Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

? You mean end one right?

Both.

What I can say upfront is that Samus' adventure will continue. How will it continue? Well, first things first, I believe that if and when you clear Dread, you will have a clear idea" -Sakamoto during an interview.

Unlike the Chozo Memories of Samus Returns, it seems that Dread's setup for the next game will be directly in the game's plot.

Sakamoto also teased "future episodes" in another interview so it looks like they're confident enough in a Metroid 6 happening eventually. And give the overwhelming positive response and the effect it's had on the series, a Metroid 6 probably will happen.

Side note, i looked at the Dread map UI again and noticed something.

E6WpWvXWQAkU15n?format=jpg&name=large

>Mission Log

It looks like this game will be like Fusion in terms of progression. This makes sense when you think about it, both in that it's a follow up to Fusion and the fact that MercuryStream did Samus Returns, another similarly linear Metroid game.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Beard Blade comes out today. I must play this game. It is my destiny.

To that end, I must finish Metroid Fusion today. I will now allow the devs' funny pranks deter me from wrapping this mission up so I may move on to the beard game!

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know, I've been reading the general details that a CPU is only as good as the GPU behind it. And what I really really wanted to rush-buy today had just an "entry level" graphics card.

I've said before to both myself and the person who bankrolls me I'm willing to settle, that I don't intend to play anything super-demanding, nor do I care that much about frame rates, and one who frequently plays an undocked Switch, visual quality isn't a huge deal either. But this should last me a half-decade at the least, so I should get something more than what minimally suffices today, and wait for better things to come in stock.

Alas, it ain't easy when I presently can't get a certain game I want to PCSX2 out of my mind. I need to quit bothering me.😑

If your okay with it, your okay with it! Nothing wrong with that! Personally, i couldn't just settle for anything less, i've always been that way.

What game would that be?

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If your okay with it, your okay with it! Nothing wrong with that! Personally, i couldn't just settle for anything less, i've always been that way.

Nah, the voice of reason was right. It's already going to be an expensive purchase, sales of 100-200 off are nice, but dropping the pre-tax price just below $1000 isn't huge savings when you're operating within a $1500 budget.

Plus, better performance would be nice for Tales of Arise, which ought to demand good processing I think. I haven't played a Tales in a while, so I've a wanting for it. I'm not sticking wholly to a catalog of the past.

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What game would that be?

Nothing that'd exactly demand the greatest power -but PCSX2 isn't compatible with Mac sorry I'm a total idiot. Just this:

220px-Srwogps2_cover.jpg

Blame a combination of recent SRW news, fond childhood memories of the GBA games now bundled and updated, and me being a little addicted to the OST despite swearing to stop listening to it.:

How'd Katina luck out with this? Now I feel compelled to toss her in something better than a lousy Gespenst Mk II M.

So a little something that peeved me about Metroid Prime 2 last night is that there are these purple crystals. Scanning them indicates "the power beam is not enough to energize them". Being purple in color, I assumed I would need the Wave Beam to open them.

Then I came across these doors with the crystals on my way to the Torvis Bog. It turns out, you actually use the Light Beam on these things. Considering the Scan Visor tells you what you need for each thing, I'm very surprised that it left it more vague here.

48 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Plus, better performance would be nice for Tales of Arise, which ought to demand good processing I think. I haven't played a Tales in a while, so I've a wanting for it. I'm not sticking wholly to a catalog of the past.

When buying a game that operates on PC, you can check the system requirements. That would be: minimum/maximum. 

Trails update! Just fought Wald... Ouch, that was a few game overs!

A timed section?! The last thing I need when I'm in the middle of trying to find the secret breakable tiles is a timer of impending doom...!

Watch, they're gonna put pit blocks right in front of the door to the target.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A timed section?!

Ah yes, the Metroid classic. Most Metroid games end this way.

Although Fusion has two other timed sections, idk how far you're in but i'm guessing it's the part where you have to fix the reactor?

Oh shit, it's that guy! I mean, this is the first Metroid game I've ever played, so it's not as impactful for me, but hey.

Just now, Armagon said:

Ah yes, the Metroid classic. Most Metroid games end this way.

Although Fusion has two other timed sections, idk how far you're in but i'm guessing it's the part where you have to fix the reactor?

Yeah, that was it. Had three minutes to spare by the end, it wasn't too bad.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh shit, it's that guy! I mean, this is the first Metroid game I've ever played, so it's not as impactful for me, but hey

Which guy? Did you come across the frozen Ridley? Is that who you're refering to?

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, that was it. Had three minutes to spare by the end, it wasn't too bad.

Yeah, the timed sections in Metroid are really hard to fail tbh. Cause it's pretty much a straight-shot to where you need to go and you're always given enough time.

Although i'd imagine it's possible to fail at that in the original Metroid 1 on NES. Cause you know, no map and all.

You know, having explored the base fully now, I find it pretty strange that there's exactly one scientist corpse that hasn't been infected in the entire station. The only other scientist I met had already been aXed a question, but then there's just the one guy lying in the cafeteria near the start of the game. I wonder what's up with that. Probably nothing, but you know how I love to overthink these kinds of things.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Which guy? Did you come across the frozen Ridley? Is that who you're refering to?

Yeah.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, having explored the base fully now, I find it pretty strange that there's exactly one scientist corpse that hasn't been infected in the entire station. The only other scientist I met had already been aXed a question, but then there's just the one guy lying in the cafeteria near the start of the game. I wonder what's up with that. Probably nothing, but you know how I love to overthink these kinds of things.

I like to think he was just the inexperienced intern and the X didn't bother copying him because there'd be no benefit to that.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah

Mmmhmm. The guy's in most of the games so unless you're first Metroid game was Metroid II (the original, not the remake which added him) or Prime 2, you would've come across him sooner or later.

Granted, chronologically, the original Ridley dies at the end of Super and the one that shows up in Fusion was retroactively made the corpse of a clone of Ridley that the dumbasses at the Federation created in Other M. But this only really relevant in Other M, since as you can tell, Metroid is usually very minimal when it comes to it's plot (2D anyway).

Basically Ridley always shows up one way or another and i can't wait for what ridiculous explanation they use for when he inevitably shows up in Dread.

"Return to your ship. I have important information for you."

Information you can't just tell me over the phone? Gee, I wonder if this is a trap.

Never mind, I'm just paranoid.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, the timed sections in Metroid are really hard to fail tbh. Cause it's pretty much a straight-shot to where you need to go and you're always given enough time.

I actually almost failed MP1's, it wasn't so much that I got lost, as MP1 on GC can be too dark sometimes and I didn't consult the map soon enough.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Although i'd imagine it's possible to fail at that in the original Metroid 1 on NES. Cause you know, no map and all.

It's a shorter, but possibly tricker version of ZM's. One vertical shaft with lots of itty bitty platforms to move up, thankfully the platforms don't move, and the time is still plentiful. No Crateria segment where Samus returns to her ship, that was added as an SM reference.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Basically Ridley always shows up one way or another and i can't wait for what ridiculous explanation they use for when he inevitably shows up in Dread.

Samus: "Well that was a good, long fight, time to-" *Sees something walk through the door*

Ridley: "Save?"