FE Twitter shows new Anna design, some footage (& on-going character profiles)

Jedi

From what I saw in a screenshot Rodriguez appears to be a mage of some kind.

Could be that they'll stop at him, but perhaps we'll get a bio for lord Renato

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

What's a OR in this context?

I'm not sure I follow this question?

I'm saying either she's genuinely a good person, or she's doing a great job hiding her involvement in all the church's shady dealings with strategic good deeds.

12 minutes ago, Marros said:

I'm not sure I follow this question?

I'm saying either she's genuinely a good person, or she's doing a great job hiding her involvement in all the church's shady dealings with strategic good deeds.

I actually meant PR but it was auto corrected. 😅

55 minutes ago, Ririn said:

I don't see why they need to show timeskip lords since they already have bios as students. Just my opinion of course. 

I agree plus we got their portraits and official art would be a waste even for padding 3 more weeks imo.

4 hours ago, Timlugia said:

I am still intrigued by the fact that while Nintendo UK twitter implied church could be evil, but every character we met so far praised church and Rhea being morally upright.

That was something I was wondering about too. I don't remember which publication it was but when they talked about Rhea, they said something like "She looks really serene but maybe...there's something a little shady about her.....HMMMMMMMM." It could be that she's a pretty benevolent person but she's involved in a church coverup or something. Maybe she's a well intentioned extremist.

Shamir is now the most liked character to be revealed so far. I'm sorta impressed that a character that was considered to be of the supporting cast and put so far behind others in bio reveals would seem to have the strongest initial impression. Can't say that I'm not surprised. I like what I've initially seen of her personality and backstory as well as adore her character design. Same vibe as Catherine's.

5 hours ago, Timlugia said:

I am still intrigued by the fact that while Nintendo UK twitter implied church could be evil, but every character we met so far praised church and Rhea being morally upright.

It might just be a red herring, or perhaps half the church is genuinely devout while the other has sinister intentions. Maybe they’re not even evil in the first place, but rather misguided and they simply need to be put in their place. 

3 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

I actually meant PR but it was auto corrected. 😅

PR - Public Relations - is a term for people who communicate with the general public on the behalf of a person or company, usually because said person/company would either be too swamped trying to respond to their audience to do anything else or because the person/company themselves aren't very good people persons.  When they say someone's "good PR", they mean that they're good at making an entity they represent (in Rhea's case, the Church) seem good, regardless of if that's actually the case or not.  Conversely, people may say a group has "bad PR" because it does a poor job of giving people an intended feeling about what said group is doing.  An example of this would be if an oil company spilled their goods into the ocean, and they had their PR suggest that "fish like the oil", that'd very likely be bad PR because most people aren't stupid enough to fall for that and it'd only serve to further stoke the flames of outrage.

27 minutes ago, redlight said:

Shamir is now the most liked character to be revealed so far.

Besides Byleth, yes.  Byleth received over 7k likes on their bio, but the next most like character aside from Shamir was Marianne, who just barely got to 5k likes.  I think it's expected for Byleth to be the top voted character, though, by simple virtue of them being the first character they revealed and also being the protagonist.

It is quite interesting.  I have to wonder if this surge of popularity for Shamir on the FE Twitter will carry over to the more general fandom.  I think that some of the staff might be more favored by western audiences, though only the younger ones because people don't really seem to favor older characters.  Yet at the same time, western audiences haven't always aligned with the opinions of those who follow the Japanese side of things or those actually from Japan.  And it'd also depend on how well she's actually developed, as she could end up being a character with very little screen time (or else end up being grating in some way).

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Little kid being the pupil of a baddass lady. He reminds me a little bit of Shanan in that regard. 

That's cool, but I sure as hell hope that lady doesn't end up like Ayra did.

Now that we have a better image, it looks like Cyril has a scar on his forehead. I am kinda surprised we got a character revealed today. I guess we will see Rodriguez next week, and maybe we will get an Anna bio, but after that it really feels up in the air. 

I am curious if we will see Ashe's father because he was revealed in the magazines so long ago. 

I suppose from the thanibomb leaks there is still

the third Almyra character that was hinted at