Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

It's so weird seeing characters have names...As much as I love this game, I remember the names of two characters and have forgotten all the rest 'cause the only way to find the name was using a thing that you don't have yet.

Did their names not display over the text boxes?

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Tfw you find a chest but you can’t open it.

I even took a risk diving off of Skyloft. I actually can’t get back up, I don’t think, so if the bird doesn’t take me there when I jump off the mini island, I’m screwed.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Tfw you find a chest but you can’t open it.

If it's a dark purple chest, that's a Goddess Cube locked-one.

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I... Have no idea, honestly. I don't know what it does.

Well, there is one thing: you are almost exactly the same as shit. Literally, shit. Same effect, almost identical mana cost. Shit.

Well... Thats depressing. 😪 c'mon, ive gotta be worth more than that! 

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm just... Whatever you call a guy who throws his own name at things.

This game sounds perfect. I should check it out. That works perfectly for you.

Drank beer for the first time today. Tolerance level: very low. Not because I got drunk easily but because it tasted like absolute shit, how do people drink this.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Drank beer for the first time today. Tolerance level: very low. Not because I got drunk easily but because it tasted like absolute shit, how do people drink this.

I agree, I dont understand the appeal either. Perhaps its just the adrenaline?

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I agree, I dont understand the appeal either. Perhaps its just the adrenaline?

People don't drink beer because they like the taste, they drink it because it's cheap and it's one of the quickest ways to get drunk and forget about shitty life.

26 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

People don't drink beer because they like the taste, they drink it because it's cheap and it's one of the quickest ways to get drunk and forget about shitty life.

I can accomplish the same thing simply by going to sleep.

Oh hey, it’s here again, but by itself.

I guess this is like Fi’s theme? Well, it’s good. Speaking of Fi, it looks like she’s making her introduction here. I know she’s one of the aspects a lot of people hate about this game, because she supposedly doesn’t shut up with the tutorials, but that’s been toned down in the Switch version, so we’ll see. I am gonna stop here for now, though.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'm perfectly fine with boss fights lasting long if they are fun.

When it's not fun is the issue.

Long, hard, and fun boss fights I'd say are those where I'm able to keep control of the battle, but the control is delicate and I'm kept on edge. The boss should be able to throw wrenches into my precarious command of the battlefield and gain the edge for a moment, but not collapse me in a single blow unless it's well telegraphed. It's a careful balancing act.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's a shame, considering Alphaverse tackles the interesting What if of "What if the Earth Federation actually paid attention to Bian Zoldark". He goes MIA in the backstory, but appears for a single scene in Alpha 3 talking with Sophia Nate.

As it is, there's some lost nuance when not knowing the full extent of Bian's machinations in the non-OG continuities. Like how in the Classicverse his "token bad guys joining DC" include the Principality of Zeon from Gundam and Dr. Hell from Mazinger Z. The former specially took an interesting direction since after Bian's death in SRW 2, the Zabi Family took over DC during SRW 3, where the divide between "actually fight the aliens" and "keep fighting the EF for Spacenoid independence and maybe try to make deals with the aliens" provoked some fracture within their ranks. Then by SRW 4/F/FF you had Neo DC effectively playing the role of Neo Zeon, since Haman Kharn was in charge of Neo DC. Effectively DC and Zeon became one and the same.

OGverse made a homage to this with Maier Branstein, since in OGverse the colonies also sided with Bian. Which makes sense. In face of alien invasion, the space colonies would be the first to be attacked, which prompted Zeon/UCC to side with DC (and the Zeons had the baggage of already being at odds with the EF over spacenoid independence).

Alphaverse also did some homage by having the Zabi Family and Dr. Hell allied during Alpha 1.

Thank you for this!

The bad dudes invented for OG felt fairly lacking, I'm pretty sure the totally unnecessary English guy never died and deserted or something. Having pre-established villains taken from elsewhere I can see as making the DC a whole lot better. 

Never thought about the first victims aliens-space colonies connection. It's like barrier islands -except humanity has good reasons to live in space.

And Bian simply vanished in Alpha? He's probably with DGG4. Or, he had to greet some Guests out in space and "welcomed" them with the forbidden Divine Gravitation Smasher. Sure it cost him his life, but Zuvorg were frightened out of ever attacking the Earth, leaving just Balmar for everyone back on the blue planet to deal with.

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If it tastes bad, then drink more.

Or, drink with friends, I've been told the best stuff is whatever you're consuming with friends while having a good time.

I'll delight myself with the history and art of alcohol, it's fun, and without the drunkenness or the flavor. 

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can accomplish the same thing simply by going to sleep.

Except what if the things that bother in life you keep you up at night? Blacking out with booze was what people did to force sleep before modern medications could be abused.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
The .gif cut short, so I removed it.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you for this!

The bad dudes invented for OG felt fairly lacking, I'm pretty sure the totally unnecessary English guy never died and deserted or something. Having pre-established villains taken from elsewhere I can see as making the DC a whole lot better. 

Never thought about the first victims aliens-space colonies connection. It's like barrier islands -except humanity has good reasons to live in space.

And Bian simply vanished in Alpha? He's probably with DGG4. Or, he had to greet some Guests out in space and "welcomed" them with the forbidden Divine Gravitation Smasher. Sure it cost him his life, but Zuvorg were frightened out of ever attacking the Earth, leaving just Balmar for everyone back on the blue planet to deal with.

The English guy? Must admit don't remember who that is.

But yeah, it certainly made it better. Specially in the irony that in Classicverse Zeon was basically validated to wage war against the Federation. Since it tries to lord over them but on the first sign of possible danger they basically are leaving them to their fate.

Pretty much. Like I said, he only shows up for a single scene in Alpha 3. It's after the Alpha Numbers use the Crossgate to travel to Balmarian space. Sophia Nate is among those who stay behind and worries about them. Then Bian shows up and reassures her that they will surely succeed, so best not to fret over it. And that's the extent of his role in the Alpha games that's not backstory related. Considering this was long after the Masoukishin cast stopped appearing... did he ever revealed to his daughter that he was still alive? Who knows. Hah, the Zuvorg were mentioned in Alpha 1 as one of the galactic powers the Balmarians told Earth they could protect them against if they became their vassals, but ultimately never showed up. Don't know if they or the Inspectors get mentioned in any of the other games, if at all.

46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

because she supposedly doesn’t shut up with the tutorials,

i think people just feel that way towards tutorials generally, as they "waste time". 

Thankfully, im not among them.

I never gave my overall rating of Skyward Sword, but it wouldnt be much different than the Wii version, albeit a bit better since better controls and all, lmao. 

Id say its around an 8/10 worthy game.

Skyward Sword music?

One of my favorite tracks in HW.

35 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The English guy? Must admit don't remember who that is.

Exactly, the guy was that forgettable. Even back then I felt he was filler. He existed to command Ryoto around for like a minute, and then became utterly plot irrelevant, he showed up in just two fights. He stepped off the stage entirely, not dying or anything, during the mid-game shared chapters of cleaning up the DC remnants before the Aerogater invasion happens.

But, I take it they didn't want to throw Tenzan (since Ryoto was the third gamer-turned-pilot, he'd be good first showing up in a chapter alongside him I'd think), into yet another chapter and give Evil Gamer more spotlight than he already gets. (Tenzan did not need a "revival", they could've used Lenonjayce Starlord or one of Irm's other dead PTX Team friends/4th SRW Protags for Aerogater pawns.)

I would go back and try 2nd SRW since it's been fan translated, but... Masoukishin was already a little rough. NES SRW... well maybe it's better than NES FE? But, by how much?

35 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pretty much. Like I said, he only shows up for a single scene in Alpha 3. It's after the Alpha Numbers use the Crossgate to travel to Balmarian space. Sophia Nate is among those who stay behind and worries about them. Then Bian shows up and reassures her that they will surely succeed, so best not to fret over it. And that's the extent of his role in the Alpha games that's not backstory related. Considering this was long after the Masoukishin cast stopped appearing... did he ever revealed to his daughter that he was still alive?

And here I thought you meant flashback to before he went MIA. Still alive and not explaining why he hasn't been around three games in... yeah that's weird and worse. Sanger ought to be around his age maybe, so no "I trust the next generation of heroes!" excuse as to why no playable Valsion. And if he was alive, what happened to him in the alternate future that explains why there wasn't a Machine Celled Valsion in Alpha Gaiden if he knows Dr. Nate?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Exactly, the guy was that forgettable. Even back then I felt he was filler. He existed to command Ryoto around for like a minute, and then became utterly plot irrelevant, he showed up in just two fights. He stepped off the stage entirely, not dying or anything, during the mid-game shared chapters where cleaning up the DC before Aerogater invasion happens.

But, I take it they didn't want to throw Tenzan (since Ryoto was the third gamer-turned-pilot), into yet another chapter and give Evil Gamer more spotlight than he already gets. (Tenzan did not need a "revival", they could've used Lenonjayce Starlord or one of Irm's other dead PTX Team friends/4th SRW Protags for Aerogater pawns).

And here I thought you meant flashback to before he went MIA. Still alive and not explaining why he hasn't been around three games in... yeah that's weird and worse. Sanger ought to be around his age maybe, so no "I trust the next generation of heroes!" excuse as to why no playable Valsion. And if he was alive, what happened to him in the alternate future that explains why there wasn't a Machine Celled Valsion in Alpha Gaiden if he knows Dr. Nate?

I see. Well, I might look it up just to satiate my curiosity. But perhaps later.

I didn't say a flashback was involved, haha. I don't think he and Sanger are the same age. Sanger is only around 30, early 30's by Moon Dwellers in OGverse and still about 30-31 in Alpha 3, depending on the character route. Bian has to be at least in his 40's, unless he fathered Lune young enough. Still, the argument would still fall flat with all the old people or around his age around that still fight, hahaha.

Hard to say. There's a short manga, don't know how canon is it, that dabbles a little on the characters left behind after the Gravitational Shockwave hit Earth without the Aegis Shield at full power. Suffice to say, the heroes left behind and still around left for space, likely the moon if I recall. Bian might've followed suit... or he died was dead at that point. It's hard to say since there's no statement as to what he was doing all this time while AWOL.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I didn't say a flashback was involved, haha. I don't think he and Sanger are the same age. Sanger is only around 30, early 30's by Moon Dwellers in OGverse and still about 30-31 in Alpha 3, depending on the character route. Bian has to be at least in his 40's, unless he fathered Lune young enough. Still, the argument would still fall flat with all the old people or around his age around that still fight, hahaha.

It feels so hard to believe this, despite Excellen saying he was pushing 30 and me remembering it. It's definitely Sanger being a natural whitehead that's to blame, yet, envisioning the German Samurai with any other color isn't working to de-age him either. That, and he deserves to be older because it's unusual in the ageist field of Japanese popular entertainment.

I got a literal 5/100 on my last math exam. 

Fuck it. I don't care anymore. I'll just take an easier math class next semester and use it to get my AA.

Fuck math. Fuck the fact that it's required for me to get my AA. Useless subject isn't even relevant to my career path.

Part of the blame lies on my shitty professor tho. He's very much a "you have to memorize this" guy. Only reason i passed the other math class last semester was because the professor there actually put the equations and formulas on the test so the only thing you had to know was how to use them and not what they are.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Long, hard, and fun boss fights I'd say are those where I'm able to keep control of the battle, but the control is delicate and I'm kept on edge. The boss should be able to throw wrenches into my precarious command of the battlefield and gain the edge for a moment, but not collapse me in a single blow unless it's well telegraphed. It's a careful balancing act.

Agreed.

This is easier accomplished in action games of any kind. 

Woah, even Ace Combat got an entry in there!?

AC5 track, neat!

Wait. AC5... stadium... ... CHOPPER!

Edited by Acacia Sgt