Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

@Acacia SgtWhere'd you find the art in your pfp?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I am considering playing Metroid: Other M in the near future because i really need to know for myself if it's actually the war crime that everyone says it is.

What crime? The crime of repeated use of "The baby?"

Well storks are terrifying now (Warning: death):

Spoiler

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not gonna lie, at first I hesitated to ask because I didn't want to act all negative about this game in this thread, but... Well, that's one hell of a relief, haha. Certainly motivates me to get through what I've left of the Dad Tasks. Shouldn't be very long, anyway, I'm already at the top of the tower with the journalist and his weird photographer.

I mean... there’s my edit.

But yeah, there’s an actual plot that’s not let’s do mundane tasks until x happens the entire game unless you’re like me and do the side quests.

...Seriously though, I straight up dozed off during Alba's history lesson. That's when I started to worry. I have no idea what he said there. I hope it wasn't anything important lol

I don’t think so.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

at first I hesitated to ask because I didn't want to act all negative about this game in this thread

eh, dw

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Seriously though, I straight up dozed off during Alba's history lesson

that's getting a bit too much in Character

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

What crime?

Common complaints i've heard:

• The gameplay sucks
  • They ruined Samus' character
  • "Not a real Metroid" game

Now the only Metroid game i've played is Super Metroid but i'm really curious to know what my opinion on Other M would be considering i'm not like, a Metroid megafan.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

@Acacia SgtWhere'd you find the art in your pfp?

It's part of Reignited Trilogy's concept art.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/spyro/images/5/5d/Epilogue_2_P1_005-4k.png/revision/latest?cb=20200622131854

Here's one with the other Breezebuilders.

Just now, Dayni said:

I'm sorry, I didn't look in the comments.

In hindsight I should have seen this coming.

Spoiler

“I showed it to my 2 kids and told them it’s why there’s only 2 of them.”

Gotta love the internet.

Hmm, that one must be a revised art, since they took out the cigar. I don't think they're there in the game itself either.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean... there’s my edit.

I don't mind the story not being a super grand thing. I mean, that's what a good chunk of Berwick Saga is and I love it. If the character interactions are fun, that's okay.

The problem right now is that it seems they only know how to do two things: make fun of Estelle for being a dummy and not girly and remind me that Joshua is awesome and also really mysterious. And considering I like Estelle and don't like Joshua, it's starting to get really annoying.

Once other characters enter the fray, I should hope there'll be at least some more dynamics at play that will not get old quite so fast.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

that's getting a bit too much in Character

I'm finding myself relating to Estelle way more than I thought I would. Really do wish the game would stop bullying her all the time, it's getting so fucking old.

Charizard, too, in her limited screentime. Then again, she's had like ten minutes before disappearing because the game needed even more time to bully Estelle, so...

...Honestly, that's one of my two main gripes with the game right now, alongside gameplay being boring. Estelle getting bullied was funny like the first five times, but after thirty or forty scenes like that, it's just making me hate Joshua.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't mind the story not being a super grand thing. I mean, that's what a good chunk of Berwick Saga is and I love it. If the character interactions are fun, that's okay.

The problem right now is that it seems they only know how to do two things: make fun of Estelle for being a dummy and not girly and remind me that Joshua is awesome and also really mysterious. And considering I like Estelle and don't like Joshua, it's starting to get really annoying.

Once other characters enter the fray, I should hope there'll be at least some more dynamics at play that will not get old quite so fast.

Ah, yeah, there’s little worry there.

You’re not interested in Joshua’s mystery? I mean of all the characters he’s the one I want to learn more about, none of them have yet to knock my socks of other than sorta kinda Olivier.

I'm finding myself relating to Estelle way more than I thought I would. Really do wish the game would stop bullying her all the time, it's getting so fucking old.

It sort of will.

Charizard, too, in her limited screentime. Then again, she's had like ten minutes before disappearing because the game needed even more time to bully Estelle, so...

Hah! Victory!

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can take solace in the fact that even if you end up not liking the game, you like Estelle xD

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You’re not interested in Joshua’s mystery?

It's like Estelle getting bullied. The first two or three times it was like "hey that's ominous! I'm interested to know more!" but when the game did it for the 15th time I was like "yeah, yeah, I know, Joshua is really mysterious, can we get a move on, please?"

Game really should've given me Schera instead of writing her out for no reason. This whole stretch would've been so much better if it wasn't just Estelle and Joshua...

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It sort of will.

At least let her win sometimes, goddamnit. So far those scenes feel like they only exist so Joshua gets to look like the smart one.

And that's gonna make me hate his guts sooner than later if it doesn't stop.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

If anything, I feel her character archetype doesn't get enough flak on the grand scheme of things in fiction, so if anything it's refreshing Trails does that.

But well, I could be wrong.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I can take solace in the fact that even if you end up not liking the game, you like Estelle xD

Yeah, probably, unless she does something really awful.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

If anything, I feel her character archetype doesn't get enough flak on the grand scheme of things of fiction, so if anything it's refreshing Trails does that.

But well, I could be wrong.

Yeah, I get it. Sometimes it is warranted, she's a short-tempered jerk. But so far in Trails it's too much, man, way too much. They bully her for anything and everything. Even when she does literally nothing wrong and everything right the NPCs find a way to somehow bash her for whatever and make Joshua look better. It's so infuriating.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Game really should've given me Schera instead of writing her out for no reaso

you will get her back again soon if my memory doesn't fail me

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Game really should've given me Schera instead of writing her out for no reason. This whole stretch would've been so much better if it wasn't just Estelle and Joshua...

Schera will join you once the prologue is done so you've got something to look forward there.

The way FC works is that each chapter will be Estelle and Joshua+two other characters and it rotates like that until the final dungeon. This is beneficial because it ensures characters get equal screentime and, in the event you don't like someone, you can look forward to them swapping out the next chapter.

Just now, Armagon said:

Schera will join you once the prologue is done so you've got something to look forward there.

The way FC works is that each chapter will be Estelle and Joshua+two other characters and it rotates like that until the final dungeon. This is beneficial because it ensures characters get equal screentime and, in the event you don't like someone, you can look forward to them swapping out the next chapter.

I see a flaw in that system: I can't swap out Joshua and I can't keep Schera.

...Big flaw. Very big flaw.

That means less time is spent having Estelle be bullied and more time is spent developing your new characters.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well i can't help you there. Sorry.