Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Speaking of Chapter 5, since we find that both Zeke and Fan la Norne were sent to fetch the party on Indol's behalf, I imagine that Amalthus spent weeks waiting for Zeke to come back and got impatient enough to send Fan instead.

That's a possibility. But hes a more patient kind, as seen from when his scheme is revealed, so I'm not sure. Maybe, though?

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe, though that apprentice-detective kid, Cecil, seems like he's going to be very similar to Kiel. Looks around the same age and also a bachelor. But I suppose that will be overlooked now that there's actual children again. Honestly, it's likely why Amber and Kiel seem to be associated as such. They're the youngest of the cast, and in some cases their personalities don't help define their likely actual ages. 

Cecil is not giving the best first impression to me either. And he isn't being helped by not exactly looking good. Though TBF, he and Lucy having their full body official artwork shown here was a disservice to them. As the four NPCs revealed alongside them indicate, the character portraits always look better. Not to mention they're what you see of the characters first and foremost, with second place going to the 3D models, and dead last in terms of forming an image of the character in your head is the full body artwork, because you'll probably have to look up online.

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And, well, I'd say the more questionable thing was RF2 with Aaron and Aria being able to date Roy and Cammy. Despite the age difference being that of around 15 years! At least during the time the game is taking place would be questionable in real life. But that ain't real life.

15 years? Do we we get an actual age on Roy and Cammy in Gen 1? If we don't have that, we can't say how old they are in Gen 1. Do we get actual ages on any child character in any other game (not counting the other children in RF2)? ...I see it is said that Candy is 6 years younger than Cinnamon, who has to be at least 18 to be legal (maybe we could drop her to 16 or 17 because international variance), so she's at least 12. -That would would align with your point.

This said, thankfully, the marriages in Gen 2 are pretend marriages. And, RF2 didn't have the budget to give anyone new, aged portraits, which allow the premise of "marrying" Roy and Cammy to be less objectionable on the very surface of things, they still look like they're children, even though certainly aren't after the time skip.

But, the real questionable thing about RF2 isn't that Aaron & Aria can "marry", it's that a 7-year-old is entrusted with: 

• Running a large farm, including the use of a sickle.
  • Animal husbandry of monsters, including wolves and demonic sorcerers.
  • Selling and purchasing goods.
  • Crafting woolen scarves and not poking their fingers during the needlepoint.
  • Cooking and not chopping off their fingers. 
  • Concocting formaldehyde and not inhaling vapors very dangerous to one's health.
  • Working over a hot blacksmith forge.
  • Going to school for lessons in things such as how to make an axe called "Executioner",
  • Venturing into areas filled with untamed monsters who could kill them, for the sake of killing them and also farming and mining inside said danger zones.

...and all of this without a modicum of help from anyone. Whats the point to having a mother? FE9 Rolf is given an "apparent age" of 12 and has an army beside him, Aaron/Aria are almost half his age and solo everything. Meanwhile, Max welcomes the red-headed child, obviously a demon baby given how inhuman their capacities are, to "play" in his mansion, like they've time and a mind for childlike wonder and innocence. 

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Cecil is not giving the best first impression to me either. And he isn't being helped by not exactly looking good. Though TBF, he and Lucy having their full body official artwork shown here was a disservice to them. As the four NPCs revealed alongside them indicate, the character portraits always look better. Not to mention they're what you see of the characters first and foremost, with second place going to the 3D models, and dead last in terms of forming an image of the character in your head is the full body artwork, because you'll probably have to look up online.

Weren't they already seen, models and portraits? The trailer had them appear, now that I went to see it again.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

15 years? Do we we get an actual age on Roy and Cammy in Gen 1? If we don't have that, we can't say how old they are in Gen 1. Do we get actual ages on any child character in any other game (not counting the other children in RF2)? ...I see it is said that Candy is 6 years younger than Cinnamon, who has to be at least 18 to be legal (maybe we could drop her to 16 or 17 because international variance), so she's at least 12. -That would would align with your point.

This said, thankfully, the marriages in Gen 2 are pretend marriages. And, RF2 didn't have the budget to give anyone new, aged portraits, which allow the premise of "marrying" Roy and Cammy to be less objectionable on the very surface of things, they still look like they're children, even though certainly aren't after the time skip.

But, the real questionable thing about RF2 isn't that Aaron & Aria can "marry", it's that a 7-year-old is entrusted with: 

• Running a large farm, including the use of a sickle.
  • Animal husbandry of monsters, including wolves and demonic sorcerers.
  • Selling and purchasing goods.
  • Crafting woolen scarves and not poking their fingers during the needlepoint.
  • Cooking and not chopping off their fingers. 
  • Concocting formaldehyde and not inhaling vapors very dangerous to one's health.
  • Working over a hot blacksmith forge.
  • Going to school for lessons in things such as how to make an axe called "Executioner",
  • Venturing into areas filled with untamed monsters who could kill them, for the sake of killing them and also farming and mining inside said danger zones.

...and all of this without a modicum of help from anyone. Whats the point to having a mother? FE9 Rolf is given an "apparent age" of 12 and has an army beside him, Aaron/Aria are almost half his age and solo everything. Meanwhile, Max welcomes the red-headed child, obviously a demon baby given how inhuman their capacities are, to "play" in his mansion, like they've time and a mind for childlike wonder and innocence. 

Yeah, wasn't sure on the exact range. Even edited the post to say 10 at the least. I know it's a video game made with the modern mindset in mind, but we can't rule out that it's not going to align. So yeah, a range of 10 to 14 or so.

Mhm, considering that they're only 7-8 or so years olds for all but Roy and Cammy. I suppose they being options was like a result of that, then.

Nah, man, it's just the RPG Competence Zone at work. You're super capable, specially if you're a kid, until you hit middle-age, then you plateau until you become the wise experienced old badass. But seriously, that's tame compared to say, FFIII's original kid protagonists. Saving the world at mere six years old!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

41 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That's a possibility. But hes a more patient kind, as seen from when his scheme is revealed, so I'm not sure. Maybe, though?

I thought it was a funny mental image, but perhaps Fan offered to go instead if you think that's more in-character. Amalthus might feel more pressed for time with Torna running amuck though.

26 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I thought it was a funny mental image, but perhaps Fan offered to go instead if you think that's more in-character. Amalthus might feel more pressed for time with Torna running amuck though.

That sounds pretty realistic. I didn't mean that your original idea was wrong, that was just my impression of him!

Speaking of Trials of Mana, Square Enix recently did a Japanese popularity poll for the six heroes. Riesz came in first place, followed by Angela, Hawkeye, Kevin, Duran, and in dead last, Chawotte. 

HACCAN was commissioned to do a new illustration in honor of this.:

medium_EmbyrBHVoAAsZU5.jpg

...Don't tell me thats one of her class costumes.😑

I completely forgot to mention the best part of chapter 14!

Tana got strength! TANA GOT STRENGTH!! And I gave her the energy ring from there, so that means she now has 15 strength and level 19.

Without stat boosters she would have 11... sigh

Wait Tana has a 45 strength growth... WHATTTT

Just now, Benice said:

Chapter 15 is probably my favorite in FE8. Really good.

I have heard that Sacred Stones actually does a desert map well.

Just now, Sooks said:

I have heard that Sacred Stones actually does a desert map well.

I think it does, at least. It makes the other desert maps in the franchise look really bad, at the very least.

26 minutes ago, Benice said:

I think it does, at least. It makes the other desert maps in the franchise look really bad, at the very least.

That’s not very hard to do.

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Growth wise, Tana's pretty insane.

Wha— I mean she capped speed at like level 12 or something but after that her levels have just been like hp, luck, and skill or res.

For those of you who have been using srpg studio, how easy of a tool is it? I might hAvE to have a Christmas list and someone has to step up for pirate emblem making srpg maps sounds fun.

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

For those of you who have been using srpg studio, how easy of a tool is it? I might hAvE to have a Christmas list and someone has to step up for pirate emblem making srpg maps sounds fun.

Since I think we're in about the same boat in terms of Computer Big Braininess, I shall answer!

SRPG studio has a learning curve for sure. The basic-ish functions make sense, (Including but not limited to: Character creating, making maps, placing enemies, etc.) but actually making a map (Including story and stuff) isn't easy. It's not super user-friendly and the first few times around will be mostly trying to figure everything out and/or downloading plugins and whatnot to make the game more like what you want, and it probably, (I say probably 'cause I've had it for ten days) will take a lot longer to really "get" the program.

That said, I 100% think it is worth the purchase, especially if it is on sale! It is possible to learn, and there is a ton of freedom about what you can do, especially if you learn how do Java stuff and whatnot. SRPG studio is a really powerful engine and you can do an absolute ton of stuff with it.

If you want to try a hand at making a game, I would recommend taking a gander at FEBuilder first. It is a much, much weaker and more limited engine, but it is free and there is still really cool stuff you can do. It's a lot more user-friendly, at least in my opinion. There is just much less you can do, and it simply won't look as good or sound as good. And it still has weird stuff. It is not a perfect program, that is for sure. Oh, and SRPG studio is a lot simpler to actually start using and make your own projects.

Also, actually writing dialogue is a lot easier in SRPG studio, as are conditional events and stuff like that. And you can do voice acting, so you can have Shrek yell "DONKEY" every time he has a line of dialogue!

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Since I think we're in about the same boat in terms of Computer Big Braininess, I shall answer!

SRPG studio has a learning curve for sure. The basic-ish functions make sense, (Including but not limited to: Character creating, making maps, placing enemies, etc.) but actually making a map (Including story and stuff) isn't easy. It's not super user-friendly and the first few times around will be mostly trying to figure everything out and/or downloading plugins and whatnot to make the game more like what you want, and it probably, (I say probably 'cause I've had it for ten days) will take a lot longer to really "get" the program.

That said, I 100% think it is worth the purchase, especially if it is on sale! It is possible to learn, and there is a ton of freedom about what you can do, especially if you learn how do Java stuff and whatnot. SRPG studio is a really powerful engine and you can do an absolute ton of stuff with it.

If you want to try a hand at making a game, I would recommend taking a gander at FEBuilder first. It is a much, much weaker and more limited engine, but it is free and there is still really cool stuff you can do. It's a lot more user-friendly, at least in my opinion. There is just much less you can do, and it simply won't look as good or sound as good. And it still has weird stuff. It is not a perfect program, that is for sure. Oh, and SRPG studio is a lot simpler to actually start using and make your own projects.

Also, actually writing dialogue is a lot easier in SRPG studio, as are conditional events and stuff like that. And you can do voice acting, so you can have Shrek yell "DONKEY" every time he has a line of dialogue!

Thank you for the answer!

Don’t you have to know a coding language for febuilder though?

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Don’t you have to know a coding language for febuilder though?

Not at all! Theoretically, you can do hex editing, but that is really complicated and doesn't have a ton of power in terms of what you can do, at least as far as I know.

Also, I would like to point out that you don't need it for SRPG studio either-It's just that the option to do basically whatever you want is there and isn't insanely overcomplicated. Probably still real confusing, though.

So, interesting development in CK2. The royal family of Navarra ended up marrying with the royal family of Arabia. The former ended up set up as inheritors of the latter.

pYBxEim.png

I got it back. I took this chance to use the Invasion CB on Sistān. Thus, the last large Sunni realm is no more. Well, there's Yemen, but Abyssian Holy War'ed them after the screenshot got taken. Also, actual image of Mongol India, and the Byzantine trail to the Persian Gulf.

Speaking of, they keep expanding. The Mongols took Bulgaria, reaching the Carpathians now. The Byzantines meanwhile have taken the Kingdom of Germany. They've effectively taken everything between them. East Europe contains a long border between the two Empires. The Mongols can still take Finland and move into Scandivania, the Byzantines could take Italy or France next. Just imagine if a full out war happens between them. Well actually, the Byzantines were able to wrestle de jure Armenia from the Mongols.

Well, eventually I lost Arabia and Sistān due to the exclave rule when my current character died. So, curious thing. My character was able to become an octogenarian. At some point, his first son, the heir, died. But even he died after his first daughter, the would-be next heir, died as well. She was able to sire one child. The great-grandson. Though the game starts calling them kinsmen that far down. For some reason, kinsmen don't factor in Primogeniture. Because after the son died, the heir became his eldest living son. Not the great-grandson, despite being the direct heir due primo line of descent. And I do have Absolute Cognatic. I had to switch my titles to Tanistry to ensure I could get the great-grandson as heir. Fortunately, practically almost all the vassals voted for him when I did. I intend to switch back to Primogeniture ASAP.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Speaking of Trials of Mana, Square Enix recently did a Japanese popularity poll for the six heroes. Riesz came in first place, followed by Angela, Hawkeye, Kevin, Duran, and in dead last, Chawotte. 

HACCAN was commissioned to do a new illustration in honor of this.:

...Don't tell me thats one of her class costumes.😑

Yep. Fenris Knight. Her Dark-Dark class. It's her only really skimpy outfit, so if that bothers you then just avoid going Dark-Dark. Although, in the remake-only Tier 4 classes, her Tier 4 Dark class is also on the skimpy side. Anyway, the hybrid classes (Light-Dark or Dark-Light) are better for her anyway, most of the time. Specially if you have Hawkeye get his other one. Riesz and Hawk work best having opposite classes. So if you make one a Light class, have the other go Dark.

Also, Riesz is really popular. To the point SE had even had her cameo in some other game. Million Arthur - Arcana Blood.

9 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I wish I was still so young and full of life as you are Draggy, but alas! 

Two things:
1) you are not much older than me.
2) as of recent, I have not exactly been very full of life.

But thank you, Wraith! I appreciate it.