Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Echoes of the Dark - Nep lands in a verrrrrry dark dimension. Warning: While super good, probably the best on ff.net, also super dark and quite disgusting at times

Solia's Journey - Conquest Gear's Imouto lands in Hyper dimension

Neptunia Kart - Funny af one-shot

Omegadimension - Nep lands in CQ!Dimension

Thank you! I'll keep these bookmarked for later reading purposes!

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Nothing like a cold shower to bring back the good spirits!
And also, while in the shower, I had THE worst idea I ever had for a story.

The setting of Fate, i.e. a Holy Grail War... but with other video game characters as Servants instead.
Why brain, why?

36 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I hope your dog is doing okay despite everything!

He's a tough old boy. Besides, he's been pretty motivated the last year. He's been looking after my brother's puppies (and vice versa, seeing as they're kind of there to keep him company after the dog he'd known his whole life passed away)... which have since grown bigger than him. Mind, they treat him like the boss still, making sure he eats first, sleeping on either side of him in storms (the one thing he doesn't like because the rain and thunder muddle his senses, hence he likes the extra comfort), and otherwise motivating him to keep going. He's a tough old boy.

Nice side quest. Nothing particularly complex, but still a good challenge. Again, Kloe was absolutely invaluable with her healing arts. If you can take her to endgame, I probably will. She's just too useful.

Just now, The Roger The Paladin said:

He's a tough old boy. Besides, he's been pretty motivated the last year. He's been looking after my brother's puppies (and vice versa, seeing as they're kind of there to keep him company after the dog he'd known his whole life passed away)... which have since grown bigger than him. Mind, they treat him like the boss still, making sure he eats first, sleeping on either side of him in storms (the one thing he doesn't like because the rain and thunder muddle his senses, hence he likes the extra comfort), and otherwise motivating him to keep going. He's a tough old boy.

Aww, that's sweet!
Glad to hear he's got it good in his old age!

Well, since it's being done, then what the heck. I'll also link something of my own. My only completed multi-chapter work. Perhaps not something to be of everyone's liking, but eh, it's there.

... and well, it's about the only thing I'd link. I don't have much desire of revealing most of what I write.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

it's a common complaint in the fanbase. Very common one. They keep recycling and using the same trope

Tbf, it's a common occurrence in long-running series. Although I can see it being a slightly bigger issue in Trails since it's all a continuous story, as opposed to something like Fire Emblem, where all the stories are mostly self-contained.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The setting of Fate, i.e. a Holy Grail War... but with other video game characters as Servants instead.
Why brain, why?

Whoever summons Kirby automatically wins.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If you can take her to endgame, I probably will. She's just too useful.

Any party member can be taken to the final dungeon so there's no need to worry about that.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This brings up a fundamental problem with the idea: The prospect of powerscaling between the different video game universes and the ensuing flame war would be hell...

27 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

everyone had done that before. Sorry to burst your bubble XD

There are alot of fics with that premise and they aren't good

27 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Nothing like a cold shower to bring back the good spirits!

yup. I will take one after i eat, too

Now, what should i eat...

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

everyone had done that before. Sorry to burst your bubble XD

Figures. XD

There are alot of fics with that premise and they aren't good

That, I believe you with no hesitation.

33 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nice side quest. Nothing particularly complex, but still a good challenge. Again, Kloe was absolutely invaluable with her healing arts. If you can take her to endgame, I probably will. She's just too useful.

Lichtkreis + Grail Sphere = Ultimate duo of asssaving.

I remember on my first SC run (on Hard), the penultimate battle, one of the hardest battles series wide, 25 minutes in...

I almost game over'd

Only Lichtkreis was able to save my Ass by reviving my dead Party and then Kevin giving guard.

Or another late game battle Kloe was the sole MVP by reviving my Party like 5 times in addition to dealing the most damage. She has the highest ATS, so she can dish out alot of magic damage

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Kloe seems to be quite good.

7 connected Quartz Slot = Arts babeh Arts and alooooot of EP

Sieg Craft so good, people meme him to be the Grandmaster

Lichtkreis is your Asssaving Card.

Highest ATS in FC/SC, 2nd Highest in 3rd = PEW PEW PEWWWWWWWWWW

Her only weakness is really the 3 Water lock, so you have to concentrate on Water and Time Arts. And choose between Earth/Wind for either Revive+Guard or Aoe and Stornger Water/Time Arts that need wind Element.

I usually Go Water/Time/Wind

7 connected Quartz Slot = Arts babeh Arts and alooooot of EP

Sieg Craft so good, people meme him to be the Grandmaster

Lichtkreis is your Asssaving Card.

Highest ATS in FC/SC, 2nd Highest in 3rd = PEW PEW PEWWWWWWWWWW

Her only weakness is really the 3 Water lock, so you have to concentrate on Water and Time Arts. And choose between Earth/Wind for either Revive+Guard or Aoe and Stornger Water/Time Arts that need wind Element.

I usually Go Water/Time/Wind

I see, I see! I'll definitely keep this in mind when I get her!
Thanks!

tsPe89N.jpg

I would personally put Estelle much higher and Agate and Zin lower though

Estelle's Crafts having lower Delay than normal attacks really helps

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

How would you rank the SC characters? Or are they generally similar in both games?

Gameplay-wise, most characters simply improve upon what they had so they are generally better than they were in the previous game. Though i'm told Randy got nerfed in Azure.

2 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Tell me about it. I mean... I've been meaning to get my LP going again as my illness faded, and then next thing I know I'm dealing with minor disputes relating to present government policy (nothing worth explaining bar basic bureaucrat BS) and vet trips for my dog (who turned out to be in surprisingly good shape for a 14 year old diabetic who was suspected of having cancer when last he was checked, but is apparently clear.). Ever feel old? My whole week's made me feel ancient.

Also hi again guys.

My sympathies, I can understand this, I had two dogs who had lived very long lives pass away in the past year or so. One had gone blind, very cranky about food, and very un-housebroken, the other had died in an unceasing fit of seizures.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Just the one moment timestamped.

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

How would you rank the SC characters? Or are they generally similar in both games?

Similiar.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I see someone really hated Josette. XD

She's dead weight, priod. Even her passive makes you wanna bench her lol

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Gameplay-wise, most characters simply improve upon what they had so they are generally better than they were in the previous game. Though i'm told Randy got nerfed in Azure.

Everyone except Tio got nerfed in Ao, who got buffed.

Randy got the short end of the stick though yeah. Atleast Lloyd gets his strength back and learns even stronger crafts

tfw you're trying to envision a scene you're trying to write and all that appears is
black-screen.png

Shrimpy, change my Fate profile so I'm a Berserker instead, because I can feel the Mad Enhancement...

Just now, Shrimperor said:

She's dead weight, priod. Even her passive makes you wanna bench her lol

Neat!
I wasn't planning on using her, anyway. XD

writing block is real haha

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I wasn't planning on using her, anyway. XD

there are 2 or 3 dungeons where you have to

including the final dungeon since it's everyone getting deployed there, 4 Party split

writing block is real haha

Yep...

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

there are 2 or 3 dungeons where you have to

including the final dungeon since it's everyone getting deployed there, 4 Party split

F***.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My sympathies, I can understand this, I had two dogs who had lived very long lives pass away in the past year or so. One had gone blind, very cranky about food, and very un-housebroken, the other had died in an unceasing fit of seizures.

Last year this old fellow lost his "brother". That is to say, they'd been together since their prior owner, and being the  younger of the two my living mate had never spent a day apart from his older "brother". Mind the old boy was a week shy of hitting 15 at the time, and died peacefully in his sleep (as I know,, having been present at the time). As for the old fellow, he's been blind for 6 years now, off memory. Not that it's mattered much for him. Blindness and arthritis be damned, he's known to jump for fruit hanging low-ish on trees based off smell (at least I presume) if he's able to get near them... which has to be prevented because his servings have to be measured for his insulin intake. Thankfully, being on acreage, he doesn't get near the fruit trees unless he's supervised.