Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Does pressing Alt+F(x) work?

Nope.

Yeah, i'm gonna play on ePSXe then. No fast-forward might be a bummer but i'll gladly sacrifice it over no easy save stating.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Aaaaaaaaaaand for some reason eSPXe literally refuses to run. Won't load any game. What the fuck.

F

Did you get a BIOS for that one too?

Aaaaaaaaaaand for some reason eSPXe literally refuses to run. Won't load any game. What the fuck.

I used PCSX and it works pretty good. It's not great, but it's fine.

All this talk makes me want to bust out a game to play out of nostalgia... I was thinking... hmm, a PS2 one. I already did the Ace Combat PS2 trilogy, so now...

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

F

Did you get a BIOS for that one too?

Yeah, i copy-pasted the BIOS.

Apparently, the solution was to set the overclock to x1 and that ended up working......alright PC. Sure, why not. Didn't have to do that on my potato PC a few years ago, not sure why i had to do it now.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nope.

Yeah, i'm gonna play on ePSXe then. No fast-forward might be a bummer but i'll gladly sacrifice it over no easy save stating.

That emulator has a speed up function. Therr is an FPS unlocker hot key that swaps to your custom set FPS, I'm pretty sure.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

All this talk makes me want to bust out a game to play out of nostalgia... I was thinking... hmm, a PS2 one. I already did the Ace Combat PS2 trilogy, so now...

Maybe an old SRW game?

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

That emulator has a speed up function. Therr is an FPS unlocker hot key that swaps to your custom set FPS, I'm pretty sure.

It's not a native function tho.

Just now, Benice said:

Maybe an old SRW game?

That reminds me I still want to try out the PS2 SRW games. ... Maybe it is time to import some and mod the old PS2...

Well, I have my GBA and PSX ones. Imported and bought from the Japanese PSN store respectively. I can do another run of Alpha and Alpha Gaiden...

Also, just in case... SRW J when, Benice.

I finally got un-lazy and setup a "hard drive" for use with HDLoader, and installed the Berwick Translation on it

So hopefully I will play Berwick soon, on a real PS2, even :v

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2719.png?width=554&height=432

@Benice @Saint Rubenio this is the guy y'all said i should pick?

Depends on what you want:

• Lee is the only unit able to heal and use magic in the game. Get him now for a free cool staff real soon. Problem being he has no skills, and his growths might as well not exist.
  • Luca is an archer... who can "fix" his sister's flaw, but is a little weak.
  • Ezekiel, desirable if recruiting Letena, a semi-rare axe user, his promoted class is nice, but his stats are a bit lacking.
  • Narron, starts weak, but see what an early promotion does to him, and you'll understand why he is considered the best pick.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Lee is the only unit able to heal and use magic in the game. Get him now for a free cool staff real soon. Problem being he has no skills, and his growths might as well not exist.

Does Sasha heal because if not, then i'll pick Lee just to have the healer onboard. Unless i get a healer on the next map.

Does Sasha heal because if not, then i'll pick Lee just to have the healer onboard. Unless i get a healer on the next map.

She doesn't, but you do get another healer soon.

Oh nice! Another cross-piloting event!

Hmm, Eiji in a Scopedog. Well, more sense than the Full Metal Panic team in Voltes V I guess.

Also, I guess it was inevitable, but looks like Excellen has a new Seiyuu.

27 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, I guess it was inevitable, but looks like Excellen has a new Seiyuu.

Isn't that kinda a tough call in Japan? I've heard they like the idea of "once a Seiyuu dies, you put the characters they voiced in the grave too". Though in reality as more and more things have been voice-acted, I suppose they realize they can't be so choosy. And operating on the premise the OG subseries is never going to end as long as SRW doesn't end, Excellen would need a new voice.