• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Wraith said:

@The Roger The Paladin, please use your white magic to heal my headache and make me sober again.

I'm afraid I'm a Tear Ring Saga Paladin... not a "Dungeon's & Dragons" Paladin.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

He's a paladin. They can't use white magic.

Unless it's Dungeons and Dragons... but alas I'm not a tabletop character.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Suguri OP, pls nerf.

---

Speaking of OP, I beat Lu Bu's and Karna's sidestories earlier.
True to his roots and quite similary to his Dynasty Warriors counterpart, Lu Bu is f***ing OP. Like "I can kill a buffed Gilgamesh in four hits with little to no damage in return when other characters need way more than that and almost die in the process" kind of OP. Who's the mongrel now, "King of Heroes"?
Lu Bu's only disadvantage is that his combo potential is horrendous, because his attacks come out so friggin' slowly, and his AOE is also not that great. But where he strikes, stuff just dies. Still, Dynasty Warriors Lu Bu you are not, my friend. Also, his Noble Phantasm is kinda lame, compared to some of the others.

Also, also, I find it hilarious how Tamamo insists how loyal Lu Bu is, and having read Romance of the Three Kingdoms and played Dynasty Warriors and read up on historical Lu Bu... yeah. His side story, predictably, ends with him attempting to kill Tamamo.

As for Karna, that guy gets by far the most badass ending out of everyone: he takes on the final boss of two routes and it's heavily implied that he wins.
His side story also cemented him as my favorite male character in the game, perhaps even in the Fate series as a whole.

Edited by DragonFlames

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

That’s too bad. Not that I have anything against Lucina. It was just too much fun landing tippers in the older Smash games.

I'm on the opposite end, I'm personally glad that lucina is better than Marth, as she's my favorite Lord from FE, and it was high time that Marth wasn't great, TBH. 

59 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of OP, I beat Lu Bu's and Karna's sidestories earlier.
True to his roots and quite similary to his Dynasty Warriors counterpart, Lu Bu is f***ing OP. Like "I can kill a buffed Gilgamesh in four hits with little to no damage in return when other characters need way more than that and almost die in the process" kind of OP. Who's the mongrel now, "King of Heroes"?
Lu Bu's only disadvantage is that his combo potential is horrendous, because his attacks come out so friggin' slowly, and his AOE is also not that great. But where he strikes, stuff just dies. Still, Dynasty Warriors Lu Bu you are not, my friend. Also, his Noble Phantasm is kinda lame, compared to some of the others.

Also, also, I find it hilarious how Tamamo insists how loyal Lu Bu is, and having read Romance of the Three Kingdoms and played Dynasty Warriors and read up on historical Lu Bu... yeah. His side story, predictably, ends with him attempting to kill Tamamo.

493647301676630017.png?v=1

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Then I'm in for a treat!
So far, Altera has been a really interesting character.

I am really excited for your reaction on the ending

Speaking of everyone’s favorite Servant, did you know that Elric learned a rune that allowed him to summon a legion of black hellswords behind him and fire them at his enemies like the Gate of Babylon? Did I also mention that the story where he gets this powers appeared in the book Stormbringer from 1965?

Edited by Wraith

42 minutes ago, Wraith said:
Speaking of everyone’s favorite Servant, did you know that Elric learned a rune that allowed him to summon a legion of black hellswords behind him and fire them at his enemies like the Gate of Babylon? Did I also mention that the story where he gets this powers appeared in the book Stormbringer from 1965?

Huh. That's neat.

26 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Hey guess who's probably allergic to the deodorant their doctor prescribed to them?

Oof. That's rough. Have you already talked to your doctor about it?

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Oof. That's rough. Have you already talked to your doctor about it?

I plan on calling her tomorrow. Right now, I took benedryl earlier and my grandma is going to buy some hydrocortisone cream on her way back home 

4 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I plan on calling her tomorrow. Right now, I took benedryl earlier and my grandma is going to buy some hydrocortisone cream on her way back home 

That's good. Get well soon!

Edited by DragonFlames

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

When i saw the ''To be continued'' i thought they meant in the next game and not in the same one (? Atleast that's what Nightmare mode seems to be)

At first i thought it was gonna lead into Ritual of the Night but then as i played through RotN, i realized that CotM is actually it's own continuity and has nothing to do with the other game apart from having the same characters. Which is why i didn't expect the sequel either.

I haven't actually beaten RotN yet, i got to the desert section and haven't played since.

7 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Is this similar to Torna?

Yes and no. It's not as expansive as Torna and the combat system is literally the same as XC1, only difference being the removal of Skill Trees and Chain Attacks being replaced with Union Strikes (the second part is for the better imo, Union Strikes are so much more useful).

I will say, if you want to experinece Future Connected to it's fullest, do all of the sidecontent (at the very least, all of the Quiet Moments). If you just do the main story, you will end up disapointed. 

It's done. Finished yet another playthrough of Ace Combat 5!

Pft, must admit, had to do Mission 27 twice, since the second half is one long tunnel flight... and I crashed on the first run.

Also, good thing I remembered that the transmission to Mission 27+ doesn't let you switch planes, so despite Mission 27 having lots of ground targets, I went ahead with a squadron composed of Raptors and Berkuts.

As always, Ace Combat never disappoints with final mission music...

Hmm, now what to do afterwards. As much as I want to go ahead to Ace Combat Zero, perhaps I should do like Ace Combat 04 and go on a SP Continue run to destroy the Aces. Do it on a higher difficulty. Use Free Mission to get the remaining S ranks. Play the other version of Missions 11, 12, and 16. Unlock the FALKEN and all the paint schemes... Actually play Arcade Mode, which I've not done since I got this game... man, when did I got this gain? Likely at least fifteen years ago by now... *ding*

There's certainly lots to do! Well, whatever I do... will be for next time...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I will say, if you want to experinece Future Connected to it's fullest, do all of the sidecontent (at the very least, all of the Quiet Moments). If you just do the main story, you will end up disapointed. 

I can say this is true, and probably what hurt me the most. I did the extras afterwards, which sucked.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Then I'm in for a treat!
So far, Altera has been a really interesting character.

Altera route is pretty good. Altera pretty cool. Nice sendoff to the game before Nero becomes an all encompassing void in the final route where the game's writing shits itself with any consistency