Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

??? Was Draco Cantus hard? I honestly don't remember anything after Tigris Cantus. Other than Lightning Rook was really good for Draco, and Anguis was a thing. Not helping was Draco not being in the boss rush.

Hard enough when I first played on the DS thank you.

(Course, dual Lightning Rook is Unlimited Power personified, that's arguably unfair, though hilarious they just give it to you in that game)

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The music was forgettable. And I had no interest in carrying a tune, I wanted it over.

Not helped by how long it can take I take it.

(Yeah, I love plenty of the new tracks in NEO, helps me get sucked in)

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There was, but blushing for friends doesn't happen very often in stories. It's love, let's not deny it, unless it is outright denied.

Oh let me deny a little, not every cis male/female duo has to be paired thank you.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Well

unknown.png

@Interdimensional Observer @Acacia Sgt well i'm starting an SRW game for real this time. Even if it's not mainline.

(I'll need to figure out these audio kinks tho, it's not gamebreaking but i'd like it to be a little bit more smoother).

Between this, Sakura Wars, Banner Saga and It Takes Two, that's four games in the rotation but since It Takes Two is gonna be limited to simultaneous availability between me and my friend, for all intents and purposes, i've got three games in the rotation.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Though at least you can't claim it's "typical Square Enix" the way you're disinterested in FF and DQ.

True true. Yeah, i don't think TWEWY is like, baby's first RPG the way FF and DQ are but idk, it just never appealed to me.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Z8DWUMU.jpg
Well, this certainly an accurate depiction of the internet if it were in a time travel game.

When does this take place (primarily)? These dudes using old flip phones.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

well i'm starting an SRW game for real this time. Even if it's not mainline.

(I'll need to figure out these audio kinks tho, it's not gamebreaking but i'd like it to be a little bit more smoother).

Even as a spin-off game, there will be stuff that might not be understood fully unless you played the mainline SRW OG games, I think. However, it shouldn't be too much. Still, hope you enjoy it!

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Oh let me deny a little, not every cis male/female duo has to be paired thank you.

We're in agreement here at least. I'm trying to hold back my tongue on bashing it.😝

Slightly ironic, because I didn't pay attention to the credits, but Miss Badship sounded like the young lady from a duo that I actually didn't entirely mind being shipped together. If not exactly having any romance between them during their journey.

It's forced stuff like this that makes curious about this one obscure lite-RPG game called Haven and its handling of love. But then I remember it's hetero, and you know what I'd rather have.

Course, dual Lightning Rook is Unlimited Power personified, that's arguably unfair, though hilarious they just give it to you in that game

I noticed they gave me some kind of electric pin right before the final final boss, I didn't try it out, or even check to see what it does. But I thought it was keeping some kind of tradition alive.

Not helped by how long it can take I take it.

Honestly, I should've taken a break between final battles. But no, I wanted NEO to end, now, I was too impatient, and that further decreased my likings for the final final boss.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Well

unknown.png

@Interdimensional Observer @Acacia Sgt well i'm starting an SRW game for real this time. Even if it's not mainline.

😲

I was not expecting it this soon. Still, time to raise your... DEFLATION!

"As a reminder I am the weirdo for liking these games, which are far from perfect (and the first is kinda budget).

It’s got more of a story than PxZ, but don’t expect anything within lightyears of Xenosaga or 13 Sentinels. Being primarily an SRW spinoff, with a few Monolith characters added in, it’s neither “pure” nor possessing the full crossover zaniness of PxZ. Although for a robot junkie, there are certainly grounds to argue there is not enough Super Robot Wars, being set in a world devoid of steel colossi with a scarce few shrunken imitations.

You could in your assessment end up calling the Endless Frontier games a pair of eunuchs. Straddling the lines by which we define things, formally belonging to one category, but showing deficiency there, whilst not able to compensate with adequacy in others. This is the same category to which Tokyo Mirage Sessions belongs, neither SMT, nor Fire Emblem, nor Persona, and reviled or belittled by connoisseurs of all three.

Why does this pair of spinoffs even exist? I don’t know. There was nothing that made them by any measure necessary for SRW OG. The first EF sold possibly 200k total, and Japan-only Exceed maybe half of that. Very niche.

In the case you fall into a BKO situation wherein the gameplay becomes a total chore yet you want to finish the story, here are some AR cheats you might be able to implement to get through it. Or you’d watch an LP instead, there is this. Also, Exceed made a bunch of little tweaks that added up to much smoother experience IMO, so don't rush to the cheats for Exceed if you have to use them in the first EF excusable for the final battles.

The games are very linear, the first has but one optional boss as side content, and Exceed isn’t a whole lot better. So you can’t really miss out on anything."

-And so I finish my deflationary effort.

*Copypasta prepared months in advance posted*

Hope you can find fun!😃

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Even as a spin-off game, there will be stuff that might not be understood fully unless you played the mainline SRW OG games, I think. However, it shouldn't be too much. Still, hope you enjoy it!

Yeah, unless it's really relying on knowledge of the mainline games, I should be fine.

I'm probably better off expecting a PxZ deal where you just learn general info from whatever's being crossed over.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's forced stuff like this that makes curious about this one obscure lite-RPG game called Haven and its handling of love

Heh, I was thinking of this game earlier today. The main plot of It Takes Two revolves around a couple who has pretty much decided to get divorced....but before they can, they get turned into toys and must work together to get back to their real bodies (a subconscious wish by their daughter). I bring this up because it's basically the opposite of Haven. Both are co-op games, one where a couple needs to work together if they want to live together while another is a broken couple working together to get away (but it's very anti-divorce so I know where this heading).

was not expecting it this soon

I was gonna do it earlier but I kept putting it off for a variety of reasons.

This is the same category to which Tokyo Mirage Sessions belongs, neither SMT, nor Fire Emblem, nor Persona, and reviled or belittled by connoisseurs of all three.

So what you're saying is that there's a decent chance I'll end up liking it haha.

Well I always go in with an open mind. Most of the time. We'll see where it lands.

Edited by Armagon

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, unless it's really relying on knowledge of the mainline games, I should be fine.

You should be mostly fine. Certain aspects of Original Generation 2 would be useful to know (and in order to fully appreciate that would require OG1 beforehand), but it's not strictly mandatory. Heck, Exceed requires playing OG Gaiden to fully grasp (and a drama CD I think), and that hasn't been translated yet.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Heh, I was thinking of this game earlier today. The main plot of It Takes Two revolves around a couple who has pretty much decided to get divorced....but before they can, they get turned into toys and must work together to get back to their real bodies (a subconscious wish by their daughter). I bring this up because it's basically the opposite of Haven. Both are co-op games, one where a couple needs to work together if they want to live together while another is a broken couple working together to get away (but it's very anti-divorce so I know where this heading).

Interesting coincidence.😅

An divorce/unsubtly anti-divorce game sounds unusual, but enjoyable. Like something out of American television/movies' sitcoms and romcoms and their humble and rancorous depictions of married life. You don't see that a lot in Japanese games because we need more dateable youths

Aight fixed the audio issues by turning on the JIT recompiler and turning off audio sync. It's running basically perfect now.

Will also be playing with my PS4 controllor on this game. Seems it'll be much more useful for the combat.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

An divorce/unsubtly anti-divorce game sounds unusual, but enjoyable. Like something out of American television/movies' sitcoms and romcoms and their humble and rancorous depictions of married life. You don't see that a lot in Japanese games because we need more dateable youths

Time to bring out a funny (but outdated)

EIFDKx-WkAARIRo.png

Well i gotta get to bed so i didn't get to play much. First impressions though is that i feel combat is distinct enough from PxZ. They feel similar but timing feels even more important than in PxZ. Aschen's definitely the button mash character though at least for now.

Well, that other job also has its snags. At least only in the registration process so far. I can hope once I get past that it can be smoother sailing from now on, but I can't finish it today at this point. If not... it's back to job-searching, or maybe try to reach some consensus with the job I already have instead of resigning...

Life is but pain and suffering...

(Minor spoilers for my LP, but I need to share this.)

Spoiler

mDENWv0.png

ELEN IS FRICKIN' SEVEN MAGIC BELOW AVERAGE AFTER ONLY 18 LEVELS

And defense blessed, to boot. Why.

Her magic stat alone has an Elimine-damned 0.0584% chance of being this low.

Edited by Benice

14 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

HP regen while Dstone is equipped

Neat.

11 hours ago, Sooks said:

The walking simulator of chapter 5 is done. I decided to change my approach to the map and move the entire army up towards the village and down to the boss in one fell swoop, making the walking simulator feeling of the map pretty much vanish entirely. So yeah, that’s the fun way to play the map. Approaching the boss and his squad was difficult, but was doable thanks to Kris and Arran.

You know, I never thought of doing that.

Maybe I should have. Going through the middle is always hell.

10 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Kumegara good

About time you said something based.

I like how you misspelled both their names though

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Z8DWUMU.jpg
Well, this certainly an accurate depiction of the internet if it were in a time travel game.

That Steins Gate?

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Hide contents

mDENWv0.png

Worst part is that she's slightly speed-blessed too.

She's speed blessed, defense blessed and horrendously mag screwed. How does that even happen...? Elen, whatever nasty shit you're doing, please quit it. Or at least balance it out with a healthy line of spirit dust.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That Steins Gate?

Yes.

I would have burnt myself out on fe12 if I’d kept going with just that, and it’s shiny new desktop shortcut was staring at me so here we are.

A better explanation on the "float points":

2218c1429c638ddef2dca60ce7153e2a.png

So you can see the highlighted bytes on the left hand side: that is my float point, as shown on the right side, this comes down to 118.75. That would be Rean's HP growth in game, now this decimal is stored in game, so he is allowed to get 119 HP as well. It's a simple way to create variance, although limited as hell.

Edit: i needed someone to explain that to me as well, haha.

Edited by lightcosmo

I suppose after Sky had it setup where they needed to individually change their stats every level, for every character, they wanted a more simple solution that didn't end up with hand cramps every time.

Beat half of Fuga's Wild Ride before lunch.

I accidentally unlocked the code for this map too. Usually I have trouble handling the fliers in the middle. However, I made a mistake and Velouria was carried to the danger zone. In order to bring her back, I used a dragon vein... and in so doing, I disrupted the enemy formation completely and was able to handle the fliers with ease. Awesome.

Master Ninja Shura is still the most epic thing in the world. I already loved him before, but now I love him even more. He's so good, who needs Kaze?

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes.

I would have burnt myself out on fe12 if I’d kept going with just that, and it’s shiny new desktop shortcut was staring at me so here we are.

Of course, understandable.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Reveal hidden contents

mDENWv0.png

Reminder that a 50% growth is the most volatile of them all. 

I don't think I've ever had anything so cursed. If you waste a Guiding Ring on that, well, Mend will keep her healing afloat. I wouldn't advise training her for Aureola, though 45 effective Mt means it still ought to 2HKO at worst.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

All of Fuga's Wild Ride was going spectacularly, until I made one mistake at the end and Nichol got killed.

Hurray, doing everything again. My favorite thing about FE. And of course, now that I'm angry and impatient, I can't do anything right and will not be able to get even close to where I was. God fucking damnit, I hate this game's lack of save points so much.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

All of Fuga's Wild Ride was going spectacularly, until I made one mistake at the end and Nichol got killed.

Hurray, doing everything again. My favorite thing about FE.

If it was me, I would've save stated.