Famitsu 3rd Preview: New villains, Weekend activties, Ashe and Lysithea

Kuki

So many interesting tidbits.

• Plague doctor masks are seemingly just generic enemy mage uniforms.
  • Ingrid needs money to rebuild her house, so I'm guessing she's from a noble family that's fallen on hard times.
  • Raphael's family died because...demons attacked? Am I understanding that right?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed that even in this most recent batch of screenshots, they're very deliberately not showing us controlling anyone other than the starting students...

Also look, I just noticed that we have a cameo from Heroes!

Spoiler

z_5ce78fbedd781.jpg

It's Feh.

Edited by Calico

I honestly don't know why they didn't give Knights Wary Fighter as a class skill. It helped them from getting doubled to oblivion and made them slightly less useless. Maybe it's the General skill?

I don't know man. Knights have always been pretty garbage, and it looks like this game is just continuing the trend.

I wonder if the armor weapon level/professor level has some really powerful skills to make up for knights themselves lacking class skills. Or if there is some new facet to being an armored that isn't revealed.

Probably not, but I doubt the movement based ranks (along with Authority) don't unlock skills with increased levels like the other ranks do.

For those of you that aren't aware, it seems that the recent leaks from thanibomb have found legitimacy with information from official sources these past few weeks corresponding with details mentioned in the leak. For your own good if you don't want to be spoiled do not visit the "reddit leaks" topic thinking it's false info or something. Under any circumstances if you don't want to spoiled.

It could be that knights get more stat bonuses upon promoting into them in exchange for class skills. That's their gimmick in FEH at least

7 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

I don't know man. Knights have always been pretty garbage, and it looks like this game is just continuing the trend.

Effie in Conquest was probably one of the most reliable knights in the game and probably the series overall with Wary Fighter. Knights not having that really put them in the dumps.

2 minutes ago, User name said:

We also have a 100% confirm on Manuela being a playable unit.

I kind of always thought she was because the first trailer showed her fighting. But it was just a personal feeling.

7 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I guess, but yeah, I hope they avoid having too many ones that either are detrimental to the user or the team or are so specific you'd pretty much have to go out of your way to even use them (like this one!).

I remember Arthur having one that decreased his crit avoid by 5, sometimes I wonder just what the hell was going on up there

Also, gender specific classes already confuse me but we had male pegs back in Fates didn't we?

Why go back on that? Is there some sort of Fodlan law against dudes riding majestic sky horses in place?

Just now, TheDreamReturns said:

I remember Arthur having one that decreased his crit avoid by 5, sometimes I wonder just what the hell was going on up there

Also, gender specific classes already confuse me but we had male pegs back in Fates didn't we?

Why go back on that? Is there some sort of Fodlan law against dudes riding majestic sky horses in place?

If anything Fodlan is the rule and Hoshido was the exception. I believe Subaki even explains as such himself iirc.

Just now, Aera said:

Effie in Conquest was probably one of the most reliable knights in the game and probably the series overall with Wary Fighter. Knights not having that really put them in the dumps.

But that was more because Effie herself was busted as a unit thanks to her ludicrous strength and personal skill, not the class. If you were to completely optimize Effie, you wouldn't go General at all, you'd go Great Knight because unlike Generals, they can actually move decently.

When it comes to praising knights in Fates, Effie's pretty much the only one. You hardly see such praise for fellow knights Benny and Ignatius.

2 minutes ago, TheDreamReturns said:

I think it's because IS basically combined the legends of the pegasus and unicorn when creating the class so long ago. Unicorns were believed to only approach maidens, and I'd imagine that inspired the female-exclusivity of the class for so long.

Personally, I don't mind it. Fates' Male Pegasus Knights weren't that good anyways. I have no problem with them returning to female-only status.

3 minutes ago, ArsSanctum said:

If anything Fodlan is the rule and Hoshido was the exception. I believe Subaki even explains as such himself iirc.

You are actually correct. It's said that Hoshido's pegasi are a different breed. They're actually specifically called Tenma in the Japanese version (this was sadly excluded from the English localization).

It's nice to finally get an idea of how the story is structured. It's like Sacred Stones where the main story is the same but you'll get a different perspective for each path. I'm also curious as to why they've shown nothing but early game content, makes me think the game drastically changes at one point or something.

Thank the heavens Manuela is playable, I love her already and it would have been disappointing if she was an npc. We've seen her fighting beforehand but since she didn't have any personal skills I was worried she'd only appear during mock battles. 

The white haired girl is really cute but I'm worried about her age, she appears to be really young. Teacher x Student icks people enough as it is, we don't need young kids in the mix as well :L

The way they described the new baddies gives me a little bit of hope for their writing. Hidden agendas and what not that isn't obvious at first is nice.

Gender-specific classes are such trash, but we already knew they were coming back from the last issue. I just want confirmation of dragon/wyvern riders (and also hope they aren't male only). Also I can't waitttt for VincentASM's thorough breakdown, it's gonna be soooo good!

I'm definitely more and more excited for the game the more we see (and I was already excited since the beginning)! But Blue Eagles definitely seems to be the way I want to go based on characters/designs. Also glad it seems the teaches are playable! Really hope we get all (or most of the students) since I definitely want Hilda and white-haired girl from Golden Deers, plus a few from Black Eagle!

12 minutes ago, TheDreamReturns said:

Like stated, Hoshido's an exception since their pegasi are a different breed. Anyhow I'm not that bothered by pegasus knights being female only again since Subaki was pretty terrible, and Shigure was meh.