• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sounds like an interesting concept, honestly.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If Zelda can get ancient tech and Guardian machines, then FE can get tech or something similar. The idea sounds interesting to me.

How would you balance it though so that it  makes sense, that's a question as well.

Like, i can imagine The ''Tech'' side would've an advantage as their tanks would be immune to most physical weapons.

Hmm

And how do you differentiate units from each other so that they aren't just reskins?

Example: Archers would be 2-3 Range, but attack diagonally, while Rifle duded would've longer range, but can only attack in a straight line. Sniper rifles would be super long range, but have a recharge time ala Hyper beam, while Siege magic is same as usual

And then we get Pegasi vs. Air Fighters..Wild xD

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd rather go the magitech route.

That would be cool as well. I think FE needs to venture more into high fantasy and magitech and less into ''medieval but with some magic and dragons''

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That would be cool as well. I think FE needs to venture more into high fantasy and magitech and less into ''medieval but with some magic and dragons''

Well, ever since Awakening, they certainly have elements more in light to the Modern Era than the Medieval one. Perhaps in a few games down the road it will be even more and more.

Though I wouldn't mind going back to Medieval-like every now and then.

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

How would you balance it though so that it  makes sense, that's a question as well.

Like, i can imagine The ''Tech'' side would've an advantage as their tanks would be immune to most physical weapons.

Hmm

And how do you differentiate units from each other so that they aren't just reskins?

Example: Archers would be 2-3 Range, but attack diagonally, while Rifle duded would've longer range, but can only attack in a straight line. Sniper rifles would be super long range, but have a recharge time ala Hyper beam, while Siege magic is same as usual

And then we get Pegasi vs. Air Fighters..Wild xD

It would be unbalanced af, I imagine.
But in whose favor remains to be seen, since... Magic can get pretty crazy. And applying fantasy logic to the real world is not easy.

But I'll be honest, such a setting would be wacky as hell, so it'd be pretty fun, regardless of logic or balance. XD

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That's my one gripe with the series, to be honest. I wish we'd get into more high fantasy stuff. As is, it sometimes feels half-baked. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

since Awakening, they certainly have elements more in light to the Modern Era than the Medieval one.

hmm

except for the Academy in 3H i can't think of anything that feels post awakening ''modern-istic''. And even the academy wasn't that 'modern'

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That's my one gripe with the series, to be honest. I wish we'd get into more high fantasy stuff. As is, it sometimes feels half-baked. XD

We have all that magic stuff like Warp and Dragon and god knows what

Give us a nation that's actually magically advanced. Not just the magic units XD

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

hmm

except for the Academy in 3H i can't think of anything that feels post awakening ''modern-istic''. And even the academy wasn't that 'modern'

The Academy certainly feels Modern. For clarification, Modern Era is XVI to XIX centuries. We currently live in the Contemporary Era, which is XX century to today.

As for the rest, well, it's because it's usually just few things. Mostly centered on the DLC. Like, come on, those Anna's have things like cameras (some even for video), just magic powered. That's Modern, even borderline Contemporary. Although truth be told Light Magic would definitely speed up the invention of the camera by centuries. Knowing how to do it is ancient knowledge, after all. Having the means to permanently do it eluded us until the XVIII-XIX centuries, however.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Mostly centered on the DLC. Like, come on, those Anna's have things like cameras (some even for video), just magic powered.

ah that.

Now if only they involve that in the main games and make a whole ''modern magic'' society, so to say

12 hours ago, Wraith said:

Happy Birthday Armagon!

12 hours ago, Benice said:

Happy birthday, Armagon!

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Happy birthday, my friend! Hope it will be a good one!

5 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

495s2i.jpg

Happy Birthday! Welcome to the 20s!

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Happy birthday @Armagon!

4 hours ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

Congrats for another year Armagon!

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Happy birthday Armagon!

il_fullxfull.737455557_9bc2.jpg

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Happy birthday!

"Divide ten thousand

by five hundred, twenty shows.

Twenty lives he lived?

Whatever the number be

live your one life happily."

Thank you all!

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I did like the fireside chats, Torna's limited cast (well 11 is a lot, but it doesn't feel like it's bloated) has a close-knit feel to it. The chats being missable doesn't have much of a good reason unless they're topical to the ephemeral happenings of the story, but Torna doesn't have a lot of dynamics in that regard.

Yeah, i like the fireside chats, i just don't think they serve as a good replacement. Again, i think the Quiet Moments in Future Connected did a much better job at being HtH replacements (even if they are exclusively the "Character A talks to Character B" format, with the exception of the second Melia/Tyrea QM).

41 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So random Shrimp rumbling time 

Totally random and probably idiotic xD

Anyway, this is an idea i've had for years that keeps popping up every now and then

a ''Magic vs. Tech'' like FE

basically one side would be Magic, Swords, Dragons and all that (high) fantasy stuff

and the other side would be guns, Tanks, Helicopters, etc.

The absolute closest we've gotten to this is Ch.22 in Golden Deer route. Would be nice if they expanded upon the concept.

Actually, just bring back Fire Emblem on Mars.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Give us a nation that's actually magically advanced. Not just the magic units XD

Can't believe you did Merric's home country dirty like that smh.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Can your computer run it well? Or did you actually snag a copy?

It turns out that I tried to run it on my old computer, and that's why it struggled.

I mean, my old computer could barely run GBA games...

Just now, Shrimperor said:

what now? xD

Fire Emblem Awakening was originally supposed to be set on Mars before they decided against it, thinking it would alienate the whole fanbase.

Now that Fire Emblem is financially succesful, they should bring that idea back. Go all out.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Fire Emblem Awakening was originally supposed to be set on Mars before they decided against it, thinking it would alienate the whole fanbase.

Wait, what? Is that true?

Fire Emblem on Mars is just Zone of the Enders - Fist of Mars. Except sci-fi with mechas. So not really like Fire Emblem, I suppose. More like SRW.

Where was I going with this again...?

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Lightsaber Emblem?

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wait, what? Is that true?

From Iwata Asks

Iwata

Maeda-san, do you remember what the other suggestions were like?

Maeda

One idea that came up within the team was, well, it was Mars.

Iwata

Mars?!

Maeda

Yeah. Fighting on Mars.

Iwata

Fighting on Mars?!

Kusakihara

Now I know why Yamagami-san was like, "That's too much!"

Everyone

(laughs loudly)

Yamagami

I was like, "Is that even Fire Emblem?!" (laughs) In the end, such a drastic break didn't go very well.

Full interview here

There was also this but i haven't heard anything about it.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Lightsaber Emblem?

Idk if they went that far but that does sound sick ngl.

I just realized, y'all talking about how you want Fire Emblem games with magitech and whatnot when Tokyo Mirage Sessions is right there lmao.

According to the story blurb, Chrom travels to Mars by means of an Outrealm Gate; his adventure begins with a campaign to rout the bandits of Olympus Mons.

Ahahaha

typical Fire emblem

If that isn't the mark of a Fire Emblem game, i don't know what is xD

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Full interview here

Yamagami

Mainly Higuchi-san. Ever since we made Fire Emblem: Shin Monsho no Nazo, I'd been proposing that we make a new game. The game would be Fire Emblem, but you could enjoy a different world, like—to take an extreme example—the modern world.

Iwata

Huh? The modern world? That's shocking… (laughs)

Yamagami

All sorts of ideas came up, but they were all going a little too far, so it was hard.

Higuchi

Yeah. We were groping around at one thing or another so that people who have played Fire Emblem until now would be comfortable picking it up, while new players would at least take a little interest. One of those things we were thinking about was a change in the way it looked.

Iwata

What kind of proposals were you making?

Yamagami

(laughs) A game called Fire Emblem 2011.

Iwata

2011?

Higuchi

Yeah. (laughs) We made proposals that were a complete departure from the medieval worldview so far—like Fire Emblem completely in the modern world or the one which has the sense of an fairy tale. But they were too far out, so we couldn't get started. (laughs)

Lol

xD

I like the Fairy tale idea though

I just realized, y'all talking about how you want Fire Emblem games with magitech and whatnot when Tokyo Mirage Sessions is right there lmao.

Maybe if it had FE gameplay i would've cared about it xD

Edited by Shrimperor

Thanks @Benice and any other people who might have mentionned my Birthday, although I don't care much TBH I even asked my family to stop saying happy birthday and trying to organize my Bday because for me it's a childish capitalist argument to push people into buying more and more unneeded things.

From Iwata Asks

Iwata

Maeda-san, do you remember what the other suggestions were like?

Maeda

One idea that came up within the team was, well, it was Mars.

Iwata

Mars?!

Maeda

Yeah. Fighting on Mars.

Iwata

Fighting on Mars?!

Kusakihara

Now I know why Yamagami-san was like, "That's too much!"

Everyone

(laughs loudly)

Yamagami

I was like, "Is that even Fire Emblem?!" (laughs) In the end, such a drastic break didn't go very well.

Full interview here

There was also this but i haven't heard anything about it.

Surprised I've never come across this before.