

I'm talking about the doctor companion (Arcade Ganon) you can pick up from the Companions.  I say he's a shut-in because he prefers to work out of sight and out of mind from everyone else.  Of course, one might say he's mostly a shut-in because of spoiler reasons, but he definitely doesn't like to talk a lot (despite him having plenty to say about the wasteland politics and Caesar in particular).

31 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Is that wishful thinking I'm smelling?:p

Not any more than the leaks are, Bernadetta could very well be a crest-bearer since she's now revealed to be of nobility and Hanneman's profile pretty much confirmed the crests will grant power.

2 minutes ago, TheLostWhisperer said:

Has anyone posted a translation of her bio and dialogue?

I rather not trust google translate.

If you go to the twitter links provided, you'll see below the posts that Satsuma translated them.

7 minutes ago, TheLostWhisperer said:

Has anyone posted a translation of her bio and dialogue?

I rather not trust google translate.

From @SatsumaFSoysoy

Description:

[Black Eagles] Bernadetta (CV: Tsuji Ayumi)

The only daughter of the Varley Dukedom. Extremely shy towards strangers, so much that the only place she feels at ease while far away from home is her room in the dormitory. When not attending lectures, she spends her time hiding in her room getting absorbed in her hobby (hobbies?).

Second Picture:

"Y-y-you saw everything!? Why? Why were you watching!?"

Video:

A conversation with Bernadetta, who is rarely found outdoors.

*humming*

"Huh? Ah, um, well, I was on my way back to my room! See you!"

Byleth: "..."

Edited by Azz

Just now, Azz said:

Video:

A conversation with Bernadetta, who is rarely found outdoors. *humming* "Huh? Ah, um, well, I was on my way back to my room! See you!" Byleth: "..."

I love the fact that Satsuma went the extra mile to translate "..."

That's real dedication.

Just now, Ertrick36 said:

Not any more than the leaks are, Bernadetta could very well be a crest-bearer since she's now revealed to be of nobility and Hanneman's profile pretty much confirmed the crests will grant power.

Oh absolutely, I'm just teasing since there's still a chance they're a noble without a crest. Though from a gameplay perspective that sounds like a missed opportunity, unless we somehow get to recruit/fight one of her parents later.