• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can understand getting impatient

it's chapter 12....

Lex is widely considered the best unit in the game, or one of the best if nothing else, while Nicole is greatly underappreciated and Condor falls off hard after the earlygame.

VMUDDjs.png

Tanky, and Bowfaire. He usually doesn't double, but atleast he can one-shot fliers. Also 7 indoor move due to his skill Ü

BpMvC54.png

Str not that bad, but he can't even one shot fliers with an iron bow. Also he gets doubled due to his 7 speed

HxZLnvH.png

Yeah low str, but high mag + Magic bows and Point blank puts her on bar with the mages. Also Nihil for those annoying Tower+ enemies or annoying skills. Also fast!

Atm i switch between the 3 of them due to fatigue

In my opinion, that title belongs to Evan

yeah Evan goat

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

so nothing like Nanna.

Wait you don't like Nanna?

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey @Shrimp γ what other units are you using? I'm curious now.

Astrea, Dexithea, Evan, Jenna, Roa, Condor, Relina, Artemis, Ricky, Nereid, Charles, Gerome, Katherin, Fuuma, Derek, Lex, Kirin, Mirielle, Nicole, SGW is for good boy and girls.

Bolded: Always have in my team unless Fatigue, and unbloded are those i keep switching around with others

Edited by Shrimp γ

No Horseti smh

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unrelated fun fact: She's better than Ephraim in the hack I've been playing.

Seriously? Are her buffs that good? Or did they nerf Eph too much?

53 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Oh please, that joke wrote itself. If I were a real Trails fan I would've said Sora replaced Estelle, because Sora means "sky" and I'm pretty sure Estelle is from Trails in the Sky.

It goes beyond that, the Japanese title for Trails in the Sky is Sora no Kiseki

23 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Man, I was kind of looking forward to today.

Thankfully family found a way to ruin that.

That sucks, I hope everything is better now or that you’re working on making it better, if you can.

I can only pray for the souls of the unbelievers who have not known the light

1 minute ago, Shrimp γ said:

it's chapter 12....

Yeeeaaaah I think you might not have focused him as much as he needs. Which... yeah, I'll admit, he does need some degree of babying. The payoff is through the roof, however.

VMUDDjs.png

Tanky, and Bowfaire. He usually doesn't double, but atleast he can one-shot fliers. Also 7 indoor move due to his skill Ü

Holy fucking shit... Hold on, let me whip out my Condor from my LP... Ah, here. One level higher, but I mean, that just further illustrates my point.

tFHF3luC_o.png

Well... actually, that's not too far off, once you discount promo bonuses. And yet I felt the need to promote Condor early because it was becoming impossible to get anything outta the good knight. Huh.

BpMvC54.png

Str not that bad, but he can't even one shot fliers with an iron bow. Also he gets doubled due to his 7 speed

Lex's speed is forever bad, it just ceases to matter when he gets Double Lion.

HxZLnvH.png

Yeah low str, but high mag + Magic bows and Point blank puts her on bar with the mages. Also Nihil for those annoying Tower+ enemies or annoying skills

Yes, that's the average Nicole right there. I like her also, she's super fun once she gets some magic going. Problem with her is, most people take one glance at her, go "not Lex" and promptly send her to the bench.

yeah Evan goat

Wait you don't like Nanna?

It's not that I don't like her, it's that I don't care about her. I have no particular opinion. She's just another generic gentle healer girl in a sea of characters that are exactly the same as her.

Astrea, Dexithea, Evan, Jenna, Roa, Condor, Relina, Artemis, Ricky, Nereid, Charles, Gerome, Katherin, Fuuma, Derek, Lex, Kirin, Mirielle, Nicole

Bolded: Always have in my team unless Fatigue, and unbloded are those i keep switching around to replace fatigued people

Not bad! Dexi is super cool, always nice to see her being used instead of Baryl, who is... admittedly better in every way, but he's not Female Brigand.

Also lol Kirin. I cared nothing for her, found her to be the most boring unit in the entire game. Generic gentle healer girl? No interesting skills, stats or anything to set her apart in a cast of units that are all quite unique for the most part? I fully intended to bench her after her join map in my LP, just as I'd done in every playthrough prior... But, she healed enough times to get a level.

It was move. Of course, after that I couldn't just bench her. You don't bench someone after they get move! So I let her come along in the next map.

Her second level was also move.

And then this and that happened, and uh...

CD5fhKzU_o.png

To this day, I am still wondering how the hell this happened. Okay to be entirely fair, I did give her a couple boots after I completely fell in love with her, but I kept a record of all move levels in the LP. She got four points on her own. Four. What the fuck.

SGW is for good boy and girls.

Bahahahahahahahahahah... Nice to see some appreciation for the joke. Some of this game's meta humor had me rolling at times. And wait until you see the other one...

1 minute ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Seriously? Are her buffs that good? Or did they nerf Eph too much?

55% strength, 70% skill and speed. Defenses are a bit low, admittedly, but on the other hand, Eph's speed is kinda bleh. Not due to a nerf, but it remained untouched while the enemies around him got way better, so now he cannot double reliably. They're both excellent, but Eirika's availability, incredible offenses and wind sword access place her a bit higher, in my humble opinion.

1 minute ago, DodgeDusk said:

I got pretty far in that hack. Condor was the GOAT.

SGW is great. My favorite hack. Though that's just me.

4 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

No Horseti smh

Meanwhile Ruben: "Wow this Hawke guy is so cool!"

57 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I am going to just say thank you for taking the time to discuss all this.

I have nothing to add, so off I go.

You don't get to run away that easily!

...Then again, this warrants no real vengeance at all. I'll say I aim to entertain, and end it at that.😄

That's not even going into interview scenarios and all that drama.

And don't remind me of this. I've never done one, and of course, I've no work history, just a master's degree to go on, despite my age. Anyone who hires me will be carrying out an act of charity, I will never say there wasn't a more qualified candidate they could've chosen.

It'd require the rest of the cast done but I don't think anyone would say no to that.

Nintendo would. Ever since SD, the 1-10 (barring maybe 13?) luxury that was full official artwork of every single playable character in an FE game, drawn by the lone artist hired for the game, has been no more. Nintendo could afford it with the supremely obscure Thracia 776 and prolonged sales slump of Radiant Dawn (though they did have to delay on the majority of SS's artwork), but nope, not for Fates, not for SoV, not for 3H. How I do miss it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

SGW is great. My favorite hack. Though that's just me.

My favourite one I've completed is Requiem, though I've barely played any hacks. I did play Midnight Sun before it became an indie game (I wonder how that is going, actually), and I'm waiting now for Bloodlines to get an update.

55% strength, 70% skill and speed. Defenses are a bit low, admittedly, but on the other hand, Eph's speed is kinda bleh. Not due to a nerf, but it remained untouched while the enemies around him got way better, so now he cannot double reliably. They're both excellent, but Eirika's availability, incredible offenses and wind sword access place her a bit higher, in my humble opinion.

Got it. Maybe I'll play this instead of dragging through Sacred Trilogy.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Meanwhile Ruben: "Wow this Hawke guy is so cool!"

True. FE4 is another game where the generics have better characterization than the actual characters.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nintendo would. Ever since SD, the 1-10 (barring maybe 13?) luxury that was full official artwork of every single playable character in an FE game, drawn by the lone artist hired for the game, has been no more. Nintendo could afford it with the supremely obscure Thracia 776 and prolonged sales slump of Radiant Dawn (though they did have to delay on the majority of SS's artwork), but nope, not for Fates, not for SoV, not for 3H. How I do miss it.

We did saw full artworks in their Art Books. Including Class Artworks, select NPC artworks, designer's notes, costume breakdowns, etc.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Which... yeah, I'll admit, he does need some degree of babying

I mead, i did baby him, it's just enemies in ch8 and 9 were stupidly tanky and he couldn't do anything to them

I will try to get him to 14, as fatigue means i have to switch around anyway, but dunno if it will be possible

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

who is... admittedly better in every way

Well, i just got Beryl last chapter. His and Dexi' stats are similiar, but Dexi skills are better imo

Especially spur STR

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kirin

Me needing min. 3 staffers + fatigue forces me to use her xD

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

CD5fhKzU_o.png

HOLY

wth man

??????

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

favorite

Hmm, if the one i linked a few days ago, Cerulean cost, get's eventually completed it might become my fav. one. It's great so far!

7 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

My favourite one I've completed is Requiem, though I've barely played any hacks. I did play Midnight Sun before it became an indie game (I wonder how that is going, actually), and I'm waiting now for Bloodlines to get an update.

Requiem has... issues. I loved it when I first played it, and the second time and maybe the third, I cannot remember how many times I played it. Unfortunately, when I tried going back to it a few years later, I couldn't stomach the lack of difficulty and the tedious, drawn out maps. I grew out of it, like vanilla Sacred Stones and Blazing Sword before it. A shame.

You need to play The Last Promise, it is unironically good.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm pretty sure there's full body portraits for every character in SoV. They serve the same purpose as official artwork because SoV portraits are amazing.

As for Fates, while it wasn't by the original artist, the cast did get artwork eventually. Archanea had art from the old days of TCG, the new characters from the remakes all got artwork (as well as Malice because Malice's design is top tier). So if you consider these facts and make some allowances, the only people who never, ever got artwork in any capacity are the BS FE characters not named Malice and... uh, 90% of Three Houses. Because best FE amirite

7 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Got it. Maybe I'll play this instead of dragging through Sacred Trilogy.

My my, where did all that big talk from before go?

Well, you know I would recommend it. It's more subtle in its changes, but they're all way cool. Amelia and Myrrh join earlier! Neimi is godlike! L'Arachel gets amazing growth rates so she's an actual Est as opposed to worthless! Vanessa... still sucks. But we can't win them all, can we. Everything else is cool!

7 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

True. FE4 is another game where the generics have better characterization than the actual characters.

I liked how Hawke was just some dude who happened to be an absolute god. That was funny. Though he wasn't nearly as godly as Hannibal.

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

I mead, i did baby him, it's just enemies in ch8 and 9 were stupidly tanky and he couldn't do anything to them

I don't recall ever having issues with the tankiness of those chapters's enemies, but... Eh, I suppose I can see it. The man does have a weakness in his lack of magic. He can't just switch like Nicole can for sturdier enemies. Though to be fair, Nicole also cannot switch for mages, because her strength is just pitiful. Bottom-line, yeah, your opinions are fine.

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

I will try to get him to 14, as fatigue means i have to switch around anyway, but dunno if it will be possible

Good luck!

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

Well, i just got Beryl last chapter. His and Dexi' stats are similiar, but Dexi skills are better imo

Especially spur STR

Baryl straight up has a skill that nullifies weapon durability lol. And later on he gets a busted pfp. His combat is better than Dexi's, but Dexi is Female Brigand, so who cares. Use her.

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

Me needing min. 3 staffers + fatigue forces me to use her xD

Oh, I'm not complaining. I love that woman. Glad to see her getting used more.

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

HOLY

wth man

??????

No hell, Shrimpers. Heaven. Heaven given form.

She murdered the final boss with an axe. I had never seen true beauty till then. Heck, I was tempted to add her to my sig, fangame origin be damned.

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

Hmm, if the one i linked a few days ago, Cerulean cost, get's eventually completed it might become my fav. one. It's great so far!

It's not complete yet?

...Ohhh, it's aiming at 20 chapters. Neat. I'll keep an eye on it.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Baryl straight up has a skill that nullifies weapon durability lol

Wait what?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Use her

Or maybe both if i can xD

As for combat, my Dexi has better spd, skl and str hmm

Edited by Shrimp γ

Wait what?

Yeah, that's what Axefaith does. But disregard it, disregard it, he's not worth it. Female brigand, Shrimpy! Female brigand! I cannot believe I, of all people, have to be the one to convince you to use an anime girl!

Or maybe both if i can xD

Oh.

Or... yeah. That. That's also a possibility.

2 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

No durability use at all?

That's definetly worth using then

Don't do it, Shrimpy. I'm fucking warning you. What happened to "fun units good"? Baryl is not fun, he's a top tier loser.

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That sucks, I hope everything is better now or that you’re working on making it better, if you can.

It's going to be a rough return that's for sure.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Then again, this warrants no real vengeance at all. I'll say I aim to entertain, and end it at that.

Well at least I'm not going to be chased to the ends of the earth.

1 minute ago, WraithReborn said:

Rattling, rattling, rattling…

For the sake of those with epilepsy, I am going to put this in spoilers.

Spoiler

FearlessFarflungFlyingsquirrel-max-1mb.g

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My my, where did all that big talk from before go?

I played only 10 chapters and I'm interested on how much the hack changes the story to accomodate the fusion. But okay, I'll finish Sacred Trilogy before trying this hack.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I liked how Hawke was just some dude who happened to be an absolute god. That was funny. Though he wasn't nearly as godly as Hannibal.

>8% hit

How much did you savescum?