Tempest Trial+: For a Smile (Dec 17th)

Diovani Bressan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been a super easy TT, especially since I pulled W!Sothis. She's a beast. Doesn't care about weapon triangle, just destroys everything. Although every once in a while my auto-battle team will lose on the last map, but that's usually just because of the brain dead AI. Seriously, have you ever sat there and watched an auto-battle session? It's so aggravating, I wish the games AI was better. It would also make fighting against the AI more fun and interesting as well I think.

25 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

This has been a super easy TT, especially since I pulled W!Sothis. She's a beast. Doesn't care about weapon triangle, just destroys everything. Although every once in a while my auto-battle team will lose on the last map, but that's usually just because of the brain dead AI. Seriously, have you ever sat there and watched an auto-battle session? It's so aggravating, I wish the games AI was better. It would also make fighting against the AI more fun and interesting as well I think.

We know how the AI works, and players can generally predict with great accuracy how they move if they have the time to do so.

That means that players still have some influence on how their units behave even for autobattle.

For autobattle, if your units are doing stupid positioning Assist loops, then you have to get rid of those Assists and run some other type of Assist or not run any at all.

46 minutes ago, XRay said:

For autobattle, if your units are doing stupid positioning Assist loops, then you have to get rid of those Assists and run some other type of Assist or not run any at all.

Yeah, I usually do remove movement assist skills when doing auto-battle. I talking more about the AI rushing into an obviously poor match up and getting killed when if it just moved out of range, or had a different unit move in to get the kill everything would be fine. It's just so dopey sometimes, lol 

23 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Yeah, I usually do remove movement assist skills when doing auto-battle. I talking more about the AI rushing into an obviously poor match up and getting killed when if it just moved out of range, or had a different unit move in to get the kill everything would be fine. It's just so dopey sometimes, lol 

The enemy must attack if they have no other valid actions to perform. If they have other valid actions, they still must attack if they can deal at least 5 damage.

This is to prevent a worst case scenario where the battle never ends and the AI is running circles around the player's armor unit.

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

This is to prevent a worst case scenario where the battle never ends and the AI is running circles around the player's armor unit.

Funny, this can still happen I guess. Happened to me during the last TT. I noticed it at turn 38, I wonder if it would keep going forever? It just shows lazy programming. You'd think they'd put a thing in where is the AI notices 3 identical moves without a result, it should do the opposite move or just some kind of fail safe move?

Don't know how to embed a video, but here's the link on YouTube:  Smite Loop

Edited by TEKWRX
video link

12 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Funny, this can still happen I guess. Happened to me during the last TT. I noticed it at turn 38, I wonder if it would keep going forever? It just shows lazy programming. You'd think they'd put a thing in where is the AI notices 3 identical moves without a result, it should do the opposite move or just some kind of fail safe move?

Don't know how to embed a video, but here's the link on YouTube:  Smite Loop

Since the game is meant to be played manually, or at least have player oversight, there is not really a need to prevent the player's AI doing stupid stuff, so they just copied the enemy AI for the player to use.

Alright, tomorrow I get my 5* Christmas Jaffar! What I'm looking forward to most, though, is that Distant Guard seal. I'm usually looking forward to the TT units most of all, but I guess it's because this seal will go towards completing a unit I've been building. I'm also only 18 grails away from fully merging my Dancing Rinea! I look forward to summoning more Dancing Berkuts, too, and one more regular Boey.

Currently running Marth, Shiro, Young Azura, and Mikoto, which is somehow working.  Once I get Jaffar, it'll swap to something like (physical red unit that needs SP), Peony, Jaffar, and some other staffbot.

EDIT:

On 12/18/2019 at 1:12 PM, BoaFerox said:

It's a bit sad using regular Jaffar as a bonus unit here. Mine is +Res -Def and has his default Life and Death 3 equipped, and he reaches 46/42 offenses after getting the Tempest bonus stats... How are his stats so low, there are so many units that he struggles to hit for significant damage. The worst part is that this is with Life and Death equipped, so there really isn't anything I can do to fix him either. I guess refining his dagger might help, but it's hard to justify spending Divine Dew on Jaffar when there's so many other much stronger units that need it.

First, replace Glimmer with Luna.

Then, you need to decide what he's going to do.  Want to kill everything in sight?  Double Brazen Atk/something will jack his attack far more than Life and Death (but you'll need to stay in that HP threshold, which is a little tricky).  Atk/Def in the A slot and Atk/Spd in the S slot is probably the easiest.  Once he's at 80% HP, he'll have 55/44 offenses, which should make life easier for you.  It might be worth it to get his unique refine, so you can happily snipe at mages.  Spd refine would be the other option IMO.

The second option is to have him as a debuffer, or indirect damage dealer.  For debuffing, I'd stick with Seal Atk or Seal Spd (can't imagine you'd have a spare summer Freddy around), and Atk/Spd Smoke (yes, both).  This debuffs damn near every stat on the target and nearby enemies within two spaces.  Or you can do something like AoE special, Poison Strike (B), Savage Blow (C), and Savage Blow (S), for 17 free damage on the target, and at least 14 on surrounding enemies.  Regardless of which of the debuff/support builds you do, you'll want his unique refine.

Jaffar isn't a straightforward damage dealer, but he's extremely useful, and I'm still mad that I can't pull him.

Edited by eclipse

26 minutes ago, Steakbrine said:

My TT team is AlmL, MicaiahB, Mage Celica and Garon. Making 5k points / day manually , so I can get every reward without getting bored (it's 6 times on hardest difficulty).

Don't you use a bonus unit to boost your score by 40%? Winter Jaffar and OG Marth are pretty decent with bonus stats. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Don't you use a bonus unit to boost your score by 40%? Winter Jaffar and OG Marth are pretty decent with bonus stats. 

I'm fine with my current team (Celica with triple Brazen Atk/Spd and Escape Route is amazing, and Micaiah and Alm can nuke almost everything even without the stat boost) so I don't really need a bonus unit.

But I could replace Garon with WJaffar as he rarely attacks/tanks, he mostly uses Reposition.

2 hours ago, Steakbrine said:

My TT team is AlmL, MicaiahB, Mage Celica and Garon. Making 5k points / day manually , so I can get every reward without getting bored (it's 6 times on hardest difficulty).

Making 5k manually and without bonus unit is pretty impressive. With a bonus unit, it would be 7k, though.

1 hour ago, Steakbrine said:

I'm fine with my current team (Celica with triple Brazen Atk/Spd and Escape Route is amazing, and Micaiah and Alm can nuke almost everything even without the stat boost) so I don't really need a bonus unit.

But I could replace Garon with WJaffar as he rarely attacks/tanks, he mostly uses Reposition.

Jaffar is good, he can use armored boots and maintain the HP requirement with his healing weapon. With some help of Peony and some blocking tactics, my Jaffar just managed to kill all foes in the final lunatic/7 map:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191222-142547.png

I love Escape Route shenanigans! Celica sounds fun with it, I can also recommend combining Desperation weapons with ER (fishy bow and juicy wave for example). Especially fun in TTs where you need to get into ER range on the first map.  

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191222-134526.png