• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Eh, I think the Jugdral Saga should be remade before Awakening.

To much incest and such for them to properly remake. XD

I checked my 3DS's and I have 1,500 hours played on one, and 880 on the other for Awakening. Next highest is Fates at 500 lol.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I checked my 3DS's and I have 1,500 hours played on one, and 880 on the other for Awakening.

Combine both together and you get more hours than I have.
I need to catch up! XD

Joking, obviously, but I think it's great that one can play one's favorite games for so long and not get tired of them!

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

To much incest and such for them to properly remake. XD

I checked my 3DS's and I have 1,500 hours played on one, and 880 on the other for Awakening. Next highest is Fates at 500 lol.

...How...how do you even do that? I put in about 150 hours to fully beat Awakening plus the DLC and around 120ish hours beating Fates.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

The one I'm speaking of is where in the finals you go up against the allies you didn't have in the battle party.

*Checks the release dates* So the real copied the imitator? I've seen this premise once before, an arena battle where you fight those you aren't using, it was appropriately called "Friends Forsaken". Second hardest fight of the arena IIRC, the first being... a cameo battle. The game was Arc Rise Fantasia.

40 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It's better than the 'win the battle, lose in the cutscene' trope, in my opinion.

There is an in-between option, when victory is indicated by a quick not strictly gameplay- as in UI disappears and no damage numbers are seen- but still in the "battle mode" party-wipe followed by the battle victory screen. I saw this used once before.

---

And speaking of games I'd want to see ported to the Switch, one underrated gem of a platformer:

HatefulFailingAndeancat-max-1mb.gif

Wario Land: Shake It!

You'd have to reassign the Wii motion controls, but a button would be fine for the Earthshake Punch and tilt controls can be passed onto a control stick.

It might not be the same as WL2 or 3, but I found it a fun platformer nonetheless. And very beautiful, all the graphics and animations were done by a famed studio called Production I.G..

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is an in-between option, when victory is indicated by a quick not strictly gameplay- as in UI disappears and no damage numbers are seen- but still in the "battle mode" party-wipe followed by the battle victory screen. I saw this used once before.

How in the heck does that even work? XD

19 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Eh, I think the Jugdral Saga should be remade before Awakening.

I'd agree, actually. Anything to make FE4 more playable than it currently is. I could see the Echoes treatment doing quite a bit to make the story and characters more interesting as well.

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

How in the heck does that even work? XD

It's easier shown than explained, it's very simple. Considering this is the first boss battle from the game like an hour in, I'll post a video timestamped to the moment in question.:

53:06 to 53:13 is the exact moment I'm referring to, thats all you have to watch. The "victory screen" doesn't pop up until 54:48 though, because they chose to slip in some cutscene stuff while still loosely within in the "mode" and camera angles of battle, but this isn't what I was focusing on.

If you had the battle item that lets you see the enemy's HP at this point, you'd have seen that it was all depleted, and upon doing so, the in-battle-rendered (as opposed to transitioning out of it) wipe attack triggered (which wasn't so dramatic here because the player let Guillo get KO'ed during the fight already).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's easier shown than explained, it's very simple. Considering this is the first boss battle from the game like an hour in, I'll post a video timestamped to the moment in question.:

53:06 to 53:13 is the exact moment I'm referring to, thats all you have to watch. The "victory screen" doesn't pop up until 54:48 though, because they chose to slip in some cutscene stuff while still loosely within in the "mode" and camera angles of battle, but this isn't what I was focusing on.

If you had the battle item that lets you see the enemy's HP at this point, you'd have seen that it was all depleted, and upon doing so, the in-battle-rendered (as opposed to transitioning out of it) wipe attack triggered.

That's kind of a "lose the battle, win in the cutscene" that is integrated into the gameplay.
Clever! Thanks for sharing! ^^

36 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Combine both together and you get more hours than I have.
I need to catch up! XD

Joking, obviously, but I think it's great that one can play one's favorite games for so long and not get tired of them!

Well it's close enough, and besides, you have more Nep time than me! XD

35 minutes ago, Wraith said:

...How...how do you even do that? I put in about 150 hours to fully beat Awakening plus the DLC and around 120ish hours beating Fates.

Haha I suppose I'm just dedicated to something I love playing. I have 2,000 + on Xenoblade 2 as well. That's not to mention other games I have a ton of time in. None as much as those two, though. Why? Is that strange?

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Checks the release dates* So the real copied the imitator? I've seen this premise once before, an arena battle where you fight those you aren't using, it was appropriately called "Friends Forsaken". Second hardest fight of the arena IIRC, the first being... a cameo battle. The game was Arc Rise Fantasia.

Its something that I think is an interesting idea, but the one shot Mystic Artes against you are kinda annoying.

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Haha I suppose I'm just dedicated to something I love playing. I have 2,000 + on Xenoblade 2 as well. That's not to mention other games I have a ton of time in. None as much as those two, though. Why? Is that strange?

I guess not but how can you spend over 1000 hours on a game? 

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

FE6 is one of my least fav. games ever, so if a remake happens, it better be not faithful

Roy's our boy! XD

Seriously, I don't think it's great either.

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

I guess not but how can you spend over 1000 hours on a game? 

Depending on the game of course, a game like Xenoblade 2 has so many options/possibilities that alot of playthroughs can be completely different and feel like a new experience.

Others I really like the gameplay/cast and that draws me in alot as well. 

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

FE6 is worse than FE4, actually, imo. And I really dislike FE4. Ambush spawns and jank hit rates make it an exercise in frustration.

But FE4's hit rates are 10× worse than FE6's!

Single RN assures that.

In the brief time I played FE4, I didn't notice hit rates being too janky, actually.
Now, FE5 on the other hand... Damn you, Brighton!!! *waves fist*

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Man, after all the gaming news this year the only thing remaining to piss me off is a faithful FE6 remake

My gaming nightmare of 2020 is if it turns out Atelier Ryza 2 will have MTX and/or paid lootboxes.
Or half the game gated behind an overpriced season pass.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Didn't feel that way when I played it. It felt pretty reliable, at least more so than FE6's.

Wow, that's some luck then!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

FE4 doesn't have sub50 hitrates when you have WTA

I meant more on the other end, hit rates around 8% or so connect way to often against the player. The chapter where you recruit Shannan, every dark mage there hit him and I had to restart. Right away. XD

Edited by lightcosmo

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I meant more on the other end, hit rates around 8% or so connect way to often against the player. The chapter where you recruit Shannan, every dark mage there hit him and I had to restart. Right away. XD

OOF

that's some bad luck, yeah

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

My gaming nightmare of 2020 is if it turns out Atelier Ryza 2 will have MTX and/or paid lootboxes.

It's 2020, so better be ready for anything

Edited by Shrimperor