• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Been Atelier'ing.

Few games manage to be as relaxing as Atelier Sophie is.
Although changing the music to ULTRA HYPE!!! during miniboss fights is amazing, too!
To wit: that Silent Beast I need to defeat for Plachta's Memories? I fought and defeated it to the awesomeness that is Ancient Flame. Because that's what the thing went under in.
Having two people be able to use bombs is insanely useful (Sophie and fellow alchemist girl Corneria).

Also, introducing my absolute favorite gathering area in all of Atelier: the Forgotten Nursery. Which is also a stage in Warriors All-Stars.
LfXWywA.jpg
sz97zSv.jpg

Accompanied by this absolutely beautiful theme, I couldn't help but just stand there for a while and take in the scenery.
Until those green Punis and plant monsters noticed me and I had to fight them, that is. XD

And this is what I mean when I call Atelier, Sophie in particular, very relaxing.

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, introducing my absolute favorite gathering area in all of Atelier: the Forgotten Nursery. Which is also a stage in Warriors All-Stars.

So ummm, is it me, or does the Mysterious Trilogy actually have good dungeons? Alteast from pictures and videos i saw, the dungeon design seems to be legit, atleast compared to Lulua

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So ummm, is it me, or does the Mysterious Trilogy actually have good dungeons? Alteast from pictures and videos i saw, the dungeon design seems to be legit, atleast compared to Lulua

Can't speak for the other Mysterious games, but I found the design of the different areas in Atelier Sophie to be great. I wouldn't really call them dungeons, though. At least in most cases. There are some that get a lot more dungeon-y later on, but the early ones are just pleasant little areas in which you can gather and fight stuff.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

icic

Yup.
The first area you can visit looks like this:
M74pSPF.jpg
You can see the minimap on the upper right there and that's the whole area. Green dots are gathering points, red dots are enemies.
There are a lot of areas very much like this. The Forgotten Nursery actually has four segments (I only got to screenshot two of them, because the third segment has strong enemies that aggro you the moment you enter, the fourth is an underground kitchen with not much open space to calmly take screenshots without getting ambushed by Punis), so it feels more like a dungeon than most others. But they do exist. They're just in a minority.

47 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Dungeon design in Atelier....fluctuates.

In games like Atelier Rorona and Escha & Logy, dungeons have multiple sections. In Totori, Meruru, Ayesha and Shallie, the dungeons are about on par with what you saw in Lulua, with the occasional exception. And then Ryza just opts for a normal world. No world map in that, all the areas are interconnected and relatively bigger than dungeons in the previous games.

@DragonFlames

I should probably check if some of the ones I'm following (thanks to you, btw! ^^) are among them. XD
Also, my favorites at the moment are The Holy Grail of Eris and the one you recommended to me today. The others are pretty good, too, though!

Eris is also one of my current top favs atm, and should be getting an update soon^^

Also, use RSS follows for fast update notifs 😄 (if you have an account there)

@DragonFlames

Eris is also one of my current top favs atm, and should be getting an update soon^^

Very nice! ^^

Also, use RSS follows for fast update notifs 😄 (if you have an account there)

That, I do not! The only place you will find me on the world wide web is right here! But thanks for the tip, anyway! ^^
I have all the manga you recommended to me individually bookmarked and I regularly check if they've been updated or not. XD
Although now that I look at it again... I forgot to bookmark the latest one. F***! >.<

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I have all the manga you recommended to me individually bookmarked and I regularly check if they've been updated or not. XD

That sounds like a pain ngl XD

don't tell me you missed the last 2 prisma chapters haha

Edited by Shrimperor

@twilitfalchion if you every play Thracia, this might help

It's a bit outdated as it is done with the old TL in mind, so you can completely ignore the menu section because modern TL is kino, but it has some really useful tips, as Thracia as some mechanics that were never seen again in FE

also

https://www.fireemblemwod.com/ENG_fe5.htm

thracia_776_guide.docx

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@twilitfalchion if you every play Thracia, this might help

It's a bit outdated as it is done with the old TL in mind, so you can completely ignore the menu section because modern TL is kino, but it has some really useful tips, as Thracia as some mechanics that were never seen again in FE

also

https://www.fireemblemwod.com/ENG_fe5.htm

thracia_776_guide.docx 459.49 kB · 0 downloads

Nice. Thank you.

Finished chapters 3 and 4 today. Both were incredibly easy, with only the Green units causing problems, (Heckin' 2% crit...) and Mage Raphael has unironically been good so far. Fighter! Lysithea is perfectly fine too. Hoping it gets much, much harder, as these last two maps were rather disappointing. Still mostly enjoying the game, though!

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Finished chapters 3 and 4 today. Both were incredibly easy, with only the Green units causing problems, (Heckin' 2% crit...) and Mage Raphael has unironically been good so far. Fighter! Lysithea is perfectly fine too. Hoping it gets much, much harder, as these last two maps were rather disappointing. Still mostly enjoying the game, though!

Trust me. It gets more difficult. 3H has a better-designed difficulty curve than almost every other FE game in that it doesn't start out difficult and get easier; the difficulty scales up along with you as you level up your units, especially if you ignore aux battles.

I really, really, really hope so.. I've noticed so far that everything you do seems to break the game in half-Lysithea hasn't gotten a point in strength yet capably handles most enemies, Leonie is level 3 and still really good, etc.

I do legitimately fear that Berwick has ruined FE for me, though.

I do like battalions and skills associated with them quite a lot and wouldn't mind 'em in future games, although I find (enemy) gambits just to be annoying no-counter devices. I like stride, though. Super broken but fun to mess around with.

Unbenannt.PNG

https://feuniverse.us/t/pokemblem-lets-beat-brock/8875/

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

Finished chapters 3 and 4 today. Both were incredibly easy

I mean, they are chapter 3 and 4.

The game ramps up around chapter 7, then becomes easy again at 9-10, and then from 12 onwards becomes quite challenging

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

just to be annoying no-counter devices

Game is very Player phase focused.

Game is very Player phase focused.

Personally, I'd rather have enemes have skills such as death blow/darting blow, or be all around dangerous rather than use the Be annoying button.

I mean, they are chapter 3 and 4

Eh, Berwick Saga's first map and subsquent maps have a very nice difficulty curve, but it's not brain dead..

Gah. Berwick DEFINITELY ruined FE for me... Curse you, Kaga! I wanna like the popular games! Well, best wait until I finish VW befoe deciding. Not sure if I'll do all four routes, though-playing the first 12 maps a total of 48 times is kinda daunting..

Edited by Benice