Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Put it in your signature, so everyone can see it at all times and get angry at your opinions.

Haha! I'm sure it would be a very unique list.

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sure are. They could've given them at least one Corrin support, it's not like they were strangers to the concept of Corrinsexuals. But playable throwaway bosses is such a hilarious concept that I'm willing to take it, even with the limitations.

Nearly every character gets to have a piece of that corn on a cob, it's a shame the captured units don't get so much as a kernel.

I'm also going to assume you can't capture any story relevant characters like Garon or any of the siblings?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, he's marriable, isn't he.

The spotpass characters are so hilarious. Shame about their availability, though.

I'd marry Gangrel in every Awakening playthrough if he wasn't only available right before the final chapter of the game.

...And if they allowed gay relationships.

I usually only play the male avatars in these games. Sue me.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

TALOA

(That's a lot of acronyms)

sorry, lol

I know Darknut from another forum, so just figured I'd let him know that it's a chill chat thread here like it is over there 😛

Edited by twilit of Christmas Past

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

I'm also going to assume you can't capture any story relevant characters like Garon or any of the siblings?

Yep, that’s correct.

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

'm also going to assume you can't capture any story relevant characters like Garon or any of the siblings?

Ruben would put it above Berwick if he could kek

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Haha! I'm sure it would be a very unique list.

As if there were two remotely similar FE tier lists out there.

Nearly every character gets to have a piece of that corn on a cob, it's a shame the captured units don't get so much as a kernel.

#JusticeForHaitaka

Unfortunately, you cannot play as Garon, no.

I'd marry Gangrel in every Awakening playthrough if he wasn't only available right before the final chapter of the game.

...And if they allowed gay relationships.

Honestly, I probably would have done the same if I could've grabbed him earlier. Gangrel is the only character I can remember from that game lol.

I usually only play the male avatars in these games. Sue me.

You will be hearing from my lawyers.

5 minutes ago, twilit of Christmas Past said:

sorry, lol

I know Darknut from another forum, so just figured I'd let him know that it's a chill chat thread here like it is over there 😛

Yeah, figured as much.

...wait, chill? We argue over nonsense on a daily basis.

I must say, you all know what I think about Heroes, but the new girl with the big hat has my favorite kind of anime face.

Like, seriously top notch. We need more faces like that. Preferably in games that aren't sewage dredge.

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Ruben would put it above Berwick if he could kek

Yeeeeee I know Berwick has the best gameplay, the best story, the best graphics, the best soundtrack, the best cast, the best girl, but

Fates lets me salt the seeds with the T-posing Saltyman himself.

3 minutes ago, twilit of Christmas Past said:

It's always all in good fun though 😄

I dunno... I fimd you guys disagree with me often. I don't find it in good fun to have others disagree with my perfect opinions.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I dont think I've ever encountered 2 identical tier lists in FE. Id be terrified to put my list on my signature. I'd offend the world.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unfortunately, you cannot play as Garon, no.

I dont think you'd play any other FE game otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gangrel is the only character I can remember from that game lol.

What about Cervantes? He's got the mustache!

3 minutes ago, twilit of Christmas Past said:

It's always all in good fun though 😄

Thats good to know. Especially coming from the Christmas profile on December. Brings good vibes...or teehees as I am to believe you say around these parts.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I dunno... I fimd you guys disagree with me often. I don't find it in good fun to have others disagree with my perfect opinions.

Okay nevermind.

Pobre Ruben. The world cannot comprehend his based takes. He remains isolated in his lair, t posing like Garon in hopes that someone will one day agree with his perfect opinion.

Did I get any of that right?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I must say, you all know what I think about Heroes, but the new girl with the big hat has my favorite kind of anime face.

Like, seriously top notch. We need more faces like that. Preferably in games that aren't sewage dredge.

Who?

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good point.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly, I probably would have done the same if I could've grabbed him earlier. Gangrel is the only character I can remember from that game lol.

Marrying Gangrel is also the only way you can save him as his endcard tells how he committed suicide after the war otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Treason.

I am really feeling hell breaking loose with the southern room

ok, here are some ways i use to deal with the map:

• Entrap Hans, and maybe someone else before you enter the room
  • Try to clear the room in 2 player phases after that, with the first phase clearing the Generals without landing in Berserker's range (or only a strong a unit landing there)
  • If not possible, bait from behind the door as 2 range units will try to attack you

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

You get the next one at the end of the prologue, and she’ll stay until the end of chapter 1.

The way this game works is that you get both Estelle and Joshua for the entire game (with one or two exceptions) and other characters come and go depending on where you are in the story, and there are quite a few of those characters, so that should be good for you if like RPGs like that? But you never really get to control who’s in your party in this one as a result (though there is one big exception to that).

So it's like Final Fantasy IV where the composition of the party constantly changes, I suppose. Hopefully it's not like Final Fantasy II, where the fourth party member always dies. I wonder if you get to use everyone by the end of the game. I hear Trails into Reverie has over 50 characters, so it's statistically likely that most of the party will be playable in that game.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Every time I see your profile picture I think it's Haitaka from FE Fates. I have to do a double take every time.

Ah yes, the scene with Haitaka and No-Face on the train is one of the most iconic scenes in anime history.

20 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Okay, I'm saying it: I am shit at Conquest because I keep fucking up on this corridor.

(For the want of a hammer eh?)

Nobody is good at Conquest. We just bash our heads against the wall till we crack the code, ome correct move at a time.

15 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

I dont think I've ever encountered 2 identical tier lists in FE. Id be terrified to put my list on my signature. I'd offend the world.

You couldn't offend me, you have New Mystery listed as your favorite. And you used Tomas to kill the big man himself. There is nothing you could possibly do to offend me after that display of sheer awesomeness.

I dont think you'd play any other FE game otherwise.

I probably would find it highly difficult. Only badasses like Derrick could possibly stand a chance against Garon.

What about Cervantes? He's got the mustache!

Oh yeah, that guy. Everyone told me his map was ass and extremely difficult. I flew Panne to the stache and that was it, like every other map in the game.

Thats good to know. Especially coming from the Christmas profile on December. Brings good vibes...or teehees as I am to believe you say around these parts.

Okay nevermind.

Leave it to me to ruin all the good vibes with my Rubeness

Pobre Ruben. The world cannot comprehend his based takes. He remains isolated in his lair, t posing like Garon in hopes that someone will one day agree with his perfect opinion.

Did I get any of that right?

No, you forgot to mention that I am the most peerless tactician of all time, vanquisher of countless armies - often the enemy ones.

...also, now I wish I had a throne to t-pose on top of...

12 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Marrying Gangrel is also the only way you can save him as his endcard tells how he committed suicide after the war otherwise.

Oh wow. That's oddly metal for an obvious joke character. Well, joke when he's recruitable.

I honestly don't get why some people hate the spotpass characters so much, it is clear they're just little "what if" scenarios that aren't supposed to be seen as canon. Like, I've seen folks saying it ruins Emmeryn's character. Emmeryn's character ended when her brains exited her skull, the other thing is just a lighthearted little fantasy. An optimistic alternate sequence of events that didn't really happen. It isn't real. Chrom is insane and hallucinates all of his foes and friends are back from the dead and redeemed, because he cannot take the guilt of his entire army's death. He curses the day he woke up that mad tactician who commanded without the slightest regard for human life. He will carry the regret to his grave. It will forever consume him.

...that makes sense in the context of my run.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Who?

Eitri? I think her name is Eitri. Unlike every other female OC in Heroes, she's a notch above forgettable because she has the cutest lil face.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Ah yes, the scene with Haitaka and No-Face on the train is one of the most iconic scenes in anime history.

He taught her(?) a little lesson in having a face.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nobody is good at Conquest. We just bash our heads against the wall till we crack the code, ome correct move at a time.

I'm just shoving myself into the pain box apparently.

(Pay no heed to the shitpost crossing Dune and Fates)

Spoiler

“I must not Fates.
Fates is the mind-killer.
Fates is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will challenge my Fate.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the Fates has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Edited by Dayni

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nonetheless, I start the So'najiz Temple, go a decent distance in ...only to reach a room called "Standing Attraction" that I have no idea as to how to proceed in. The game is giving me no clues whatsoever on how to get into the southern half of the chamber. I wasn't expecting to be stumped this badly so soon.😅

Assuming you haven't already passed it, could you send a pic to see if I could help?

3 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

The whole of CS2 takes place during the epilogue chapter of Azure. So they stretched one chapter to a full game and filled it with bullshit.

So I've always wondered, is it specifically the content you take issue with? I mean, I know you have a lot of issues with the content, but like, on paper, one game taking place during the epilogue of another game isn't really something to lose sleep on.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

a Trails in the Sky question, when am I going to get a party member other than Estelle and Joshua? I find that I enjoy RPGs more when I have more characters to use.

It cycles. That's how the first game of each arc generally goes.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

DwOaZKt.jpg

🤔🤔🤔

23 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

be terrified to put my list on my signature. I'd offend the world.

I personally would be proud to let people know that I think all of Kaga's games except FE3 and TRS are utter horseshit lol gottem.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eitri? I think her name is Eitri. Unlike every other female OC in Heroes, she's a notch above forgettable because she has the cutest lil face.

She's also actually a psychopath.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I personally would be proud to let people know that I think all of Kaga's games except FE3 and TRS are utter horseshit lol gottem.

Goddammit, Armagon.

Every time I forget it is possible to be this wrong, you pop out of the woodwork to remind me.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

She's also actually a psychopath.

You don't say.

Yeah, she's clearly the best original character in the whole stupid game.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

is it specifically the content you take issue with?

It's the content (Story, gameplay and characters. Basically everything but the music) that i despise and not that it takes place during another game's epilogue, considering i played CS2 waaaaaaaaaay before Ao and still utterly despised it.

Edited by Father Shrimpas

11 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Hopefully it's not like Final Fantasy II, where the fourth party member always dies.

Play the rest of the series to find out!

I wonder if you get to use everyone by the end of the game.

Is that what they did in Final Fantasy IV?

I hear Trails into Reverie has over 50 characters, so it's statistically likely that most of the party will be playable in that game.

50? That’s… a lot. The Trails games I’ve played haven’t even had 50 playable characters total across all of them.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It’s also made easier when you can save state to right before someone’s brains spill out on the wall instead of having to redo the 40 minutes up until that point, but I guess we don’t all do that.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eitri?

Ah, that is a face that exists…

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh wow. That's oddly metal for an obvious joke character. Well, joke when he's recruitable.

I honestly don't get why some people hate the spotpass characters so much, it is clear they're just little "what if" scenarios that aren't supposed to be seen as canon. Like, I've seen folks saying it ruins Emmeryn's character. Emmeryn's character ended when her brains exited her skull, the other thing is just a lighthearted little fantasy. An optimistic alternate sequence of events that didn't really happen. It isn't real. Chrom is insane and hallucinates all of his foes and friends are back from the dead and redeemed, because he cannot take the guilt of his entire army's death. He curses the day he woke up that mad tactician who commanded without the slightest regard for human life. He will carry the regret to his grave. It will forever consume him.

...that makes sense in the context of my run.

Wow, that took a turn I did not expect it to.

I will say, while Gangrel surface level feels like a joke character, the supports he has after his recruitment are very sweet, or at least I think so. Hell, a big reason why Gangrel and Emmeryn are my two favorite FE characters is because of the conversations the two have with each other. 

A good point of view I once heard is that Emmeryn losing her memories and ending up the way she did was like finally reaching pure innocence. She spends most of her time early game speaking of peace, but only with the loss of her past memories and actions did she purely embrace peace, it's like she became a sinless angel. That of course is more of a headcanon so take with it what you will.

Berwick is better than all other Kaga games combined

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

50? That’s… a lot. The Trails games I’ve played haven’t even had 50 playable characters total across all of them.

You got a 50man party final dungeon Ü

It sucks ass