• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Zade: Ok, peeps, i need half the gang to go save some kids. For all that is good out there and the like!

Half the gang after they leave Zade: *Start killing each other*

This is funny lmao

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

LMAOOOO (Xenoblade 3 Ch.5 and 6 spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

20220819_204056.jpg

Spoiler

N stands for NTR after all

ONLY WANT ONE WORLD

I see that Xenoblade 3 is one of those games where a group of generic enemies is inexplicably the hardest battle in the game. Xenoblade 1 was like that too I think, Eryth Sea is clearly cursed (yes, the Defensive Kromar are worse than YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE). I still lost even with a six level advantage. 0/10 game Trails is better.

I eventually won by making Mio, Eunie, Taion, and Lanz all Signifers. Maximum healers really is the optimal strategy.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Lots of shit is being cancelled.

I hope Teen Titans Go! is next

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I would imagine a great many players never realized this, and still don't. I haven't had the faintest interest in touch an actual MMORPG, particularly anything that demands a subscription, XCX is as close as I've ever gotten to the genre.

Don't do it, they're all P2W

Since I spent my youth playing MMOs, I'm not too bothered by it, but this "single player MMO" style is inherently flawed, because the fun of MMOs is playing with other people. This is the pitfall that FFXII fell (one of many) and that this game has to avoid as much as possible.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

So I switched to a film major. It does look like I can minor in digital design at least but I was advised to save this for next semester.

Congratz! Maybe now you'll finally learn to appreciate some underrated movies!

Been taking a bit of a break from RPG'ing and clearing some shorter games in the old backlog. Devil May Cry was next up after finishing Touhouvania.

I knew pretty well going into this one what I was in for. And DMC1 delivered on a game that's about as much of a mixed bag as it gets.

For every good and fun moment, there was also a moment or three that felt tedious and frustrating. Most notably, the fixed camera consistently worked against the kind of mobility the player is given to mess around with, often being entirely disorienting. Backtracking wasn't particularly enjoyable, nor were the numerous tight corners and sections you have to trek through and fight in. Boss quality was also all over the place. Not only were a small pool of boss fights repeated again and again, but the quality of the fights never got to a point I'd call great, or even good for the most part.

That said, my overall opinion on the game is still positive, because the basics of what DMC1 established are very solid. Dante's movement and combat feel consistent and fairly snappy, despite the player having to fight with the camera. Mixing gunplay with swordplay is never not satisfying, and Devil Trigger makes you feel as powerful as you'd expect and want from a character with abilities like Dante's.

Likewise, the music and tone capture decently well the kind of over-the-top edge and camp I can vibe with. There are a decent amount of items that can reduce the frustration of certain boss designs (thought it doesn't excuse them, it just helps ease annoyance). And the generally short length of the missions prevents any tedium from getting too overwhelming.

DMC1 is a classic example of a first entry in a series. Flawed potential, through and through, especially when its age is taken into consideration. And it's that potential that makes me want to explore more of DMC as a series.

As poignant as looking the ash-covered southern half of the island and the distant Red Mountain with its rising smoke, I guess it would have more impact if I had seen how the island used to look back in Bloodmoon. Maybe one day I'll play the previous TES games. For now, I got to finish this playthrough, now that I'm so close to the end.

Well, did more Raven Rock quests, and explored the southwest quadrant of Solstheim. Will head to the southeast one next... but that's for next time.

9 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

0WZbgf5.png

wait wat

we Thracia now

Congrats on your first move level.

Wait, is it on Ezrel? Oof. My condolences....

Where the fuck did our Dragon Girl disappear to? She isn't in preps in ch10???

And yes, i still had money to hire her so dunno where she disappeared to???

She's elsewhere, don't worry.

6 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

That maybe the most sensible thing you’ve said in months Rubenio.

I ended up not feeling it. So I didn't.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

51rOwUO.png

Lol

We're the good guys!

5 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

Zade: Ok, peeps, i need half the gang to go save some kids. For all that is good out there and the like!

Half the gang after they leave Zade: *Start killing each other*

This is funny lmao

Sujata: watches Haldyn fail miserably at hurting her brother.

Also Sujata: Shanks Karajan for no reason

You know, I never did stop to think about it, but... Yeah, you're right. That is pretty hilarious.

I have been traumatised by the new Electric Callboy music video. Help.

Spoiler

No, really, the content warning at the start of the video has to be taken seriously. Especially the part about the "German Schlager". I was not prepared for the Wolfgang Petry-Gedächnismusik to assail my senses.

Spoiler

0WZbgf5.png

wait wat

we Thracia now

Vestaria Saga 1 also had Mobility levleups, it is just that only 3 units (Lianka, Tallan, and Aynellia) have a MOB growth greater than 0, the highest has 5%, and all of them come at, or after chapter 12 (technically you can use Aynellia on chapter 8, but I have never played that chapter slow enough for her to see combat, and she only really join on chapter 13...).

The whole Zayid part at ch11 feels like a stat check tbh

Like even with Karajan healing him with Physic, he barely survived with 2 HP before Sheela appeared

yh maybe i should've given him a vuln, but since that team got 2 healers i gave most of my vulns to Zade's team. I don't have the monado... 

oKqJRKK.png

Will that hold in court as proof xD

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Legend says Armagon is still farming for Heavy Pomegranates.

ugh that quest.

The bloke who thought that was fun needs to get slapped

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, is it on Ezrel? Oof.

yup....

We're the good guys!

King C at it again

Also Sujata: Shanks Karajan for no reason

and uses 2 charges of her precious 12 use knife xD

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Tallan

huh

interesting

But now that you say it, i think my  Aynellia might've gotten a mov lvlup

Edited by Shrimpy

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Vestaria Saga 1 also had Mobility levleups, it is just that only 3 units (Lianka, Tallan, and Aynellia) have a MOB growth greater than 0, the highest has 5%, and all of them come at, or after chapter 12 (technically you can use Aynellia on chapter 8, but I have never played that chapter slow enough for her to see combat, and she only really join on chapter 13...).

Yeah, I remember Aynellia getting a mov level in my run. VS2 has a LOT more units with move growths. Like 2/3rds of the cast, I'd estimate off the top of my head.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

Like even with Karajan healing him with Physic, he barely survived with 2 HP before Sheela appeared

yh maybe i should've given him a vuln, but since that team got 2 healers i gave most of my vulns to Zade's team. I don't have the monado... 

Worst case scenario, you can have Nelke refresh Karajan to heal twice. Coupled with Zayid's bases, it's a very lenient stat check, if at all.

oKqJRKK.png

Will that hold in court as proof xD

This part is hilarious. Penne offers a regular ol' archery competition and then Sheela just goes "nope you shoot at my face and I dodge" for no reason. So irresponsible...

This is concerning.

ugh that quest.

I eventually got it after farming the Fabricator for like an hour.

QeRa5U1.png

Checkpoint Sheela

twHIkU9.png

Sheela good

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is concerning

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He's exaggerating

Honestly, i feel it wouldn't be much of a problem if the game gave me battle preps.

Many maps the game goes "Next map no preps, prepare now", and well, i do give my units enough stuff, but i can't see the future, and the whole Zayid situation would be no problem if there were preps so i can give him a vuln or something

Edited by Shrimpy

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Many maps the game goes "Next map no preps, prepare now",

...why is the game doing that tho?

31 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

10/10 quest rating lowered?

Not as bad as Red Lobster tho.