Next FE4 or FE5 Legendary Hero - Fire Emblem Heroes

BriForABri

Recently, us Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War fans were blessed with a new excuse to spend all of our hard-earned orbs. A recently released Legendary Heroes banner presented Julia: Crusader of Light. Voiced by Cassandra Lee Morris and designed by sachie (茶ちえ), she was certainly cause for major hype for me. More so because there has been a recent lack in Heroes from the Jugdral Saga being released. Needless to say, I spent my hard-earned orbs and was overjoyed when she was summoned. I then proceeded to immediately place her on my Jugdral Team along side Mareeta, Lewyn, and my +10 Seliph.

However, once I saw that Julia was a Legendary Hero, I began to ponder something... Why did Intelligent Systems pick Julia over other notable characters from FE4 and FE5? I am certainly not complaining, as I would unreasonably freak out if ANY character from FE4 or FE5 became a Legendary Hero, but when I think of other characters that may be more recognizable than Julia, I immediately think of Seliph and Leif. I just thought that these characters would've been Intelligent Systems' first choices when picking a representative from the Jugdral Saga to make a Legendary Hero.

That being said, I hope Intelligent Systems continues to create more FE4 and FE5 Legendary Heroes, but I have a question for everyone. Who do you think will be the next Legendary Hero hailing from the land of Jugdral? I would love to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions, as well as who YOU would like to see come next!  

I am hoping wel... is Quan there? If so then... hmm.... Erynis I guess? A flier seems cool.

OR how about Alec and Noish!! I'm not a heroes player but I'll like for them to be in.

21 minutes ago, FE_McFly said:

Recently, us Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War fans were blessed with a new excuse to spend all of our hard-earned orbs. A recently released Legendary Heroes banner presented Julia: Crusader of Light. Voiced by Cassandra Lee Morris and designed by sachie (茶ちえ), she was certainly cause for major hype for me. More so because there has been a recent lack in Heroes from the Jugdral Saga being released. Needless to say, I spent my hard-earned orbs and was overjoyed when she was summoned. I then proceeded to immediately place her on my Jugdral Team along side Mareeta, Lewyn, and my +10 Seliph.

However, once I saw that Julia was a Legendary Hero, I began to ponder something... Why did Intelligent Systems pick Julia over other notable characters from FE4 and FE5? I am certainly not complaining, as I would unreasonably freak out if ANY character from FE4 or FE5 became a Legendary Hero, but when I think of other characters that may be more recognizable than Julia, I immediately think of Seliph and Leif. I just thought that these characters would've been Intelligent Systems' first choices when picking a representative from the Jugdral Saga to make a Legendary Hero.

That being said, I hope Intelligent Systems continues to create more FE4 and FE5 Legendary Heroes, but I have a question for everyone. Who do you think will be the next Legendary Hero hailing from the land of Jugdral? I would love to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions, as well as who YOU would like to see come next!  

I think it is mostly because Julia was intended to be the only way you could defeat the final boss.

3 hours ago, FE_McFly said:

Heres a way to think about Julia

If you make a Legendary Hero based on FE7 who would you think of?

For Lord Eliwood, Lyn, Hector works and indeed we have those. If "Plot Relevance" is a thing? probably Nils and Ninian. You want the final boss akin to FGrima? theres Nergal. And finally theres Athos but nowadays we have Mythic Hero which is where Athos kind of character would be placed on

Julia is for all intent and purpose the Athos of FE4 in terms of how she is used in the story. Seliph might be the main protagonist, and Leif might be the even more mainer protagonist(Leif is arguably more important than Seliph in like half of Gen 2, its to the point that the game crams literally everything not Leif related in the quarter half of the game) but she's a big one in her own rights

Really if you think about it  TIKI of all people have been a Legendary Hero. Tiki's role in FE1 and FE3 is boils down to being put in the Marth army daycare and her relevance boils down to "she's essentially one of the series iconic mascot". Julia have WAY more claims than Tiki when you look at her plot relevance

Anyway on topic, Healer Leif. Leif is basically known in FE4 for being a glorified healer, and in FE5 he's the lord of the healer game so it would be fairly amusing and rather unique

My rationale is that the Book of Naga is the strongest weapon in the game (+20 to all stats or something? ._.) and the one you want to have against the final boss. Turns a complicated fight into a breeze.

Still would have prefered one of the lords but they are aware they can't just forever continue to chain-release sword lord units, which is probably what Seliph/Sigurd would have been.

I think Master Knight Leif could be anything though.

I think it makes perfect sense for Julia to be the Legendary Hero (or at least the first one); she is the one that has the most powerful weapon in all existence. Her power it's able to destroy the wicked dragons with a finesse that it's unimaginable; Julia has the most legendary abilities of the bunch.

It's a bit of Tiki and Gotoh with a weapon that destroys everything. I guess that is way Julia has some very absurd levels of damage.

The weapon of the original hero of Grannvale; Heim. Just like how Falchion is the weapon of the original hero of Akanea (Anri).

Edited by Troykv

Well, we got Julia, so...screw it, bring on legendary/mythic Julius.  Make him an armor mage with Leg Ring as an exclusive C-skill, granting unconditional +1 mov.  Make Loptous an actual threat you feel you need to bring out the dragon slayers to safely deal with.

Whatever they decide to do with potential Jugdral legendaries, I can't say I'd be excited about a possible Sigurd/Seliph introduction.  There is little doubt they will be sword cavs, and we already have three of those.  I'm really glad IS went the Julia route instead. 

Why did Intelligent Systems pick Julia over other notable characters from FE4 and FE5?

Seems like a logical choice to me, even at base she is designed to defeat Julius with that amazing Naga tome, and is often the one to defeat the final boss of the game.

Who do you think will be the next Legendary Hero hailing from the land of Jugdral?

I think the most likely next legendary/mythic hero would be Julius. He is blatantly the most powerful character on the continent (other than arguably Julia), and deserves to have a version that shows that. Plus we need more evil Legendary Heroes like Grima. As for other Genealogy characters, there is a solid argument for any wielder of the legendary weapons could be a legendary/mythic heroes, and below I will have an ordered list of 20 of them. I suppose the original Crusaders, or the draconic gods that blessed them would also work as Mythic/Legendary Heroes.

Spoiler

Travant (Blatant Favoritism I Know)

Sigurd

Emperor Arvis

Seliph

Holsety (Possessing Lewyn)

Altenna

Arione

Shannan

Eldigan

Quan

Chancellor Reptor

Lord Langobalt

Brigid

Ares

Ishtar

Claude

Deirdre

Brian of Dozel

Byron

Kurth

As for Legendary/Mythic Heroes from Thracia 776, the power level of that game makes less units seem likely or viable. Leif seem obvious as the Lord with the Bragi Sword. Saias absolutely deserves it for being the legendary 10 star general. Much as I would prefer Ced to be added as a Genealogy character, his Thracia 776 representation fits so well as Legendary Hero. I could even see Eyvel and Galzus as viable Legendary Heroes. I suppose Reinhardt is so popular that he is also in the running for a Legendary Hero slot (as the second coming of Thrud)

Sigurd is guaranteed sword cav, Seliph could be sword cav or sword infantry, and the only way either of them can escape guaranteed mediocrity is if they are min-maxed to be DC mage killers.

Leif's a weird case, because his claim to fame Master Knight can't really exist in Heroes. IMO, he doesn't deserve to be a legendary, but then again, Ryoma and Lyn made it, and he certainly deserves it more than them 

Maybe Kurth or the backstory heroes could be Legendaries? At the very least, I'll guarantee that I'd never roll for them.

I can see Julius being a Mythic (colorless dragon? blue mage?), but idk if I want him while so many "delete dragon" units are around.

Personal want: Anima Mythic Forseti!Lewyn. Green dragon maybe? C'mon IS you took the first step, now just follow through...

Some kind of Leif with the Gaebolg?

Julius isn’t somebody I considered, but if Grima can be one he certainly could. I wanted him to get a refine that makes him affected by Hone Dragons etc., which could work as a Legendary version of his weapon. But he’d definitely be red, and that already has too many legendaries.

On that note, even if Lewyn has a shaky claim, another green legendary is fine.

Yeah, Seliph, Sigurd, and Leif don't have uber-powered weapons that enable them to immediately destroy the final boss.  Julia is able to easily nuke her a-hole brother into oblivion with the weapon she gets.

That said, it'd only make sense that the characters who'd follow would be all the other holy weapon wielders, starting with the most central/important characters (those being the trio of Jugdral protags and their relatives).

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

(Leif is arguably more important than Seliph in like half of Gen 2, its to the point that the game crams literally everything not Leif related in the quarter half of the game)

It kind of does feel like a lot of the Gen 2 stuff outside of Leif's story was just kinda crammed in.

Like, there's an entire three chapters dedicated to resolving the conflict in the Thracia Peninsula, compared to the one chapter in Isaac where the crown prince of the country wasn't even around, the one chapter where you deal with Alvis at the last minute, or the final chapter which is mostly just a glorified boss rush of all the noble heads allied with Julius.

Maybe that's why Thracia 776 happened in the first place.  The guys at IS were like "Listen, Kaga, you really love those Thracia dudes, so why don't you just make a different game all about them?"

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

On that note, even if Lewyn has a shaky claim, another green legendary is fine.

Gameplay-wise, Lewyn with Holsety is one of the most powerful units in the game.  Hell, Holsety is the third-most powerful weapon in the game, second only to the Books of Naga and Loptuous.

Any Holsety user would be a solid fit.  Particularly if they're a Holsety user named Arthur, lmao.  Nothing is more legendary than being OP throughout the entirety of an arc of a game due to acquiring a ridiculously powerful weapon upon your join time.

Julia got her place as a Legendary Hero first for two reasons:

First, she is a hard counter to the game's final boss. While she serves a similar role as Athos does, Athos doesn't completely trivialize the game's final boss (and every other enemy left in the game, for that matter).

Second, the next two most likely choices, Seliph and Sigurd, are in the unfortunate situation of being utterly guaranteed to be sword units. While it is entirely possible for a Legendary Hero to get a weapon that isn't their canonical personal weapon, the canonical Major Bloodline holders of Jugdral are too intrinsically tied to their crusaders' weapons that I don't think the developers would be willing to give them a different weapon. Julia conveniently has a light tome as her personal weapon, which lets her avoid being a red unit.

Leaf is the only character I'd consider to be at all likely to receive a Legendary Hero version from Thracia, and he'd almost certainly get either the Blagi Sword or a stronger version of the Light Brand... which has the same weapon type problem as Seliph and Sigurd.

As for the next Legendary Hero from Jugdral, my prediction would be Knight Lord Seliph with a new version of Tyrfing.

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Well, we got Julia, so...screw it, bring on legendary/mythic Julius.  Make him an armor mage with Leg Ring as an exclusive C-skill, granting unconditional +1 mov.  Make Loptous an actual threat you feel you need to bring out the dragon slayers to safely deal with.

Whatever they decide to do with potential Jugdral legendaries, I can't say I'd be excited about a possible Sigurd/Seliph introduction.  There is little doubt they will be sword cavs, and we already have three of those.  I'm really glad IS went the Julia route instead. 

I actually agree. I found Julius to be an interesting character, and would love for him to counteract his twin. Also, everyone seems to always forget 2 things about him. First, that he only became evil because he was possessed by Loptous. He was originally a kindhearted guy. And second, that he is also Seliph's brother, and more Julia's brother than Seliph is. It's like everyone sees Julia and Seliph as the major 2nd gen siblings but really... It's not like Julius isn't part of the family anymore.

Just like how everyone seems to forget that Tiki has a dad and that we're still waiting to hear who he is.

As for why Julia was chosen, my guess is 2 main factors: first, that she's not a sword lord and thus brings some weapon variety. Second, she's the most viable female option from those games and Heroes likes using females as whalebait.

I mean Julius has a fair chance as a mythic hero, we have no humanoid representation of Loptous and Julius kind of is the only one as far as I know?

As for legendary hero I would also kind of bet on Leif if it must be a sword user. See Insys, this happens if you always make those generic sword lords! Welp..
Now that I think of it.. Arvis also is the uncle of Seliph, even knowing I never saw Arvis in that light... Some reason I like the family compositions there...

2 hours ago, Stroud said:

Now that I think of it.. Arvis also is the uncle of Seliph, even knowing I never saw Arvis in that light... Some reason I like the family compositions there...

Actually, I think it's more that Arvis is Seliph's stepfather. Or was Arvis Sigurd or Deodre's brother? But yeah, the dynamic between Sigurd, Deodre and Arvis is why I would like to see them featured on a Valintine's banner. It'd be interesting to see how Deodre handled it and how Arvis and Sigurd would interact.

my mind says legendary sigurd

my heart says mythic forseti

anyway whoever the next legendary/mythic hero from genealogy ends up being, they won't release him/her within the next year imho and this hurts me so bad

Edited by Yexin

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Actually, I think it's more that Arvis is Seliph's stepfather. Or was Arvis Sigurd or Deodre's brother? But yeah, the dynamic between Sigurd, Deodre and Arvis is why I would like to see them featured on a Valintine's banner. It'd be interesting to see how Deodre handled it and how Arvis and Sigurd would interact.

Well..kind of late for Spoiler Tag but.

Spoiler

Deirdre and Arvis are brother and sister, at least half brother and sister. 
This is what some people also like about Kaga I guess, that he is daring in some points. I think today you would almost have no game in this constellation. Because Insys needs to cater a bigger fanbase, from which I already see that some part of the Fanbase is totally creeped out. Even if these kind of things happened in medieval times. But it is how it is.

Overall even if some things are not best written the relationships in Genealogy are truly interesting for me. The only Fire Emblem I really like to look at a family tree. Which makes sense with the name..

Sigurd or Seliph for Genealogy, Leif for Thracia, and that is it. There are absolutely no other possibilities. All three are also going to be sword cavs which is surely going to ruffle some feathers. Loptous won’t be a “mythic” and neither would be Forseti. Thracia doesn’t have a “mythic”-grade antagonist.

9 hours ago, trainer_derp said:

Sigurd is guaranteed sword cav, Seliph could be sword cav or sword infantry, and the only way either of them can escape guaranteed mediocrity is if they are min-maxed to be DC mage killers.

Leif's a weird case, because his claim to fame Master Knight can't really exist in Heroes. IMO, he doesn't deserve to be a legendary, but then again, Ryoma and Lyn made it, and he certainly deserves it more than them 

Maybe Kurth or the backstory heroes could be Legendaries? At the very least, I'll guarantee that I'd never roll for them.

I can see Julius being a Mythic (colorless dragon? blue mage?), but idk if I want him while so many "delete dragon" units are around.

Personal want: Anima Mythic Forseti!Lewyn. Green dragon maybe? C'mon IS you took the first step, now just follow through...

How the fuck does Leif not deserve a legendary alt? That's just unfair