Famitsu 3rd Preview: New villains, Weekend activties, Ashe and Lysithea

Kuki

9 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

People have been seriously damaged by Fates lol. Every single fire emblem villain was either an ugly as sin dark wizard or some Sauron-cosplaying warlord clad in a clearly evil-looking armor.we literally know nothing but their design and people are junping the guns because they look remotely like Garon & evil  friends? It's like assuming that a female cavalier is going to be horribly written because Peri was a female cavalier.

That said, they seem distinctly like Darth Vader expies. I'll take a wild guess and say that the flaming Emperor is going to be related to Edelgard because Emperor title + Adrastian colo scheme + General Darth Vader tropes.

I mean we already had a Darth Vader expy in the form of the Black Knight. If these two are in the category of cool and intimidating villains like the Black Knight, they should be alright.

Edited by Gregster101

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

People have been seriously damaged by Fates lol. Every single fire emblem villain was either an ugly as sin dark wizard or some Sauron-cosplaying warlord clad in a clearly evil-looking armor.we literally know nothing but their design and people are junping the guns because they look remotely like Garon & evil  friends? It's like assuming that a female cavalier is going to be horribly written because Peri was a female cavalier.

That said, they seem distinctly like Darth Vader expies. I'll take a wild guess and say that the flaming Emperor is going to be related to Edelgard because Emperor title + Adrastian colo scheme + General Darth Vader tropes.

Yeah that's very depressing thinking....

Possible he could be in disguise or just someone new entirely of course don't want to go deep into this since I still want to be surprised by these guys!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

Okay, both of those guys look rad as hell. They remind me a lot of some SMT demons.

Tbh, I don't have a problem with them looking obviously evil. I think the 3ds era's (can't speak for any other era) problem was indicating characters were evil by making them have darker or unnatural colored skin.

Looking forward to learning more about the school activities.

2 hours ago, Flere210 said:

People have been seriously damaged by Fates lol. Every single fire emblem villain was either an ugly as sin dark wizard or some Sauron-cosplaying warlord clad in a clearly evil-looking armor. We literally know nothing but their design and people are jumping the guns because they look remotely like Garon & evil friends? It's like assuming that a female cavalier is going to be horribly written because Peri was a female cavalier.

That said, they seem distinctly like Darth Vader expies. I'll take a wild guess and say that the Flaming Emperor is going to be related to Edelgard because Emperor title + Adrastian color scheme + General Darth Vader tropes.

It is true that a lot of people jump the gun too fast because of Fates.

1 hour ago, Calico said:

Okay, both of those guys look rad as hell. They remind me a lot of some SMT demons.

Tbh, I don't have a problem with them looking obviously evil. I think the 3ds era's (can't speak for any other era) problem was indicating characters were evil by making them have darker or unnatural colored skin.

Looking forward to learning more about the school activities.

For real. They look more SMT than SMTxFE did. ?

4 hours ago, User name said:

I like how Flame Emperor's color scheme is red and black, he uses an axe,and sees himself an Emperor. AND has a grudge against church and its crest glorification.

I wonder if there is a MAIN CHARACTER with similar gimmick.....

Well, there's only one empire that we know of so far...

Edited by Druplesnubb

So I guess after this issue if were getting 2 weeks of characters introduced in it (exception being the last week with the final 3 unless we get the remaining 9 members in one) there's probably 2-3 more issues left which is pretty insane that there's so much content left to talk about! I feel the last major info is in June.

1 hour ago, Druplesnubb said:

Well, there's only one empire that we know of so far...

To be fair, "emperor" is a really generic title in fantasy RPGs. I bet the Reaper Knight isn't a real knight or even a real reaper : P

Alternatively they could be from the clichéd (hypothetical) destroyed empire from before Adrestia's founding.

Hey, guys? The Reaper Knight and Flame Emperor both have no identifiable features. Maybe FE is taking their stab at the Lelouch trope of 'noble who wants change and revolution masks himself to hide his identity' idea.

I wonder where the flame emperor and reaper knight will be located tho? like will they be from one of those seemingly less important countries or will they maybe be hidden in the Ardrestian empire? Maybe they could be the former rulers (possibly descended from Nemesis) but after Seiros who took over the empire and established it along with Edelgard's ancestors, they have a serious grudge against the monastery 

Anyone thinking that the Flame Emperor will be this story's equivalent of Isaac McDougal from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Egil from Xenoblade Chronicles 1; a seemingly obvious bad guy who turns out to be a well-intentioned extremist trying to stop the real bad guys?

Edited by vanguard333

7 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Anyone thinking that the Red Emperor will be this story's equivalent of Isaac McDougal from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Egil from Xenoblade Chronicles 1; a seemingly obvious bad guy who turns out to be a well-intentioned extremist trying to stop the real bad guys?

A case of been there, done that, but I wouldn't mind it.

Kind of sounds like Rudolf to be honest.

My prediction for this story thread:

The Flame Emperor; along with two other heads of their group, are crest bearers, and were specifically crest bearers who were experimented on by an inner circle of scientists and bishops of the Church. The purpose of these experiments was to draw out the power of the crests - which would bring out untapped potential in the crest user. This gave them great power but also left them with bodily and mental scarring. The archbishop with white skin at the end of Trailer 2 willingly underwent such experimentation in order to give himself great power, and the girl with the shaky eye is taken from the point where she is about to undergo the same process. The ultimate result of these procedures would be drawing out the crest's power entirely, forming a Crest Stone, which is incredibly dangerous and can corrupt souls by touch. Underneath the mask the Flame Emperor is facially scarred similarly to the archbishop. 

I can see the Flame Emperor potentially being recruitable if he is an anti-hero in which case his class could be an axe/magic flier similar to the Malig Knight.

42 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Maybe FE is taking their stab at the Char trope of 'noble who wants change and revolution masks himself to hide his identity' idea.

FTFY. I know it was an honest to god mistake, but Leleuch himself is clearly based on Char Aznable, which expies are omnipresent in sunrise shows. Im sorry, but i get triggered when people says that x founded trope y when i know that an older show did it.

But Camus was already FE's Char clone. Which thankfully stopped at the Quattro phase.

This reminds me how I once mentioned I'd like it if the antagonist was basically a more radical version of Edelgard. Welp...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

The designs aren't giving me high hopes for the villains but tbh I kinda felt like this was the direction they were going to go with it. The signs were there. 

That said, I still really like the designs if only just because I think they look cool. Especially the masked axe wielder.

1 minute ago, Jayvee94 said:

Can anyone show us the map of Fodlan and point us to which nation he's an emperor from?

I think the word emperor may just be used as an intimidation title, it may also be used to draw parallels with Edelgard given their similarities which may come to fruition in the story.

20 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I think the word emperor may just be used as an intimidation title, it may also be used to draw parallels with Edelgard given their similarities which may come to fruition in the story.

If he's an the Emperor of the Adrestian Empire then ...

He is Edelgard's father.

(mechanical breathing)

1 minute ago, Jayvee94 said:

If he's an the Emperor of the Adrestian Empire then ...

He is Edelgard's father.

(mechanical breathing)

That would be predictable af if the masked villain turned out to not be the big bad and instead is the main character's father and directs them toward the main threat after being unmasked in a touching death scene.

20 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

That would be predictable af if the masked villain turned out to not be the big bad and instead is the main character's father and directs them toward the main threat after being unmasked in a touching death scene.

LOL. With all these little clues makes the story very very twisty.