• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

don't forget pictures 😉

I got you.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

What plans you got for units? And what house are you picking?

I have no idea! I'm doing my best to be truly blind, but I know I'm going 

• VW, Hard/Classic
  • No aux battles at all
  • As for units-Mage/spellcaster Raphael is prolly the only one I'm dead-set on, (wgat is the highest mage-equivalent class in the game? 'Cause ideally, Raph is gonna be a sage.) But I also intend to go dancer Annette, Ashe as a warrior/whatever gives wrath, Ignatz as a sniper or bow knight, Lysithea as a Fortress knight, (or gremory, if I need a good unit) Marriane as...I dunno, dark flier or priest? Byleth will certainly be a healer.

Which class gives wrath, actually? I love wrath/vantage builds.

1 minute ago, Benice said:
  • As for units-Mage/spellcaster Raphael is prolly the only one I'm dead-set on, (wgat is the highest mage-equivalent class in the game? 'Cause ideally, Raph is gonna be a sage.) But I also intend to go dancer Annette, Ashe as a warrior/whatever gives wrath, Ignatz as a sniper or bow knight, Lysithea as a Fortress knight, (or gremory, if I need a good unit) Marriane as...I dunno, dark flier or priest? Byleth will certainly be a healer.

I recommend you don't recruit much, if any at all

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I recommend you don't recruit much, if any at all

Nah, I only really want Ashe and Annette, 'cause I like them as characters.

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

• VW, Hard/Classic
  • No aux battles at all

The highest mage class is Gremory... which is female exclusive. Males have to settle for Warlock, or if you want a Master class, Dark Knight or *snickers* Holy Knight (by the way, Raphael is bad in Riding). Also, mastering Warrior gets you Wrath - unfortunately, Vantage/Wrath is not that good in 3H, as enemies can just get around it by using gambits. Not to mention axes are kinda lackluster in 3H imho. What gender Byleth will you have?

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

Males have to settle for Warlock, or if you want a Master class, Dark Knight or *snickers* Holy Knight (by the way, Raphael is bad in Riding

Warlock it is!

Also, mastering Warrior gets you Wrath

Whoops. Right, Merc is Vantage.

Vantage/Wrath is not that good in 3H, as enemies can just get around it by using gambits. Not to mention axes are kinda lackluster in 3H imho.

I mean, I'm using Mage Raphael, so I'm not too concerned about my units being good.

That said, good to know for when I do BL maddening. Thanks!

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Wait. You're going to do maddening? You really love to suffer, don't you? 😛

Eventually, yes, just to see what it's like. (I intend to go GD-CF-CHURCH-BL, with BL being on maddening mode.)

I mean, I know it's horrendous, but still worth trying, right?

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well, 4-1 and 4-2 are done. Not particularly difficult, just tedious and long. RIP Kyza and Lyre. Not that they were any good anyway.

Up next is the desert map.

How many units have you gotten killed that you elected to use those piles of garbage???

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Byleth solo maddening.

IncredibleOrganicBug-size_restricted.gif

Do I look like Mekkah to you? How dare you, I'll kill you!

/s

...maybe.

Gah! Ten minutes left!

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

How many units have you gotten killed that you elected to use those piles of garbage???

It's not that I've gotten that many characters killed, but that the best units in my hawk army setup saw most of the action and the crap units like Kyza and Lyre were more useful as meatshields than anything else.

Tauroneo, Tibarn (MVP right there), and Brom tanked most of 4-2 while Ranulf and Janaff picked off the rest. Lucia got a few kills as well thanks to Elincia having Mercy active.

Just found out the first four notes of this song are D, E, A, and D. Considering the Galaxy, that's actually really fucking cool.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

F for my... uh... 4. XD

"Wait, Roc's gender is 4"

*loads gun*

"Always has been"

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Oh my god XD

Is that referencing what I think it is?

Yes. Monolith Soft knows the pain they have inflicted on us. And they are proud of it.

2 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Oh hey! Skull Island is actually on TV and I'll be able to watch it!

Very nice!

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Right, but doesnt she also have critical rate up for the entire party? 

I think so.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Persona 5 on Switch is something I would love to see.
If only so the people who don't own a Playstation can experience the game for themselves.

Preferably Royal because it'd be pretty stinky if Switch users get the vanilla version.

Wish I could be enjoying something like TH already.

Ah well, I still have SoV to go through. Still haven't really advanced through Act 3 after doing RotD. I was gonna do the Cipher maps next, THEN finally do Act 3.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

I got you.

• VW, Hard/Classic
  • No aux battles at all

The classes of three houses are split into 4* tiers. Beginner, intermediate, advanced, and master I’ll let you guess the order and while their are mAgIc master classes, they somewhat take the focus away from magic. The three master classes Raphael can certify for are Dark Knight, Holy Knight, and Mortal Savant. Dark knight is an offensive magic based calvary, Holy Knight is the same but focusing on healing magic, and Mortal Savant is magic and swords. All of these will take serious investment in swords/riding (+ faith potentially) to get into as they are master classes, on top of reason magic. The highest straight mage class (as in just reason magic, which is basically anima btw) is in advanced tier and is Warlock OR Dark Bishop which might be better for Raphael because it’s slightly tankier, but certifying for it and dark mags require beating a very challenging enemy. That’s all I’ll say for now to avoid spoilers, unless you want more details on said enemy (and potentially how to beat them, which is easy on gd if you use a special someone).

I put an asterisk next to 4 in the tiers because there’s a 5th class tier that’s basically just the dlc tier, and they’re “in between” (in the listing order) advanced and mastery but they’re a fine final class (SIDE NOTE: advanced classes are perfectly serviceable as final classes, you do not need everyone to get a mastery. Some advanced classes are straight up better than master classes and they’re generally on the same power level, along with dlc classes.) If you have the dlc, Raphael will have access to (the spoiler bar is dlc classes incase you don’t have it).

Spoiler

Trickster, which is swords and faith and is basically assassin but with magic, and War Monk, which is brawling and faith, and would definitely be Raphael’s best magic class because it’s kinda like a war master, what the game wants you to make him so you won’t use it if you have the dlc.

On the topic of dlc, if you don’t have it, Marianne (and everyone else for that matter) won’t have access to the dark flier class. Although males wouldn’t anyway because gender exclusive 😭

Finally, wrath is gained from mastering the warrior class (class mastery is basically when a unit enters combat or heals a certain number of times in a class they’ll get an ability, combat art, or both) and vantage is gained from mastering the mercenary class. Additional side note: there are also the skills battalion wrath and battalion vantage, which are the same as regular but instead of going off of hp they go off of battalion endurance, which lowers as you use gambits, and instead of battalion endurance being 50% or lower to trigger, it’s 1/3 or lower (which is easy to get (and yes, wrath and battalion wrath do stack)). Both of these skills are learned by leveling in authority, although Ashe specifically can’t learn either of them. That should about cover it, if you want to, feel free to pm me about any questions like how I always annoy you about berwick, you may get your revenge and I should be able to get back to you relatively quickly because I don’t have a life am usually free. Enjoy the game!

Edited by Sooks1016

55 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

dark mags require beating a very challenging enemy. That’s all I’ll say for now to avoid spoilers, unless you want more details on said enemy (and potentially how to beat them, which is easy on gd if you use a special someone).

I assume you mean the Death Knight, right?

56 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

like how I always annoy you about berwick, you may get your revenge

I actually like being able to talk about Berwick-if you have even the tiniest thing to ask, please do! Super happy to help.

Anyways, thank you for the info! That was very helpful.

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

That he does. However, the classes Dark Seals grant you aren't exactly worth it unless your name is Hubert.

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ah, so you are aware. Yes I do. He’s practically impossible to beat in his first appearances if your Lysithea isn’t in a magic class (and trained up enough) so good luck if you want dark bishop Raphael!

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

I actually like being able to talk about Berwick-if you have even the tiniest thing to ask, please do! Super happy to help.

Anyways, thank you for the info! That was very helpful.

I was joking about the berwick thing, but you’re welcome! It was literally my please though, talking three houses is always fun.