• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

cIdYl99.png

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1651819597

2x1_NSwitch_XenobladeChronicles3_image16

Kirby_and_The_Forgotten_Land_Icon.jpg

2x1_NSwitch_FireEmblemWarriorsThreeHopes

My Summer playlist....

I don't think there was a year i had so many games i want to play in a time frame lol

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I need this story injected into my veins.

2 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Are we the baddies?

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

don't think there was a year i had so many games i want to play in a time frame lol

How do you even get the time for all of this?

Well Kirby would probably be finished by the end of the month at the rate you're going.

Ys-Next-Concept-Art_06-22-22-768x532.jpg

FINALLY SOME NEW YS INFO

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How do you even get the time for all of this?

I DON'T

XD

I am only playing Kirbo atm, and will switch to 3H after i finish it. 

Dunno when i will get to play the rest lmao.

I can probably squish a game between 3H and XB3.

Edited by Shrimpolaris

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

This year it will be impossible with the amount of games on current backlog + releasing soon XD

I am dissapoint.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Everything looks so good.

True!

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

oh wow the game running at an acceptable frame rate who would've thought

Also it me or is it visually better too?

Might just get it tbh, I wasn't that far into the Switch version (only the third dungeon completed) so it's not like I'll be losing too much progress.

Recruited the other Ultraman characters and Irritable Bowl Officers.

• SEVEN should get out of the power suit and hand it to an H.onestly B.etter glasses-wearing stick-up-the-butt. Letting others flounder in their own lackadaisical incompetence and compensating for their faults through your boundless selfless merit is superior! to telling others they have to be whipped into shape.
  • ACE on the other hand had the bright idea. When in another world- don't fight, tour the world's finest coastlines to vacation at instead.🏝️ Best of the Ultramen for sure.
  • Mikazuki seems to have been a case of a bland first impression. (Judging from dialogue and him having the strongest Alaya-Vijana bonuses, that, being the MC of his story, he has the weakest personality and is likely the most injured by the spinal implants, but probably the most powerful.) The other two Iron-Blood Orphans are better. 
    • Akihiro's personality is fine, and as a gameplay unit, probably the best of the three. A cheap 15 SP Wall + a good barrier makes him utterly invincible.
      • I would never have thought to use scissors as a weapon either. I mean Wildwurger and Gan Duro had introduced me to the idea of physically pinching things to death, but they were stylized. Using plain, unpolished pliers is visceral.
    • Shino is the oddball of a group built on a rather dark and gritty premise, yet I sure don't mind. I like my fictional energetic fun-loving guys, he alone makes the shirtless piloting sexy.😋
      • His Gundam Flauros has no post-movement weapons, but excellent range, and none of that Gundam beam garbage that half the barriers seem to have been invented to block. No Hit & Run nor Snipe, but I don't think he needs either, he's a pilot for whom Charge isn't a waste of a Spirit slot (although, Orga is a must-have Supporter to me and can give Charge on everyone). Lack of Bullseye is peculiar, but honestly, I think Bullseye is too prevalent, it makes upgrading Sight a waste of cash minus FUBing, and we have Attune, less Bulleye would make it more valuable.
      • I also have to ask, why would a man who confirmed his eager heterosexuality, specifically ask for his robot to be painted magenta?🤔
      • 'Nother missed chance for a Ryusei quip, given what Shino is calling his machine.
      • Shino appear to me to be the worst of the IBO trio, but all of their Gundams look pleasing, and being paid DLC are good units. I might want to permanently throw one of them on my team whenever I settle on my non-OG core units. I still haven't decided.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, partly that, but another factor is getting a prompt of

Let me ask- why would anyone fight him after EX? Dude did the flip, did he not? What reason is there to not trust him?

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

20220622_103610.jpg?width=432&height=432

.....ok so the last time, they put Auresco's big tower thingies in the promotional artwork for Xenoblade 2's expansion pass so uh yeah, this is definitely a hint of what the DLC story would be.

😬

I'm worried. FE started paid DLC with Awakening, it was, on the whole, not too bad. Perhaps overpriced on the Einherjar stuff, but overall solid. Then, Fates degraded somewhat from Awakening's quality, though not too terribly. SoV's was ridiculously overpriced with the Overclasses, souring the deal, but at least you could ignore them and opt for the Cipher Deliverance stuff separately. Lastly, we have Three Houses, where the choice to purchase the good without the iffy/lackluster/bad was denied.

Normalizing expansion passes with XC... perhaps inevitable in this day and age. But, once a norm is established, will the quality continue to be at what it was once the concept was first introduced?

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

20220622_112753.jpg

That's just Crescens.

You're forgetting one thing.:

s-l400.jpg

Crescens is rather unusual for a humanoid mobile weapon in that it lacks arms and hands. Anything that wants to call itself an imitator has to follow suit IMO.

Now if you excuse me, I'm in the mood to revisit "how would one integrate XG into SRW?".

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

oh wow the game running at an acceptable frame rate who would've thought

Sooner than I expected for the port. It'll have been out for a while by the time I intend to nab it. People will have had time to dissect the improvements.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Ys-Next-Concept-Art_06-22-22-768x532.jpg

FINALLY SOME NEW YS INFO

Seeing this remark...

• While it will retain the series’ smooth and exhilarating gameplay, other areas are being re-examined. And while not quite a Soulslike, the challenge is to see whether it is possible to implement steadily-paced one-on-one combat in which the player can watch the enemy’s movements. It is a lighter-feeling, Ys-style Soulslike.

...has me uneasy. I don't want to try Souls! Dead squirrels have better reflexes than me.

However, this is what difficulty settings are for. So I'm sure I'll be able to get through it.

Does "one-on-one" means the party system is going away? I liked having a standard JRPG cast along for the ride, yet I can't see needing six heroes if it's mono-a-mono. I'd be okay with three, but then the two non-Adols will need strong personalities, rich development, and flavorful chemistry, a very high bar.

For that girl there, the female lead this time you think? If we're going back to Adol's younger days, any chance she won't be mega-special like Dana and Aprilis? That could be a refreshing contrast. I do like the choice to give her a small one-handed axe, since axes tend to be those hulking two-handed things that get relegated to the strong-but-slow role. A one-handed axe isn't exactly a bland overused sword, and different from the axe norm too.

They also said the story "might" be outside of Romun Empire. -How do you not know when you're the ones writing it, and why tease us that about this detail? So, where exactly then? Eastward into Asia? Southward into Africa? Westward over the sea? Non-imperial Europe? What's the general setting going to be this time? Perhaps northern "Afroca"? IRL, Rome did control the North African coast and also Anatolia and the Levant, fighting the Parthians and their successors the Sassanids over Mesopotamia/modern Iraq. Set in these peripheral lands, you could honestly say "sorta Romun, kinda not".

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...has me uneasy. I don't want to try Souls! Dead squirrels have better reflexes than me.

I got the impression that Dark Souls is not really about reflexes. More about observation, strategy and perseverance.

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Does "one-on-one" means the party system is going away?

"Changing weapon attributes by swapping between party members will change significantly."

Sounds to me like you will only have 1 active member at a time, so to say.

any chance she won't be mega-special like Dana and Aprilis?

Eh

The Heroines were typicaly "special"

Although the special spectrum varies true.

Aprilis is one of the least special ones, while Dana is on the upper scale if not the most special one.

Only 2 Heroines i can think of as not special. And one of them is just....meh.

They also said the story "might" be outside of Romun Empire. -How do you not know when you're the ones writing it, and why tease us that about this detail? So, where exactly then? Eastward into Asia? Southward into Africa? Westward over the sea? Non-imperial Europe? What's the general setting going to be this time? Perhaps northern "Afroca"? IRL, Rome did control the North African coast and also Anatolia and the Levant, fighting the Parthians and their successors the Sassanids over Mesopotamia/modern Iraq. Set in these peripheral lands, you could honestly say "sorta Romun, kinda not".

This is just a special guess based on the concept art:

• Tri-theism

Tri-theism was introduced in Ys 7 and plays a very big role in Ys 8. Grattheos was mentioned and his statue seen in Ys 7, Maia the party meets in Ys 8....

The the last one is Horu, the Sky deity. Which sounds close to Horus from egyptian mytholgy, which also was a Sky deithy in said mytholgy.

150px-Horus_standing.svg.png

So probably this game takes place in Ys!Egypt. Which could also tie into a Ys 5 remake since Ys 5 takes place in Xandria, which is Ys!Alexandria/North Egypt.

Or that's just my guess anyway

If we're going back to Adol's younger days

The most disappointing bit ngl. I want the timeline to move forward tbh

Edited by Shrimpy

They put so much iNtO making a model and Putting it in, but thEy didn't Ask if they should. Can't bElieve this is a real tweet of course.

25 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

It seems you too have become an awakened one...

It has been a FORceful waking from sluMbEr.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

This is just a special guess based on the pic:

• Tri-theism

Tri-theism was introduced in Ys 7 and plays a very big role in Ys 8. Grattheos was mentioned and his statue seen in Ys 7, Maia the party meets in Ys 8....

The the last one is Horu, the Sky deity. Which sounds close to Horus from egyptian mytholgy, which also was a Sky deithy in said mytholgy.

150px-Horus_standing.svg.png

So probably this game takes place in Ys!Egypt. Which could also tie into a Ys 5 remake since Ys 5 takes place in Xandria, which is Ys!Alexandria/Not-North Egypt.

Or that's just my guess anyway

Upper (southern) Egypt, could be fun. 

Although, given IX relocated the Norse gods to France and Britain -I don't think the Gauls and Celts shared a pantheon with the Norse-, maybe Horu would be moved out of his IRL homeland.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

The most disappointing bit ngl. I want the timeline to move forward tbh

Isn't Nox the last game in the timeline right now? One game going backwards isn't the worst thing. It took Metroid until last year for the franchise to chronologically move past Fusion (2002). And the recently announced Street Fighter VI from what I've heard is the first game to take place after SF III: Third Strike (1999). Patience, slightly older grasshopper.😛

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Isn't Nox the last game in the timeline right now? One game going backwards isn't the worst thing.

Thing is when they go backward they have to fit with the timeline so far, which means something like what happened to Dana might happen again

Spoiler

They really went out of their way to fit Ys 8 in the timeline, which meant Dana had to madoka herself, and you do know what i think of this xD

If they move forward, they are free to change details as they please and introduce new stuff. Doing that in a predetermined time line is tricky, and might lead to another case of 

Spoiler

reality warping shanengans

although if we are dealing with Horu, that would fit lol.