Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I invited a Catholic courtier who had claim to the Byzantine Empire to my court, and pressed her claim. Problem is that I'll have to do hard work to keep her on the throne and hopefully she ensure to have a Catholic successor, thanks to the Imperial Elective process they follow. Unfortunately I can't get her into an Alliance. That "Political Concerns" modifier that's the bane of every player since even to date no one knows how it gets calculated. Anyway, I found a way to loophole it. Once a revolt starts seeking to depose the Empress, I check the claimants for the titles the Revolt Leader holds, invite one, and war for their claim. Doesn't matter if I win or not, so long I weaken the revolt so it can get crushed. Though if I can... well, I don't exactly know what will happen. I don't need to worry on backing out as once the revolt gets crushed the war auto-ends. It will be a long road of giving a helping hand.

Can't you just warn the rebels "If Constantinople does not subject itself once more to the primacy of the Pope, I'll have the Venetians set sail"? That should make them submit.

• Replies 176.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And if Vietnam represents East Asia, and if no Portugal exists, then a North American Native American civilization could be likely because the Maya in NFP are more Latin America. The Iroquois/Haudenosaunee maybe because they're a safe and popular North America choice, which may be desirable after the Cree controversy. Although a Southeastern Woodlands Native America group or an American Southwest one (unlikely because the Pueblo didn't want to be in Civ V) would be different and refreshing.

Saw this and just gonna say... do they? Because I'm pretty sure that Gran Colombia was the Latin America representation.

And despite what people largely think... Mayans are North American Natives, dammit! Everything north of the Darién Gap is North America!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can't you just warn the rebels "If Constantinople does not subject itself once more to the primacy of the Pope, I'll have the Venetians set sail"? That should make them submit.

Pft, Crusades haven't been unlocked yet. A Fourth Crusade esque event is possible, actually.

Despite my grievances with Pokemon nowadays (especially Gen 8), good fanart is always something that i can look forward too. Crossover fanart especially.

And that's what i found today: Pokemon x Shin Godzilla fanart and this made a lot of sense given that Shin Godzilla evolves throughout the film.

Eh5Ag_eUwAAz4fy?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Eh5AjBNVoAE3IB5?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Eh5AjBmVgAAX0tz?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Eh5AjCBU0AEdYGC?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The source

@Lightchao42 @Espurrhoodie Since both of you are Godzilla fans, i'm tagging you to see this (even if Espurr hasn't seen any of the Japanese Godzilla movies yet iirc).

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Armor units learn shove (and you can push enemy units into Traps with them)

Actually good Armor units, let's goooo!

What's evil is that she hijacks player phase to attack you xD

Tbf she doesn't attack during enemy phase.

I don't think i'd like that. I mean, like you said, the gimmick on paper does seem cool but not with 3-10 attack range.

There's no perma death, but characters who fall aren't available the chapter after.

Is it like FE5 Fatigue where they aren't available the chapter after but they come back after that?

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Claude and Hubert are absolutely the impostors.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

MkHNtpV.jpguJerpBT.jpg

lol

200.gif

Same energy

39 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Saw this and just gonna say... do they? Because I'm pretty sure that Gran Colombia was the Latin America representation.

And despite what people largely think... Mayans are North American Natives, dammit! Everything north of the Darien Gap is North America!

I should've clarified, I personally count the Maya and Gran Colombia as Latin American representation, not sure if Firaxis does. One pre-contact indigenous representative, and one more modern. 

It's possible they won't have a "Native Americans who were forced onto reservations by the United States of America" in the New Frontier Pass. But the great big USA currently has no Native American groups that once had it all to themselves represented in Civ VI right now, that feels empty. There is the Cree up in Canada, a First Nation is good for reminding people Canada had its (marginalized by Europeans) indigenous peoples too, thats nice. But Civ V had the Shoshone, Sioux, and Iroquois, plus the Mayans and Aztecs of course, which means even if you count the Cree as the equivalent of one of those three (and the Cree's unique Scout replacement and free extra tiles appear to align stylistically with the Shoshone), thats a deficit of two, despite Civ VI after NFP having 7 more civilizations than V. If the NFP doesn't add a single additional indigenous group north of the Rio Grande, then I blame Canada.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I see that Tales of Xillia 2 changed how mystic artes are activated from the first game, that's slightly annoying.

Now you don't need Arcane Artes, you just need to use a linked Arte. 0/10 stupid game design.

although it's neat that you can activate your link partners Mystic Arte as well, I can admit that.

Moar Rune Factory 4 stuff.
Summer has begun and we got a day at the beach event, where everyone was, predictably, at the beach.
I didn't (or rather, couldn't) participate in that event, though. Guess it's just there because obligatory beach episode or something.
Anyway, I also visited the Obsidian Villa once and managed to finally get the first monster barn expansion. In addition to my chicken, wooly, red rabbit/fox thingie, and apple, I now also have a cow, a fairy, a grim reaper-looking ghost (which are nasty when they appear in groups as enemies), and one of those annoying Archer Goblins from the water ruins.
Things are progressing slowly, though. I don't have enough Prince Points to get a license to open up a shop for the task I accepted - and you can't do any other tasks while one is active, so I'm kind of stuck on that front at the moment.
And then, I got another Town Event... that is, it shows me that there is one, but I went around town three or four times, talked to the participants over and over, and nothing happened that would indicate any special event. It was just the regular daily chatter, nothing more.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

I see that Tales of Xillia 2 changed how mystic artes are activated from the first game, that's slightly annoying.

Now you don't need Arcane Artes, you just need to use a linked Arte. 0/10 stupid game design.

although it's neat that you can activate your link partners Mystic Arte as well, I can admit that.

I actually prefer it this way, honestly. It makes activating Mystic Artes slightly easier.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Summer has begun and we got a day at the beach event, where everyone was, predictably, at the beach.
I didn't (or rather, couldn't) participate in that event, though. Guess it's just there because obligatory beach episode or something.

Beach Day doesn't have any activity tied to it. It's really just the game's way of celebrating the first day of summer (and a way of showing off the characters in swimsuits, for those who wear them). Nothing happens other than some unique dialogue.

And then, I got another Town Event... that is, it shows me that there is one, but I went around town three or four times, talked to the participants over and over, and nothing happened that would indicate any special event. It was just the regular daily chatter, nothing more.

Sometimes talking to them won't necessarily activate any cutscenes immediately, but will happen over the course of a few days in some cases.

Anyway, I also visited the Obsidian Villa once and managed to finally get the first monster barn expansion. In addition to my chicken, wooly, red rabbit/fox thingie, and apple, I now also have a cow, a fairy, a grim reaper-looking ghost (which are nasty when they appear in groups as enemies), and one of those annoying Archer Goblins from the water ruins.

Wow, nice progress! That's quite a few monsters to have. You probably have quite a bit of apples, milk, eggs, and other materials as well. That'll be really useful for crafting, forging, and cooking so you don't have to go grinding like I did when I made all that Flan.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Beach Day doesn't have any activity tied to it. It's really just the game's way of celebrating the first day of summer (and a way of showing off the characters in swimsuits, for those who wear them). Nothing happens other than some unique dialogue.

Ah, okay. I got confused since it played the festival music.

Sometimes talking to them won't necessarily activate any cutscenes immediately, but will happen over the course of a few days in some cases.

I see. That makes more sense now.
But it's still kind of weird, since nothing that day pointed to any Town Event happening. If I wasn't unable to have Xiao Pai come with me for adventuring, I probably wouldn't even have noticed that there was one at all (sadly, it's not one of the two that is required for her marriage event to unlock).

Thanks for telling me about this, though! ^^

Wow, nice progress! That's quite a few monsters to have. You probably have quite a bit of apples, milk, eggs, and other materials as well. That'll be really useful for crafting, forging, and cooking so you don't have to go grinding like I did when I made all that Flan.

Sadly, the apple monster doesn't drop apples. I still have to go out to get those manually if I want them.
But the eggs and milk part is correct! I also have quite a bit of fur and fairy dust now, which is also nice.

Also, the limit for each barn extension seems to be 4 monsters, I've noticed.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Sadly, the apple monster doesn't drop apples. I still have to go out to get those manually if I want them.

Oh, really? I never tamed one of them (I planted an apple tree a while back so that gives me the apples I need), so I didn't know that. Interesting.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, really? I never tamed one of them (I planted an apple tree a while back so that gives me the apples I need), so I didn't know that. Interesting.

Kind of a shame, honestly, but no dealbreaker, since eventually, I'll probably be able to plant a tree of my own and the things run around in droves outside of town, so I can just kill them to get apples.
I tamed it mostly because I found its design to be hilariously adorable.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Kind of a shame, honestly, but no dealbreaker, since eventually, I'll probably be able to plant a tree of my own and the things run around in droves outside of town, so I can just kill them to get apples.
I tamed it mostly because I found its design to be hilariously adorable.

IIRC you find apple tree seeds from a monster in the Obsidian Mansion or by exploring nearby. I could be wrong though. An apple tree takes 30 days to grow IIRC but the payoff is worth it.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

IIRC you find apple tree seeds from a monster in the Obsidian Mansion or by exploring nearby. I could be wrong though. An apple tree takes 30 days to grow IIRC but the payoff is worth it.

Ah, then I should be able to get some soon! That's good to know!

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Correction: Apple trees take 62 days to grow and can be found (as well as seeds for other trees randomly dropping) “from the tree two screens left and then one screen north of Obsidian Mansion.”

Alright! I will keep this in mind!
Thank you so much! ^^

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Why do I need arcane artes though? Without that, they arent that great.

I don't really remember it that well, but if I remember correctly, they do more damage and combo easier. And there are some linked artes that use arcane ones as their base.