Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Truth.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

In this fucking heat? Of course i do.

I live in Florida and i still wouldn't take a cold shower unless there was no alternative.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Hanna-Barbera Godzilla is still a more faithful interpretation of Godzilla than Godzilla 98.

If you think the Hanna-Barbera series is strange, you should check out A Space Godzilla (no relation to the SpaceGodzilla that ended up being made), an unmade movie that makes Zilla look like a completely normal incarnation of Godzilla.  Besides its overall weirdness, it's rather inconsistent with what the Showa series established about Godzilla. There's also God's Godzilla, where Godzilla and Jesus destroy the world or something. The time between Terror of Mechagodzilla and The Return of Godzilla was a strange one for movie ideas.

And way back in the fifties, there was an unmade followup to Godzilla Raids Again called Bride of Godzilla, in which a scientist builds a giant robot version of his daughter who Godzilla falls in love with after she kills Anguirus and a giant archaeopteryx (who may have been an early concept for Rodan) before she self-destructs and blows him up. They considered reviving it after Terror of Mechagodzilla, which isn't too surprising given the above ideas.

The Resurrection of Godzilla, the last pre-Heisei unmade movie, is comparatively normal, but it had Bagan in it so the universe decreed that it couldn't be made.

18 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

If you think the Hanna-Barbera series is strange, you should check out A Space Godzilla (no relation to the SpaceGodzilla that ended up being made), an unmade movie that makes Zilla look like a completely normal incarnation of Godzilla.

*reads article*

"In Arizona, strange signals are detected coming from a dark nebula. Meanwhile, Godzilla washes up on the shores of Japan, dying of diabetes."

The first two sentences alone are a trip. But yeah, Godzilla being an alien whose name isn't actually Godzilla just doesn't sit right with me. That and dying of diabetes. I know it's a franchise about dying monsters but Godzilla dying of common disease feels wrong.

18 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

There's also God's Godzilla, where Godzilla and Jesus destroy the world or something.

Though it was never made, i do find it interesting that the idea of Godzilla being a genuianly malevolent being was used decades later in GMK.

Edited by Armagon

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I live in Florida and i still wouldn't take a cold shower unless there was no alternative.

It feels like swimming pool tbh

a few seconds in and your body gets used to it

and you just don't wanna come out

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Btw, what level are Margaret's love points at? 7 is the minimum level to confess and be accepted, but it's likely that you'd need it to be higher.

Five and a half right now-I just finished the Water temple, so I don't know if I'm fast or slow. (Forte's nearly level four, and Clorica's about halfway to four. I have no clue why Forte's gaining so many points with me given that I'm not giving her about 27 potatoes every day... Maybe it's because she was the first to join me on expeditions?)

(And it's the 19th of spring so far.)

Edited by Benice

I still can't get over the fact the recovery tiles were turned into crates of oranges...

Tenían que ser Naranjas Valencianas...

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Yep. Nep music has become a permanent part of my workout playlist. So many banging tracks.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

i still wouldn't take a cold shower unless there was no alternative.

Same. Had to take one recently because of a power outage. I'd never want to have to do that again.

47 minutes ago, Benice said:

Five and a half right now-I just finished the Water temple, so I don't know if I'm fast or slow. (Forte's nearly level four, and Clorica's about halfway to four. I have no clue why Forte's gaining so many points with me given that I'm not giving her about 27 potatoes every day... Maybe it's because she was the first to join me on expeditions?)

(And it's the 19th of spring so far.)

That's sounds about right. If you want to (with a fair bit of effort as well), you can actually date multiple girls at once. I wouldn't do it personally, but if you want to get an idea of which girl you like best, that's an option. I know you have a thing for harems anyway so...

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If you want to (with a fair bit of effort as well), you can actually date multiple girls at once

When you think a game is wholesome but you can have a harem. (Probably won't bother in my first playthrough, though.)

Also, is Amber marriageable?! 'Cause she's using the heart symbol and it kinda concerns me...

EDIT: Also, what mining skill do I need to break the rock in the southeatern corner of the map?

Edited by Benice

Just now, Benice said:

When you think a game is wholesome but you can have a harem. (Probably won't bother in my first playthrough, though.)

Also, is Amber marriageable?! 'Cause she's using the heart symbol and it kinda concerns me...

Well, as soon as you choose to marry one of the girls, everyone else automatically becomes a friend again as if you had never been in a relationship at all. So no polygamy there.

And yes, Amber is a bachelorette. But don't take the jailbait, or else!

tenor.gif?itemid=11146283

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And yes, Amber is a bachelorette. But don't take the jailbait, or else!

I'm invalidating this, she is not a bachelorette. She is not.

I know it's all jokes and memes... but seriously, how young do you all think she is?

Even if her actual age was lower than whatever the age of consent is where you live, then you can... pretty much wait. Since...

Spoiler

the calendar jumps ahead one year once Act II begins, so Amber would be at the least one year older + however long it took you to get there. I think Act III also has a time skip, but I'm not sure on that one.

... so you can put your mind at ease. If you cared for that sort of thing.

---

Anyway... drat, 3DS battery ran low when I was just about to finish Act 2. I was doing some last side questing, then returned to the Seabound Shrine to promote people. Oh well, I'll properly finish next time, as well starting Act 3.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I mean, Shanna, Florina, and Laura (for examples from FE) all look almost as young as Amber, and you're about 15, right? So if you like her, go ahead.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

all look almost as young as Amber/

I dunno, she looks like an 8 year old to me. Maybe it's because she's more childlike as a character, whereas the other characters you mentioned aren't? I like how we're unironically talking about waifus

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

image.aspx

One beautiful subway.

Where is this at? Looks very nice.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

It's crazy how Amber is a bachelorette but Illuminata isn't.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Say what?  I guess Illuminata is married to the job.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

I dunno, she looks like an 8 year old to me. Maybe it's because she's more childlike as a character, whereas the other characters you mentioned aren't? I like how we're unironically talking about waifus

Fair point. I think it wouldn't look so questionable if she didn't act so much like a child.

Agreed.

Funny thing is, Illuminata could've been considered one at some point. Though it likely wasn't, or it was and was removed at some point.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Say what?  I guess Illuminata is married to the job.

Yeah although there are signs that suggest she was once meant to be a bachelorette. 

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Fair point. I think it wouldn't look so questionable if she didn't act so much like a child.

Yeah.

Speaking of characters, I've loved the whole cast so far, except for the second monster guy. He vaguely reminds me of Rutger, and that ain't a good thing... Porcoline is low-key a god.

Yeah although there are signs that suggest she was once meant to be a bachelorette. 

Really! I wonder why they removed that. Maybe hardware limitations?